• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenbrier @ Harrison

Started by Go Postal, September 18, 2011, 04:58:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Conference season is finally here with the Greenbrier Panthers (3-0) vs the Harrison Golden Goblins (1-2) at Harrison.  The Panthers have finished 9-4 in '09 and 9-2 in '10.  The Goblins have finished 5-5 in both years.  The Goblins lost 35-7 at the "Brier Patch" in '10 and the Panthers were upset 35-20 at the Goblin Stadium in '09.
The Panthers have yet to win a game in the past few years at Harrison.  Will this be the year that they Claw the Goblins at home or will the Golden Goblins Bite down on the Panthers and pull another upset?

pantherblue

Awesome work my friend!!  I've been waiting on this just knowing you would come through!!

Now to the game. Their is no little postal playing this year and legend Tice is also gone. 

Greenbrier 35
Harrison    10

Elvis Hoggoblin

Those are not the goblin's helmets anymore

InYoGrill

Go Postal

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on September 19, 2011, 01:29:09 pm
Those are not the goblin's helmets anymore
I sent BillyJack a photo of the new helmet.  I will try to update future photos with the new emblem, but it will be a 2D helmet.

Go Postal

PB, True that little postal and Tice is gone, but there is talent still on the team and Coach Harbison is still molding that talent to his style, so you never know what can happen on any given Friday night.

pantherblue

Postal your work is awesome. Looking forward to meeting you Friday night my friend.

InYoGrill

September 21, 2011, 08:14:02 am #7 Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:40:58 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: Go Postal on September 20, 2011, 11:05:23 pm
PB, True that little postal and Tice is gone, but there is talent still on the team and Coach Harbison is still molding that talent to his style, so you never know what can happen on any given Friday night.

Nice work Postal! Good to see somebody other than the muttins have some graphic skillz.

Fighting Okra 4Life

Totally new uniforms.  Gone is the Vegas Gold piping jerseys with the gold pants and the Golden Goblin logo.  Going to miss the old fellow on the helmet.  But after all the changes this year in the college game things could be worse I guess. 

Do like the fact that they are placing merit decals on the helmets.  Always loved them but hated removing them after the season. 

Elvis Hoggoblin

InYoGrill

Are all the hobgobs and bluecats scared or tired?? Thought PB and Postal might try for FF dominance this week on the thread. Is it that H fears a brutal cat attack to hide in fear?

GB 52
H 6

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 21, 2011, 10:43:30 pm
Are all the hobgobs and bluecats scared or tired?? Thought PB and Postal might try for FF dominance this week on the thread. Is it that H fears a brutal cat attack to hide in fear?

GB 52
H 6

My bluecats have a couple of walking wounded this week....   I know others will step up and perform given the chance though.... 

Go Postal

pantherblue, IYG gave me a description of you, so that I can find you.  But I think that he overexaggerated.  LOL!  Do you want to meet before the game or at halftime at the flag by the Cash Center?  I'll PM you.

Dr.SwineSmeller

Greenbrier leads Harrison 35-0 at the half.  Burcham hit Scott Cavin for TD passes of 96 yards and 25 yards, and has around 300 yards passing in the first half.  Coach Tribble has benched the first team to start the second half.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Go Postal on September 22, 2011, 08:52:18 pm
pantherblue, IYG gave me a description of you, so that I can find you.  But I think that he overexaggerated.  LOL!  Do you want to meet before the game or at halftime at the flag by the Cash Center?  I'll PM you.

U da bomb Postal. Look for the guy wearing a blue very expensive golf shirt, one of those silly visors, and his shades even though its under the lights. Then you found him.  ;D

Go Postal

September 23, 2011, 10:13:14 pm #15 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 10:38:19 pm by Go Postal
I finally got to meet the famous pantherblue.  I went to my normal seat and texted him that I was there, he answered back and told me what he was wearing, I looked to my left and he was the guy sitting next to me. LOL.  I enjoyed talking with him though, I think maybe his fingers got tired texting the GB scores.
Burcham is a great QB, but I noticed that some of his receivers could have been better.  #2 for GB was a very fast runner when he got the ball.  All in all a great team.
Even though I saw inprovement and they had two of their best players not playing due to injuries, Harrison's young team needs to be more consistent on their drives and finish.  For instance the missed FG.  One step forward and two steps back.  But I noticed that they never gave up, on offense or defense because of the score.  They just need to get their assignments down and be more consistent on offense and defense.  All in all a team that could be great in the making.
Congrats to the GB Panthers on their win. Congratulations to the Lady Goblins on getting their Soccer Championship Rings tonight.

InYoGrill

Blue is quite the character. But his blood runs blue and he made the long trip even though his boy already graduated. I hear your JR high teams got the talent that is needed to restore the program.

pantherblue

Postal it was great meeting you and little postal as well. Enjoyed watching the game with you guys. Great crowd in Harrison and love the place. Tell the boys to keep their heads up. There will be netter Friday nights for them.

bigbluepantherfan

How about that Panther Defense last night!

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on September 23, 2011, 11:05:42 pm
Blue is quite the character. But his blood runs blue and he made the long trip even though his boy already graduated. I hear your JR high teams got the talent that is needed to restore the program.

How else can a guy get out of the house on a Friday night and stay gone for 5 or more hours?????  Bless Friday night football!!!!  hahaha

pantherblue

Dr.SwineSmeller:
Greenbrier leads Harrison 35-0 at the half.  Burcham hit Scott Cavin for TD passes of 96 yards and 25 yards, and has around 300 yards passing in the first half.  Coach Tribble has benched the first team to start the second half.

Burcham was good as usual last night and Cavin made some good catches. The player of the game though has to be Austin Fisher. He has been my biggest surprise this year and most consistent.  And then of course the whole defense. Those guys play hard every down!!

GHSPANTHER

I concur... Panther receivers have been key... but Fisher's running ability has definitely been the spark to the offense!!!  Burcham has a long list of receivers that have some good hands, Cavin, Fisher, Peters, Cone, Henderson, Oluokun, & Pitts.... they are all good, but without that offensive line... they are just guys on the field.  Great team on the offensive and defensive side of the ball!  PANTHERS have been impressive!  It's a team effort from a top ranked qb to the entire team... they are a "TEAM"
~    Can't say enough about all of them!!!   

Truthfully

Greenbrier has made a great turnaround in the way they play these past two years. Better fan support than in a long time. Good luck the rest of the year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas