• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newport Head Coach Jeromy Poole will take over as head football coach at Searcy

Started by freethrow, March 27, 2013, 07:44:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

freethrow

Newport Head Coach Jeromy Poole will take over as head football coach at Searcy High School.

The Bald Knob graduate was approved by the Searcy School Board on Thursday Wednesday with a unanimous decision. He will start at the school on Monday as long as his resignation is accepted at the Newport School Board meeting tonight.

"It means a lot to me," Poole said. "All coaches have different goals and aspirations. It was one of my goals to get back into bigger football and be at a school like Searcy where they are showing a commitment to winning."

Poole had a 12-11 record in two seasons as Newport's head coach. Before Poole took over at Newport, he won three state titles as defensive coordinator at Greenwood.

Poole said it was difficult for him to leave Newport, but he is excited for the opportunity in Searcy.

"It was bittersweet," Poole said. "I am excited about the new opportunity and the new challenges. And then on the other side, it was difficult to walk away from those coaches and player

urhog

Maybe Newport will go back to playing Batesville now. Does Searcy play Batesville now? I guess he can end that too.

Lionheart88

Quote from: freethrow on March 27, 2013, 07:44:08 pm
Newport Head Coach Jeromy Poole will take over as head football coach at Searcy High School.

The Bald Knob graduate was approved by the Searcy School Board on Thursday with a unanimous decision. He will start at the school on Monday as long as his resignation is accepted at the Newport School Board meeting tonight.

"It means a lot to me," Poole said. "All coaches have different goals and aspirations. It was one of my goals to get back into bigger football and be at a school like Searcy where they are showing a commitment to winning."

Poole had a 12-11 record in two seasons as Newport's head coach. Before Poole took over at Newport, he won three state titles as defensive coordinator at Greenwood.

Poole said it was difficult for him to leave Newport, but he is excited for the opportunity in Searcy.

"It was bittersweet," Poole said. "I am excited about the new opportunity and the new challenges. And then on the other side, it was difficult to walk away from those coaches and player
Last thursday?  Seems odd they'd wait most of a week.

Lions84

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: urhog on March 27, 2013, 08:15:36 pm
Maybe Newport will go back to playing Batesville now.

Wynne, as well. 

Oh wait, it was about "the safety of the kids". 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas