• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron's on road to Success

Started by DogsWin7, March 02, 2012, 08:48:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will Waldron win in 2013?

0 games
2 games
3 games
4 games
5 +
Will they just be improved

alaskanstorm

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 09, 2012, 09:22:06 pm
That's just one mans opinion and you aren't reading it in context. If Waldron was a football town and these kids had the correct training and mindset from grade school on up I am sure that would change. Instead what is the legacy of Waldron?

That class should already be in school every 20-30 yrs they have one class with 30+ players

7AFBFAN

Why the gap? 30+ in one class if it spanned all three high school years would make for quite the football team. Am I misunderstanding what it is you are saying?

alaskanstorm

Yep tends to be that way. They must spike the drinking water  with the good stuff that year.

7AFBFAN

Well heck let's figure out how to spike their water every year and come up with some good suggestions for turning it around. There has to be an answer.

alaskanstorm

That would probably bump them up a classification or two and then you have a whole different bag of problems

phdefense

Quote from: alaskanstorm on October 09, 2012, 09:49:28 pm
That would probably bump them up a classification or two and then you have a whole different bag of problems
How do you figure? They would have the same amount of students.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 09, 2012, 06:36:17 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 09, 2012, 08:29:56 am
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 08, 2012, 06:37:46 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 08, 2012, 08:49:55 am
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 07, 2012, 01:17:25 pm
Quote from: rattler33 on October 07, 2012, 12:55:35 pm
Why don't people give this man a chance it is his first years on the job. there is talent in waldon but u are going to give him a little time u can't turn it around over night

Because people are being idiots.

Come on.   A new coach coming into a football program that has been flat on its back for a decade CANNOT start saying publicly,

"Well, realistically we might win one game this year".

You know what hearing that does to kids (both actual and potential players)?   Their parents?   The booster club?   

You want to talk about things that will kill morale before a season even begins?    That is a frank,  strictly realistic assessment of a school chances of victories.

It is not arrogant or bragging for a new coach to give an optimistic (even an over optimistic) view of the upcoming season.  Kids need to be told they CAN win.    If they hear "we'll be lucky to win a game" then they are defeated before they even put on their pads.

And kids, parents,  fellow teachers, the booster club, the community need to have reasons to believe in the coach whether that belief yet has concrete justification.   
You still don't get it Dayton...you have no clue what is going on in Waldron. FBforlife99 knows what is going on and somehow he knows firsthand. Davis won't be at Waldron long unless some things change and quickly...his ego is getting the best of him...waving a ring in front of the kids isn't gonna get it done...
by the way, you calling someone an idiot is laughable at best. Anybody that knows you and your football philosophy will not hire you. That's why you couldn't get a job and when you finally did it's a teaching job and volunteer assistant...lol...you need to take a long look at your career path and change it to being a librarian... ;)

You are either ignorant or a liar.

Or both.

Not that I care.

And anyone who thinks that Strong won a state title just because of Kenneth Dixon is an idiot.

Strong had Division 1 caliber talent for years with no state football title to show for it.
Well Dayton, give us some names of these D-1 talented players from Strong and where they are playing please...And I am neither ignorant or a liar. I love how people resort to calling names when they are wrong and just can't admit it. Face it, you have been proven wrong on the Strong ordeal by a person in the know and you have no clue about Waldron.
Dayton, I guess you really have no clue as to how many coaches, players, AD's, administration and school board members read this forum. You spewing out all the garbage that you do is not gonna help you ever get a coaching job (not that you are worthy of one anyway) in Arkansas. I guess you are a career teacher/volunteer assistant. I know of several schools to which you applied that the coaches laughed at your app. Believe it or not I could care less...

I am assistant football coach and defensive coordinator at Augusta.   Should you really wish to confirm that,  You may simply call Coach Turner. 

I am more than qualified to be head football coach in Arkansas of a Sr. High football team and I have no doubt I will be hired for such a position eventually.

I do not call people "ignorant" or "liars" unless they are.    You have said that I'm a "volunteer assistant" for Augusta.

I'll give you a clue.   I enjoy coaching football.   I enjoy teaching.   But I would never do either for free.   Because my time is worth something to me.   

I know Venny that sitting in the press box year after year in Mansfield with the gods eye view probably gives you a feeling that you know something about football.   

But your posts here suggest otherwise.   Because you have a "check all the boxes" mentality for football coaching. 

Seven on seven-check
Off season weight room-check
film review-check

Just for starters.   Now some or all of these can be an asset to certain programs.    But doing every last thing that some coach somewhere has had success with is foolish beyond imagination.    A football coach should strive to keep his football program simple.    To find a few things that work and do them well. 

Not to "check all the boxes" to help keep the school board off his back.
Dayton you are a joke. You are too dumb to realize what I am even getting at with your "DC" position at Augusta so I will give up on that one...lol...You may enjoy coaching and teaching but it is evident that you have no clue about coaching football from your posts on here...sitting the pressbox has nothing to do with it junior...you have no clue as to who I am or what my background in football is...check all the boxes mentality? Really...I have no clue where you get that...
Bottom line Dayton, you have the little man syndrome...you are the supposed "DC" at Augusta. You wish you were a head coach but your lack of knowledge and work ethic prohibit that from happening and your posting your ignorance on a public forum under your real name shows exactly how ignorant you really are...lol...the next few years are gonna be fun to watch your progress...

helmethair

Little man syndrome?  How tall is he?

Dragline

all you need to know is that he is from Dierks.

7AFBFAN

I don't have time to read 10 pages of posts. How does this relate to Waldron?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 10, 2012, 10:18:40 am
Long story...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: helmethair on October 10, 2012, 09:10:15 am
Little man syndrome?  How tall is he?
lol...different type of little man syndrome...

DogsWin7

October 10, 2012, 11:33:47 am #512 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 11:38:20 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 10, 2012, 10:18:40 am

It doesn't.  The community has been able to afford this great new multi million dollar sports complex, and is trying to re-build( if you want to call it that) support to the kids in Waldron.

Waldron's record is no lie.  It is currently at 0-6 this year.  Waldron if you look at the stats here on FF, Waldron has only won 13 games in the past 8 years.  Which is extremely difficult but Coach Davis has to be allowed time to do what he knows how to do, and hopefully turn Waldron's program into a winning one.

Fbforlife99

OK for those who want to know my knowledge of Waldron Bulldog football I played for Mansfield my junior year was the reuniting of the Waldron Mansfield rivalry or Battle for 71.  I now live in Waldron have family members who have played have enjoyed the students playing and getting to know the boys personally.  I have friends with most and if not know of them and will do anything to help these boys.  They admit I know football and most have asked me to coach.  I would if not for the time I would be away from my family.  Now I will however be a consultant if they would like my advice and help breakdown teams offense and defense so they can focus on the training for them each week.  I have grown up in this area playing football and know who these teams run.  As far as Coach Davis' hiring I was informed of a rumor which could be true that he was hired as eye candy and would flirt with Waldron's old Superintendent which she was prone to hiring people for doing.  She passed on Coach Mays of Booneville, this is fact part by the way,  by not informing him of the stipends like he asked her to do in person and would not give him the time of day after his interview.  Waldron was suppose to have coach Mays which would be even better for their already awesome basketball team as Coach Mays son is known to be a stud at basketball, and evidently not too shabby at fullback for Booneville.  The issues Waldron has is a complete screw up from the top down and it will take someone with guts to step up and fix it.  From having the testicular fortitude to tell parents off to backing up teachers and even hiring quality not decent looking or flirtatious coaches as aforementioned.  Just to let you in on my background some more my line coach was Coach Marcus Richmond ex marine and all around beast.  This man taught me a lot about character while not always exhibiting it.  He taught us to stand up and never admit defeat.  Waldron needs some one who is stand up and not afraid to be different.

Dragline

wow

just wow

There is no insult I could make that would be worse than the self revelation posted above.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Fbforlife99 on October 10, 2012, 12:32:06 pm
OK for those who want to know my knowledge of Waldron Bulldog football I played for Mansfield my junior year was the reuniting of the Waldron Mansfield rivalry or Battle for 71.  I now live in Waldron have family members who have played have enjoyed the students playing and getting to know the boys personally.  I have friends with most and if not know of them and will do anything to help these boys.  They admit I know football and most have asked me to coach.  I would if not for the time I would be away from my family.  Now I will however be a consultant if they would like my advice and help breakdown teams offense and defense so they can focus on the training for them each week.  I have grown up in this area playing football and know who these teams run.  As far as Coach Davis' hiring I was informed of a rumor which could be true that he was hired as eye candy and would flirt with Waldron's old Superintendent which she was prone to hiring people for doing.  She passed on Coach Mays of Booneville, this is fact part by the way,  by not informing him of the stipends like he asked her to do in person and would not give him the time of day after his interview.  Waldron was suppose to have coach Mays which would be even better for their already awesome basketball team as Coach Mays son is known to be a stud at basketball, and evidently not too shabby at fullback for Booneville.  The issues Waldron has is a complete screw up from the top down and it will take someone with guts to step up and fix it.  From having the testicular fortitude to tell parents off to backing up teachers and even hiring quality not decent looking or flirtatious coaches as aforementioned.  Just to let you in on my background some more my line coach was Coach Marcus Richmond ex marine and all around beast.  This man taught me a lot about character while not always exhibiting it.  He taught us to stand up and never admit defeat.  Waldron needs some one who is stand up and not afraid to be different.

Paragraphs? ;D

DogsWin7

October 10, 2012, 01:11:45 pm #516 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 01:20:17 pm by DiehardFBfan
It was established months ago on the Waldron's Coach thread that Coach May withdrew his application.

You must not know much about Waldron or you would know that Waldron is in the process of hiring a New Superintendent according to their schools website.

There was also a article in the Times Record that stated Waldron was rezoning and that New School Board officials have been elected.

The former Superintendent according to the AAA website is an acting Board Member.

Would also add that Waldron's interim Superintendent is Bob Evans from Greenwood who was also that districts Superintendent.   

helmethair

Wow this is better than Days of Our Lives

DogsWin7

Is that considered eye candy?  ;) ;D   

7AFBFAN

To the mansfield poster. Do you know Mansfield interviewed Gus Malzahn and didn't even call him back for a second interview? It seems they have this guy there now with a hi tech offense that utlilizes the modern play called the handoff. Go figure.

bleudog

October 10, 2012, 02:04:57 pm #520 Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:06:03 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Fbforlife99 on October 10, 2012, 12:32:06 pm

In the words of the immortal Lewis Grizzard, "Don't believe I'd a told that one." :-X

But since you did, was there a motorcycle involved? :o

Dragline

But at least he volunteered to break down the film and tell them what to do so the coaches can focus on conditioning and such.

I mean, he really knows his football.

helmethair

Lol is this stuff real life?  I would like to see this guy break down some film

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 10, 2012, 08:37:43 am
...you have no clue as to who I am or what my background in football is...

You would be correct there.    As you are a typical "internet coward" who hides shamelessly behind a username rather than being truly willing to be accountable for what you say.   

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 10, 2012, 01:40:46 pm
To the mansfield poster. Do you know Mansfield interviewed Gus Malzahn and didn't even call him back for a second interview? It seems they have this guy there now with a hi tech offense that utlilizes the modern play called the handoff. Go figure.
Yep, 1991 is when Gus interviewed. I am from Mansfield also 7A...our idiot Super at the time didn't want Gus...lol...as for the coach we have now, we are struggling with injuries (6) and starting sophs (8). He is the only coach to win a conference championship at Mansfield and yes, he hands the ball off 50 times a game...lol...but we love the guy...

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 10, 2012, 06:36:15 pm

You would be correct there.    As you are a typical "internet coward" who hides shamelessly behind a username rather than being truly willing to be accountable for what you say.   

90% of the people on this board have met me and know my real name...as for coward...anytime Dayton...let me know...

helmethair

I assumed you were Venny Slocombe

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: helmethair on October 11, 2012, 11:10:42 am
I assumed you were Venny Slocombe
lolololololol...why yes, and I thought you were helmethair...

DogsWin7

95% of the people on this board have a username other than their own birthname. It's encouraged.  Many have told you how to change your name on here several times.  I would suggest that you do it or not post on something that you don't have 1st hand knowledge of or at least put it's your opinion. 

When someone calls you out on a post, and you back down it kinda makes you look bad imo.   

It took me a little bit to realize this but I have wised up some.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 11, 2012, 12:47:41 pm

95% of the people on this board have a username other than their own birthname. It's encouraged.  Many have told you how to change your name on here several times.  I would suggest that you do it or not post on something that you don't have 1st hand knowledge of or at least put it's your opinion. 

When someone calls you out on a post, and you back down it kinda makes you look bad imo.   

It took me a little bit to realize this but I have wised up some.

Wow Diehard, I'm impressed...I have a newfound respect for you...seriously...

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 11, 2012, 10:28:36 am
Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 10, 2012, 01:40:46 pm
Yep, 1991 is when Gus interviewed. I am from Mansfield also 7A...our idiot Super at the time didn't want Gus...

I don't remember the details of Gus Malzahn's career but wasn't 1991 well before his career at Shiloh Christian and of course Springdale? 

n at that point 21 years ago?

bleudog

October 11, 2012, 04:16:25 pm #531 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:28:32 am by bleudog
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 11, 2012, 03:41:20 pm
I don't remember the details of Gus Malzahn's career but wasn't 1991 well before his career at Shiloh Christian and of course Springdale? 

n at that point 21 years ago?

Playing career
1984–1985 Arkansas
1987–1989 Henderson State
Position(s) Wide receiver

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
1991                Hughes (AR) HS (DC)
1992–1995       Hughes (AR) HS
1996–2000       Shiloh Christian (AR) HS
2001–2005       Springdale (AR) HS
2006                Arkansas (OC/WR)
2007–2008       Tulsa (Co-OC/AHC/QB)
2009–2011       Auburn (OC/QB)
2012–present   Arkansas State

7AFBFAN

He interviewed at the end of his Hughes career and before Shiloh hired him. My point to the one guy from mansfield who was downing waldron admin was that it happens everywhere.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on October 12, 2012, 08:40:35 am
He interviewed at the end of his Hughes career and before Shiloh hired him. My point to the one guy from mansfield who was downing waldron admin was that it happens everywhere.
Well, maybe not everywhere but it does happen at a lot of places. It actually happened at Greenwood when they hired Harv Welch. Waldrons admin. over the years has been filled with some people who were not on board with athletics.

helmethair

He interviewed at Dequeen also and they passed Lol

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

Faith allows things to happen.  It is the power that comes from a fearless heart.  And when a fearless heart believes, miracles happen.

helmethair

7AFBFAN

Fbforlife99

Diehard I know more than you think I do evidentially if you were from here you would Suzanne Bailey was the old super and was the one who was hiring the coach.  She also refused to give coach Mays the time of day after an interview in which she implied they were really interested in him.  That is why he withdrew his application I would too if the person in charge was ignoring me.  Now as far as all the admin changes I love the interim super awesome guy if he wanted to stay and get things done but it doesn't and made that clear is first day.  There more problems than anybody on here could possible know going on with this program. 

For the other guys breaking down film is the key aspect to defeating a team.  Every coach does that but evidently our coach doesn't and just says running a triple option out of shotgun for every scenario.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Fbforlife99 on October 12, 2012, 09:08:56 pm
Diehard I know more than you think I do evidentially if you were from here you would Suzanne Bailey was the old super and was the one who was hiring the coach.  She also refused to give coach Mays the time of day after an interview in which she implied they were really interested in him.  That is why he withdrew his application I would too if the person in charge was ignoring me.  Now as far as all the admin changes I love the interim super awesome guy if he wanted to stay and get things done but it doesn't and made that clear is first day.  There more problems than anybody on here could possible know going on with this program. 

For the other guys breaking down film is the key aspect to defeating a team.  Every coach does that but evidently our coach doesn't and just says running a triple option out of shotgun for every scenario.

I would like you to explain to me how that if Waldron has over 4 fumbles every game running the triple option which involves catching a pitch, how do you think they are going to be able to switch to pass like you want and not fumble it?   Just curious?

Also, Mr. Evan's is a very intelligent man and true I heard he did make it clear as he does every school that he helps that it is only temporary.  I also know that maybe since it listed that New school board members are in place that perhaps things can continue to progress forward in the hiring of a Superintendent down at Waldron. 

I just don't see bailing ship on a new coach who has only been at Waldron what 6mnths?  seems a little premature in my opinion.

DogsWin7

October 12, 2012, 09:22:08 pm #541 Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 09:30:02 pm by DiehardFBfan
I'm not saying that there are not concerns from your stand point.  I don't like to see kid's continually get beat every game.  It is very disheartening.  I would want to see instant results, but you have to be understanding that Waldron's program from just the stat prospective alone is way down.

I am in no way criticizing Waldron, but rather was just merely trying to give support to the kid's and school hoping that possibly the hiring of a new coach might could at least establish a new system from the ground up and give the kid's basic fundamentals to improve upon.

Perhaps during the Spring, with weight lifting programs, studying of plays etc.  The Coach will reexamine what he has been running and come up with something totally different based upon the level of experience each kid has and in what position.  He might change it.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Just for the record...I have no problem with his coaching philosophy as far as running whatever offense he wants...my problem is with his attitude and his work ethic...mainly his arrogant attitude...

DogsWin7

Point taken.  Attitudes can always need adjustments....sometimes including our own. :)

helmethair

I think you could put Saban at Waldron and you wouldn't win.  Just never many athletes

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: helmethair on October 15, 2012, 10:32:48 am
I think you could put Saban at Waldron and you wouldn't win.  Just never many athletes
Maybe not, but they would be competitive...right now they just flat out suck...

Jalkuranis

My senior year they had pretty good athletes. Just lacked coaching. Once they got down every kid but about 2 or 3 gave up. Once comes to mind that sadly isn't with us anymore. He was one heck of a quarterback. Now I don't know about the athletes now.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Jalkuranis on October 16, 2012, 02:19:26 pm

My senior year they had pretty good athletes. Just lacked coaching. Once they got down every kid but about 2 or 3 gave up. Once comes to mind that sadly isn't with us anymore. He was one heck of a quarterback. Now I don't know about the athletes now.
Yep, they still have athletes Jalk...they have been lacking in the coching department for the last few years...and will be for the next few...

helmethair

Nobody in the school runs a sub 12.0 100 meter and they have athletes?

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: helmethair on October 23, 2012, 10:29:52 am
Nobody in the school runs a sub 12.0 100 meter and they have athletes?
Since when did just being fast make a kid an athlete?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas