• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

North Little Rock Boys in Myrtle beach ball classic

Started by businesstron, December 27, 2014, 11:34:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

businesstron

They play a school out of Kentucky called Knott County Central.   I believe it'll be on tv on CST(channel 80 or 2080 in NWA....I think).  I think they'll be streaming it too(http://www.beachballclassic.com/).  It hasn't updated from yesterday though.    But it might be a decent matchup  Knott County Central is 8-0 and Ranked 15th in Kentucky (according to Maxpreps).  Overall there are alot of good teams in the tournament so it'll be interesting to see how far North Little Rock get in it.

sevenof400

businesstron

I believe the tournament organizers do....I'm not 100% on that though.

ricepig

Quote from: businesstron on December 27, 2014, 01:41:26 pm
I believe the tournament organizers do....I'm not 100% on that though.

They usually provide lodging, maybe some meals, it depends on the tournament.

CathywithaC

Balance of team expenses is financed by The Wildcat Foundation, a non-profit that raises money to subsidize extra-curricular activities of all types at NLRHS.  We've supported many athletic activities, as well as drama, reading, journalism, Girls and Boys State and many others.  Any club/team that has a need can submit a funding request for consideration.

ricepig

Quote from: CathywithaC on December 27, 2014, 03:00:17 pm
Balance of team expenses is financed by The Wildcat Foundation, a non-profit that raises money to subsidize extra-curricular activities of all types at NLRHS.  We've supported many athletic activities, as well as drama, reading, journalism, Girls and Boys State and many others.  Any club/team that has a need can submit a funding request for consideration.

Maybe Coach Bolding should put in a request for 2 more assistant coaches?

Brian G

CathywithaC

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2014, 03:03:33 pm

Believe me when I tell you, he's not shy about asking for more than his share!

Brian G

Quote from: CathywithaC on December 27, 2014, 03:24:05 pm

Now that he's reached out with that rant, I totally believe you.

ricepig

I'm guessing he's going on the theory that all they can say is no!

Brian G

ricepig

That's still to be determined, he might get a couple more coaches this year......

Brian G

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on December 27, 2014, 04:00:50 pm
I'm speaking of "within coaching circles".

The two guys he'd hire would like him.   ;D

CathywithaC

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2014, 03:33:46 pm

I'm guessing he's going on the theory that all they can say is no!
I wish that was the case.  He's going on the theory that he's SPECIAL.  Not so much, imho.

Brian G

Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2014, 04:08:55 pm

You think he'd hire guys that didn't already have a job?

businesstron

NLR down 37-28 at the half.  Allen is having a tough half he hasn't been totally shut down but he's like 3-8 and not even getting to the line.   Duckworth has 3 three's..  It'd be a blowout if not for those points.  Knott County Central has a nice team though they have a big 6-7 named hall. He runs the floor real well, can drive to the basket and he can shoot the three and play good defense.  The whole team plays with good chemistry.

They are showing it online but the feed sucks..

http://www.htcconnect.com/bbcstreaming/

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on December 27, 2014, 04:55:50 pm
Quote from: ricepig on December 27, 2014, 04:08:55 pm

You think he'd hire guys that didn't already have a job?

Well, according to you, those who are in the working coaching circle wouldn't come, so yeah, he might have to......

notsperry

Quote from: businesstron on December 27, 2014, 05:08:19 pm
NLR down 37-28 at the half.  Allen is having a tough half he hasn't been totally shut down but he's like 3-8 and not even getting to the line.   Duckworth has 3 three's..  It'd be a blowout if not for those points.  Knott County Central has a nice team though they have a big 6-7 named hall. He runs the floor real well, can drive to the basket and he can shoot the three and play good defense.  The whole team plays with good chemistry.

They are showing it online but the feed sucks..

Knott County won 70 to 53

businesstron

December 27, 2014, 06:20:51 pm #19 Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 06:24:39 pm by businesstron
Allen had a bad game. KJ Hill didn't play and they pretty much couldn't match Scott County's style of play (ran alot set plays on offense and played zone on defense....NLR shot 34% and 27% from 3 pt lant).  Scott County had a big dude that killed them in the first half, then in the second half they had a another dude a guard named Justice who pretty much finished the job.  I think  they said he was their best play.  They had 4 senior who had started together for 3 years starting and a pretty decent sophmore to round it out.   NLR will play some school called St francis in the consolidation bracket Monday.

CathywithaC

gotta watch that "consolidation" bracket---it can be a killer if they merge you with the wrong school!

businesstron

Quote from: CathywithaC on December 27, 2014, 06:41:49 pm
gotta watch that "consolidation" bracket---it can be a killer if they merge you with the wrong school!

Your not lying.   NLR lost to St Francis today 80-54.  I know some of these teams are regional powers but NLR might have a difficult time claiming that 3rd 7a State Championship.

http://www.beachballclassic.com/beasley-leads-st-francis-over-n-little-rock/

CathywithaC

businesstron

I think they threw in the towel early, they do miss Anton's shooting though and KJ hill not being there doesn't help.   Honestly though their defense just isn't there....especially their interior defense.  Van Buren Big man sliced them up last week and they couldn't stop Knott County Central's big man either.  That big 6'10 dude that they have has been a liability on the defensive end.  It's not all his fault the back up dude didn't do much better either and they just been shooting bad as a team.  They shot 31% against St Francis.

businesstron

Quote from: businesstron on December 29, 2014, 09:33:06 pm
I think they threw in the towel early, they do miss Anton's shooting though and KJ hill not being there doesn't help.   Honestly though their defense just isn't there....especially their interior defense.  Van Buren Big man sliced them up last week and they couldn't stop Knott County Central's big man either.  That big 6'10 dude that they have has been a liability on the defensive end.  It's not all his fault the back up dude didn't do much better either and they just been shooting bad as a team.  They shot 31% against St Francis.

Forgot to add NLR will play Socastee from Myrtle Beach Wednesday at noon.  They should win that game.  Socastee has been blown out by 30+ points in their first two games, so they are  not that good of a team.

You should be able to watch the game online as well.

Eagle20

Sounds like NLR HAS BEEN BLOWN OUT TOO!  Maybe a good matchup!

businesstron

NLR blew out Socastee 89-50.  It's good that they atleast ended the tournament on a positive note.

http://www.beachballclassic.com/n-little-rock-ar-defeats-socastee-sc/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas