• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harmony Grove vs. Bearden

Started by Hgalum50, October 07, 2017, 12:12:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Harmony Grove
33 (91.7%)
Bearden
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: October 12, 2017, 12:30:36 pm

Hgalum50

Battle for the Bill Manning trophy! Should be a good game, but them Hornets have hit stride! I will say HG 40 Bearden 28!

trojanman

Grove will be the favorite for sure but I think it will be extremely close game

Hgalum50

Quote from: trojanman on October 07, 2017, 12:16:26 am
Grove will be the favorite for sure but I think it will be extremely close game
I say it will possibly be close for the first half l, but HG comes out second half and puts up last 2 touchdowns.

dawgpound

The Beast Of 08

This. Will. Not. Be. A. Close. Game.
Grove by as many as they want (and since it's the Cubs it'll probably be by 50)

bear for life

Yep bout the same mercy rule Hampton took 2 weeks ago against the grove remember

FoxandHound34

Yogi bear

It all depends on which Bearden team shows up the one who pushed j,c, for a half and beat Hector or the one we have seen the last two games.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: Yogi bear on October 07, 2017, 09:41:38 am
It all depends on which Bearden team shows up the one who pushed j,c, for a half and beat Hector or the one we have seen the last two games.
Sorry but it has nothing to do with what Bearden team shows up. I mean it might change the first quarter deficit that the Bears have to endure but mercy rule will be put on in the 3rd quarter no matter what.

Yogi bear

Guess we shall see.The Bears will be ready for this one.  J,C, would mercy rule h,g, just like Prescott did...

FoxandHound34

Quote from: Yogi bear on October 07, 2017, 10:06:11 am
Guess we shall see.The Bears will be ready for this one.  J,C, would mercy rule h,g, just like Prescott did...
What's JC got to do with this one?

bear for life

The beast of 08 must got beat pretty bad by those bears it's an hate thing I see lol

razorcardsfan11

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: bear for life on October 07, 2017, 10:57:11 am
The beast of 08 must got beat pretty bad by those bears it's an hate thing I see lol
There's really no good response to this...I didn't play much football (had back surgery when I was 16) but this rivalry needs to be rekindled a bit if you ask me. Just trying to do my part in fanning the flames 🔥

bear for life

OK I understand but you never know what Bearden team gone show up the rowdy bunch or the i dont care bunch 

Risonwildcat212

For completely selfish reasons I have to root Bearden in this one, but it's seeming more and more likely the conference title will be played at the grove in a few weeks. I really wish teams like Mount Ida and Earle had to actually play a couple of actual games before the playoffs. See what life is like in the 8-2A.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 07, 2017, 12:54:18 pm
For completely selfish reasons I have to root Bearden in this one, but it's seeming more and more likely the conference title will be played at the grove in a few weeks. I really wish teams like Mount Ida and Earle had to actually play a couple of actual games before the playoffs. See what life is like in the 8-2A.
But they wonder why Hootens has much love for the 8!

Risonwildcat212

October 07, 2017, 01:08:36 pm #17 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 01:14:44 pm by Risonwildcat212
Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 07, 2017, 12:59:00 pm
But they wonder why Hootens has much love for the 8!
Tell me about it. The Ida fans act like they are invincible and they have played no one yet. Risons schedule hasn't been amazing but at least we've played Fordyce, Bearden and, Dumas in a scrimmage that wasn't a scrimmage, and CHG might have played the best schedule in the state so far.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 07, 2017, 01:08:36 pm
Tell me about it. The Ida fans act like they are invincible and they have played no one yet. Risons schedule hasn't been amazing but at least we've played Fordyce, Bearden and, Dumas in a scrimmage that wasn't a scrimmage.
Honestly HG and Rison could beat them on any given night, just my opinion but I do feel a week 8 conference championship game brewing up!

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 07, 2017, 01:14:36 pm
Honestly HG and Rison could beat them on any given night, just my opinion but I do feel a week 8 conference championship game brewing up!
Gonna be a great game.

Hgalum50

bear for life

Rison better not look over Hampton

Risonwildcat212

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: bear for life on October 07, 2017, 01:58:41 pm
Rison better not look over Hampton
After the Strong game and Coach Tottys reaction to how they played, I don't think they will overlook anyone again.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 07, 2017, 07:55:02 am
This. Will. Not. Be. A. Close. Game.
Grove by as many as they want (and since it's the Cubs it'll probably be by 50)

For Bearden, the need for skilled player/s to step up is now, and help Berry carry the ball. From listening to the radio Friday night, The receiving core struggled to gain separation v. PC, and when they did, couldn't make the connection (for the most part). This is a much better Bearden passing team, than they have been showing as of late, and until this passing team hit's on all cylinders, everyone will load the box. Really missing a dominate RB that can pound you. Couldn't tell much about the line from the radio, but they have to a better job at the LOS.   That's all.....

Bearden get's it done in Bearden   +8  Bill Manning trophy staying in Bearden this year.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 08, 2017, 10:00:34 am
For Bearden, the need for skilled player/s to step up is now, and help Berry carry the ball. From listening to the radio Friday night, The receiving core struggled to gain separation v. PC, and when they did, couldn't make the connection (for the most part). This is a much better Bearden passing team, than they have been showing as of late, and until this passing team hit's on all cylinders, everyone will load the box. Really missing a dominate RB that can pound you. Couldn't tell much about the line from the radio, but they have to a better job at the LOS.   That's all.....

Bearden get's it done in Bearden   +8  Bill Manning trophy staying in Bearden this year.
You basically just contradicted your pick! HG by 12

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 08, 2017, 10:04:06 am
You basically just contradicted your pick! HG by 12

No, these things are an observation only. This team knows what's wrong, and if they make some adjustments, they will prevail. No contradiction there! CHG has had a bumpy ride too, so I go with the home team.   

bear for life

If Bearden can there issues out this will be and great game to watch if they don't harmony grove will attack them

Hgalum50

From what I have seen stop Berry stop Bearden. I like Berry. He is a good kid and football player but the players around him really need to produce. I say HG because of all the weapons!

dawgpound

Berry should have made the move to Hampton

bear for life

Come to Hampton lol yall can't control yall program he's and great kid besides yall got our 3rd string corner starting for yall guess that's the best yall have

The Beast Of 08

I keep seeing other teams get brought into this conversation.
Hampton you already got your butt whooping so stay out of it.
Rison yours is coming so wait your turn.
This is about Grove and Bearden.
Grove 56
Bearden 12

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on October 08, 2017, 02:21:46 pm
Grove 56
Bearden 12

What's your record slick? Really, dial it down.

old.dole

Going to make things interesting this week if Bearden knocks off hg and Pc plays rison tough

Hgalum50

Grove 56
Bearden 12
Man Idk about all that!

bulldawg2016

Quote from: bear for life on October 08, 2017, 01:49:55 pm
Come to Hampton lol yall can't control yall program he's and great kid besides yall got our 3rd string corner starting for yall guess that's the best yall have

Talk about our program!! lol y'all only scored 8 points on PC!!

HG Hornet

I have friends and family in Bearden so I don't want to make a bunch of bold statements and run the Bears down.  I'll just say I think the Hornets win by two scores and leave it at that. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 08, 2017, 04:14:34 pm
I have friends and family in Bearden so I don't want to make a bunch of bold statements and run the Bears down.  I'll just say I think the Hornets win by two scores and leave it at that.
Quit being soft Hornet lol

Risonwildcat212

Grove 56
Bearden 12
CHG might beat Rison, it could happen, but I would like to point out just for you that since 2001, Rison is 13-3 vs CHG with 9 of 13 being 2 or more score victories in favor of the cats.

old.dole

Rison probably has similar records against everyone that they play

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: old.dole on October 08, 2017, 04:21:58 pm
Rison probably has similar records against everyone that they play
Everyone in the current 8-2A is very similar yes.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 08, 2017, 04:20:07 pm
CHG might beat Rison, it could happen, but I would like to point out just for you that since 2001, Rison is 13-3 vs CHG with 9 of 13 being 2 or more score victories in favor of the cats.
In all seriousness, you're 100% correct and we know that beating Rison is a rare occurrence at CHG.  Our Hornets are scrappy and we all predicted them beating Rison before they graduated.  If this years' team doesn't get it done, then it'll be a few more years as we won't play next year. 

Two years ago, we had just beaten Prescott in Prescott and came to Rison expecting to win.  We had you guys scared late in the 4th quarter until our QB fumbled going into the  end zone and a Wildcat defender scooped it up and took it back deep into Hornet territory.  Wildcats scored and put it away 29-20.  We knew we were capable of beating Rison after that game.  Last years' game, we were determined to get it done and should have, but I'll end that statement here.

Beating Rison is big for any team, and that's a compliment in itself.  The Hornets feel like they should have won both of the past two meetings had they made just a few more plays go their way.  We'll see how it plays out in a couple of weeks, but next up for us is Bearden and the goal is to keep the Bill Manning Trophy another year.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 08, 2017, 04:14:34 pm

With the way the Bears have been playing I think that is a reasonable expectation!

HG Hornet

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 08, 2017, 05:21:23 pm
With the way the Bears have been playing I think that is a reasonable expectation!
I gotcha Cousin.  :)

Monsta

Quote from: Yogi bear on October 07, 2017, 09:41:38 am
Wouldn't say pushed Jc for a half cause if I recall berry had less then 50 yards on the ground and maybe 130 through the air

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 08, 2017, 05:14:33 pm
In all seriousness, you're 100% correct and we know that beating Rison is a rare occurrence at CHG.  Our Hornets are scrappy and we all predicted them beating Rison before they graduated.  If this years' team doesn't get it done, then it'll be a few more years as we won't play next year. 

Two years ago, we had just beaten Prescott in Prescott and came to Rison expecting to win.  We had you guys scared late in the 4th quarter until our QB fumbled going into the  end zone and a Wildcat defender scooped it up and took it back deep into Hornet territory.  Wildcats scored and put it away 29-20.  We knew we were capable of beating Rison after that game.  Last years' game, we were determined to get it done and should have, but I'll end that statement here.

Beating Rison is big for any team, and that's a compliment in itself.  The Hornets feel like they should have won both of the past two meetings had they made just a few more plays go their way.  We'll see how it plays out in a couple of weeks, but next up for us is Bearden and the goal is to keep the Bill Manning Trophy another year.
As a Rison fan I'm humbled by your words, honestly. But......I really was just poking "The Beast". I don't trash talk, I was just trying to be funny.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 08, 2017, 05:35:42 pm
As a Rison fan I'm humbled by your words, honestly. But......I really was just poking "The Beast". I don't trash talk, I was just trying to be funny.
You alright! I enjoyed playing Rison and I enjoy watching HG playing Rison it is always a very physical game!

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Hgalum50 on October 08, 2017, 07:16:23 pm
You alright! I enjoyed playing Rison and I enjoy watching HG playing Rison it is always a very physical game!
I love playing CHG. Many around here think of the Hornets as our 2nd rival behind Fordyce.

Hgalum50

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 08, 2017, 08:26:19 pm
I love playing CHG. Many around here think of the Hornets as our 2nd rival behind Fordyce.
That's the first time I've heard that one! When I was playing HG and Bearden and HG and Smackover were big games for us in HG.

Yogi bear

Quote from: Monsta on October 08, 2017, 05:28:56 pm
Wouldn't say pushed Jc for a half cause if I recall berry had less then 50 yards on the ground and maybe 130 through the air
If I remember correctly the halftime score was 20 20 that's why I said for a half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas