• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roster for Arkansas Wings 2011?

Started by Central AR, April 04, 2011, 09:46:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Central AR

5A has two players that I know of, Archie Goodwin and Henson. Is there anybody else from 5A or does anyone know the complete roster?

blue4hire

I heard RC on drive time and he said the point gaurd from North P.  Is that Henson or someone else?

Central AR

Quote from: blue4hire on April 05, 2011, 01:18:09 pm
I heard RC on drive time and he said the point gaurd from North P.  Is that Henson or someone else?
Payton Henson plays for Siliom, but the kid your talking about is pretty good. Seen him play couple of times, but the only people I know that are on the team is Archie Goodwin(Sylvian Hills) Jalen Jackson(West Memphis), and Payton Henson (Siliom Springs). Jalen and Archie have played on the wings for a while now, but this is Henson first year with the team. Hes a 6'7 center.

PantherBBall_2010

April 05, 2011, 07:42:29 pm #3 Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:45:34 pm by PantherBBall_2010
Henson was a part of the 15's team that finished in the top 16 last year and try 6'7" SF. The North Pulaski guard you're talking about is Dayshawn Watkins.

Central AR

Quote from: PantherBBall_2010 on April 05, 2011, 07:42:29 pm
Henson was a part of the 15's team that finished in the top 16 last year and try 6'7" SF. The North Pulaski guard you're talking about is Dayshawn Watkins.
He was listed as Silioms center last season and I saw him play and he was in the paint on every play unless he went to screen the ball

PantherBBall_2010

Yeah, I've seen him play a few games myself. He plays small forward.

Central AR

Quote from: PantherBBall_2010 on April 05, 2011, 08:21:33 pm
Yeah, I've seen him play a few games myself. He plays small forward.
Okay well go up to there coach whenever you see him and tell him to change the roster position out and also tell the announcer at the table when he introduces the players and also tell Henson to get his butt out of the paint 90% of time if he plays small foward.

WooPig

I would guess that most 6-7 guys in high school if they are the biggest kid on their team would be considered a "Center" but I promise you that Payton Henson is not a center. Yes he does play inside some but he also plays outside a lot.

In the end you can call him whatever you want but his game is that of a Forward. He can post up, hit a 3, hit a runner, or drive to the basket. Not the game of a typical Center.

blue4hire

I'm almost 100% sure that when asked on the radio he said "if we had to play tomorrow the starting 5 would be......." and he said the kid's name and that he was the point at NP.  I know he wasn't talking about Patton.

TTofGreenwood

What team does Burcham play for?  I thought he was the greatest AAU player in the world? ??? ::)

Central AR

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on April 06, 2011, 02:53:13 pm
What team does Burcham play for?  I thought he was the greatest AAU player in the world? ??? ::)
Burcham aint good enough to play for wings

rjrose

Quote from: Central AR on April 06, 2011, 10:13:35 pm
First of all, he can play for the Wings are any other team in the state.  He chooses to concentrate this summer on football.  He has played for me since the 6th grade and with Scotty Thurman.  During that time we were AAU State Champions once and runner-up 3 times.  Last year they didn't make the finals but we moved and Burcham didn't play so they were minus 2 players and still almost beat the Wings.  BTW, all 4 finals we played against the Hawks not the Wings in the finals.  I can assure you that the Wings would take him if he would play.
Secondly, DaShawn Watkins is the kid from NP and he is a 10th grader.  Unless it has changed this year he does not start for the 17 Wings.  He plays up with them but he startfor the 16 Wings.  He is a good player.  Also, I know in this state we are obsessed with the Wings and they are a good program.  But there are lots of guys doing a good job with less talent.  You should win every year if you have the Archies of the state on your team every year.  Scotty Thurman won with kids that played hard for him.  Most of those kids won't sign DI scholarships except in football but they knew ho to play the game.  Support and talk about all the teams and kids is what i try to do even if they don't play for me.  Help them get scholarships is what it is all about.  Not a program or a coach but the kids.  Hope this answered some questions.

ACE DUECE

The kid from NP is not Watkins it was #4 I think this year.  Really strong guard and very athletic.  The starters will be Archie, Dusty Hanahs, SF from Strong-Huttig , probably Henson and Jalen is a question mark with his work ethic and attitude.  Talent out of this world but his other issues may overshadow his talent.

Viking01

RJROSE....Do you guys play AAU..if so who are you playing with this year. What other teams are out there. I would like to follow some AAU ball this year but it is hard to find any info on any of the teams.

rjrose

I also forgot that Henson from Siloam is a 10th grader so he will play for the 16's and they may play him up some on the 17"s but that team has been set for a few years.  That is correct i forgot that Dashawn didn't start for NP this year.

rjrose

Quote from: Viking01 on April 07, 2011, 12:00:32 pm
RJROSE....Do you guys play AAU..if so who are you playing with this year. What other teams are out there. I would like to follow some AAU ball this year but it is hard to find any info on any of the teams.
Yes we do.  We have been the Arkansas All Stars the last few years but since we moved back north the travel to Little Rock is killer.  We are going to play with the Arkansas Elite this year.  I usually coach a team but will help with this one and have a school team that will play MAYB but not AAU.  We may also play on a 16's team but not sure.  My son usually plays up every year even though we held him back a few years ago.  (Please dont' start that conversation again)  LOL!  He usually picks up with a team for nationals and stuff in his division but may not this year.
There are some good programs out there that are competitive.  On of my favorites is the Warriors out of East Arkansas.   They have won DII state for like 5 years in a row and always compete well in DI state.  I think they finished in the Top 5 in the country last year.  You can go to AAU website and pull up the power rankings and find out.  I think the Wings are ranked #2 in DI this year.  We were ranked in Top 30 last year but aren't ranked this year because we didn't play in nationals last year.  There are several others.  Arkansas 76's, Mustangs, Team Arkansas, Lakers, Bears, etc.  Can;t think of anymore right now.  AAU state for each age group has started and will go through May.  You can find that on the Arkansas AAU website.  Players in arkansas are getting better.  Right now in 17's I would say the Wings, Hawks, and then i am not sure.  Hoefully us.  We'll see.

Central AR

Quote from: rjrose on April 07, 2011, 09:16:54 am
Quote from: Central AR on April 06, 2011, 10:13:35 pm
First of all, he can play for the Wings are any other team in the state.  He chooses to concentrate this summer on football.  He has played for me since the 6th grade and with Scotty Thurman.  During that time we were AAU State Champions once and runner-up 3 times.  Last year they didn't make the finals but we moved and Burcham didn't play so they were minus 2 players and still almost beat the Wings.  BTW, all 4 finals we played against the Hawks not the Wings in the finals.  I can assure you that the Wings would take him if he would play.
Secondly, DaShawn Watkins is the kid from NP and he is a 10th grader.  Unless it has changed this year he does not start for the 17 Wings.  He plays up with them but he startfor the 16 Wings.  He is a good player.  Also, I know in this state we are obsessed with the Wings and they are a good program.  But there are lots of guys doing a good job with less talent.  You should win every year if you have the Archies of the state on your team every year.  Scotty Thurman won with kids that played hard for him.  Most of those kids won't sign DI scholarships except in football but they knew ho to play the game.  Support and talk about all the teams and kids is what i try to do even if they don't play for me.  Help them get scholarships is what it is all about.  Not a program or a coach but the kids.  Hope this answered some questions.
Lol you know i was joking right? Burcham is gonna be playing D1 football next year for pretty much any team he wants to and he is getting recruited by Bama, Arkansas, Boise St, and other top schools, but I know he do't have much time playing both sports hard in the summer because hes concentrating on football

TTofGreenwood

Did u say Arkansas was recruiting him?  For football????  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Central AR

Quote from: TTofgreenwood on April 07, 2011, 05:27:18 pm
Did u say Arkansas was recruiting him?  For football????  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Yeah Neal is suspected to be a 4 star quarterback next year

TTofGreenwood

Central AR

TTofGreenwood

No.  But I know what EXpected means.... ::)

Viking01

Here is a good link to follow the Wings in the Nike Tournament. Has game scores and stats as well.

http://www.nikeeliteyouthbasketballleague.com/schedules-results/session-1-hampton-va/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas