• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Photos - Junction City versus Walnut Ridge

Started by tdn (Tim), November 30, 2012, 10:37:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tdn (Tim)

November 30, 2012, 10:37:32 pm Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:39:19 pm by tdn (Tim)

The "Catch" that put Junction City up 6-0 and really swung the momentum in the 2Q

Let's see if I can host these on my Facebook account and then post here.

dragonator

Great picture. Did you take it with your HK camera? ;D

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: dragonator on November 30, 2012, 10:45:41 pm
Great picture. Did you take it with your HK camera? ;D
As a matter of fact, I did.  Bought the Nikon D800 and the lens I was using both while I was in Hong Kong.  I was up by the press box so that photo was about 80 yards away I am guessing.  This is the cropped version as most of what I post here will be.  Great Camera.

bleudog

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on November 30, 2012, 10:37:32 pm

The "Catch" that put Junction City up 6-0 and really swung the momentum in the 2Q

Looks like somebody in that picture can jump. :o

Great shot Tim.  Good to see you tonight.

dragonator

Quote from: bleudog on November 30, 2012, 11:19:27 pm
Quote from: tdn (Tim) on November 30, 2012, 10:37:32 pm

Looks like somebody in that picture can jump. :o

Great shot Tim.  Good to see you tonight.

I guess it's true what they say about some being vertically challenged.  ;D

tdn (Tim)

1st play from the line of scrimmage after JC kicked off to start the game

still 1st play

bleudog

November 30, 2012, 11:33:35 pm #6 Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:37:29 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragonator on November 30, 2012, 11:22:04 pm
I guess it's true what they say about some being vertically challenged.  ;D

Hey, I resemble that remark.  Of course I'm also probably older than any three of those guys in the picture put together.  8)

Wilson

Hey Tim. . sorry i didnt get up there where you were tonight. . I was down on the fence with JC Pimp and your firstbaseman from 82. . Thats if you didnt graduate in 81  ;D

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Wilson on November 30, 2012, 11:34:26 pm
Hey Tim. . sorry i didnt get up there where you were tonight. . I was down on the fence with JC Pimp and your firstbaseman from 82. . Thats if you didnt graduate in 81  ;D
No problem.  If I hadn't been playing with the camera I may have been down there with you all.  As it was, I took the high ground.

Wilson

the pictures of ''the catch'' are sweet tim. . Wish you had a few of the tight ends one handed tip catch over the middle. . .

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on November 30, 2012, 11:47:56 pm
the pictures of ''the catch'' are sweet tim. . Wish you had a few of the tight ends one handed tip catch over the middle. . .

That one was Jimmy Graham like. ;D

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Wilson on November 30, 2012, 11:47:56 pm
You and me both.  I gave up on the play TOO SOON - I thought it was over thrown.  That was a great 1 handed grab.

Wilson

you got his name wrong Bleu. . its ''Superstar Jimmy Graham'' . . I coined that last year. .and now thats what Sean fox calls him on his Sunday kickoff show. . . ;D. . . And thats an early 80's rasslin refrence incase anyone was wondering. . ;). . . That was an awesome catch Tim

bleudog

December 01, 2012, 12:09:50 am #13 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:24:42 am by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on November 30, 2012, 11:58:07 pm
you got his name wrong Bleu. . its ''Superstar Jimmy Graham'' . . I coined that last year. .and now thats what Sean fox calls him on his Sunday kickoff show. . . ;D. . . And thats an early 80's rasslin refrence incase anyone was wondering. . ;). . . That was an awesome catch Tim

Man I know who you're talking about, I can go all the way back to Reeser Bowden, Boyd Pierce, Danny Hodge, Buck Robley and Silento Rodriguez.

After "Superstar's" TDs, I'll text my son that there's another 'Graham Slam.'  ;D

Wilson

Buck Robley. . ''Don't nobody call me Yella!!'' . .his son lives in Shreveport and i played softball against him for several years. . .good guy. . . and Dr Death Steve Williams lived right down from me in Bossier about 10 years ago before he pased from cancer. . Used to see him all the time in Albertsons. .. . .loved Boyd Pierce also. .

bleudog

December 01, 2012, 12:30:54 am #15 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 12:36:22 am by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on December 01, 2012, 12:22:18 am
Buck Robley. . ''Don't nobody call me Yella!!'' . .his son lives in Shreveport and i played softball against him for several years. . .good guy. . . and Dr Death Steve Williams lived right down from me in Bossier about 10 years ago before he pased from cancer. . Used to see him all the time in Albertsons. .. . .loved Boyd Pierce also. .

Those were the days.  Saw Skandar Akbar in a West-Gibsons in Minden, Jake Roberts/Bill Watts/Grizzly Smith at Pancho's in Bossier City and Steve Williams at a Mudbugs hockey game.  Cancer sucks.

Wasn't anything like Tuesday nights at the Municipal Auditorium though. ;D

Tim, we need more pics. ;D

Wilson

yes Bleu. . cancer does suck!. . Lost several family members to it. . including my mom. . . . .you know Grizzly Smith was Jake Roberts dad didnt you?. .saw that in a documentary. . and one time when i was in elementary school a car stopped at the JR Foodmart in JC early before school started. . inside it were JYD, Paul Orndorff, Bob Rupe and Ted Dibiase. . it blew all our minds. . cause Orndorff, Rupe and Dibiase were in a big Fued with JYD and Orndorff's little brother. . At that age . . we all thought it was real. . What's JYD doing joking around with those 3? . . .lol

tdn (Tim)

JC shot itself in the foot a few times with unforced errors like this one

Slowly wading through and editing the pics;

bleudog

December 01, 2012, 01:02:07 am #18 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:04:06 am by bleudog
Quote from: Wilson on December 01, 2012, 12:37:19 am
yes Bleu. . cancer does suck!. . Lost several family members to it. . including my mom. . . . .you know Grizzly Smith was Jake Roberts dad didnt you?. .saw that in a documentary. . and one time when i was in elementary school a car stopped at the JR Foodmart in JC early before school started. . inside it were JYD, Paul Orndorff, Bob Rupe and Ted Dibiase. . it blew all our minds. . cause Orndorff, Rupe and Dibiase were in a big Fued with JYD and Orndorff's little brother. . At that age . . we all thought it was real. . What's JYD doing joking around with those 3? . . .lol

I wasn't old enough at the time to confirm, but I always heard after, I watched them beat each other to a bloody pulp at the Municipal Auditorium, Dirty Dick Murdoch and Killer Karl Kox would end up drinking and eating steaks together at one of the bars on the old Bossier Strip.  Did hear Ernie "The Cat" Ladd and Ray Candy genuinely didn't like each other though.

Tim, we need more pics. ;D

catbearfan1

Great pic's Tim!!  Keep them coming please.. I know I'm a WR fan and this may be an odd request but could you post or email me some pictures of when WR scored and maybe the last 2 plays of the game when WR had the ball.

tdn (Tim)

I think I have about 70 photos selected yet to edit.  Not sure if I'll post all of those or just some.  catbearfan1  some of those involve the WR scoring drive.  Not sure exactly what you are looking for in those but be patient since it takes me some time to process this large files - each photo is about 30 to 50 mb in size.

jsk

Man great picks tdn(Tim)! I hate I had to miss this game. This was the 3rd one I missed behind working over. Looks like it was a great game. My 2 boys made down to the game, one told me about it when I got home at midnight.

It sure would have been good to see you Wilson, Tim, Dragonator and bleu. Maybe we can get together in THE ROCK. We'll have to find Scorpiux too.

catbearfan1

Okay!! Take you're time on editing. Every picture looks great so far, I'll check back with you in a few days! I may pm you if thats okay

cuz

Quote from: catbearfan1 on December 01, 2012, 08:23:59 am
Okay!! Take you're time on editing. Every picture looks great so far, I'll check back with you in a few days! I may pm you if thats okay
Don't forget your Hard Hat...............

horsepower1324

What sucks as a player on a thing like that catch, is that WR looked like they had pretty dang good coverage, and just got "out-athleted" to the ball.

Kinda like taking a good angle, and then the RB hits another gear, and you can't believe that you missed a tackle. Or breaking down on a punt return and losing your jock to a kid you couldn't tackle in a 3ft hallway. Trying to rebound against a guy who can put both palms on the square or who's a full 8 inches taller than you, and you're a 5-11 center.

All you can do is put yourself in position and hope to make the play, and that kid was way up there for the catch....

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: horsepower1324 on December 01, 2012, 09:04:59 am
What sucks as a player on a thing like that catch, is that WR looked like they had pretty dang good coverage, and just got "out-athleted" to the ball.

Kinda like taking a good angle, and then the RB hits another gear, and you can't believe that you missed a tackle. Or breaking down on a punt return and losing your jock to a kid you couldn't tackle in a 3ft hallway. Trying to rebound against a guy who can put both palms on the square or who's a full 8 inches taller than you, and you're a 5-11 center.

All you can do is put yourself in position and hope to make the play, and that kid was way up there for the catch....

Yes the JC Player made a great play and took the ball away from the defender who was in great position.  Can't fault the defender here, the JC player simply made the play in spite of him.

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: catbearfan1 on December 01, 2012, 08:23:59 am

I don't mind people contacting me by PM, email, here, whatever.  I'll probably be posting more photos tonight late - I only have Satellite internet and bandwidth restrictions suck but don't apply from midnight to 5 am so I usually upload photos around midnight to conserve the bandwidth usage.

tdn (Tim)

Just short on 4th down; JC takes over on downs.

I missed the actual catch - a one-handed grab that was sensational.  Here is the photo just after the catch.

tdn (Tim)

tdn (Tim)

Half-Time Show - Just a few pics - Walnut Ridge Band was very good.

Junction City Band very small especially compared to Walnut Ridges.

tdn (Tim)

2Nd Half Begins

lining up for an on-side kick

Covered by JC

JC quick to take advantage of the short field

Did they throw the flag for his holding the ball out?

tdn (Tim)

up 2 scores JC starts to bring the pressure.

Lined up for what becomes a fake punt

Pressure was there but pass was thrown just in time

and completed.

tdn (Tim)

December 02, 2012, 01:07:22 am #32 Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 07:51:33 am by tdn (Tim)

My photos of the Touchdown run is just a "pile of bodies" which is why I didn't post it.  Nice run but no angle for me shooting pics.

tdn (Tim)

Walnut Ridge was successful on the next on-side kick but after moving the ball down to the field, turned it over on downs.

Jc starts to run the ball with more success

This was just a great run by the QB,

reversing field

Now it's off to the races

Here is where he dives into the end zone and gets flagged.  I didn't understand that flag.  The defender was there trying to get him before he got in.

decided I should give the Kicker a pic

cuz

Great pictures TDN, enjoyed them immensely, hope you get some next Friday...........

tdn (Tim)

I'll finish tonight hopefully.  The board froze as I was trying to post more last night including what I thought was one of the best runs I have seen.

bleudog

bleudog

December 02, 2012, 08:02:48 am #37 Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:09:58 am by bleudog
Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 02, 2012, 01:05:27 am

Lined up for what becomes a fake punt

Pressure was there but pass was thrown just in time

and completed.

Nice execution.  I mentioned to someone near me with it coming in high right down the middle my guess was most JC players probably thought is was a punt and didn't realize at the time it was actually a pass.

bleudog

Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 02, 2012, 01:14:06 am

Here is where he dives into the end zone and gets flagged.  I didn't understand that flag.  The defender was there trying to get him before he got in.

I don't think he got flagged for the dive.  Too long of a zig-zag run and too many defenders near the goal line for that to be a problem.  Must have been something else on somebody else.  I vaguely remember the ball being thrown pretty high in the air after the TD signal.  Maybe excessive celebration on whoever did that.

tdn (Tim)

tdn (Tim)

tdn (Tim)

This was a fabulous run - the sequence of photos

He literally stopped to let defenders slide past him

Now it's off to the races

tdn (Tim)

tdn (Tim)

tdn (Tim)

bleudog

December 04, 2012, 07:14:09 am #45 Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 04:06:01 pm by bleudog
Quote from: tdn (Tim) on December 04, 2012, 05:03:53 am

Oops.  What to do now?

Who needs Johnny Football.  Dragons have Shaq Football.  ;D

paraloma

cuz

Quote from: paraloma on December 05, 2012, 03:28:32 pm
:P
He gone alright, and Mr. Dancy is just a sophmore, look out the next two years............ ;)

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: cuz on December 02, 2012, 07:42:57 am
Great pictures TDN, enjoyed them immensely, hope you get some next Friday...........

I plan to try - WM lighting should be better so hopefully  .... 3 Ls of Photography (Location, Lighting, Luck).  I'll be there early trying to find a good location from which to shoot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas