• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coke Classic in Fort Smith- Who's in it?

Started by TheMercenary, December 15, 2014, 10:00:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMercenary

Anyone know the teams? and is it in Stubblefield again?
Thanks!

WPWells

Maclin on your girl

tiger2016

A-Good-One

Russellville, Bryant, PA, Arkadelphia, Charleston, Northside, Southside I know.

WPWells

Subiaco is usually in it. Could they be the 8th team?

A-Good-One

Might be, but I feel like someone told me it was a LR school. Can't remember positively, but I think it's Hall. Could be wrong.

WPWells

If it's Hall then this could really be interesting

think

Hall is down a bit from previous years. Still very competitive though.

A-Good-One

Just asked. It is Hall.

Bracket is:

Southside
Arkie

Rville
Hall

Northside
Charleston

Bryant
PA

WPWells

Honestly, Charleston-Northside is an intriguing first-round game

A-Good-One

Very, 12th Man. Footballers going to be around by then? I would assume so, but you never know. Fayetteville's two - Greenlaw and O'Grady - aren't playing until January supposedly.

WPWells

I'm sure they will be. I'll probably attend a lot of this classic. I did last year even though Charleston wasn't in it!

neds

I think Hall is down this year from what I saw in the Jammin for Jackets tournament last week in NLR. I doubt they are a threat to win this.

P.F.G.

onewildrice

Dec. 29-30-31
Game times 2:30-4:15-6:00-7:45 on Monday/Tuesday
1:00-2:45-4:15 and final at 6:00 on Wednesday

Hoophawg

Is Ty Storey gonna be play or is he gonna be at U of a?  Someone that's has watched him play basketball what kind of player is he.  Is he someone who gets dunks?

WPWells

He will already be at the U of A

He's a good basketball player that could have been great if he had focused on basketball instead of football; however, Matthew Ward from Charleston will be playing in this tournament. He's getting college looks, and trust me when I say that he would be worth the price of admission

P.F.G.

businesstron

Northside could run Charleston off the court if they come into the game with they head on straight.  They started off slow losing to Clarkville, Hall, and NLR  but the Hall and NLR games were close.   These last few weeks they've been looking pretty good in the Texas tournaments they've been participating in.     They have a good shot to win the tournament outside of Hall. 

WPWells

Understand, but have you seen Charleston play? They played Van Buren within one point

businesstron

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 17, 2014, 10:46:58 am
Understand, but have you seen Charleston play? They played Van Buren within one point

Not this year.  I watched the game against Episcopal last year though.  So  I have somewhat of a feel.  I haven't seen much of Northside either outside of their game with Clarksville but I have a good feel on them too.

The put up a good fight against Van Buren but the way Northside plays is a little different from Van Buren.  They also have more depth too.  I think it'll be just a little too much for Charleston.   

businesstron

Quote from: businesstron on December 17, 2014, 12:15:11 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 17, 2014, 10:46:58 am

Not this year.  I watched the game against Episcopal last year though.  So  I have somewhat of a feel.  I haven't seen much of Northside either outside of their game with Clarksville but I have a good feel on them too.

The put up a good fight against Van Buren but the way Northside plays is a little different from Van Buren.  They also have more depth too.  I think it'll be just a little too much for Charleston.   

Northside 79
Charleston 59

Though it was an intriguing matchup and it was a game for a half.  Northside has too many horses.   Charleston has a good team though, they'll go far in 3a.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas