• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early 2A Softball Predictions

Started by Cee.Cee12, February 04, 2011, 03:43:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cee.Cee12

What are your predictions for 2A this year?

attaboy

4 2A west County Line should finish 1 or 2
4 2A east I pick Magazine but I'll admit I've never seen all the new comers to the east. I have no idea about the rest of 2A. However am willing to  bet Foreman will be the team to beat!

cotterdad

2a-2 should be interesting...... Salem, cotter, and Cedar Ridge should be in top spots but not sure about new teams in conference,  Pangburn, Quitman, WCC, Bradford are all new to our conference.

Cee.Cee12

I think that Junction City and Dierks both may be out for blood in the south.

BIG_K

Cee.Cee12

As far as I know, they're returning all 9 starters this year.

BIG_K

including a 3 year starter on the mound. may be a rematch with foreman in state.

Tommy TIGER

They use a mound in 2A? Must be why they can pitch the ball at 60mph

Valleysports

February 15, 2011, 05:53:44 am #8 Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:17:11 am by Valleysports
Got to pick me out a 2A Team!  Can anyone recommend one that could take out Bentonville?  I know there are probably several (not that challenging), but I should go with a team in the River Valley if possible.

Tommy TIGER

BBRB

Quote from: Tommy TIGER on February 14, 2011, 07:22:35 pm
They use a mound in 2A? Must be why they can pitch the ball at 60mph
Good Shot!!

BIG_K

Tommy TIGER

Tommy TIGER

BIG_K

v8

heard bradford has everyone back on a team that made it to the state tourny last year.
a friend of mine said cedar ridge is looking to have a good year also, dont know anything
on the other teams in 2a 2 conf

NEASPORTSFAN

Pangburn started 6 freshman last year and return 7 starters from a team that lost to Arkansas baptist, the 3a state champion in regionals. Pangburn won 19 games last year. They could be pretty salty. But there are no bad eggs in this conference. Every game will be a battle.

Tommy TIGER

cuz

Junction City returns everyone and seems to be playing a lot better and more in sync with the 2nd year coach than last year. Some starters are playing B-ball right now but should be ready before any district play. Look for JC to make a good showing.............

BIG_K

NEASPORTSFAN

I hope you are right tommy, but I saw many teams from this district last year and it will be difficult to get wins. There is surprisingly good pitching in this league. I know cotter has 3 solid pitchers, quitman has a good one, cedar ridge is always pretty good, bradford has a veteran team, and Salem has been traditionally tough. This is a tough 2a conference. The top 3 in this district will surely advance to state, if not all four like last year where they swept and outscored the other district in the region 26-1. We are still very young. Going to have to grow up fast to compete for the title. Thanks for the confidence though.

NEASPORTSFAN

February 22, 2011, 10:33:43 pm #21 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 10:37:09 pm by phstiger
Good luck to all teams. Go lady tigers!

Tommy TIGER

Quote from: phstiger on February 22, 2011, 10:32:42 pm
I hope you are right tommy, but I saw many teams from this district last year and it will be difficult to get wins. There is surprisingly good pitching in this league. I know cotter has 3 solid pitchers, quitman has a good one, cedar ridge is always pretty good, bradford has a veteran team, and Salem has been traditionally tough. This is a tough 2a conference. The top 3 in this district will surely advance to state, if not all four like last year where they swept and outscored the other district in the region 26-1. We are still very young. Going to have to grow up fast to compete for the title. Thanks for the confidence though.

Are there some summer teams coming out of the area? I have heard that there were some teams over there that have great players

NEASPORTSFAN

There are some teams, most of them are younger though. Play will improve in the future.

paraloma

As long as Foreman still has Beastley, they are the one to beat.  ;)

Turtle90

February 25, 2011, 03:32:04 pm #25 Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 01:00:14 am by Turtle90
Quote from: Tommy TIGER on February 23, 2011, 06:26:38 am
Quote from: phstiger on February 22, 2011, 10:32:42 pm

Are there some summer teams coming out of the area? I have heard that there were some teams over there that have great players
Yes 2A-2 did sweep 2A-3 last year!! See that Melbourne moved to 3A and Midland moved to 1A and Walnut Ridge was moved to the 2A-3 but from what ive read Pangburn and Bradford move in will help this conference to dominate.
Think Marmaduke and Walnut Ridge will be pretty good with returning starters and freshmen that played lots of summer ball. BIC, EPC, Marked Tree, Duke, WR all lost pitchers. Should be interesting. Freshmen? 2A-3 looks to be young. Thinking WR or Duke for 1st with Rector possible spoiler, then Riverside, Marked Tree, BIC, Epc, Maynard and CC.
Will need to be lucky to get one regional win in the 2A-3, After seeing some of these teams play it seems most don't have pitching except top 4

marybfan

Quote from: cuz on February 21, 2011, 07:29:48 am
Junction City returns everyone and seems to be playing a lot better and more in sync with the 2nd year coach than last year. Some starters are playing B-ball right now but should be ready before any district play. Look for JC to make a good showing.............
[/quote

Yes I agree CUZ. They did good yesterday. But our first baseman and right fielder wasn't there. But all n all they still showed a good performance. GO JC LADY DRAGONS.

cuz

Quote from: paraloma on February 24, 2011, 11:38:17 am
As long as Foreman still has Beastley, they are the one to beat.  ;)
As long as Foreman has Kimmie Beasley they will be tough. Junction City can beat them and did last year. JC has some pitching and a stellar defense. I also think their sticks will be better this year................

cuz

Quote from: marybfan on February 27, 2011, 12:58:20 pm
[/quote

Yes I agree CUZ. They did good yesterday. But our first baseman and right fielder wasn't there. But all n all they still showed a good performance. GO JC LADY DRAGONS.
Yeah MBF sounded like they did pretty good, was tied up and unable to attend but got all the first hand info. and liked what I heard...........

bleudog

Sunday News articles on JC, PC and Norphlet:

CLICK HERE (then scroll down page)

cuz

JC blanks Taylor 10-0 in 5 innings. Great pitching , defense, and strong bats led to a good victory to start the Lady Dragons season...........

Basketballfan13

Quote from: cuz on March 01, 2011, 07:08:15 am
JC blanks Taylor 10-0 in 5 innings. Great pitching , defense, and strong bats led to a good victory to start the Lady Dragons season...........
How does Taylor look compared to last year? I know last year they made a small run in state for 1A.

cuz

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 01, 2011, 07:29:23 am
Quote from: cuz on March 01, 2011, 07:08:15 am
How does Taylor look compared to last year? I know last year they made a small run in state for 1A.
Taylor was not the team of last year. They are well coached and play good ball together. Looks to me like they lost most of the outfield as they weren't catching as many fly balls as last year. They do have a excellent pitcher and catcher who look very much is sync...........

krjones

Bigelow Girls will shock a lot of teams 1or2 sr. on this team most of the time would be a weakness not for them soph. flood the line up with freshmen surprise added in! Went to state last year and really lost nothing off that team. They have added some power on the mound. Half the team is still playing BB in state and I think they play softball even better! 8)

dragon

Anyone got JC softball schedule?

marybfan

March 05, 2011, 09:19:46 am #35 Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 09:23:50 am by marybfan
Quote from: dragon on March 05, 2011, 04:12:18 am

GO to the junction city website and u can see it there.

Click here:www.junctioncity.k12.ar.us/

bleudog

Quote from: marybfan on March 05, 2011, 09:19:46 am

Please allow me to make that a tad bit easier for folks.

CLICK HERE

marybfan

Quote from: bleudog on March 05, 2011, 09:31:07 am
Quote from: marybfan on March 05, 2011, 09:19:46 am

Please allow me to make that a tad bit easier for folks.

CLICK HERE

Thanks bleudog. I tried.

paraloma

Foreman has beaten Nashville, last year's state champion in 4A and 5A Hope.  Hope's pitcher has a couple of World Series under her belt from her younger days.

I don't see Foreman losing a game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas