• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to the 2011 STATE CHAMPIONS Conway Lady Cats!

Started by ConwaysONtop, May 27, 2011, 11:20:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Are the Lady Cats amazing or what?

How bout' them Lady Cats?
2 (40%)
Lady Cats best in state?
3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

ConwaysONtop

The Conway Lady Cats had a great season! Amazing season I must say. They went 22-0! And are now ranked nationally #22. 22 is just the number for the Lady Cats! Overall they are 39-1-2. What a GREAT record for the Lady Cats! The Lady Cats have All-State players named: Caitlyn Carroll midfield/forward, Ashley Johnson forward, Brooke Ballard forward and Julia Petit Mid-field. Congrats to the Lady Cats! They also have two players named to the all star game: Brooke Ballard & Britny Tomlin. All tournament team- Brittany Ashcraft, Julia Petit, Caitlyn Carroll, and Brooke Ballard! Great Job Ladies. All the hard practices and hard work finally paid off. Along with their GREAT coach Whitney Allison who has led the cats to an UNSTOPPABLE season.  :)

CatsBack

Conway has since moved up to #18...

18  Conway (Conway, Ark.)  22-0-0   

Season complete. Arkansas Class 7A state champion. Seldom does an Arkansas team warrant top 25 consideration, but then again, Conway is no ordinary squad. This year's team posted a perfect record, which included a comfortable victory over Bentonville in the state final. Julia Pettit, Caitlyn Carroll and Ashley Johnson scored in the 3-0 win. Conway, 39-1 over the last two years, allowed only six goals during the season. The 7A playoff bracket included Har-Ber, whose early-season showing in Oklahoma helps validate Conway, especially given how well Oklahoma teams fared at the Heart of America national tournament. Conway's Brooke Ballard was named to the Class 7A all-state team, along with Pettit, Carroll and Johnson. 

CatsBack

In the final ESPN Rise rankings, Conway gas moved up to #11.  Sad thing is that Conway beat the #9 team in a preseason tournament.

Sir Alex

Quote from: CatsBack on June 07, 2011, 02:34:12 pm
In the final ESPN Rise rankings, Conway gas moved up to #11.  Sad thing is that Conway beat the #9 team in a preseason tournament.

Take the rankings for what they are worth.  It is a honor for Conway. 

InYoGrill

Whitney Allison? Did she get hired recently like in the past couple years? Seems like I remember she went to the UofA and was a super player for the Lady Hogs?? I might be wrong.

PressBox-81

Quote from: InYoGrill on June 08, 2011, 06:58:41 pm
Whitney Allison? Did she get hired recently like in the past couple years? Seems like I remember she went to the UofA and was a super player for the Lady Hogs?? I might be wrong.

Yes IYG she played for Conway and then for the Lady Razorbacks.  Has been the coach of the girls team for the last two years and appears that she will be back for at least one more year.

Good coach and was a solid player for the Hogs.

CatsBack

More good news for the Conway Girl's soccer team:

- Named #19 in NSCAA National Rankings
- The additions of National Team member Alex Carter (Mid) in the Spring, along with her younger sister (who is a Regional ODP player and will be a Freshman)

LRfan

I agree that the Conway girls will be the pre-season favorite to win the 7A Girls state championsip. The fact that they got better is scary. However, strange things happen in the state tournament. The best team doesn't always win.  Remember back to 2009 when the Conway boys had a dominant team that crushed their competition in the regular season, but ended up losing to Catholic in kicks after a 0-0 score for regulation and OTs in the championship game on a rainy night.

Quote from: CatsBack on July 25, 2011, 08:57:15 am
More good news for the Conway Girl's soccer team:

- Named #19 in NSCAA National Rankings
- The additions of National Team member Alex Carter (Mid) in the Spring, along with her younger sister (who is a Regional ODP player and will be a Freshman)

CatsBack

So true LRFan, anything is possible and the State Tournament always has its surprises.

I also understand that it's not just the players on the field that impact the game.  Coaching is a very critical component, and you either have it or you don't.  In tight games, coaching will always make a big difference. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas