• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aerial Stadium Views - 1-4A

Started by LJ06, November 11, 2013, 08:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ06

November 11, 2013, 08:00:04 pm Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:26:57 pm by LJ06
Thought I'd revisit some stadiums to give some guys some sort of sense of what to expect when they travel to different stadiums during the playoffs.

Berryville

Farmington

Gentry

Gravette

Lincoln

Ozark

Pea Ridge

Prairie Grove

Tigerdad

LJ, Is there something I need to change to get the picture link?

Oldbadger

Are you sure this is Lincoln's new stadium?  Looks like the old field to me.

LJ06

LJ06

Quote from: Oldbadger on November 11, 2013, 09:25:07 pm
Are you sure this is Lincoln's new stadium?  Looks like the old field to me.

It's what I could find on google earth.  Not sure when the last updated map was though.

athletic supporter

I think it's Pea Ridge's old stadium also. Didn't they open a new one this year?

CounterPunch

Google updates once a year in the more rural places. Usually end of November

Oldbadger

Its the old field.  The new one is east of that one.  Google still has it in the construction phase.  Whew!  Grass looked bad on the old one.   Lincoln practices on it.

Wendell Robinson

Yes that is also Pea Ridge's old stadium. The new one is located by the high school in the NW portion of town. And it does not resemble a cow pasture.

LJ06

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 12, 2013, 07:38:25 am
Yes that is also Pea Ridge's old stadium. The new one is located by the high school in the NW portion of town. And it does not resemble a cow pasture.

Lol

Wendell Robinson

Something I always think of now whenever I see pictures of Gravette's Stadium. Mr. GLion saying that it has to have more sidewalks around it than any other field in the country. Now, it's the first thing I notice whenever I see an overhead or aerial shot of it. Glad they built it while G was still around. Gave him one more thing to brag about for his old home town.

LJ06

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 12, 2013, 07:44:27 am
Something I always think of now whenever I see pictures of Gravette's Stadium. Mr. GLion saying that it has to have more sidewalks around it than any other field in the country. Now, it's the first thing I notice whenever I see an overhead or aerial shot of it. Glad they built it while G was still around. Gave him one more thing to brag about for his old home town.

It looks to be a very nice facility you all should be very proud ;)

Oldbadger

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 12, 2013, 07:44:27 am
I really like that stadium.  Just looks like a football stadium with it bowl shape.  I also love the sidewalks.  Hate walking on dirt or in mud like in some of them.

AirWarren

Sidewalks are great. Never really thought much about ours that go all around the facility inside the gates until I went to a game this year and had to walk through mud.

Wendell Robinson

I think the sidewalks are a nice touch. And extremely convenient. I was just pointing out that I had never really noticed them until G pointed it out. You'll notice in most, if not all, of the new stadiums there will be a lot more sidewalks. It has to do with wheelchair/handicap access. I'm sure that someone confined to a wheel chair very much appreciates the sidewalks.

we_hate_the_band

Why would you post the stadiums of teams that haven't made the playoffs in this decade?

doober3

Gentry has a huge indoor facility right next to the field now also.

cuckoobird

Quote from: CounterPunch on November 11, 2013, 09:39:41 pm
Google updates once a year in the more rural places. Usually end of November
I have the new one from my company satellite pics but Idk how to upload a PDF file to FF. 

B&GT

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on November 12, 2013, 07:38:25 am

What do you mean "resemble?"  After playing on it in rainy conditions and pretty much no grass, I'll never be convinced that wasn't a cow field.  We got covered in more than just mud.  Mud does NOT smell like that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas