Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Monday, December 22nd, 2014.
Happy Holiday's from Fearless Friday! It's a great time to let others know how much you appreciate them.
Congrats as well to Charleston for their State Title.
Congratulations to Junction City players, fans and staff on another state title.
Congratulations to the players, fans and staff of your 4A State Champions from Warren.
Congrats to the Pulaski Academy Bruin players, fans and coaching staff on their 5A state title.
Congrats to the Bentonville Tiger players, fans and coaching staff on their 7A state title.
FearlessFriday Congratulates 6A State Champion Pine Bluff

Author Topic: Wynne @ Batesville  (Read 5960 times)

Offline ADM

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
Re: Wynne @ Batesville
« Reply #100 on: October 14, 2011, 11:23:03 pm »
OK. Probably too early to be talking about the state. But they're beginning to show why they were the preseason favorite in the east. The defense has been playing well allowing just 20 points the past 3 games and the offense has been taking better care of the ball. Goodluck to both sides tho. The atmosphere will be electric. Can't wait!
  Really!!!  20 points the past 3 games......that's great.......until you look and see who it was against.....Forrest City, Paragould, and Nettleton. They are 2wins 14 losses and 2 ties between the 3 teams.  Plus if you look at your whole body of work for the year......you average giving up 28 points per game..........I know you are new to the site by your post count but you gotta do better than this .
if you look both the wins are nettleton why do they get lumped in with two win less schools

You got to be kidding me..... That's because that's all the raiders are going to win. Win a quality game and then come back with that question.
hey just a jacket fan nettleton won their game how did you do ;D ;D ;D

Offline justajacketfan

• 2nd String
  • Go Jackets Go The Delta Swarm
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2011, 12:30:35 am »
Just got home and what a game. A lot of mistakes but it's a learning curve. If y'all notice in all my post I never said wynne was going to win or did I ever give a score. I knew it would be a game to remember. So I guess as of right now the road to little rock has to go through greenwood for the yellowjackets. Good luck to Batesville for the remainder of the year. I will be an eagle, Chickasaw, and badger fan the next three weeks  :D

Hoghead

« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2011, 12:44:53 am »
Just got home and what a game. A lot of mistakes but it's a learning curve. If y'all notice in all my post I never said wynne was going to win or did I ever give a score. I knew it would be a game to remember. So I guess as of right now the road to little rock has to go through greenwood for the yellowjackets. Good luck to Batesville for the remainder of the year. I will be an eagle, Chickasaw, and badger fan the next three weeks  :D
Looks like Batesville, Blythville, Wynne and GCT out of the East.

Offline IYK_DA NATION

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2011, 12:55:14 am »
Looks like Batesville, Blythville, Wynne and GCT out of the East.
GCT is out got handled by Nettleton should b the badgers wit the 3 seed

Offline The_Pioneer

• All Star
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #104 on: October 15, 2011, 10:57:53 am »
Thread sure is quiet.

Offline Uncle Ivan

• Satan
  • Legend
    • ICE CREAMMMMMMMMMMMM
« Reply #105 on: October 15, 2011, 11:04:20 am »
Didn't get to see or hear the game - wonder why Wynne was flat?

Offline TTofGreenwood

• Assistant Coach
  • Keep Calm and Streak On.
« Reply #106 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:48 am »
Goodness gracious.... :o

Offline The_Pioneer

• All Star
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #107 on: October 15, 2011, 11:18:29 am »
Maybe they played a better, more physical team??  Nah.  They gave up 38 because we cheat better up on the hill. 

Offline Rampage72501

• 2nd String
  • Onward!
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2011, 11:25:46 am »
Didn't get to see or hear the game - wonder why Wynne was flat?

Wynne didn't help themselves with a lot of dropped passes.  The drops put them in 2nd and long and 3rd and long situations where the Pioneer D was able to pin their ears back and go after Wingo.  Batesville also had fantastic coverage most of the night.  I'd say about 7 or 8 of the 12 sacks were coverage sacks where Wingo didn't have any open receivers and the Wynne o-line just couldn't hold off the Pioneer front 5.

From my vantage point, I'm not sure Wynne was prepared for the physicality of the game.  Most of the running success for the Pioneers was simply running right at the defense.  The Pioneers D also brought the wood all night.

Offline 86jacketstchamps

• 2nd String
« Reply #109 on: October 15, 2011, 12:12:49 pm »
Maybe they played a better, more physical team??  Nah.  They gave up 38 because we cheat better up on the hill.

No one said anything about such, Ossis your team outplayed ours.  Instead of saying crap, why don't you get something done about the guest bleachers?   Why do they end at the 50?  Lol

Offline The_Pioneer

• All Star
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #110 on: October 15, 2011, 12:16:23 pm »
We're messin with your head.  We're very wily.

Offline justajacketfan

• 2nd String
« Reply #111 on: October 15, 2011, 12:20:00 pm »
someone answer me this.... How did wynne get an intentional grounding call when wingo was two steps from running out of bounce and when he threw the ball it went pass the line of scrimmage????? That is what you call throwing the ball away when there is no one open.

Offline The_Pioneer

• All Star
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2011, 12:40:32 pm »
That was a head scratcher.

Offline Rampage72501

• 2nd String
  • Onward!
« Reply #113 on: October 15, 2011, 12:57:55 pm »
Because the High School rules are different than those in College or the Pros.  Check out the Officals board.  There's a thread that breaks down the rule and how it's applied.

Offline PIONEERFAN

• Water Boy
« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2011, 01:00:34 pm »
someone answer me this.... How did wynne get an intentional grounding call when wingo was two steps from running out of bounce and when he threw the ball it went pass the line of scrimmage????? That is what you call throwing the ball away when there is no one open.

There is no such "Pocket Rule" in high school. Regardless of if the QB is out the pocket, the ball must be thrown in the direction of a WR. There was no eligible receiver in the area.

Hoghead

« Reply #115 on: October 16, 2011, 02:00:50 am »

No one said anything about such, Ossis your team outplayed ours.  Instead of saying crap, why don't you get something done about the guest bleachers?   Why do they end at the 50?  Lol
Translation. I'm upset with the Pioneer beat down of the Yellowjackets.  The visitors bleachers at Batesville has always been that way. See sentence number two.

Offline BHS

• 2nd String
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2011, 09:44:14 am »
How many yards did Childress finish with?

Offline Rampage72501

• 2nd String
  • Onward!
« Reply #117 on: October 16, 2011, 11:34:35 am »

Hoghead

« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2011, 02:18:48 am »
Oh my goodness !!!!!! for real ?

Offline Rampage72501

• 2nd String
  • Onward!
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2011, 07:22:27 am »
Yes, Hoghead, Jordan Childress had 324 yards rushing and 2 TD's.  Not sure how many carries.  That puts him over 1,200 yards through 7 weeks.

Offline The_Pioneer

• All Star
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2011, 08:40:18 am »
Wow, that's a surprising stat.  When was the last time a Wynne D gave up 300 yards to a RB?

Offline tmycjy

• Official FF 5A Predictions Expert
  • Assistant Coach
  • Go Wynne Yellow Jackets Go The Delta Swarm
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2011, 05:20:15 pm »
hey from a wynne fan im disapointed :( because all i herd from the wynne player is how they want to bring winning tredishtion back to wynne they had there shot and dont play well im not takeing anything way from batesville big win on Wynne i still think that if wynne would have played it would have been a close game

Offline justajacketfan

• 2nd String
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »
Wow, that's a surprising stat.  When was the last time a Wynne D gave up 300 yards to a RB?

we gave up almost 300 yards to tre franklin from marion in week one.

Offline pj72501

• Bench Warmer
  • Start of Football Season is my Christmas
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2011, 08:24:42 pm »
hey from a wynne fan im disapointed :( because all i herd from the wynne player is how they want to bring winning tredishtion back to wynne they had there shot and dont play well im not takeing anything way from batesville big win on Wynne i still think that if wynne would have played it would have been a close game

100% not being sarcastic by asking this but what does Wynne do normally that they didn't do Friday.  I was surprised too, so I am curious what happened.  Have respect for Wynne's program just wondering why they didn't play well in your opinion.

Offline deltafootball3

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2011, 10:08:00 pm »
Wynne finally had a challenge and look what happened...

Offline The_Pioneer

• All Star
  • Go Pioneers
« Reply #125 on: October 18, 2011, 11:00:41 am »

we gave up almost 300 yards to tre franklin from marion in week one.

Twice in one season?  To Wynne?

Offline Uncle Ivan

• Satan
  • Legend
    • ICE CREAMMMMMMMMMMMM
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2011, 01:46:09 pm »
They did seem to be improving against the run. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas

FearlessFriday.com Mascot Challenge