• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A/6A East in 2014-2015

Started by MarionBlueDevil, December 15, 2014, 04:18:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarionBlueDevil

1.) North Little Rock
2.) Jonesboro
3.) Cabot
4.) Marion
5.) West Memphis
6.) Little Rock Central
7.) Searcy
8.) Mountain Home

How does that look? Who agrees? Who disagrees? Who thinks I'm way off?

ricepig

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on December 15, 2014, 04:18:02 pm
1.) North Little Rock
2.) Jonesboro
3.) Cabot
4.) Marion
5.) West Memphis
6.) Little Rock Central
7.) Searcy
8.) Mountain Home

How does that look? Who agrees? Who disagrees? Who thinks I'm way off?

Ask me about the middle of January, it still seems some teams are really up and down.

Burks

Looks good to me! What about the girls?

Cabotred

I would have a hard time putting Cabot number 3 right now, with the way they are playing.  With that said 3-6 is up for grabs. I have heard good things about W. Memphis.  Marion and Central have talent they just have to get it together. 

With new playoff system I am really only worries about W. Memphis and Central. Hoping we can win atleast 3 out of the four games with them and get good seed at state.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Burks on December 15, 2014, 10:05:18 pm
Looks good to me! What about the girls?

Excellent question.

1.) North Little Rock
2.) West Memphis
3.) Little Rock Central
4.) Cabot
5.) Marion
6.) Jonesboro
7.) Mountain Home
8.) Searcy

Feel like Searcy lost more than everyone else.

Burks

I have Central girls 2nd, Lady Devils that good this season?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Burks on December 17, 2014, 04:59:39 pm
I have Central girls 2nd, Lady Devils that good this season?

I expect them to be. Alexis Hamlet is better than last year (and she was pretty good then) and their supporting cast may actually be a little better from top-to-bottom.

Cabotred

January 04, 2015, 07:18:03 pm #7 Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 07:22:33 pm by Cabotred
It is time to get serious. As far as boys go this is what I know, be limited as it is.

I have looked at Maxpreps. The records seem to be missing some games.  If you know of your teams correct record please post it.

Cabot finished 10-2. Seems impressive but the didn't play anyone.  Best win was over Mamelle, losses to Conway and Benton.

NLR and Jboro had a few losses to powerhouse teams, but seem to be leaders of conference like in pasts year. Marion, W Memphis and Central seemed to have disappointing non conference seasons.  What is up with those program? Searcy and Mt Home, I don't know much about. 

My prediction:
1.  NLR
2.  Jboro
Only ranked this way it because that is how they finished last year. 
3. Cabot
Because of nonconference record
4-8
Who knows. I would think, Central, W Memphis, Marion should be in spots 4-6 in some order, but Mt Home nonconfernce records looks like they could throw wrench in those predictions.  Searcy looks to be behind others in conference.

Anybody with more knowledge chime in...... 

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Cabotred on January 04, 2015, 07:18:03 pm
It is time to get serious. As far as boys go this is what I know, be limited as it is.

I have looked at Maxpreps. The records seem to be missing some games.  If you know of your teams correct record please post it.

Cabot finished 10-2. Seems impressive but the didn't play anyone.  Best win was over Mamelle, losses to Conway and Benton.

NLR and Jboro had a few losses to powerhouse teams, but seem to be leaders of conference like in pasts year. Marion, W Memphis and Central seemed to have disappointing non conference seasons.  What is up with those program? Searcy and Mt Home, I don't know much about. 

My prediction:
1.  NLR
2.  Jboro
Only ranked this way it because that is how they finished last year. 
3. Cabot
Because of nonconference record
4-8
Who knows. I would think, Central, W Memphis, Marion should be in spots 4-6 in some order, but Mt Home nonconfernce records looks like they could throw wrench in those predictions.  Searcy looks to be behind others in conference.

Anybody with more knowledge chime in......

Central has been so down that it's hard for me to imagine that they'll be any good, but it's possible.

I know that Marion and West Memphis's records don't look great, but some of that is them playing so many games against out-of-state teams. Not saying those teams were good or that they weren't, I just don't know much about them other than the games that I watched.

Mountain Home won the Greene County Tech tournament a few weeks back, but I don't think that the field was particularly strong this season.

Marion's wins are against Blytheville, Osceola, Mountain View and Wynne.

West Memphis' best win was against Forrest City. Remember, the Mustangs beat North Little Rock at The Rumble on the Ridge so while Forrest City lost a lot, they're still pretty good. Second best Blue Devil win is likely Ripley, Tennessee. Their team was so-so, but their point guard is being recruited by the University of Memphis.

Cabotred

January 04, 2015, 08:21:15 pm #9 Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:23:32 pm by Cabotred
I believe Central beat Forrest City also.......

So is that a good win?  I know FC beat Jboro, but I would say they caught Jboro on one of those nights and WM and Central caught FC on one of those nights where anything can happen. These are 16-18 year old boys we are talking about. 

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on January 04, 2015, 08:21:15 pm

So is that a good win?  I know FC beat Jboro, but I would say they caught Jboro on one of those nights and WM and Central caught FC on one of those nights where anything can happen. These are 16-18 year old boys we are talking about.

FC didn't beat Jonesboro, Jonesboro has only lost to out of state teams, Hoover, Alabama, Richland, Tx, and South Grand Prairie, Tx.

Cabotred

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2015, 08:28:41 pm

FC didn't beat Jonesboro, Jonesboro has only lost to out of state teams, Hoover, Alabama, Richland, Tx, and South Grand Prairie, Tx.

My mistake. I meant  NLR.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on January 04, 2015, 09:08:15 pm

My mistake. I meant  NLR.

Ok, I'll let you slide this time. I think both Jonesboro and NLR are beatable, neither is as good as last year at this point. That being said, I don't really think either will lose to anyone else.

@CurryLegion

and Kickapoo, MO

ricepig

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on January 04, 2015, 11:41:49 pm

and Kickapoo, MO

I knew I was forgetting someone, lol, good catch.

Cabotred

Maxpreps have WM at 1-11, Marion at 3-6, Central at 2-7.

What are there real records? 

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on January 05, 2015, 01:34:08 pm

Good question, I seldom rely on Maxpreps for anything definitive.

Cabotred

Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2015, 03:11:59 pm

I knew they had some problem. They have Cabot at 7-2. Missing some tournament games that we played in. They have JB at 9-4. I believe that is correct.

Only problem is no other service has anything.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on January 05, 2015, 03:18:06 pm
Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2015, 03:11:59 pm

I knew they had some problem. They have Cabot at 7-2. Missing some tournament games that we played in. They have JB at 9-4. I believe that is correct.

Only problem is no other service has anything.

They are only as good as the people reporting the scores. It does beat nothing, that's for sure.

Cabotred

Just found out today that our leading scorer so far this year is out for 6 weeks with a broken collar bone. 

Going to miss his scoring and defense but really hurts our shallow depth.

w ballers

rammer

Quote from: Cabotred on January 05, 2015, 10:32:27 pm
Just found out today that our leading scorer so far this year is out for 6 weeks with a broken collar bone. 

Going to miss his scoring and defense but really hurts our shallow depth.

Sad to hear about Cabot losing Garrett Rowe. Cabot was only playing 8 players and that brings them down to 7. I think they will still be good if Dixon and Southerland play the way they have been of late, especially in the Beebe tournament. The sophomore post has been a pleasant surprise, but they all must stay out of foul trouble now.

Cabot's guards have really been playing well except for too many turnovers. If they can improve in that area Cabot will be fine. Most athletic team I have seen at Cabot in awhile.

MarionBlueDevil

West Memphis and Marion are each 4-8. Can't speak for Little Rock Central.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas