Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Sunday, December 16th, 2018.
With a 3-0 weekend, kk2 comes from behind to win the Pick'em championship. kk2 292 ISU7 291 Coach Jones 291 RamblinWest 290 hill
Fearless Friday
Championship Capsules Posted

Author Topic: Vilonia Eagles  (Read 173468 times)

Offline vtowneagles

• 2nd String
  • I love stats. playing the percentages since 94'
Re: Vilonia Eagles
« Reply #1000 on: October 19, 2011, 04:03:32 pm »
looking forward to playing in greenwood. heard the atmosphere is amazing
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 04:51:38 pm by vtowneagles »

Offline DeepCoverage

• Bench Warmer
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
« Reply #1001 on: October 19, 2011, 04:46:30 pm »
It is called "I give up."  Happened last year also

Offline turftime

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1002 on: October 19, 2011, 05:45:15 pm »
 We went thru the baseball quiters and i think we will be better next year. Just be patient wasent so long ago that V-Town was runners up with this coach and offence.

Offline 5Awest

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1003 on: October 19, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »
Can't be mad at kids who prefer one sport over another it's to much work to stay in a sport you don't love.   Not as easy to play all sports.

Offline onewildeagle

• Cheerleader
« Reply #1004 on: October 19, 2011, 05:54:25 pm »
Hey DC..  Since it seems to bother you so much.....keep preaching your agenda!   :o  everyone knows you have one and if I felt that someone close to me was done wrong I would have one also.   
Here is something told to me today that should make you happy.  The word going around the fieldhouse is that Coach Jordan will be in charge of the offense next year.  Supposed to have come from the AD.
keep the faith.  change is in the air. 

Offline windbox

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1005 on: October 19, 2011, 06:22:42 pm »
Turf, I am sure you are a great kid, apparently can't read, but a great hard working kid.  If you would only ask Sax, Anderson, Kirk, Davey, Calhoun or any of the seniors they heard the boys get kicked off, guess you were still at South Arkansas University at that time.

Offline windbox

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1006 on: October 19, 2011, 06:26:29 pm »
What onewildeagle, we have a AD

Offline turftime

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1007 on: October 19, 2011, 06:36:15 pm »
 Sorry Windbox had no idea they were kicked off .

Offline onewildeagle

• Cheerleader
« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2011, 06:42:37 pm »
Well Windbox,  we have one supposedly.  Have yet to see anything from him, but if what I was told is true he was told to make the change from someone with deep pockets who has a interest in seeing the ball in the air next year.   Is that clear as mud?  ;D

Offline windbox

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1009 on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:15 pm »
I sure hope so.  Best news I've heard in a while!

Offline 5Awest

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1010 on: October 19, 2011, 06:55:54 pm »
Won't matter Huntsville will own the 5A west next year.

Offline windbox

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1011 on: October 19, 2011, 07:30:51 pm »
Someone is full of crap.

Offline 5Awest

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1012 on: October 19, 2011, 07:34:36 pm »
Inside Info no crap

Offline DeepCoverage

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1013 on: October 19, 2011, 08:15:52 pm »
Early Christmas

Offline Jimmymack

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1014 on: October 19, 2011, 08:26:14 pm »
DC  I think we got a solution to make everybody happy  Coach is in his 10th year of a 15 year contract.  If you and someone with some cash can come up with a 5 year buyout worth approx.
5 million dollars we will walk and I'll even take Turf to that high dollar private school in Shreveport.
Would you be willing to come up with some cash for a buyout?  If not continue your agenda that you claimed you didnt have.  Also Ive heard that the head coach at West Virginia is coming to put in the Lonsome Polecat!  If thats true we will stay and you can keep your buyout money.  Its all good brother.

Offline DeepCoverage

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1015 on: October 19, 2011, 08:43:11 pm »
Well Windbox,  we have one supposedly.  Have yet to see anything from him, but if what I was told is true he was told to make the change from someone with deep pockets who has a interest in seeing the ball in the air next year.   Is that clear as mud?  ;D

Done!

Offline turftime

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1016 on: October 19, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »
 Dad good to see you on here.  You are right heard today 5 more years for coach so i'll finish here.

Offline Jimmymack

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1017 on: October 19, 2011, 09:01:53 pm »
Good to hear Turf, your mother says you are thriving up there!  Good grades, I may buy you that new Truck!

ahsalum

« Reply #1018 on: October 19, 2011, 10:36:26 pm »
Hey JimmyMack.....

When are ya comin back

Offline EagleIview

• Band Nerd
« Reply #1019 on: October 20, 2011, 11:26:39 am »
I am here to protect the program,coaches & administration from the continues slander by individuals who have no info on what is really happening @ this time with in the football program.

I will start with Coach Stanley...this is the best football coach n Vilonia history and top ten winningest coaches n state history. He put this program on the map from a band school to a football perennial contender in the conference everyyear. He has done this with mediocre talent at best. He has brought respect to this program which was once the  laughing stock of the league. He brought in great coaches with head coaching backgrounds, and some young coaches with college football experience. The program is on the cusp of some great seasons with this staff and some talented players coming up ,who will be coached to be great not just thrown out on the field. 
Which comes to my next point....
I beleive some of you have been misinformed about what took place this year within the program. A meeting was called to discuss this issue and alot of things were put out on the table as to the biggest problem with the program moving foward. There has been an issue with certain coaches ,none of which are on the highschool staff, thinking they can do what they please with no regards to administration or the head coach. This has been evident the last three years and has been destroying the program by not keeping kids interseted after 7th grade. A change was made and and it sent shock waves through the community once they saw this group  accually being coached and the result on the feild. The prove was in the pudding. Now the program can move on once a PERMANANT change is made n the off season to elimanate those trying to make out to b more then they are.

Offline Eagleforlife51

• Band Nerd
« Reply #1020 on: October 20, 2011, 12:54:14 pm »
I respect your post but I disagree strongly. There are anywhere from ten to twenty players a year that quit football once they start high school and most quit because of Stanley. As for the 7th grade, my brother plays on that team. For the first five games both teams were running nothing but the pistol, the white team put up 94 points total in those games, because they WEREN'T running the double wing. Now that this so called change has occurred, the 7th grade runs the pistol the first half,  and have to run nothing but doublewing in the second half. Two weeks ago they were fortunate enough to have scored enough points in the first half against Conway to get the win. They didn't score a point in the second half running the doublewing. The junior high coaches asked Stanley permission before they implemented the pistol. Coach Stanley himself told me the high school was going to run the pistol this year. But like I said sense it was out of his comfort zone he didn't stay with it. "best coach in school history" thats possible due to the 2003 team, but "a contender in conference every year" I don't think so. We fight for the fourth seed every single year with a first round loss in the playoffs other than the 2003 and 2007 teams. Vilonia has never finished higher than a fourth seed since the move to the west. A coach has to be willing to make a change. Last year again greenwood, they knew every play we were gonna run just by the way we lined up. "mediocre players" bull crap. You make due with what you have. Looks a greenwood year in and year out. They are always a state title confender. "Destroying the program for the last three years" you are misinformed again. Three years ago, the seniors this year, were playing for a conference title. Last year, the 7th grade teams had the best record in 7th grade history. And with a win on Monday, the 7th grade teams this year wil tie the 7th grade record. As for Stanley contract it clearly states that he is supposed to be a most of the 7th grade and junior high practice during the summer. If he would have been doing his friggin job, he would have known what the junior high, 7th grade,  and peewee teams were running and we would have had this big mess of changing the junior high and 7th grade offenses in the middle of the season. Yes the junior high is on a winning streak right now, but it's not because of Stanley. He's not out there at their practices."permant change in off season" all I can say about that is I hope that doesn't mean the junior high coaching staff will be gone. Stout was the one who brought in a great offensive and defense line coach, and all American and Harding, coach Morris. Stout was the one who brought in the 7th grade coaches who are doing an amazing job with those young men. Give credit where credit is due. 

Offline Jimmymack

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1021 on: October 20, 2011, 03:50:43 pm »
Steve Perry, love that song!  And I'm an avid Journey fan!!!

Offline windbox

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1022 on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:27 pm »
Great post Eagleforlife51.  Will all the players on the 7th grade team still play in high school?  I would say no for the reasons you stated.  Coach Stout is a great coach.

Offline InYoGrill

• B52 Bomb Loada
  • Head Coach
« Reply #1023 on: October 20, 2011, 04:45:28 pm »
Eagle1View, I have kept mostly quiet on this thread for a while in regards to issue with the program and its leadership.  What you wrote is your opinion and everyone has a right to that on here. But for the most part your comments are horsestew! EagleforLife51 a highly respected young man and former player summed my feelings quite nicely by how he responded to your fart spray.

Go Eagles!

Offline onewildeagle

• Cheerleader
« Reply #1024 on: October 20, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »
EagleIview  ---- is that you Sellers????    lol - u should have been fired when you couldnt cut it as a principal.  is it true that coach jordon will be in charge of the offense next year?

whats that i hear??? crickets????

Offline DeepCoverage

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #1025 on: October 20, 2011, 08:11:34 pm »
Who will be held accountable for the 9th graders that will not play their 10th grade year? Will this also be blamed on the Junior High program? Who is held accountable for the kids that did not move up this year.

That was a bad statement about mediocre players, your speaking of a lot of kids of parents that their tax dollars go to the school and donate a lot of time and money to your athletic program

Offline RDô

• Est 1996
  • Legend
  • Hated In Marion Since 2004
« Reply #1026 on: October 20, 2011, 08:13:01 pm »
Locking this until further review.

Baptist Health Orthopedic Center