• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6A East/6A South Power Rankings (For Playoff Seeding)

Started by RD™, September 19, 2012, 07:17:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RD™

September 19, 2012, 07:17:45 am Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:22:10 am by Uncle Hawg
The mad scientist in me, was up late last night trying to figure out a way to keep track of this "power ranking system" that is more complicated than College Algebra. However I think I perfected the right excel spreadsheet, with the right "if" syntaxes and formulas.

6A schools earn 2 points for playing 7A schools
Each school earn 10 points per conference victory
6A schools can steal another schools final conference win total only if they beat them.

Example: Greenwood defeats Northside (and let's say Northside only wins 3 conf games this year)
2 + 10 + 3 = 15 points

Example 2: LR Hall goes winless they finish with 8 points, no matter what

It sounds complicated, but the excel spread-sheet I have devised makes it easy to keep a tally on the playoff seedings as we go along from Week 4 - Week 10, I will try and get an example of it up tonight. Stay tuned.

TTofGreenwood

I like Siloam at our place week 11 and then loser of PB/El Do at our place day after Thanksgiving.   ;)

7AFBFAN

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 19, 2012, 03:47:25 pm
Who do ya'll play week 12?

Haven't dug that deep yet....Jonesboro? LH? Be nice if we can get that one seed and stay home!  Think CJW would suspend a few more players before 11/19.  Just sayin.....

7AFBFAN

Well the way I see it at worst your boys would have two losses and at best jonesboro would only have two losses. Without an injury bug your boys are looking good no matter who is on the other side. I think WMS definitely looks much easier as the 1 seed though.

Big Foot

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on September 19, 2012, 07:17:45 am
The mad scientist in me, was up late last night trying to figure out a way to keep track of this "power ranking system" that is more complicated than College Algebra. However I think I perfected the right excel spreadsheet, with the right "if" syntaxes and formulas.

6A schools earn 2 points for playing 7A schools
Each school earn 10 points per conference victory
6A schools can steal another schools final conference win total only if they beat them.

Example: Greenwood defeats Northside (and let's say Northside only wins 3 conf games this year)
2 + 10 + 3 = 15 points

Example 2: LR Hall goes winless they finish with 8 points, no matter what

It sounds complicated, but the excel spread-sheet I have devised makes it easy to keep a tally on the playoff seedings as we go along from Week 4 - Week 10, I will try and get an example of it up tonight. Stay tuned.

I did take and passed college Algebra back in 72 but have forgotten most of it , so I am just going to let you do the fancy figuring and I will just agree with your stats. If I ever get to meet you I'll buy you a cold one of your choice. I just enjoy going to games and watching good high school football. Thanks for your work on this.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: TTofGreenwood on September 19, 2012, 04:04:33 pm
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on September 19, 2012, 03:47:25 pm
Who do ya'll play week 12?

Haven't dug that deep yet....Jonesboro? LH? Be nice if we can get that one seed and stay home!  Think CJW would suspend a few more players before 11/19.  Just sayin.....

Let's see, I remember a team looking at their week 2 playoff match-up...

When was that Bait? Oh, that's right, Bentonville 2009...

Baitshop

No es bueno for the Boys from Bennie....

But you boys from the UofG shouldn't worry about that....you're golden....

I would start ordering your 6A Championship rings now....beat the rush....

There are some guys in Rogers that can help you with your parade plans too....

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Baitshop on September 19, 2012, 06:12:05 pm
No es bueno for the Boys from Bennie....

But you boys from the UofG shouldn't worry about that....you're golden....

I would start ordering your 6A Championship rings now....beat the rush....

There are some guys in Rogers that can help you with your parade plans too....

Put me down for one of the early t-shirt orders, XL...

Dogs78

There are towns that have parades when they win State??

Parades, 2nd place rings, dang see what all we've missed out down there slumming with the 5A.

6A is awesome!!

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: Dogs78 on September 19, 2012, 06:18:08 pm

Parades, 2nd place rings, dang see what all we've missed out down there slumming with the 5A.

6A is awesome!!

The key is early planning.

You have to submit the parade route and plans early to the city council. I would get started now.

Also, with the volatility in the commodities market, you would be better off placing t-shirt and ring orders now. No telling what prices are going to do after the election!

Remember, the three keys to championship celebration. Plan early, order early, and order heavy...

TTofGreenwood

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on September 19, 2012, 06:28:32 pm
Quote from: Dogs78 on September 19, 2012, 06:18:08 pm

6A is awesome!!

The key is early planning.

You have to submit the parade route and plans early to the city council. I would get started now.

Also, with the volatility in the commodities market, you would be better off placing t-shirt and ring orders now. No telling what prices are going to do after the election!

Remember, the three keys to championship celebration. Plan early, order early, and order heavy...

This won't be a problem....... ;).    Approved.

gatecrasher

September 20, 2012, 07:11:34 am #12 Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 07:13:38 am by gatecrasher
1 seed (2010)
2 seed (2009, 2011)
3 seed (2008)

It don't matter what seed you are, if you're good, you can get to War Memorial. Just sayin...

And TT, go ahead and preorder your stuff...I'll be over here with the stuffed voodoo bulldog putting more juju on yall...;D

RD™

Buck james still has a stuffed voodoo Bulldog in his office...

It don't work.

We're more like vampires, you gotta drive a stake in our heart.

ricepig

Walter Woodie keeps up with all of this, I think in volleyball, baseball, and softball too.

gatecrasher

7AFBFAN

Good one Diehard. The problem is gate brought a flat bottom with no motor to the boat race.

RD™

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2012, 08:55:28 am
Walter Woodie keeps up with all of this, I think in volleyball, baseball, and softball too.
I am not relying on the AAA to get this updated come Sunday night, I'd like to know where things stand after the game.

ricepig

Quote from: Uncle Hawg on September 20, 2012, 09:59:50 am
I am not relying on the AAA to get this updated come Sunday night, I'd like to know where things stand after the game.

It's actually useless until the games are all played, but knock yourself out.  :D

Billyo62

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2012, 10:10:53 am
Quote from: Uncle Hawg on September 20, 2012, 09:59:50 am

It's actually useless until the games are all played, but knock yourself out.  :D

That was my thought, way to early and too many variables... Just win every game and you pretty much know where you stand!

I tried to figure this last year, it's a waste of time until the last week.

arkyboiler

In case anyone is interested, here are the standings through week 2 of conference play.  These standings combine the East & Central and the South & West since this will be the manner in which seeding is determined after week 10.

Team             Points
Jonesboro   24
Greenwood   22
Searcy                22
Russellville   14
Marion                12
Mountain Home   11
LR Hall                 4
LR Parkview    2

Team             Points
Pine Bluff                23
El Dorado                20
Lake Hamilton   20
Benton                12
Siloam Springs     4
JA Fair                  0
Sheridan                  0
Texarkana     0

thebigshot

Playoff seeds don't mean nothing. You have a good chance as anybody else to go Little Rock. 

ricepig

Quote from: thebigshot on October 01, 2012, 12:10:15 pm
Playoff seeds don't mean nothing. You have a good chance as anybody else to go Little Rock.

The odds generally favor the home teams, but true, anyone can potentially win.

7AFBFAN

If Jonesboro can handle Cabot and take care of 6A business they have a decent shot at number 1 seed. Home field seems to help in the playoffs.

ricepig

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 01, 2012, 12:37:04 pm
If Jonesboro can handle Cabot and take care of 6A business they have a decent shot at number 1 seed. Home field seems to help in the playoffs.

You not giving us any chance against NLR???  I imagine it will come down to how well we do against Cabot, and GW does against Conway and SS. I'm not over looking Searcy or Marion as both tend to pay their best games against us, but would be upsets. Of course, we need WM to right their ship and win out to get their points, it would help if Central won some games too.

7AFBFAN

Right now I would give 2 or 3 7A teams a chance against NLR at best. Nothing against Jonesboro as I feel they can make some noise in 6A if they somehow grab the 1 seed. I think 1 loss against 7A opponent and a win out against 6A gets it done.

ricepig

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 01, 2012, 01:22:51 pm
Right now I would give 2 or 3 7A teams a chance against NLR at best. Nothing against Jonesboro as I feel they can make some noise in 6A if they somehow grab the 1 seed. I think 1 loss against 7A opponent and a win out against 6A gets it done.

I don't give us much chance either, probably be like when we played Conway for the first time two years ago, too many weapons. Although, it that respect, we have seen it before. I talked with a couple of Asst coaches before the season started and they just wanted to weather the storm and not lose any players with injuries during this 7A stretch. They are trying to save Stafford for the playoffs and let some others get some touches. He's averaging over 200 yd/game, but still is running it 25-35 times a game.

7AFBFAN

Hopefully he won't get that many carries this week. That would be a lot of pounding against the big kids at NLR. I think if NLR is anything like Conway you guys do have a chance.  I just think they may be a tier above Conway this year.  I hope your boys go out there Friday and shock the state with a win.

ricepig

Well, I was thinking more of a couple of years ago when Conway had a qb that could throw it, a WR that was fast, and a RB that was good. Then the had a defense that had a couple 300lbs that clogged the middle. Last year we had them beat, but had a fumbled shotgun center and pick 6 to lose in the last 6:00. This year we led 6-0 when it was called due to the rain.

If their QB has a halfway accurate arm, we'll be toast. We play a lot of man and crowd the line with blitzes for both the run and pass. The problem with Stafford not getting a lot of touches hurts any chance to stay in the game, but you have to look at the bigger picture.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas