• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What School Holds the Record for a Losing Streak?

Started by WonderBoy17, September 24, 2013, 08:32:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WonderBoy17

All classes, just wanted to know what school holds this record.

panthers r us

Just a guess, but probably the Winslow Squirrels back in the 1970's.  I forget how many they lost in a row, but it seems like it was in the forty-something's, maybe more.  I remember when they finally won a game (they beat a team out of Oklahoma [Arkoma?]), they painted the score on the roof of their high school and it was visible for years.

HorseFeathers

Don't know who holds the record, but..

2A Marvell is riding a 28 game losing streak right now, last team they beat actually dropped football permanently the year Marvell beat them.

3A Drew Central is on a 25 game losing streak

LR hall is on a 19 game skid

And the winslow story is kinda funny.

Longest Losing streak I could find nation wide is 82 games by a school in Georgia...

DogsWin7

I don't know the record either but Waldron has a losing streak going on.   

Busman

Robinson hit a bad stretch in the mid-90's. Got hit with a classification move up to the 4A West (Harrison, Siloam, Alma, Greenwood, etc.) at the same time they took a dip in enrollment the year after the classification numbers were announced.  I know it was the first game of 1996, my son-in-law's sophomore year, before they won again. He said a couple of seniors cried because it was the first game they had ever won.  So I guess it was close to 0-30. Also, I think NLR Ole Main went 0-30 in 1979, 80 and 81. My bro-in-law was there and I don't think he ever won a game.

olddog79

Billyo62

olddog79

Quote from: Billyo62 on September 25, 2013, 03:12:06 pm
Quote from: olddog79 on September 25, 2013, 03:05:14 pm
Bentonville has lost 2 in a row....just sayin ;D
HA!, I was going to post that!  :)
I have been waiting for several years to have some fun at Bentonville's expense...and I ain't wasting it.

pantherblue

Quote from: Busman on September 25, 2013, 07:48:12 am
Robinson hit a bad stretch in the mid-90's. Got hit with a classification move up to the 4A West (Harrison, Siloam, Alma, Greenwood, etc.) at the same time they took a dip in enrollment the year after the classification numbers were announced.  I know it was the first game of 1996, my son-in-law's sophomore year, before they won again. He said a couple of seniors cried because it was the first game they had ever won.  So I guess it was close to 0-30. Also, I think NLR Ole Main went 0-30 in 1979, 80 and 81. My bro-in-law was there and I don't think he ever won a game.

Hard to believe that Ole Main didn't win a game in 1979.. Wasn't that the big running back Shaun Jones sr year?

HorseFeathers

The longest active streak in the state was broken Last night...Marvell snapped a 34 game losing streak with a 22-12 over Palestine Wheatley...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: HF on November 08, 2013, 11:02:44 am
The longest active streak in the state was broken Last night...Marvell snapped a 34 game losing streak with a 22-12 over Palestine Wheatley...
Waldron is at 19 now, is that the longest in the state active?

7AFBFAN

From the posts above it looks like LR Hall and Drew Central are way past 19.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas