• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 players in the 4A

Started by arkhoops94, January 26, 2015, 10:10:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arkhoops94

Who are the top 10 players in the 4A? Names to watch for as the state tournament gets closer.

redskinsfan

Nick Smith #15 (Pocahontas)
Clark Brewington #33 (Pocahontas)

l0l

WPWells

Aka name any players on your team that are halfway decent

PASS

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 27, 2015, 08:43:33 am
That's funny coming from a Charleston poster!!!!

WPWells

Pretty sure whenever this topic comes up on the 3A board I just say Matthew Ward from Charleston plus people from other schools

arkhoops94

Rashawn Langston from Estem is a playmaker. 6'4 small forward

LRRandy

Quote from: l0l on January 27, 2015, 08:09:57 am
Ben Madison - Bauxite
he is definatlely a top individual talent. How are the players around him? From what I remember last year if the other perimeter players were not hitting three's Bauxite was just a mediocre team. Madison is for sure a great player.

l0l

Quote from: LRRandy on January 27, 2015, 10:23:09 am
Quote from: l0l on January 27, 2015, 08:09:57 am
Ben Madison - Bauxite
he is definatlely a top individual talent. How are the players around him? From what I remember last year if the other perimeter players were not hitting three's Bauxite was just a mediocre team. Madison is for sure a great player.

They are good, just young for the most part. They can shoot you out of a game quickly, but if they are cold can shoot a team right back into it. Madison is definitely the best player on the team if not the 4A altogether. I'd like to see him play against bigger schools/more talent, but I still think he would stand out regardless of the competition.

arkhoops94

Deverick Franklin from Monticello is a player to watch for. Wouldn't surprise me if Monticello makes a good run in the state tournament.

LRRandy

Quote from: arkhoops94 on January 27, 2015, 11:39:19 am
Deverick Franklin from Monticello is a player to watch for. Wouldn't surprise me if Monticello makes a good run in the state tournament.
what type of team does Monticello have?  I see that they are undefeated still. Have they played many 5a or 6a schools out of conference? If they run though region as #1 seed and Arkansas Baptist does the same the two teams will be on opposite sides of state bracket.

think

Franklin is really good and they have 2 solid guards as well.

LRRandy

Quote from: think on January 27, 2015, 11:49:38 am

Franklin is really good and they have 2 solid guards as well.
what position does Franklin play? Is he a beast inside? A slasher? Shooter? Or just all around athlete and good hoops player? I look forward to seeing him play.

think

He's a SF that's more of a slasher. Decent outside shot and athletic enough to score/defend inside.

arkhoops94

Franklin is a 6'5 shooting guard/small forward. He is a all around player that is athletic and can put up some big numbers.

LRRandy

Thanks for the info guys. Regular season is winding down and thinking about tournament is getting me excited to see teams I haven't seen play.

arkhoops94

Caleb Kirk from Huntsville is a smooth player. About 6'5-6'6 small forward, shoots the ball very well and is a team leader. Huntsville has a chance to win it all this year. Great coach and great team.

Billie Blue

Quote from: LRRandy on January 27, 2015, 11:47:02 am
what type of team does Monticello have?  I see that they are undefeated still. Have they played many 5a or 6a schools out of conference? If they run though region as #1 seed and Arkansas Baptist does the same the two teams will be on opposite sides of state bracket.
We have played camden fairview, won a hot springs tournament don't remember the teams in it beaten white hall and morrilton in the north little rock hoop challenge that arkansas baptist was also they played right after monticello in which they lost to el dorado

arkhoops94

Monticello beat Warren 83-48. Deverick Franklin with 31 points.

Batman44

eaglefan200

Connor Vanover - Arkansas Baptist

WattsOzark

I don't believe Vanover is the best player on his team right now, honestly.

beach bum

February 05, 2015, 08:43:49 am #22 Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 08:48:03 am by beach bum
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 27, 2015, 08:43:33 am

People are figuring out that you are a hypocrite... go report me to a moderator now that I called you out and hurt your feelings. No one is perfect but also most people don't write posts about how much of an angel they are either. You bashing people then telling others how to behave is getting old.

WPWells

Never claimed to be an angel. Sorry that that post hurt your feelings. I was trying to make a joke because that's how these threads usually go

eaglefan200

Quote from: WattsOzark on February 04, 2015, 10:55:56 pm
I don't believe Vanover is the best player on his team right now, honestly.

Both him and the McGonigal twins deserve to be in this discussion right now.

arkhoops94

The McGonigal twins are really good quick guards. Very disruptive on defense and have a good transition game. Connor Vanover is a good player that will turn into a great player down the road. It's scary to think how good he can be if he keeps working on his footwork, coordination, and athleticism. Also needs to gain weight. But he is a force being 7'3. I heard a rumor that a scout from Virginia was at AB practice watching him?

WattsOzark

I'm not saying Conner doesn't have potential, but right now, Both twins are better players than he is, likely because they have 2 more years experience playing Sr. Ball.

PASS

Quote from: WattsOzark on February 05, 2015, 11:01:32 pm
I'm not saying Conner doesn't have potential, but right now, Both twins are better players than he is, likely because they have 2 more years experience playing Sr. Ball.
I disagree Watts. When you have a player like Vanover, it makes everyone around him better because of the attention he draws. It would hurt AB way more if they lost Vanover than anyone else on that team.

noonerricky

Quote from: redskinsfan on January 27, 2015, 05:47:03 am
Nick Smith #15 (Pocahontas)
Clark Brewington #33 (Pocahontas)

Lol I remember Nick Smith putting up 40 points by himself when he was in 6th grade. Very good ball player

eaglefan200

Scouts from both Virginia and Iowa have been at practice in the last few weeks to watch Vanover, a 9th grader. Chad McGonigal scored 14 in the first quarter against Dardanelle Friday night as the Eagles raced to a 22-2 lead. He ended the game with 21 while Vanover had 16 points and 14 boards.

MA

The best player in the 4A is Biggie Goldman at Lincoln. 6'9 with guard skills. probably the best pure shooter in the 4A. has a great pull up game and can play above the rim. He has over 30 D1's interested in him including Virginia, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Indiana, UCONN, Purdue, Maryland, Iowa, Colorado, LSU, and Ole Miss.

Goldman plays the Vanovers on Wednesday for a spot in the state tournament.

Ole Legend

Quote from: krik6 on February 22, 2015, 12:16:02 pm
The best player in the 4A is Biggie Goldman at Lincoln. 6'9 with guard skills. probably the best pure shooter in the 4A. has a great pull up game and can play above the rim. He has over 30 D1's interested in him including Virginia, Gonzaga, Wisconsin, Indiana, UCONN, Purdue, Maryland, Iowa, Colorado, LSU, and Ole Miss.

I don't think he is the best player in 4a, and I don't think he is the best pure shooter in 4a. I have seen him play 4 times this year, and although he is a very good player, I don't think he is the best.

l0l

I look forward to seeing him play, but I'm a bit skeptical. I watched him play last year in the state tournament and didn't see anything but a good shooter. Maybe with a different roster he adapted and picked up a bigger skill set? Look forward to seeing the state tourney play out.

Eagle20

Quote from: l0l on February 22, 2015, 01:54:22 pm

interest and offers are two totally different things .  Does he not have one offer among the 30 you say are interested?

I look forward to seeing him play, but I'm a bit skeptical. I watched him play last year in the state tournament and didn't see anything but a good shooter. Maybe with a different roster he adapted and picked up a bigger skill set? Look forward to seeing the state tourney play out.

MA

Youre very right. Interest and offers are two different things. Very good. He has an offer from Utah St. He will probably being going to prep school. He has grown almost a foot since his freshman year. Definition of a late bloomer. Already been on visits to Iowa and Ole Miss. How many other 4A kids get calls from UCONN, Virginia, Gonzaga, Indiana, Purdue etc. on a day to day basis.... Name one other 4A kid. Conner Vanover is the only other 1 . He is gonna be incredible. Biggie is 3 years older than him. Biggie is better. When Biggie was Vanovers age he was 5'10..... Little different than 7'2 lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas