Arkansas High School Football > Class 4A Bulletin Board Material

Farmington @ Malvern, Semis

<< < (12/38) > >>

GLion Alum:

--- Quote from: BigMoose22 on November 29, 2011, 02:23:54 pm ---Glion- what are their postseason rankings now?

--- End quote ---

I haven't checked lately.  I know the rankings now will be close to how the playoffs are playing out, so that's why I stop checking them once the playoffs start.  It's called CYA time!  ;D

GLion Alum:
Earlier this week, Spotty posted an excellent fan's report re Malvern and asked for one from Farmington.  Once upon a time, Farmington had a great group of posters on Fearless Friday.  Then, one day, a three-way feud erupted on FF between Farmington, Prairie Grove and Shiloh Christian.  That feud stretched into a one-year war waged under the topic name "Farmington."  No prisoners were taken, and casualties, mainly banishments from FF, were high.   ;D  At the time, I called it a soap opera--"As the World Turns in Washington County."  ;D  Now, few Farmington posters remain.  Therefore, today I, a Gravette fan, will offer the ultimate humiliation for Farmington...I will give a Gravette fan's report on the Cardinals.   ???

I saw Farmington play only once this season--their seventh game of the season against Gravette.  The Lions went into that game as solid favorites but were upset, 28-20, after losing three fumbles and having three passes intercepted.  As a Gravette fan, I was so upset at the way my team was playing that I didn't really pay much attention to Farmington or how they were playing, but that's just as well since Farmington is a much different team today. 

Farmington's season can be divided into two parts--Pre-Gravette and Post-Gravette.  Before the Gravette game Farmington's calling card had read "defense."  After their first four games the Cardinals had allowed only 24 points...the least allowed by any 4A team in the state.  The week before the Gravette game Farmington's stud running back, Jared Martin, was injured.  Spencer Boudrey, who played both receiver and running back before Martin's was hurt, had a good game at running back in place of Martin at Gravette.

Deon Clay had played at Farmington his sophomore year but transferred to Fayetteville for his junior year where he started on defense at linebacker.  He transferred back to Farmington for his senior year.  As the season progressed, Farmington started playing Clay more on offense at quarterback, and the Cardinals started jelling and improving with each game.  Before the upset of Gravette, the Cardinals had been considered a fifth-place seed by most 1-4A fans.  With that win, suddenly Farmington was a player in the race for the conference title.  Their confidence soared, and they became a different team from the one that had played their first seven games.

Clay, receiver Dimitri Donovan, Martin, Boudrey and fullback Jonathan Sims are among several very good athletes on the Farmngton team and are versatile where they play on offense.  Defense has been a strength for the Cards all year. 

All year Farmington has been crying about their lack of size, but they've done a great job of overcoming that.  If I'm wrong about anything I've posted, someone from Farmngton please correct me.  If I'm right, please supplement what I've posted. 

GLion Alum:
Something I haven't seen on here that should be mentioned is that Farmington is coached by Mike Adams, who was head coach at Charleston and Fayetteville before taking over at Farmington.  Big games are nothing new to him.  I noticed a few things when Farmington played Gravette that made me appreciate his coaching.  That game, Farmington was fighting to stay alive in the conference race; the Cardinals had already lost to Prairie Grove and had Ozark and Shiloh still to play.  Although my Lions were very charitable that night, the Cardinals came to play and had a plan that worked.  I won't be shocked if we see that again Friday night.

THE D.O.C:
Malvern's football team throught the years have had some very talented atheletes that continue to go unnoticed with sports writers and coaches across this State. Devon Kirk 6' 3" 240lbs, Trey Broughton 6'2" 260 on defense are in their second year of football. These two kids presience on the field demand respect. Two key players on this team that changes how QB and RB game-plan because they stop the run and pass well. Some from Malvern throughout the years have made their names noticed.
Joe Hogan- UCA; Doug Williams-UCA; Ryan Smith-Rice Univ;Harold Harris- UA; Tony Ollison-UA Gady Ollision Jr.-UA(current) Butch Baker-UA; Ron Richardson-A-State;Keith Traylor-Cen.OK-NFL, Mark Traylor-LA Laff; Issac Davis-UA NFL, Madre Hill-UA NFL, Vincent Bradford-UA-NFL; James King-AR Monticello , Steven Clegg-UAPB, Robert Totley-UAPB

Spotty:

--- Quote from: THE D.O.C on November 30, 2011, 02:39:55 pm ---Malvern's football team throught the years have had some very talented atheletes that continue to go unnoticed with sports writers and coaches across this State. Devon Kirk 6' 3" 240lbs, Trey Broughton 6'2" 260 on defense are in their second year of football. These two kids presience on the field demand respect. Two key players on this team that changes how QB and RB game-plan because they stop the run and pass well. Some from Malvern throughout the years have made their names noticed.
Joe Hogan- UCA; Doug Williams-UCA; Ryan Smith-Rice Univ;Harold Harris- UA; Tony Ollison-UA Gady Ollision Jr.-UA(current) Butch Baker-UA; Ron Richardson-A-State;Keith Traylor-Cen.OK-NFL, Mark Traylor-LA Laff; Issac Davis-UA NFL, Madre Hill-UA NFL, Vincent Bradford-UA-NFL; James King-AR Monticello , Steven Clegg-UAPB, Robert Totley-UAPB

--- End quote ---

Gerald Skinner, UA and NFL; Shaun Mitchell UCA; J.R. Ross, UA; etc etc

Long list. Gerald Skinner is probably the three best high school playesr Malvern ever had. Top 3 players that made a difference at the high school level are Madre, Skinner, and Keith Traylor, and that isn't any particular.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version