• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

City of Palms Classic- Ft Myers, FL

Started by Razorback Red, December 18, 2014, 06:50:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

December 18, 2014, 06:50:57 pm Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:53:13 pm by Razorback Red
For anyone that follows Bentonville, they are playing this weekend in one of the top high school basketball tourneys in the country in Ft. Myers, FL.  There are several of the Max Preps excellent 25 teams in this 17-team tourney. 

Bentonville opens play Friday night at 7:45pm against Marietta (Wheeler), GA who is ranked #16 in the country.  The tourney website is listed below.  They have a feature online that shows Malik Monk as the #2 overall player in the tourney. 

Should be fun to keep up with!

http://www.cityofpalmsclassic.com/index.php

WPWells

Is there a Twitter feed or anything that we can use to keep up with this?

Razorback Red

ricepig

Too bad they were scared to play Jonesboro in the Hoops Challenge.   :D

Razorback Red

That's still a nice tourney, ricepig.  Lots of good competition.  I know you are just joking, but you can't blame Bville for accepting the City of Palms invitation since it's one of the top tourneys in the country. 

Jonesboro/Sdale should be a great game. 

How good was Kickapoo?  They've beat Fville, Sdale and Jboro already; that's pretty strong. 

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback Red on December 18, 2014, 07:58:42 pm
That's still a nice tourney, ricepig.  Lots of good competition.  I know you are just joking, but you can't blame Bville for accepting the City of Palms invitation since it's one of the top tourneys in the country. 

Jonesboro/Sdale should be a great game. 

How good was Kickapoo?  They've beat Fville, Sdale and Jboro already; that's pretty strong.

I didn't see the Kickapoo game, but from what I heard we got down early 10-0 and 20-9 after the 1st qt. We took a lead in the 4th, but didn't finish it out. They've definitely got some talent, and it helped being at home, as it always does.

I was just looking forward to watching Malik, I haven't seen him play since his 9th grade year, besides some internet Wing's games.  Good luck in Florida.

urban legend2

Bentonville lost by 21 to Marietta, Ga., in its first one, then by 12 to Whitney Young out of Chicago. Those are two nationally prominent teams so really no surprise there. Monk didn't do a whole lot in either game. i imagine he's drawing a lot of attention.

Brian G

I think Monk has the flu or some such ailment.

SouthpawSensation

Monk fouled out with about 3 minutes left in the third quarter on what somebody said were "questionable calls."

JTthegreat16

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on December 21, 2014, 06:17:51 am
Monk fouled out with about 3 minutes left in the third quarter on what somebody said were "questionable calls."

Heard that too. Anyone have any details? Talked to a coach or anyone that was there?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas