• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Girls Get'n it done at the next level..

Started by wildcatdad, February 23, 2012, 02:37:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcatdad

With the start of the College season there are some local girl bringing home the bacon for their schools..

Chloe Brown-MSSU I have seen her play in a couple of games she still knocks the heck out of the  ball..

Maddie Roncketto leads a group of Arkansas girls at Tech that are doing great..
(and yes funsize I am fishing for complements on this one)

How about CBC, UAM and the others??

Mike Love

CBC-Jessie Bock is 5-0(Jacksonville)
       Kristen Kirchner (Bryant) had 3 dingers in one game
CBC is now 12-1

Mike Love

Got to several Arkansas girls yesterday, at CBC's tournament in Conway:
Callie Simmon's-Williams Baptist(NLR) got a hit in her 1st official college at bat
Lauren "Peanut" Sweeten-Williams Baptist (Sheridan) strong D at 3 positions
Hallie Horton-Williams Baptist(DeWitt)
Shelby Anderson-Williams Baptist(Mtn Home)
Laura Tucker--Williams Baptist(Beebe)
For CBC:
Kirchner(Bryant) went yard against Columbia, possibly the longest HR I have ever seen, in a crucial, game-winning situation
Bock(Jacksonville) unhittable nearly
Sheldon(NLR)(shut-out) looked really good
Manchester(Mtn Home) went yard, hits laser beams
Know I am leaving off some, but it was great to see so many girls play at this level after having seen them all grow up and umping them since most was in 8under
Boy, it sure makes you realize how time flies...and just how old you are

wildcatdad

What is the most a kid has been hit in a season? I only ask cause my kid looks like a blueberry on the left side?!!!

Funsize

Quote from: wildcatdad on February 23, 2012, 02:37:07 pm

Maddie Roncketto leads a group of Arkansas girls at Tech that are doing great..
(and yes funsize I am fishing for complements on this one)

Wildcatdad,
Brag on her all you want!  No Problem here.  If She is making an impact, I'm glad to hear it.  I haven't had the privilege of seeing Tech Play.  But, I'm always glad to hear about an Arkansas Girl doing Well.
Congrats to her, for her talent and hard work.

wildcatdad

No problem man..I would love to take credit for Miss Ronkcketto and her awesomeness...But my kid  is  Ashton Long .. Too early to tell of course but I think shes awesome..I try not to brag on here too much..

Birdfan

I think there's a girl from Benton playing for the
razorbacks.  Has anyone heard how she's doing?

mack

Quote from: wildcatdad on February 27, 2012, 03:15:09 pm
No problem man..I would love to take credit for Miss Ronkcketto and her awesomeness...But my kid  is  Ashton Long .. Too early to tell of course but I think shes awesome..I try not to brag on here too much..

Don't worry about that,,,, I'll be bragging on El Pepe Rojo enough for the both of us.  I already started a little bit on the Tech thread:-)

Yukon Cornelius

Kimmy Beasley from Foreman has been doing well for the Razorbacks.  On the first weekend she was named to the Baylor Getterman Classic All Tournament Team and named to the Collegesports360.com honor roll. 

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11656&SPID=686&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205380438

wildcatfanalltheway

http://www.ucasports.com/news/2012/2/28/SB_0228124826.aspx

TIFFANY ROBY NAMED SOUTHLAND CONFERENCE HITTER OF THE WEEK

I would say we need to give it up also for NLR's Tiffany Roby, freshman, UCA.   

Mike Love

;D CBC wins the NFCA-NAIA Lead-Off Classic title-goes 6-0 in the Gold Division
Jessica Bock(Jacksonville) Outstanding Pitcher
Jessica Sheldon(NLR) All-Tournament team
CBC now stands at 20-1 on the season

mack

Quote from: Mike Love on March 05, 2012, 07:26:53 am
;D CBC wins the NFCA-NAIA Lead-Off Classic title-goes 6-0 in the Gold Division
Jessica Bock(Jacksonville) Outstanding Pitcher
Jessica Sheldon(NLR) All-Tournament team
CBC now stands at 20-1 on the season

CBC may be the best team in the state, regardless of division.

Birdfan

mack

Birdfan

I got to laugh at all softball "know it alls" that place
a college team in high regards that obviously doesn't play
in one of the toughest conferences in the nation above one that does.
And then in the next breath says a 2A school can't possibly compete
with a 6/7A school.  CBC obviously is a very good team I have no doubt
about that.  I would pay good money to watch them in a series with Florida
or UCLA or Arizona.

Mike Love

;D I would just like to see them play a 3 game series, with every Arkansas school-
Ark Tech
Henderson
Monticello
Obu
UCA and the U of A

but I do see where the U of A is a little more successful than the norm, glad to see Beasley and Martindale gettin to play, and be successful

wildcatdad

"I would pay good money to watch them in a series with Florida
or UCLA or Arizona."

Could you expand on that statement please.. What would you pay  to see??

Birdfan

Take a look at the division I rankings(google it).
That's the type of competition that UA plays.  After you do that,
take a look at UA's remaining schedule.  There is no way
anyone that truely want to competed doesn't want to be there.

wildcatdad

I'm confused ???  Youd pay to see who play..  CBC or UofA

mack

Quote from: Birdfan on March 05, 2012, 01:55:52 pm
or UCLA or Arizona.

And that gladdens my heart that you can get a laugh.  Here's another one to help you keep that laugh going.  There is every possibility that CBC would fare as well as Arkansas in a Series with Florida, UCLA or Arizona.  Have you even kept up with the UA over the last couple of years?  Although they seem a bit better this year,  they haven't exactly been killing the SEC competition.  Pitching is the key, and Jessica Bock is just as good as anybody I've seen throw for Arkansas.

BTW, keep laughing.  In most cases 2A can't compete with the bigger schools.  And we all know the reasons why.  At least we "know it alls" do.

Birdfan

I keep up with plenty of UA softball. Watch it more than
most. I will give you this...  They miss on lots of girls(pitching in particular).
But to say CBC is better(maybe), sounds like sour grapes.
Plus if you want a good laugh, I have never thought that a 2A school was at the same
level of a larger school. I happen to think that larger schools make
smaller schools better.  We get all the girls that want to play instead of sitting
and watching.

mack

Quote from: Birdfan on March 05, 2012, 03:25:34 pm
most. I will give you this...  They miss on lots of girls(pitching in particular).
Plus if you want a good laugh, I have never thought that a 2A school was at the same
smaller schools better.  We get all the girls that want to play instead of sitting
and watching.

I'm not even a CBC fan, so no grapes being stomped here.  I am a fan of all UA sports.  I just haven't seen where Arkansas is flat out, undeniably, irrefutably the best in the state.  Not when you base it on their body of work the last few years.
I'm not saying that about CBC either.

Birdfan

Mike Love

;D Well, I am a CBC fan, and a dad, sort of, when she gets out of bball. But bigger than that, I am a fan of "Arkansas girls" getting to play at the next level. It is imho, that if, the U of A would recruit more Arkansas players, he would be having more success. And I am a "self-proclaimed" no-it-all when it comes to softball, having umped it since its inception in Arkansas(1999), had the pleasure to watch my alma-mater(Sheridan high)win the 1st state title for softball, and have kept up with most things softball since.  Right now, if CBC played U of A 5 times, they would at least 3, probably more. Bock is better than anyone on staff at Uof A, and I know their hitters are better.

Birdfan

Now that I know you opinion(mike), I care less about this topic than before.:)

Mike Love

;D Since you care so little, stop commenting on it, its about Arkansas girls gettin it done, on the next level, not birdbrains who care less, and know even less

Birdfan

I bet it's impossible for you not to respond back to this.

mack

Quote from: Birdfan on March 05, 2012, 09:04:59 pm
I bet it's impossible for you not to respond back to this.

Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh,,,,,, I can, I can.

You're irresistable.

BBRB

and watching.
Sorry for the delay...Just finally read thru this thread and can't keep from saying that "A" 2A team can DEFINITELY compete with and even dominate "A" large school including 7A....Even though, on a whole 7A teams are better.....It's not so cut and dry but I beleive that "A" small school in Conway with a roster full of D1 recruits can compete with "A" D1 school in Arkansas....Oh shoot...Any D1 in Arkansas...HA!

mack

Quote from: BBRB on March 06, 2012, 09:21:48 am
and watching.
Sorry for the delay...Just finally read thru this thread and can't keep from saying that "A" 2A team can DEFINITELY compete with and even dominate "A" large school including 7A....Even though, on a whole 7A teams are better.....It's not so cut and dry but I beleive that "A" small school in Conway with a roster full of D1 recruits can compete with "A" D1 school in Arkansas....Oh shoot...Any D1 in Arkansas...HA!

Absolutely, mon ami!  I have never said they could never compete with a 7A  team.  I've seen them do it from time to time.  They can have just as good athletes as a larger school, just not as many.  Usually, more good athletes trumps fewer good athletes.  Foreman, as good as they are has never won the NLR TOC, and they have been in it twice I think.  They were as good a small school as I ever saw.

Birdfan

I mean no disrespect by this at all because I know one of the girls that plays at CBC and think the world of her.But I have got to ask the question,  why did they choose CBC instead of going to a DI school?
Were they offered?

BBRB

Quote from: Birdfan on March 06, 2012, 01:50:55 pm
I mean no disrespect by this at all because I know one of the girls that plays at CBC and think the world of her.But I have got to ask the question,  why did they choose CBC instead of going to a DI school?
Were they offered?
Actually many were offered and some began their careers with D1 schools and didn't stay....Not necessarily by U of A...But a variety of places

mack

Quote from: BBRB on March 06, 2012, 02:16:07 pm
Quote from: Birdfan on March 06, 2012, 01:50:55 pm
Were they offered?
Actually many were offered and some began their careers with D1 schools and didn't stay....Not necessarily by U of A...But a variety of places

Yup.  Bock and Sheldon both played D1.

Mike Love

Okay Bird(brain)fan...let me spell it out for ya, lets take this S-L-O-W,
most Arkansas girls(players) are playing at their respective(smaller) schools, because it seems the bigger schools would rather recruit kids from the nether reaches(Texas and Oklahoma etc), because, in their opinion, a better class of player can be found in those places(pure b.s.). The thoughts and opinions of many sages on this board, mine included, is they are passing up real quality players from Arkansas, and giving those opportunities to kids from the nether reaches.I will give 2,that two, duece, etc, examples from the 2010 class. Shelby Jo Fenter(West Memphis)(Ar Tech) and Molly Edwards(NLR, Ar Tech). Undoubtably the cream of that years crop. Shelby jo was the "BEST" pitcher, and hitter, in our state that year. Molly was the "BEST" catcher. Bar None. The mighty U of A never contacted Shelby Jo. Why??????? Molly. Why?????? These were 2 kids whose dreams were of playing in a LadyBack uniform. Did you see the freshman Larabee put on the field last year? The product of "his" recruiting? Now, CBC is an NAIA powerhouse, wirth to the greatest extent, Arkansas kids. Williams Baptist is making a huge effort to recruit the best Arkansas kids he can get his hands on as well, and is having success doing it. Ranked #18 in latest poll. All CBC has done is run out to 20-1, has beaten Wb and #20 Columbia, and last fall, beat D-1 UCA and the vaunted Armstrong. Kuhn at Uca is recruiting Arkansas well. When Harding gets it going, and if ASU and UALR will ever get on board, maybe we can take college softball in Arkansas to a new level, in spite of nimrods. I would bet even odds on CBC that if they played the same schedule as U of A, at the end they would have a better record. JMO

BBRB

Quote from: Mike Love on March 06, 2012, 02:21:12 pm
Okay Bird(brain)fan...let me spell it out for ya, lets take this S-L-O-W,
most Arkansas girls(players) are playing at their respective(smaller) schools, because it seems the bigger schools would rather recruit kids from the nether reaches(Texas and Oklahoma etc), because, in their opinion, a better class of player can be found in those places(pure b.s.). The thoughts and opinions of many sages on this board, mine included, is they are passing up real quality players from Arkansas, and giving those opportunities to kids from the nether reaches.I will give 2,that two, duece, etc, examples from the 2010 class. Shelby Jo Fenter(West Memphis)(Ar Tech) and Molly Edwards(NLR, Ar Tech). Undoubtably the cream of that years crop. Shelby jo was the "BEST" pitcher, and hitter, in our state that year. Molly was the "BEST" catcher. Bar None. The mighty U of A never contacted Shelby Jo. Why??????? Molly. Why?????? These were 2 kids whose dreams were of playing in a LadyBack uniform. Did you see the freshman Larabee put on the field last year? The product of "his" recruiting? Now, CBC is an NAIA powerhouse, wirth to the greatest extent, Arkansas kids. Williams Baptist is making a huge effort to recruit the best Arkansas kids he can get his hands on as well, and is having success doing it. Ranked #18 in latest poll. All CBC has done is run out to 20-1, has beaten Wb and #20 Columbia, and last fall, beat D-1 UCA and the vaunted Armstrong. Kuhn at Uca is recruiting Arkansas well. When Harding gets it going, and if ASU and UALR will ever get on board, maybe we can take college softball in Arkansas to a new level, in spite of nimrods. I would bet even odds on CBC that if they played the same schedule as U of A, at the end they would have a better record. JMO
KNOW IT ALL!!  yOU HANG AROUND THE BALLPARK YEAR AROUND FOR 15 YEARS AND THINK YOU KOW SOMETHING???   You can't even count the 13 or so years that you umped because everybody knows UMPS never watch the game....HA!!

Birdfan

Ok mikey,  try doing this.  Scroll back to the very first comment that I made yesterday on this topic(you might have to use ur mouse for this so call for help if you need to.). I will leave it at this first comment, "we'll never know".

BBRB

or UCLA or Arizona.
This one is good too...A GREAT conversation piece....Thanks for the entertainment

ST

Mike Love

hitemgogetem

Roby had another good game w/UCA against Ole Miss...........Two run homer to give lead, and a walk off double to win it 6-5.......helping Armstrong to win her 6th start in a row.

Kudos to those AR girls.....

BBRB

Quote from: hitemgogetem on March 07, 2012, 02:09:22 pm
Roby had another good game w/UCA against Ole Miss...........Two run homer to give lead, and a walk off double to win it 6-5.......helping Armstrong to win her 6th start in a row.

Kudos to those AR girls.....

Mike Love

BBRB

Quote from: Mike Love on March 07, 2012, 02:46:26 pm
That is just awesome!!!!! ;D
FOR SURE!!  You think that is the same Ole Miss that Arkansas plays today?  WOW

yeahisaidthat

March 07, 2012, 03:10:54 pm #43 Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:31:11 pm by yeahisaidthat
 ;D

mack

or UCLA or Arizona.

Man,,, I love it when a plan comes together.

Birdfan, my friend.  Guess who just hammered the UA 13-0?  I'll give you a hint.  The same team that UCA beat last night.  Guess another thing.  Guess who has proven they can beat UCA.

I want to hear you say it,,,,,,,,,, repeat after me,,,,,

"CBC just might be the best team in the state."

Sincerely,
Mr. Know it all

Birdfan

Mike Love

;D for all you "birdfans" out there, excluding the "birdman":
2+2=________,see if ya can get this right

ST

Mike Love

Stattracker, er agh, ST has spoken. Notice the CBC Royal Blue...DD's CBC bball team lost at regionals in Denver, soon, :D :D :D ;D will be with softball team. And here's to ya ST :-*

birdman1981

Quote from: Mike Love on March 08, 2012, 07:09:46 am
;D for all you "birdfans" out there, excluding the "birdman":
2+2=________,see if ya can get this right

No fair.......I wanna play........5

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas