• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FF Posters Top 20; Preseason

Started by Wendell Robinson, July 16, 2012, 01:29:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendell Robinson

July 16, 2012, 01:29:40 am Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:09:55 pm by Wendell Robinson
RK      Team                 PTS
1. Malvern (12).............439
2. Warren (3)...............398
3. Nashville (3).............389
4. Dollarway (1)............384
5. Ozark (1)..................354
6. Pottsville...................316
7. Stuttgart...................307
8. Monticello..................298
9. Prairie Grove..............255
10. Maumelle.................203
11. Booneville................185
12. Ashdown..................170
13. Highland...................157
14. Gravette...................144
15. CAC.........................139
16. Star City(1)..............135
17. Heber Springs...........134
18. Farmington.................93
19. Gosnell.......................65
20. Arkadelphia.................48

Others receiving significant votes: Clinton, Mena, Valley View, Lonoke, Newport

x14113

Despite the general consensus here, this is the third 4A #1 that I have seen.

I wonder who Vype will consider #1...

Jimbo Morphis

you guys backing warren don't jump after they play fairview and p.a.

DogsWin7

Nice Job Wendell!  Thanks for taking time to appease us ole' football fanatics......

Oldman told me Malvern would be tough...........but Ozark #5 really?

How close was GLion to making it a 3 time champ?   

Wendell Robinson

While Malvern is the consensus #1, they came in as low as 18th in one poll and there were a few others that didn't think so highly of the leopards. Which is why they don't lead by a bigger margin.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2012, 08:15:35 am
you guys backing warren don't jump after they play fairview and p.a.
This. Our first three games are gonna be major battles. No cupcake schedule over here boys.

Radiotalker

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on July 16, 2012, 10:11:56 am
While Malvern is the consensus #1, they came in as low as 18th in one poll and there were a few others that didn't think so highly of the leopards. Which is why they don't lead by a bigger margin.
whoever voted them 18th should be banned from participating in this poll and forced to take football 101.   18th? you have to be kidding? 

AirWarren

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2012, 11:06:26 am
whoever voted them 18th should be banned from participating in this poll and forced to take football 101.   18th? you have to be kidding? 
My bad, I meant to put Malvern JV at #18.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AW on July 16, 2012, 11:08:21 am
Probably some newbie.
or like many on here. my team is the best because i know nothing about the rest of the teams. that kinda thinking is how "nations" are created.

AirWarren

The earle nation.

Good luck against those boneheads over there in 3A.

LJ06

Malvern at 18th? Wow love to know who that poster was

AirWarren

Pitbull.

He has earle number one in the 4a as well.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AW on July 16, 2012, 12:52:01 pm
Pitbull.

He has earle number one in the 4a as well.
cmon mane.

Wendell Robinson

July 16, 2012, 01:20:53 pm #15 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 02:09:36 pm by Wendell Robinson
Actually, there wasn't too much bias from most. I only received one poll that I considered not accepting because of homerism

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on July 16, 2012, 01:20:53 pm
Actually, there wasn't too much bias from most. I only received one poll that I considered not accepting because of homerirsm
aw is a good guy. don't fire him yet.

LJ06

Quote from: Oldman on July 16, 2012, 02:00:03 pm
Quote from: Wendell Robinson on July 16, 2012, 01:20:53 pm
Actually, there wasn't too much bias from most. I only received one poll that I considered not accepting because of homerirsm
aw is a good guy. don't fire him yet.

Haha +1 oldman

DogsWin7

July 16, 2012, 02:30:25 pm #19 Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:32:42 pm by DiehardFBfan
How many Coaches are new to the 4a this year?  Anyone have a official count?

I know of:
Waldron
Dover
Crossett (gonna be asst. only)
Nashville (he's back! not really new)
Gosnell

just curious how this could possibly impact the FF poll by the end of the season...or if it matters.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 16, 2012, 02:30:25 pm
How many Coaches are new to the 4a this year?  Anyone have a official count?

I know of:
Waldron
Dover
Crossett (gonna be)
Nashville (he's back! not really new)
Gosnell

just curious how this could possibly impact the FF poll by the end of the season...or if it matters.
the scrappers may move back to the top.

LJ06

As long as Dawson is at the helm, Nashville will be one of the best in 4A year in and year out.  Man can just flat out coach. I know Scrapper fans are excited after the past couple seasons to get back where they are supposed to be.

AirWarren

Actually, I was pretty reasonable.

WR can post mine I don't care haha.

LJ06

^ me either. Im not scared. Heck I think I had Warren at 4.

G-Town38

Oddly enough, if I were one of the pollsters, I probably would have matched that top 4. The rest of the poll is up in the air though.

Romeo

Actually a little surprised Warren was picked number 2. Were talented but I think there's 3 or possibly 4 teams that are better.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on July 16, 2012, 04:50:53 pm
Actually a little surprised Warren was picked number 2. Were talented but I think there's 3 or possibly 4 teams that are better.

My thoughts exactly. I think we'll be good this year, but I'm still skeptical on how good.

AirWarren

Nothing will be given to them. They are gonna have to go out and play like everyone else.

x14113

As if to hammer the point home,  I just saw a fourth school named #1 in 4A.

Four different polls, four #1s...

We'll be dealing with dark horses before we know it!

LJ06

Quote from: x14113 on July 16, 2012, 07:17:11 pm
As if to hammer the point home,  I just saw a fourth school named #1 in 4A.

Four different polls, four #1s...

We'll be dealing with dark horses before we know it!

Which was?

x14113

A certain group of folks from SEA that should've kept those axes on their helmets.  ;D

LJ06

Quote from: x14113 on July 16, 2012, 08:03:22 pm
A certain group of folks from SEA that should've kept those axes on their helmets.  ;D

LOL you can't be serious.  Just don't see us being number 1 right now.  Btw, completely agree about the axes.  I hate looking like University of Wisconsin's goofy backwards cousin with the black W.

LJ06

Romeo

I'm sorry, I like the W's better.

LJ06

Quote from: Romeo on July 16, 2012, 09:48:32 pm
I'm sorry, I like the W's better.

You like the old lumberjack head the best.  We all know it Romeo lol

x14113

And we finally have a poll agreeing with another!

AS360 also has Warren #1.

Hero

I haven't seen any of the polls which polls have who as the #1 choice?

Jack1990

Don't be surprised if the axes show back up.  That's just the word on the street.

x14113

Quote from: Hero on July 17, 2012, 03:01:19 am
I haven't seen any of the polls which polls have who as the #1 choice?

HAF--Nashville
FF Posters--Malvern
Calpreps--Dollarway
AV--Warren
AS360--Warren

Titan Spirit

HAF--Nashville
FF Posters--Malvern
Calpreps--Dollarway
AV--Warren
AS360--Warren
[/quote]

What is Calpreps?

GLion Alum

It's good to be back among you for a while.  I finised up a 21-day stay in Rogers Mercy Hospital yesterday, and it remains to determimed if and when I do back.  Right now my posting skills are lacking a lot. 

x14113

July 17, 2012, 11:30:23 am #41 Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:36:25 am by x14113
Quote from: Titan Spirit on July 17, 2012, 11:22:43 am
Quote from: x14113 on July 17, 2012, 10:52:02 am

HAF--Nashville
FF Posters--Malvern
Calpreps--Dollarway
AV--Warren
AS360--Warren

What is Calpreps?

This is Calpreps.

As one could gather from the name, its focus started with Calfornia HS football, but has expanded to cover the entire country in recent years.

Quote from: GLion Alum on July 17, 2012, 11:22:48 am
It's good to be back among you for a while.  I finised up a 21-day stay in Rogers Mercy Hospital yesterday, and it remains to determimed if and when I do back.  Right now my posting skills are lacking a lot. 

We're pulling for you, GLion.  Get well soon!  :)

Jimbo Morphis

welcome back and hope you feel better.

G-Town38

Calpreps is more of a computerized rating system. Kind of like the BCS. I believe that they go on the premise of California football is tops in the country with Texas being second. They take those schools, match them up with other schools and it kind of snowballs from there. However, if you do any matchups between two teams, it is almost eerie how close they get on their picks. Last year I did the matchup between Gravette and Warren, it had Gravette winning in a somewhat high scoring game. Probably the only publication that would have made that prediction. And they were right.
I believe HAF, Vype, and AR360 all had Warren picked to win.

DogsWin7

July 17, 2012, 12:07:44 pm #44 Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:42:18 pm by DiehardFBfan

Many prayers GLion...........Hope you feel better soon. Pray it isn't something to serious.  Miss your posts!   I thought you had actually stuck to your not posting for awhile and took a deserved vacation, or Wendell left you on his honeymoon ;D   My sincere apologies, had I known you were at the hospital, I would not have been teasing you...slap for me!

I'm going.........carry on.

Wendell Robinson

Anyone heard from whippersnapper? He was do excited to see the results. And now? Crickets...

Big Fan

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on July 18, 2012, 09:24:24 am
Anyone heard from whippersnapper? He was do excited to see the results. And now? Crickets...
He was on the boards yesterday.

whippersnapper

Give me a break haha its a great poll. Obviously the SC vote for #1 is stupid. Maumelle is WAY to high and Clinton should replace Arkadelphia imo.

LJ06

Whoever put Star City first and Malvern 18th needs to quit the poll lol

mr.b@sc

Quote from: LJ06 on July 18, 2012, 07:04:23 pm
Whoever put Star City first and Malvern 18th needs to quit the poll lol
I can assure you it was not me. As much as it hurts i dont even have star city in my top 10... :'(

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas