• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So this year is the year that

Started by trevster10, May 08, 2011, 06:04:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

trevster10

A team from the Central wins it.

I can't reveal my sources, but I can assure that there will be at least one team from the Central that surprises some folks this year.

That's all for now.

Earl is my Hero!!

I will cover the first $1,000 in $100 wagers on that bet. Bait will cover the next $1,000.

Any takers from the Central?

Brian G

Is this about Van Buren?  No way they have a chance.   ;)

trevster10

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on May 08, 2011, 06:15:28 pm
I will cover the first $1,000 in $100 wagers on that bet. Bait will cover the next $1,000.

Any takers from the Central?

As soon as I learn a little more from this source of mine, I'll probably taking you up on that.

No way the West has a chance this year.

trevster10

Quote from: B.G. on May 08, 2011, 06:15:48 pm
Is this about Van Buren?  No way they have a chance.   ;)

No, not about Van Buren.

Their football coach did just become our A.D. though. I'm not gonna rule out that that may be a clue.

gatecrasher

Trevester, I didn't know you to do dope man...I'm shocked. Didn't picture you as that kind of dude...;D

It's Bentonville's title to lose.

trevster10

Quote from: gatecrasher on May 08, 2011, 08:17:56 pm
Trevester, I didn't know you to do dope man...I'm shocked. Didn't picture you as that kind of dude...;D

It's Bentonville's title to lose.

I don't do dope, I'm just stating the obvious here. In a short amount of time, everyone else will see what I'm talking about. Just don't give the trophy to Bentonville yet, you may be surprised..

RD™

You must be referring to the kid from Conway that is being used as a secret weapon.

trevster10

Quote from: PC™ on May 08, 2011, 09:46:39 pm
You must be referring to the kid from Conway that is being used as a secret weapon.

I'm not going to rule that one out.

InYoGrill

Kid from Conway, say what? Who dat be RD???

Brian G

I think I saw this thread in 2010, 2009, 2008......

trevster10

Quote from: B.G. on May 08, 2011, 10:03:17 pm

Yeah, I can't vouch for '09 or '08, but I can tell you that last year we were coming on strong and you know it.

Bentonville got lucky in getting past Bryant. Those refs would not give a single call to us, and after they single-handedly got us 14 points down, our guys were too down to be able to mount the comeback. You know what should have happened that night.

Even NLR, the Central's #5 seed just about knocked off the state runner-up. And I don't even wanna talk about Conway. They had one off-night all year long and it just so happened to be during the playoffs at Har-Ber. You can't base a season off of one game.

The proof is in the pudding, it's just a matter of time before everyone sees the truth.

Brian G

I'm beginning to understand your Wonderlic.

Baitshop

"The Central wins it this year...."

That is rich.....silly....but still rich....

You boys go down and visit with your bankers this week and let me know how much you can afford to lose....I'll take all you got....

* a Central conference team wins the Championship....whew, what are the smokin' down there..??..?? "*

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: trevster10 on May 08, 2011, 10:41:43 pm
Bentonville got lucky in getting past Bryant.

Wow. You sat next to me at that game. To think you were hittin' that crack pipe the whole game and I never knew it...

trevster10

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on May 08, 2011, 11:09:47 pm

Wow. You sat next to me at that game. To think you were hittin' that crack pipe the whole game and I never knew it...

I wasn't doing drungs then, and I'm not doing them now.

It really is obvious, I am just putting 2 and 2 together. It may even be an all Central final this year. Somebody's going undefeated this year, and it's not a team from the West..

Smithian

Quote from: trevster10 on May 08, 2011, 11:30:58 pm
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on May 08, 2011, 11:09:47 pm

I wasn't doing drungs then, and I'm not doing them now.

It really is obvious, I am just putting 2 and 2 together. It may even be an all Central final this year. Somebody's going undefeated this year, and it's not a team from the West..
Dude. No.

fastdrop

I like the way Trevster thinks. I may have to pony up on his side of this deal. Trev I am sure we can get 1,000 to 1 odds.

Billyo62

The 7A Central Plays Football...Really ?.. I must have been out of town when that newsflash was released... ::)

trevster10

Quote from: Billyo62 on May 09, 2011, 06:59:11 am
The 7A Central Plays Football...Really ?.. I must have been out of town when that newsflash was released... ::)

Always have played.

I mean, heck. In '09, we had Southside down 24-7 at the half. That same Southside team went on to beat #1 seeded Bentonville.

If that doesn't prove that a number of teams from the Central are a force to be reckoned with, then I don't know what does.

And this past season, we spanked that same Springdale team that beat the dog mess out of Southside, a team that was one hail mary short of getting back to the championship game once again.

I'm just saying..

trevster10

Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2011, 06:37:01 am
I like the way Trevster thinks. I may have to pony up on his side of this deal. Trev I am sure we can get 1,000 to 1 odds.

At least somebody around here sees the light.

fastdrop

Quote from: trevster10 on May 09, 2011, 07:23:18 am

WM lost nobody from last years squad... I feel a run this year.

Billyo62

Quote from: trevster10 on May 09, 2011, 07:22:44 am
Quote from: Billyo62 on May 09, 2011, 06:59:11 am

Always have played.

I mean, heck. In '09, we had Southside down 24-7 at the half. That same Southside team went on to beat #1 seeded Bentonville.

If that doesn't prove that a number of teams from the Central are a force to be reckoned with, then I don't know what does.

And this past season, we spanked that same Springdale team that beat the dog mess out of Southside, a team that was one hail mary short of getting back to the championship game once again.

I'm just saying..

So you guys can play 2 quarters of football ? Awesome!  ;D

Brian G

Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2011, 07:31:21 am
Quote from: trevster10 on May 09, 2011, 07:23:18 am

WM lost nobody from last years squad... I feel a run this year.

But did they have somebody to begin with?

mack

Quote from: trevster10 on May 08, 2011, 06:04:49 pm

I can't reveal my sources, but I can assure that there will be at least one team from the Central that surprises some folks this year.

That's all for now.

Enlighten us Trev.  I'm figuring Conway, you guys and us [not necessarily in that order] in the Central.   I am not jumpin' on the bandwagon until I see how NLR fares with mighty Bentonville [at NLR this year].  They totally embarassed us last year at their place.  I'm sure they feel they will do the same this year.  That should be a pretty good barometer.

Scorp

Quote from: trevster10 on May 08, 2011, 09:53:23 pm

I'm not going to rule that one out.

So they're gonna fly Hillis in on Friday nights??

DEBO64ETOWN

Aight Trev I'll go in with Fastdrop and yourself.......whew :o, how much can you cover Bait?

ricepig

I'll take a $100 if I can get 10:1 odds, how about it?

BlueDevilNow

Hey i know my son and i are New to  the Blue Devils but I will take some of that action !!

fastdrop

Just to let you know since you are new to the board.... The west thinks Arkansas football ends about 20 miles from the Oklahoma border in NWA.

Go get em.... Glad to have some back up.

True Believer

Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2011, 01:58:22 pm
Just to let you know since you are new to the board.... The west thinks Arkansas football ends about 20 miles from the Oklahoma border in NWA.

Don't let them eat him up on here.  But hey.   I'm just an average poster......

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on May 09, 2011, 02:13:53 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2011, 01:58:22 pm

Don't let them eat him up on here.  But hey.   I'm just an average poster......
and nobody can understand what I post. They must have their computers set to translate in CHinese.

Brian G

True Believer

According to the Wonderlic, I'm not even going to ask where that name came from, we are too dumb to translate.  :)

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: B.G. on May 08, 2011, 10:03:17 pm

Yeah, I can't vouch for '09 or '08, but I can tell you that last year we were coming on strong and you know it.

Bentonville got lucky in getting past Bryant. Those refs would not give a single call to us, and after they single-handedly got us 14 points down, our guys were too down to be able to mount the comeback. You know what should have happened that night.

Even NLR, the Central's #5 seed just about knocked off the state runner-up. And I don't even wanna talk about Conway. They had one off-night all year long and it just so happened to be during the playoffs at Har-Ber. You can't base a season off of one game.

The proof is in the pudding, it's just a matter of time before everyone sees the truth.
I don't know what kind of Kool-Aid you've been drinking over in Bryant, but that flavor needs to be seriously outlawed.
First of all, Bentonville dominated that game. Bryant couldn't get 200 yards total offense, and most of it came after Bentonville had taken its starters out of the contest. Even the Bryant coach admitted to his team (I was in earshot and heard this myself) that he underestimated Bentonville.
Secondly, don't know where you got this 14 points down bit ... Bentonville led 17-0 after one quarter, and the scoring was TD, FG, TD.

gatecrasher

Trevester, the odds are much bigger on us whipping Har-Ber at home than a Central team winning the 7A title.

It's like this in the top 2 classes: West rules 7A, South rules 6A. It's just the way it is...

spurrr

Trev
There was a reason Conway had an off night. Their stud DT was manhandled as was the rest of their Dline.  Harber had as many sack that night as they had the rest of the year combined. I was there.

Brian G

I guess late Spring should be renamed "delusional onset month" on Fearless.  It's always the month when the losers forget recent history and look forward without remembering their own prior year posting.

Misplaced optimism comes from that selective memory.

Scorp

Quote from: gatecrasher on May 09, 2011, 04:23:37 pm
Trevester, the odds are much bigger on us whipping Har-Ber at home than a Central team winning the 7A title.

Now granted.... based on past performances the Centrals odds aren't that good..... but I'd still say they're a whole lot better odds than a rebuilding ELdo "whipping" Har-Ber. 

gatecrasher

Define "rebuilding."

And a win would be a win no matter how it came about.

Baitshop

In the interest of full disclosure, I am posting a photo of the Rebel blue Lamborgini Murcielago that I am going to buy with the windfall of cash that I am going to gleen from you suckers in the 7A Central that think that you can win the "Big Boy" Championship....

Additionally, I will be putting a set of one-off Foose wheels on my new Lambo courtesy of the money that I am gonna take from Gate because he believes that location made a difference in the final score with HarBer last year....

And finally, as a reminder, I only take cash....(lord knows, I can't trust you yahoo's to have a checking account that has money in it....)

trevster10

Good grief, guys.

That was easier than I thought. ;)

I thought I was going to have to work a lot harder to get a rise out of everybody. We're not even to summer yet. 8)

True Believer

We are bored and really need football season to start.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long summer. 

trevster10

Quote from: mack on May 09, 2011, 08:31:34 am
Quote from: trevster10 on May 08, 2011, 06:04:49 pm

That's all for now.

Enlighten us Trev.  I'm figuring Conway, you guys and us [not necessarily in that order] in the Central.   I am not jumpin' on the bandwagon until I see how NLR fares with mighty Bentonville [at NLR this year].  They totally embarassed us last year at their place.  I'm sure they feel they will do the same this year.  That should be a pretty good barometer.

Eh. I'll hold my opinion until it gets closer to time for the season to start.

But, you're right. I'd expect it to be NLR, Bryant, Conway, and Cabot towards the top, just as always. Central will be better, but not good enough to compete yet. The rebuilding Van Buren was doing may all go for not, as they just lost their head coach. Not sure on Russellville or Catholic quite yet.

Like it really matters. If Bentonville doesn't go 13-0, and win the championship, I may die from shock.

fastdrop

I am waiting for odds...

odds that the Central will win it all...

odds that the Central makes it to the finals...

odds that the Central makes it to the semi's...

Come on my western brethern .... lay them out so I know where to place my chips.

trevster10

Quote from: fastdrop on May 09, 2011, 09:19:35 pm
I am waiting for odds...

Come on my western brethern .... lay them out so I know where to place my chips.

All-in.

fastdrop

Quote from: trevster10 on May 09, 2011, 09:21:14 pm
I am waiting for odds...

Come on my western brethren .... lay them out so I know where to place my chips.

All in.
Trev...not so fast. patience young man - the better the odds the more Ham and Cheese Omelets we can eat off of Baitshop.

Brian G

I am waiting for odds...

I'll play oddsmaker without purchasing a ticket.

A single Central team:

Wins State Championship  12:1
Makes State Final  6:1
Makes State Semi's 2:1

trevster10

Quote from: B.G. on May 09, 2011, 09:51:20 pm
I am waiting for odds...

I'll play oddsmaker without purchasing a ticket.

A single Central team:

Wins State Championship  12:1
Makes State Final  6:1
Makes State Semi's 2:1

I should wait for the line to fluctuate in my favor, right?

Brian G

As far as The Oddsmaker goes, it won't change prior to season starting. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas