• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs Texas Thread

Started by gatecrasher, March 06, 2013, 04:02:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

Per Robert Yates of the Demozette.

ricepig

I wonder if Shilow will give them any tape?

gatecrasher

AirWarren

Wow. Be interesting to see this one.

This will be a good measure to see if Bentonville and the 7A west truly are a top dog program in regards to a real Texas team/Program.

Sourmilkstain

They waited till Euless wasn't #1 program in nation. They kinda slipped last couple years. Not to say they are terrible by any stretch of the imagination. Is this one gonna be televised like the Shiloh one was? Shiloh prob wishes that it wasn't on TV, but maybe Bentonville will have a lil better luck against them.

gatecrasher

Trinity as a .500 team would still monkey stomp most any team in this state.

What does Bennie have coming back?

Baitshop

Well....they thumped the dramatically overrated team from Knockwurst Misery and the frauds from South Panola.....it's time to move into the REAL big boy league and Euless Trinity certainly fits the bill....

Will the loss of Barry Jr.'s playcalling doom Bennie before the game is played..??..??

Smithian

Quote from: Baitshop on March 07, 2013, 12:09:09 amWill the loss of Barry Jr.'s playcalling doom Bennie before the game is played..??..??
Zing!

Valleysports

Maybe Trinity will get off to a slow start like last year, but like gatecrasher said it won't matter.  Everyone went off on how stupid Shiloh's Coach was for playing Trinity, is Bentonville's coach making the same mistake?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on March 07, 2013, 07:04:46 am
Maybe Trinity will get off to a slow start like last year, but like gatecrasher said it won't matter.  Everyone went off on how stupid Shiloh's Coach was for playing Trinity, is Bentonville's coach making the same mistake?

It's a good way to see how you measure up. I watched some of the different state title games on FSW this Dec, there were good teams  but they didn't seem world class. The big problems Shilow had was not having enough bodies, and some of those were more 2A level than 5A. I hope it's on TV, or at least Lanny streams it.

SantaHog

What's the over/under on how many holding penalties will be called on Euless Trinity?  I'm going to say 6.  (Texas schools play by NCAA rules).

Baitshop

2bhsboys

Quote from: Baitshop on March 07, 2013, 12:09:09 am
Well....they thumped the dramatically overrated team from Knockwurst Misery and the frauds from South Panola.....it's time to move into the REAL big boy league and Euless Trinity certainly fits the bill....

Wasn't South Panola, MS state champs?

gatecrasher

Not saying for one sec that Bennie cant win. They proved last yr that they can play with most anyone. I was just speaking about Arkansas teams in general.

2bhsboys

Quote from: gatecrasher on March 07, 2013, 09:43:28 am
Not saying for one sec that Bennie cant win. They proved last yr that they can play with most anyone. I was just speaking about Arkansas teams in general.

;D both were very true statements. ;D

The Future

So Bentonville has taken up the task of redeeming Arkansas from the embarrassment of slaughter of Shiloh and showing the nation that there are actually some great teams here in Arkansas? Im not gonna say Bennie has no chance at winning, but the odds are stacked against them big time. They will definitely give Trinity a better game than Shiloh did. I have no clue how much better or worse this Trinity team is than the last, but they'll get a game out of the Tigers unlike the Saints.  All I gotta say is I doubt Lunney would have scheduled this game if he knew it was gonna be a beat down and he had absolutely no chance at winning. Im sure he has a trick or two still up his sleeves.

urban legend2

I'm like gate on this one, what does Bentonville have coming back?

Baitshop

Quote from: 2bhsboys on March 07, 2013, 09:09:52 am

Which says more about the overall quality of high school football in Mississippi than high school football in Arkansas....

As I have noted several times....I've watched SP play twice in last 4 years.....they would finish no better than 3rd in the West most years....

olddog79

Quote from: gatecrasher on March 07, 2013, 09:43:28 am
the largest school in the largest class...they should be able to...in general.

Billyo62

Billyo62

Will the loss of Barry Jr.'s playcalling doom Bennie before the game is played..??..??

You think anyone Bennie beats is overated other than your Rebs.

ricepig

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 12, 2013, 01:38:45 pm
I'm out of the loop, is this real?

Billyo, we've always considered you aloof, is that the same? According to the ADG is true.

Billyo62

Quote from: ricepig on March 12, 2013, 02:04:35 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 12, 2013, 01:38:45 pm
I'm out of the loop, is this real?

Billyo, we've always considered you aloof, is that the same? According to the ADG is true.

That will be interesting, We play the Rock in KC and Trinity at home..  scary

Baitshop

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 12, 2013, 01:41:18 pm

Surely you're not insinuating that Rockhurst and SP weren't overrated..??..??

Billyo62

March 12, 2013, 03:40:22 pm #24 Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 03:49:01 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: Baitshop on March 12, 2013, 03:22:02 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 12, 2013, 01:41:18 pm

Surely you're not insinuating that Rockhurst and SP weren't overrated..??..??

Probably last years teams after the fact, yes. because they lost to Bennie!

Trinity will probably be overated this year.

TigerDad2013

Southside and Greenwood wouldn't return our calls. Something about not wanting to upgrade their schedules.

Baitshop

Actually, I know for a fact that Southside's first call after learning of oar forced move to the Central, was to Bennie....it took 3 calls to get a response and we were told that they couldn't work us in....

Billyo62

March 13, 2013, 10:30:11 am #27 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 10:35:38 am by Billyo62
Quote from: Baitshop on March 13, 2013, 10:01:17 am
Actually, I know for a fact that Southside's first call after learning of oar forced move to the Central, was to Bennie....it took 3 calls to get a response and we were told that they couldn't work us in....
So, are your feelings hurt?  I would have loved to play Southside but they did in fact schedule better teams than Southside. It also negated the possibility of playing another 7A team twice in one year.

Baitshop

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 13, 2013, 10:30:11 am
So, are your feelings hurt?  I would have loved to play Southside but they did in fact schedule better teams than Southside. It also negated the possibility of playing another 7A team twice in one year.

Feelings not hurt at all...knew what the response would be before the call was made....just wanted to prove the point and watch the uncomfortable flinch from the Bennie side...

Barry hates playing Southside...too many undefeated and championship seasons ended at the hands of the Rebels....

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on March 13, 2013, 10:43:36 am
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 13, 2013, 10:30:11 am

Feelings not hurt at all...knew what the response would be before the call was made....just wanted to prove the point and watch the uncomfortable flinch from the Bennie side...

Barry hates playing Southside...too many undefeated and championship seasons ended at the hands of the Rebels....
Really,  how many exactly?

Baitshop

Enough to make the decision maker blink....

Billyo62

2bhsboys

Billyo62

March 13, 2013, 12:35:04 pm #33 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:38:19 pm by Billyo62
Quote from: 2bhsboys on March 13, 2013, 12:25:36 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 13, 2013, 11:34:12 am
Quote from: Baitshop on March 13, 2013, 11:32:32 am

Ha, I doubt that.

Glad to see you back o62

Long Distance, seems a little strange!  ;)

Who is Bennie scheduled to play OOC this year, so Far I hear Rockhurst and Trinity?  Do we play Panola away?

Baitshop

Ha, I doubt that.

Just remember....we aren't the ones that said "no"....we ain't duckin' nobody...

And you can't say that is because they were looking for better competition....Rockhurst and certainly not South Panola are/were better games than Southside would hape been....AND the gate would have been better too...

It's just more difficult to explain a loss to Southside than one of those overrated "nationally ranked" teams from neighboring states....not to worry though, Euless Trinity will make you fellas want to reconsider your decision to play the lowly Rebels in the noncon season....

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Baitshop on March 13, 2013, 03:45:38 pm

Ha, I doubt that.

Just remember....we aren't the ones that said "no"....we ain't duckin' nobody...

And you can't say that is because they were looking for better competition....Rockhurst and certainly not South Panola are/were better games than Southside would hape been....AND the gate would have been better too...

It's just more difficult to explain a loss to Southside than one of those overrated "nationally ranked" teams from neighboring states....not to worry though, Euless Trinity will make you fellas want to reconsider your decision to play the lowly Rebels in the noncon season....
Bait, the we ain't duckin anybody statement isn't exactly true...you guys dropped Greenwood off your schedule and that was SS's biggest gate of the year with maybe the exception of NS...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 13, 2013, 03:51:44 pm

Ha, I doubt that.

Bait, the we ain't duckin anybody statement isn't exactly true...you guys dropped Greenwood off your schedule and that was SS's biggest gate of the year with maybe the exception of NS...

Shhh, now Vinny, Bait's talking about Bennie's ducking, nothing,else........

Billyo62

March 13, 2013, 04:51:03 pm #37 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:53:43 pm by Billyo62

Ha, I doubt that.

You weren't ducking, Okay.. so you want to dance with us and we said NO because you're too ugly, we got better lookin girls lined up!  Sorry...  SS the new ugly duckling... used to be pretty..... now ...Not so much..   ;)

Billyo62

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on March 13, 2013, 03:51:44 pm

Ha, I doubt that.

That's because they are Chicken, got whooped and now have run away!

2bhsboys

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 13, 2013, 12:35:04 pm

Ha, I doubt that.

Glad to see you back o62

Who is Bennie scheduled to play OOC this year, so Far I hear Rockhurst and Trinity?  Do we play Panola away?

Rockhurst, Broken Arrow, then Trinity. wheee

Billyo62

Quote from: 2bhsboys on March 13, 2013, 05:37:06 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 13, 2013, 12:35:04 pm

Ha, I doubt that.

Glad to see you back o62

Rockhurst, Broken Arrow, then Trinity. wheee

Wow, I will be at the game against the Rock, with my TIGER gear on... ;D

Billyo62

March 13, 2013, 06:48:25 pm #41 Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 06:50:35 pm by Billyo62
We need to ask Bait who the late great Rebs have scheduled this year since apparently everyone they think in their own mind worthy of playing them has laughed in their face and said NO THANKS we got bigger fish to fry.

gatecrasher

urhog

Quote from: Billyo62 on March 13, 2013, 06:48:25 pm
We need to ask Bait who the late great Rebs have scheduled this year since apparently everyone they think in their own mind worthy of playing them has laughed in their face and said NO THANKS we got bigger fish to fry.
Don't they have the same schedule as last year? Heritage, Eldo, HarBer

ricepig

Quote from: urhog on March 15, 2013, 04:03:10 pm
Quote from: Billyo62 on March 13, 2013, 06:48:25 pm
Don't they have the same schedule as last year? Heritage, Eldo, HarBer

99% of the teams set schedules on two year cycles, I guess Bennie was holding out in case the split and needed to play themselves.

OPoraquê

Quote from: Baitshop on March 07, 2013, 06:10:15 pm
Quote from: 2bhsboys on March 07, 2013, 09:09:52 am

Which says more about the overall quality of high school football in Mississippi than high school football in Arkansas....

As I have noted several times....I've watched SP play twice in last 4 years.....they would finish no better than 3rd in the West most years....

"Mississloppy", to coin your phrase, baitshop.  :D

Funny, but SP's safety this past year was ranked by some second in the nation to the California Gatorade POY and USA Today DPOY.  SP's guy was a Parade all-American this year (which someone from Fayetteville should have been).

I'm staying away from this except to say: A) it's high time for Bennie, pre-split, to play teams like this from Texas win or lose, and B) wish they'd played them in '12 or '11...the main skill guys Bennie will have back in '13 will be Dez Smith's lil' brother and Hekili Keliiliki, the running backs.

Businesstron, wherefore art thou?

7AFBFAN

I am confident Bennie will be competitive with most any team in the country as long as they stay as one school. They are the only team I know who can graduate 15+ starters and come back the next year with a stronger team. Once the split occurs and and it will in my opinion I just wonder how the transition will take place between the two schools. On a different note why do the split schools have to split athletics?

OPoraquê

7AFBFAN, it's funny.  My pledge dad in college was a graduate of George Morton West High School in Berwyn, IL which borders Chicago.  His old school combines teams with Morton East of Cicero and compete as one school representing 8,000 kids - insane.  In their case, I'm not sure the combination has helped them to win any more championships.

Back to BHS/THS...Henry Apple confirms it...looks like the schedule's set.  Bennie goes to Rockhurst, then hosts Broken Arrow (which will have at least two senior players (QB and RB) heavily recruited by OU) followed by Trinity.

That's an awful lot of trouble to go to just to get beaten by Fayetteville at season's end.  ;)

swampmonster2012

Quote from: OPoraquê on March 15, 2013, 05:08:13 pm
7AFBFAN, it's funny.  My pledge dad in college was a graduate of George Morton West High School in Berwyn, IL which borders Chicago.  His old school combines teams with Morton East of Cicero and compete as one school representing 8,000 kids - insane.  In their case, I'm not sure the combination has helped them to win any more championships.

Back to BHS/THS...Henry Apple confirms it...looks like the schedule's set.  Bennie goes to Rockhurst, then hosts Broken Arrow (which will have at least two senior players (QB and RB) heavily recruited by OU) followed by Trinity.

That's an awful lot of trouble to go to just to get beaten by Fayetteville at season's end.  ;)

Eueless will score a hundred on bville...and i hope they do!
Ridiculous to have that many students and not win a state championship
Every year!

OPoraquê

March 16, 2013, 12:21:53 pm #49 Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:27:06 pm by OPoraquê
Quote from: swampmonster2012 on March 16, 2013, 08:43:01 am
Quote from: OPoraquê on March 15, 2013, 05:08:13 pm

Eueless will score a hundred on bville...and i hope they do!
Ridiculous to have that many students and not win a state championship
Every year!

1.  View from the "Smoakhouse" Texas high school forums on this game, so far, which confirms...

2.    (Though I'd honestly like to hear it in English. (Baitshop says: "What's the big deal?  These are our standard morning employee warm-ups at Benson's.")  ;) )

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas