• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by PASS, August 10, 2014, 09:20:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I'd go as far as to say that Ozark and Huntsville are 1 and 2 right now

razorsharp94

Huntsville blew a double digit fourth qtr lead vsOzark and Lost on a last second shot.

WattsOzark

Quote from: razorsharp94 on January 01, 2015, 09:19:36 pm
Huntsville blew a double digit fourth qtr lead vsOzark and Lost on a last second shot.
At home, in a game where Ozark shot 25%.
I'd say that Ozark overcame a double-digit deficit and won despite not playing very well for most of the game.

urban legend2

I've seen Ozark, CAC, Huntsville and Riverview...I think all four can be interchangeable right now at the top. But Riverview is a very, very good team.

Feufan08

Quote from: urban legend2 on January 02, 2015, 12:30:52 am
I've seen Ozark, CAC, Huntsville and Riverview...I think all four can be interchangeable right now at the top. But Riverview is a very, very good team.
Yes, they really are! In fact, I don't think they have lost a game so far.

leaglebb

January 02, 2015, 01:36:01 pm #105 Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:35:30 pm by leaglebb
Quote from: WattsOzark on January 01, 2015, 11:38:58 pm
Quote from: razorsharp94 on January 01, 2015, 09:19:36 pm
At home, in a game where Ozark shot 25%.
I'd say that Ozark overcame a double-digit deficit and won despite not playing very well for most of the game.

You can say Ozark didn't play well if you want, but Huntsville outplayed them the whole game and had a lot to do with Ozark shooting 25%.  They led Ozark by double digits most of the game.  Huntsville was simply outcoached at the end of the game with a 13 pt. lead and 5 minutes to go.  My daughter played for them 15 years ago and it hasn't changed since then, so I don't expect it to change.  Not a knock on Ozark, as they are a very good team also, but this one wasn't on the Huntsville girls.  Maybe they will get another shot at Ozark later in the year to clear this confusion up. 

WPWells

No need to bash a legendary coach like that

NEA Razorback olfan

Just going on what I've seen and read on here

1 Riverview 17-0 - wins over CAC, Brookland
2 Ozark - Win over Huntsville
3 Huntsville
4 CAC
5 PG
6 Star City
7 Malvern
8 Pottsville
9 Pocahontas
10 Brookland

Basketballfan13

Huntsville has a great coach. He is old and is stuck in his ways...but those ways have produced plenty of wins for huntsville. Losing by one to the #1 ranked team in the state and all you do is blame your coach. I'm sure he had nothing to do with winning the LTC this week either.

PASS

1 Riverview
2 Ozark
3 CAC
4 Brookland
5 Huntsville
6 Star City
7 Pottsville
8 Prairie Grove
9 Pocohontas
10 Heber Springs

Bulldog92

PASS I am not trying to get into an argument I am just wanting to know why you have CAC third?  They might come in and roll through state and end up there but with the losses to Riverview and Clarksville I'm just asking. I haven't seen CAC or Riverview play but I have watched Clarksville and that's just got my curiosity up.

PASS

CAC has 2 absolute studs & a PG that knows where to get the ball. They have 4 freshmen in their 8 man rotation. Very young but will continue to improve.

Bulldog92

Ok. Just wondering. People still have CAC in the Top Ten Overall yet Riverview isn't.  Opinions is what makes this site interesting!!!

PASS

I have Riverview at #1 in 4A right now. Head to head matchup goes a long way to me. Plus Riverview hammered a really good Harding Academy squad also.

Bulldog92

No one has posted on this thread in a month and Regional and State tournaments are just around the corner.  SO, what is everyones opinions on the top ten?  I haven't got to see anyone north or west of Pine Bluff play since Christmas break. 

WattsOzark

I went and watched Riverview... i think they'd struggle to finish 3rd in the 4a4 this year.

the realist

Riverview girls are up and down but make no mistake about it, they wouldn't struggle to finish 3rd in any conference in 4A. Some nights they just coast by and play with little enthusiasm but they are a top level team. They have also played at least 15 games this season where they were missing 1 if not 2 regular starters. Come tournament time they should all be healthy and a real force. I'm not saying they are hands down the best 4A team but no way are they not 1 of the top 3.

NEA Razorback olfan

Right now I would prolly go with the ADG top 6     2/8/15
1 Ozark
2 CAC
3 Riverview
4 Star City
5 Pocahontas
6 Huntsville
7 Pottsville
8 Crossett
9 PG
10 Brookland