• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014-16 Cycle Numbers

Started by Brian G, April 30, 2013, 04:00:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Brian G

April 30, 2013, 04:02:38 pm #1 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:14:17 pm by B.G.
First thing of note, Alma is at #32.#31

Van Buren moves to #14 and will no longer flirt with the line.

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on April 30, 2013, 04:02:38 pm
First thing of note, Alma is at #32.

Van Buren moves to #14 and will no longer flirt with the line.

Actually, Alma is #31 and GW is #32, but the move is noted. The numbers appear to be close to the ones out earlier.

AirWarren

April 30, 2013, 04:25:32 pm #3 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 04:31:06 pm by AirWarren
In 4a land, I notice that lake village now will drop to 3a. What will that do to the 8-4a since McGehee is still well below the 4a cut off?

Monticello and Crosset, both 8-4a, are near the top of the 4a getting close to the 5a line. Where they previously were.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2013, 04:25:32 pm
In 4a land, I notice that lake village now will drop to 3a. What will that do to the 8-4a since McGehee is still well below the 4a cut off?

My guess is that Dollarway will move back to 8-4A and West Helena will fill their spot in 2-4A.

AirWarren

That was my guess. Welcome back Dway!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Romeo on April 30, 2013, 04:31:18 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2013, 04:25:32 pm

My guess is that Dollarway will move back to 8-4A and West Helena will fill their spot in 2-4A.
If they put HWHC in the 8-4A, we riot.

AirWarren

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2013, 06:54:05 pm
Why? Let it go Eddie HA!
4 hour bus rides is why. It is stupid for Crossett and HWH to ever be in the same conference. Never had a problem with HWH teams or players. The distance has always been the issue for me.

AirWarren

That is a long way. That's why they need to go in stuttgarts conference and we take PB dollarway. Dewitt is a far enough drive for us 8-4a people!

Bondfan4ever

Taking a look at the 5A numbers, if the AAA still chooses to have a Central conference, they now have eight Pulaski County schools.  With Valley View moving up to 5A, Huntsville moving down to 4A, and Alma moving up to 6A, do not be surprised if Beebe gets assigned to the 5A West.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on April 30, 2013, 08:54:08 pm
Taking a look at the 5A numbers, if the AAA still chooses to have a Central conference, they now have eight Pulaski County schools.  With Valley View moving up to 5A, Huntsville moving down to 4A, and Alma moving up to 6A, do not be surprised if Beebe gets assigned to the 5A West.
I'm sure they'll trot out the same "We want to play against schools with 'like test scores'" line again to try and stay in the East.

ricepig

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 30, 2013, 09:03:51 pm
I'm sure they'll trot out the same "We want to play against schools with 'like test scores'" line again to try and stay in the East.

With VV moving up, Beebe is going somewhere. Who knows, maybe 6A & 5A get put together and we have several new changes

Brian G

I wouldn't assume Shiloh will want to move up so far for this cycle.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: ricepig on April 30, 2013, 09:12:20 pm
Quote from: Eddie Goodson on April 30, 2013, 09:03:51 pm

With VV moving up, Beebe is going somewhere. Who knows, maybe 6A & 5A get put together and we have several new changes
If the AAA would force HWH to drive all the way to LR for it's conference games, who is to say they will not force someone else in the East to do it and put a LR school in the West.

The way that whole deal went down was so wrong it is not funny. HWH was in a horrible position of dealing with a state takeover and laid down without a fight, but they should sued the AAA for that stunt.

AirWarren

Like test scores? The mentality of these "flight" schools really hack me off.

SouthpawSensation

The Southpaw has taken his first shot at trying to figure out what a conference alignment will look like ... starting with Class 5A.
It's going to be interesting, particularly the West ....

Bondfan4ever

I looked over the list and there are actually nine Pulaski County schools in Class 5A.  Someone in Pulaski County is probably headed west.  Here is my prediction on how the conferences will look in 2014-2016:

Central: LR McClellan, LR Fair, Jacksonville, Pulaski Academy, Sylvan Hills, North Pulaski, LR Mills, LR Christian

East: Greene County Tech, Forrest City, Nettleton, Wynne, Paragould, Blytheville, Batesville, Valley View

West: Greenbrier, Vilonia, Harrison, Clarksville, Farmington, Morrilton, Maumelle, Beebe

South: Watson Chapel, HS Lakeside, White Hall, Hot Springs, Magnolia, Camden Fairview, Hope, DeQueen

I think Maumelle being the most "north and west" of the Pulaski County schools, plus, with Valley View moving up to 5A, I just can't see Beebe going into any other conference but the West.  Things can change and we all know that, but this is just one person's opinion.

SouthpawSensation

April 30, 2013, 11:27:37 pm #18 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:44:18 pm by SouthpawSensation
I tried to post a map of what I had concocted, but it wouldn't work on here.
Mine's a little different than Bondfan4ever. Here's what mine looked like.
West — Farmington, Harrison, Clarksville, Morrilton, Greenbrier, Maumelle, LR Christian and Pulaski Academy.
East — same as Bondfan4ever (that was the easy one to do).
Southwest — De Queen, Hope, Camden Fairview, Magnolia, Hot Springs, Hot Springs Lakeside, LR Fair, LR McClellan
Central — Beebe, White Hall, Watson Chapel, Mills, Vilonia, Sylvan Hills, North Pulaski, Jacksonville.

RDâ„¢

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 30, 2013, 11:27:37 pm
I tried to post a map of what I had concocted, but it wouldn't work on here.
Mine's a little different than Bondfan4ever. Here's what mine looked like.
West — Farmington, Harrison, Clarksville, Morrilton, Greenbrier, Maumelle, LR Christian and Pulaski Academy.
East — same as Bondfan4ever (that was the easy one to do).
Southwest — De Queen, Hope, Camden Fairview, Magnolia, Hot Springs, Hot Springs Lakeside, Sheridan, LR Fair
Central — Beebe, White Hall, Watson Chapel, Mills, LR McClellan, Sylvan Hills, North Pulaski, Jacksonville.

Forgot Vilonia in west.

SouthpawSensation

Thanks for the point out, RD. Had accidentally put Sheridan in there.
However, I started looking at it and came up with an edited concoction above, putting Vilonia in my Central. Might seem crazy, but when you look at it on a map, it just might work.

cuckoobird

May 01, 2013, 07:18:51 am #21 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:23:41 am by cuckoobird
Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2013, 07:24:19 pm
That is a long way. That's why they need to go in stuttgarts conference and we take PB dollarway. Dewitt is a far enough drive for us 8-4a people!
You 8-4a guys don't need to whine about travel times. Dewitt to crossett is the only one over 2 hours while stuttgart has 4 over 2 hours. Batesville, Heber, Newport, and Clinton. Now if they moved us to the 8 we would have less travel time than we do in the 2 with only crossett and hamburg over 2 hours.

phdefense

Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2013, 07:24:19 pm
On behalf of all the the 4A-2 I can without hesitation say "we could care less about the 4A-8 having one long trip" I mean for crying out loud have you seen how far our conference has to travel?

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: B.G. on April 30, 2013, 09:12:59 pm
They've decided not to.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: AirWarren on April 30, 2013, 09:30:23 pm
Like test scores? The mentality of these "flight" schools really hack me off.
They actually said that.

AirWarren

Well Eddie, that's why I hate "flight" schools and their mentality.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: AirWarren on May 01, 2013, 10:50:52 am

Well Eddie, that's why I hate "flight" schools and their mentality.
Totally agree.

helmethair

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on May 01, 2013, 09:01:49 am
They've decided not to.
how do you know?

SouthpawSensation

In today's paper, it said Shiloh has a decision to make in the upcoming days. The biggest issue is travel.

helmethair

Which conference makes more sense for travel? 

patriotpride

If 16 48 doesn't pass and classes stay the same I agree with your east and south alignment but my central and west would look just a little different

South: Watson Chapel, HS Lakeside, White Hall, Hot Springs, Magnolia, Camden Fairview, Hope, DeQueen

East: Greene County Tech, Forrest City, Nettleton, Wynyne, Paragould, Blytheville, Batesville, Valley View

Central: LR McClellan, LR Fair, Jacksonville, Vilonia, Sylvan Hills, North Pulaski, LR Mills, Beebe

West: Greenbrier,PA , Harrison, Clarksville, Farmington, Morrilton, Maumelle, LRC

????????????????

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on April 30, 2013, 11:03:07 pm
I looked over the list and there are actually nine Pulaski County schools in Class 5A.  Someone in Pulaski County is probably headed west.  Here is my prediction on how the conferences will look in 2014-2016:

Central: LR McClellan, LR Fair, Jacksonville, Pulaski Academy, Sylvan Hills, North Pulaski, LR Mills, LR Christian

East: Greene County Tech, Forrest City, Nettleton, Wynyne, Paragould, Blytheville, Batesville, Valley View

West: Greenbrier, Vilonia, Harrison, Clarksville, Farmington, Morrilton, Maumelle, Beebe

I think Maumelle being the most "north and west" of the Pulaski County schools, plus, with Valley View moving up to 5A, I just can't see Beebe going into any other conference but the West.  Things can change and we all know that, but this is just one person's opinion.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: helmethair on May 01, 2013, 09:16:19 pm
The 4A-1, by all means. If Shiloh goes there, its longest trip will to Berryville, which is less than 52 miles one-way.
If Shiloh elects to go to 5A, it gets a 14-mile trip to Farmington, but its next shortest trip will be to Harrison, which is about 75 miles away. Clarksville would be the only one less than 100.
Here's an interesting point, though. Let's say Shiloh wants to play Class 5A. In order to do that, the smallest public school gets the choice of dropping to 4A.
There's just one problem. De Queen and Morrilton are tied for that spot. Who gets the first shot at it?

ricepig

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 01, 2013, 11:54:40 pm
Quote from: helmethair on May 01, 2013, 09:16:19 pm
The 4A-1, by all means. If Shiloh goes there, its longest trip will to Berryville, which is less than 52 miles one-way.
If Shiloh elects to go to 5A, it gets a 14-mile trip to Farmington, but its next shortest trip will be to Harrison, which is about 75 miles away. Clarksville would be the only one less than 100.
Here's an interesting point, though. Let's say Shiloh wants to play Class 5A. In order to do that, the smallest public school gets the choice of dropping to 4A.
There's just one problem. De Queen and Morrilton are tied for that spot. Who gets the first shot at it?

Why, we use AAA tie breakers, of course.

Lions84

Clarendon and Holly Grove combined only got 128 kids in the HS. WOW

Uncle Ivan

With Valley View moving up to 5A,

Been saying it was going to happen for ten years, I see it finally did.

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on May 01, 2013, 08:23:19 pm
In today's paper, it said Shiloh has a decision to make in the upcoming days. The biggest issue is travel.

Their biggest issue is the beatdowns they've taken and will continue to take.

Brian G

LJ06

The only logical sense for the 8-4A/2-4A problem would be to bring back Dollarway to 8-4A and let HWH fill the Cardinals void in the 2-4A.  Travel times for some teams in the 8-4A would be brutal having to travel to HWH, ex. Crossett, Hamburg, Warren.

tmycjy

here my pick for this of the new classafcation this is what I think they will do but I would not count on it

East                                           West                               Central                               South
Green County tech                      Farmington                      P.A                                     Watson Chapel
Nettleton                                   Clarksville                        LR McCleand                        HS Lakeside
Paragould                                  Harrison                           LR Fair                                White Hall
Blytheville                                  Morrilton                         Beebe                                  Hot Springs
Valley View                               Vilonia                              Jacksonville                         Magnolia
Wynne                                      Greenbrier                       Sylvan Hills                          Camden Fairview
Forrest City                               Maumelle                         North Pulaski                        Hope
Batesville                                   LR Christian                     LR Mills                               Dequeen

this is what I think there do

sevenof400

They've decided not to.

Arthurhawgerelli,

How do you know this?   

sevenof400

Quote from: tmycjy on May 04, 2013, 06:22:38 pm
here my pick for this of the new classafcation this is what I think they will do but I would not count on it

East                                           West                               Central                               South
Green County tech                      Farmington                      P.A                                     Watson Chapel
Nettleton                                   Clarksville                        LR McCleand                        HS Lakeside
Paragould                                  Harrison                           LR Fair                                White Hall
Blytheville                                  Morrilton                         Beebe                                  Hot Springs
Valley View                               Vilonia                              Jacksonville                         Magnolia
Wynne                                      Greenbrier                       Sylvan Hills                          Camden Fairview
Forrest City                               Maumelle                         North Pulaski                        Hope
Batesville                                   LR Christian                     LR Mills                               Dequeen

If you'd like a visual of this, click here.

Note that you may need to zoom out on the map. 

tmycjy

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 04, 2013, 07:53:41 pm
Quote from: tmycjy on May 04, 2013, 06:22:38 pm

If you'd like a visual of this, click here.

Note that you may need to zoom out on the map. 

hey thanks for that

Lionheart88

Nice.  Any chance we could get you to do the same with the earlier guesstimates for the 48 team 5A-6A combination? ;D

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 04, 2013, 07:19:04 pm
They've decided not to.

Arthurhawgerelli,

How do you know this?   
I was told by somebody who would know.

Brian G

Though likely, it's not a final decision.

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: B.G. on May 05, 2013, 09:43:07 pm
Seemed pretty final.  Travel expense and all.

sevenof400

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on May 06, 2013, 08:44:06 am

Life in the 5A does mean a lot of travel....I hope you are correct and Shiloh stays 4A because it will cut down on our travel.  I was just curious as to how you are connected to Shiloh....

Thanks.

arthurhawgerelli

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 06, 2013, 09:11:42 am
Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on May 06, 2013, 08:44:06 am

Life in the 5A does mean a lot of travel....I hope you are correct and Shiloh stays 4A because it will cut down on our travel.  I was just curious as to how you are connected to Shiloh....

Thanks.
I've got zero connections to Shiloh.  Well, my daughter is a member of one of the Cross Churches, but my information doesn't come from Shiloh.

HorseFeathers

May 06, 2013, 11:55:37 am #47 Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:57:19 am by HF
Quote from: Lionheart88 on May 04, 2013, 09:40:23 pm
Nice.  Any chance we could get you to do the same with the earlier guesstimates for the 48 team 5A-6A combination? ;D

Not Divided into conferences, but here's a map with all the 48 towns/schools marked on it  Link

sevenof400

Ice Water

If the new proposal passes, I would go 8 conferences of 6 for two reasons. 1) Reduce required travel.  2) Multiples of 8 always work better when constructing brackets.

NW: Siloam, Farmington, Alma, Greenwood, Clarksville, Russellville
NC: Harrison, Mtn. Home, Greenbrier, Vilonia, Morrilton, Maumelle
NE: Paragould, GCT, Jonesboro, Nettleton, Valley View, Blytheville
E: Batesville, Searcy, Beebe, Wynne, Forrest City, Marion
C: Jacksonville, North Pulaski, Sylvan Hills, Hall, PA, LRC
W: Fair, Parkview, Benton, Hot Springs, Lakeside, Lake Hamilton
SE: McClellan, Mills, Sheridan, White Hall, Watson Chapel, Pine Bluff
SW: De Queen, Hope, Texarkana, Fairview, Magnolia, El Dorado

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas