• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood @ AHS

Started by Pr8hd, September 17, 2017, 10:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 22, 2017, 10:45:26 am
I've got a ham and cheese omelette at one of Fort Smith Premiere breakfast places that says that your posts will be cut by two-thirds next year.
Cheddar please. Bet....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Quote from: AHS06 on September 17, 2017, 08:22:26 pm
I would feel more comfortable with El Dorado to open conference play.   Our kids play them every year starting in the 7th grade.   We're more familiar and it's a lil ole school rivalry.   

Greenwood comes in rolling as usual and this will only be our 2nd meeting.   We will be more athletic and have more speed which will go to our advantage.  We haven't produced much of a rushing attack this season and that is critical to hang with GW.  Our offense isn't prepared for a shootout.  If we are able to establish some drives in the first half and keep our defense off the field the game will be a toss up.   However,  if GW jump on us early it'll be a long night for the Hogs.

Do you have a lot of return players?   or are you a fairly young team?   

AHS06

Quote from: PrivateLesson on September 22, 2017, 11:17:20 am
Do you have a lot of return players?   or are you a fairly young team?
We only have about 5 seniors on the team and new systems due to new head coach.  We will be better close to end of the season.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: AHS06 on September 22, 2017, 12:27:42 pm
We only have about 5 seniors on the team and new systems due to new head coach.  We will be better close to end of the season.

That's not bad.   It's always a good thing to be better towards the end of the season.   Coaching changes can and do take some time. 

ricepig

Quote from: AHS06 on September 22, 2017, 12:27:42 pm

Wow, didn't like the new coach, system, too tough? Usually you see an uptick in squad size when you make a new hire, interesting.....

AHS06

Quote from: ricepig on September 22, 2017, 02:47:23 pm
Wow, didn't like the new coach, system, too tough? Usually you see an uptick in squad size when you make a new hire, interesting.....
Oh NO!  I believe Coach Norton is doing a great job with the team and program.  We are still a fairly young team and it will take some time for the kids to see the system through.  Arkansas High will get tougher as the season goes on and the kids keep getting more and more quality reps.

Hogman2018

He means we have only 5 seniors starting we have alot more seniors than that!! Our junior class is really good

Bigfootdogfan

I wouldn't advise teams to select AHS as their homecoming opponent next year when they move down to 5A. I expect a tough game tonight. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 22, 2017, 03:37:36 pm
He means we have only 5 seniors starting we have alot more seniors than that!! Our junior class is really good

Ok, he said 5 on the team and you said 5 starting, two different things, haha. That's still a low number starting, but it does happen.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 22, 2017, 03:44:40 pm
I wouldn't advise teams to select AHS as their homecoming opponent next year when they move down to 5A. I expect a tough game tonight. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!
+1

Texarkana_Piggie

this junior class went undefeated from 7-9th grades.  then got to jv and they took a lot and put them on varsity under ledford and the wheels came off.  but our junior class is very talented. 

AHS06

GW faithful made the trip.

Texarkana_Piggie

They did!  Impressive crowd from GW.

Texarkana_Piggie

17-13 Hogs with 1:19 to go in half

Bigfootdogfan

Dogs in a Hog fight, I knew this was going to be a tough game. Our Off looks asleep but I give credit to AHS def for putting pressure on our QB. We will have to step up our game if we want to win this one.

Texarkana_Piggie

well, the second half is not being kind to the hogs.  31-17 dogs.  we have had two unnecessary personal foul penalties.  dumb penalties.  should have never happened.  i understand playing with emotion, but you have to still play smart.  that wasn't it.

Pr8hd

September 22, 2017, 09:12:57 pm #66 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:15:12 pm by Pr8hd
AHS has played well , but Dogs did not execute well at all in 1st half they forgot just because they were playing the Razorbacks they did not have to play like the college Razorbacks. 

GW executing much better this half and have made some adjustments. AHS will be put too test now, as they are going thru a scoring spurt.  AHS needs an answer here or GW will push on the accelerator

Texarkana_Piggie

they have played a good game.  i was proud of the boys.  i taught a couple of them out there making plays when they were in kindergarten. 

Pr8hd

1st TD catch by #2 would make OBJ jealous.....

AHS06

The Hogs are killing themselves now.  That's the difference in the game.  Costly penalties and mental mistakes giving GW short field.

Texarkana_Piggie

that was Irijah Price.  he is a junior.  excellent athlete.  i taught his big brother who played for has a last year...Dre Taylor. 

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on September 22, 2017, 09:24:42 pm
The Hogs are killing themselves now.  That's the difference in the game.  Costly penalties and mental mistakes giving GW short field.

exactly.  can't play against the other team and yourself. 

Texarkana_Piggie

38-17 dogs. Final. Good game

Pr8hd

September 22, 2017, 09:44:59 pm #73 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 09:49:53 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: AHS06 on September 22, 2017, 09:24:42 pm

GW came out and executed in the second half. That was REALLY the difference IMO from a GW perspective. The AHS penalties just exacerbated that. AHS offense was all but shut down in the second half after gashing the Bulldogs in the 1st. 

Nice game Hogs, best of luck the rest of the way.

Pr8hd

September 22, 2017, 09:51:39 pm #74 Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:04:47 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on September 22, 2017, 09:25:57 pm
that was Irijah Price.  he is a junior.  excellent athlete.  i taught his big brother who played for has a last year...Dre Taylor. 

Kid is a baller....Hogs going to be a load to handle in 5A

Man it is hard to root against the Razorbacks seeing the logos, hearing the band, and the fact that they are the Arkansas Razorbacks.... ;D

Bigfootdogfan

AHS gave the Dogs all they wanted the first half. Their def seemed to wear down the second half and the penalties hurt them but like I said after watching them against Texas High I knew their def was tough. Good game, GW needed to be pushed like that to help them improve. Our goal this week was to go 1-0, achieved. Now on to our old foe from El Droado. Good luck to the Hogs the rest of the season.

AHS06

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 22, 2017, 09:53:45 pm
AHS gave the Dogs all they wanted the first half. Their def seemed to wear down the second half and the penalties hurt them but like I said after watching them against Texas High I knew their def was tough. Good game, GW needed to be pushed like that to help them improve. Our goal this week was to go 1-0, achieved. Now on to our old foe from El Droado. Good luck to the Hogs the rest of the season.
+1

rona

Well Said. Defense and O Line came alive in 2nd half. Wood stepped up as usual!

AHS06

Great game Hogs!  You were leading GW midway through the 3rd quarter holding them to only 16 points for the first time this season.  The kickoff fumble inside our 10 hurt, the following kickoff mental breakdown at our 3 yard line, and the many costly penalties kept GW in Razorback territory.  As mentioned before the game NO ONE will want to see the Hogs later this season. 

GW faithful be safe on the road and get prepared for another test next week.  A lot of you were staying the night and riding on to Dallas tomorrow to cheer on the big Hogs.   

The Future

Great game Hogs.

Bruins, Airedales, Yellow Jackets, Pioneers, Warriors. Y'all be ready next season.
The Razorbacks will come to fight

High Voltage

Man I am impresses with AHS, they are very talented. The Dogs tonight looked bad on both sides of the ball in the first half. But Ole Rick righted the ship.

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on September 22, 2017, 10:51:28 pm
Great game Hogs.

Bruins, Airedales, Yellow Jackets, Pioneers, Warriors. Y'all be ready next season.
The Razorbacks will come to fight
+1

hogsanddogs

The Razorback live stream and announcers were awesome! Saw some clips today.  Very impressive stadium. Visitor side is bigger than our home side and very very nice!

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 22, 2017, 09:51:39 pm
Kid is a baller....Hogs going to be a load to handle in 5A

Man it is hard to root against the Razorbacks seeing the logos, hearing the band, and the fact that they are the Arkansas Razorbacks.... ;D

the original razorbacks.  :)

Hogman2018

Hey Greenwood fans yall have an outstanding football team and program! Thats what every program wishes they could be. VERY CLASSY people and yall know ur football! Everyone has one bad apple and bulldogger is one big idiot that yall have but wont hold him against yall! GOOD LUCK rest of the year

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas