• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where would you live?

Started by Kazimierz, April 25, 2014, 05:41:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breitontime

Arizona, no. Vegas, yes. Have been contemplating a move to Vegas for some time.

The difference in a place with hummidity, like Arkansas, and a place like Florida, the beach, and all of the wonderful, scantily clad women that come along with it, as well as a "cold winter day" being one that drops below 60°.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Valleysports on April 30, 2014, 12:15:00 pm
Quote from: devil_kid on April 29, 2014, 11:23:02 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on April 29, 2014, 12:22:06 am
Alabama Summers?  :o

Daphne is on the coast... plenty of water to keep cool, late night breeze making cooler nights... I think it hardly ever gets over 90 in Daphne that's not too hot for me.... just because you and Sterling don't like hot weather doesn't mean everybody agrees :P

Sterling?  Why do you assume I don't like hot weather?  100-110 F, right here in Arkansas, is great.  The more humidity the better.  I chose to move to Arkansas, from Alaska, after looking at all these places.  Wife and I are currently thinking about picking up a winter home, on the gulf, though.

Heck I assumed you didn't fair well with a certain kind lol Maybe you've stepped out lately and gotten some of what Sterling has been getting!Lol

The Gulf is nice, maybe we'll run into each other there, hopefully there's no good rope around lol For my sakes!! Lol

Valleysports

devil_kid, we limit that to the political forum.  Do yourself a favor and don't look to X or H as role models, unless you too want to end up 50 yrs old and alone.  As for the topic, I've been to the Gulf many times.  Told you we need to get together - I'm flying over to Hunter (where ever that is) in 3 weeks.

Kazimierz

Quote from: Breitontime on April 30, 2014, 04:39:01 pm
Arizona, no. Vegas, yes. Have been contemplating a move to Vegas for some time.

The difference in a place with hummidity, like Arkansas, and a place like Florida, the beach, and all of the wonderful, scantily clad women that come along with it, as well as a "cold winter day" being one that drops below 60°.

True. And, sea humidity pushed along by a strong breeze is different from sitting in a rice field in Arkansas County.

I think the Texas Hill Country is nice. About 45min-1hr West Southwest of Austin. They are running into water shortages though.  In 45 years I wonder if people will slowly move back to the Midwest because of natural resources (water mainly).   AZ, CA, NV, TX, etc. cannot support this growing number of folks forever. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on April 30, 2014, 11:52:05 pm
devil_kid, we limit that to the political forum.  Do yourself a favor and don't look to X or H as role models, unless you too want to end up 50 yrs old and alone.  As for the topic, I've been to the Gulf many times.  Told you we need to get together - I'm flying over to Hunter (where ever that is) in 3 weeks.

Not much to see in Hunter, just a spot on the road.

Mr_Deb

Being alone doesn't scare me... being broke alone however does. Having said that I'll have to upgrade my life insurance to the premium package, which could take some time. I'm on call 24/7 and I'm extremely busy, why don't you just bother Xtreme he seems a cool chocolate guy with a death wish.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on May 01, 2014, 10:27:52 am

Oh but you know there is for me - lol.  Big pow wow on a duck lease. 

cuckoobird

Quote from: Valleysports on May 01, 2014, 03:03:26 pm

come a little farther south and west for some good hunting leases

ricepig

Woods?

Valleysports

Quote from: devil_kid on May 01, 2014, 12:06:46 pm

Being alone doesn't scare me... being broke alone however does. Having said that I'll have to upgrade my life insurance to the premium package, which could take some time. I'm on call 24/7 and I'm extremely busy, why don't you just bother Xtreme he seems a cool chocolate guy with a death wish.

Alone is not bad - being alone, 50, and divorced, good thing for women, usually not so good for man.   :-X

Valleysports

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 01, 2014, 03:06:56 pm

I'm not going just any where - it has quite the history....

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on May 01, 2014, 03:17:46 pm

Bill Beyers is the only club I know about in that area.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Valleysports on May 01, 2014, 03:16:05 pm

Alone is not bad - being alone, 50, and divorced, good thing for women

Depends on how much duct tape it takes to lift everything up where it was when they were 25.

Valleysports

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 01, 2014, 10:45:21 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on May 01, 2014, 03:16:05 pm

Alone is not bad - being alone, 50, and divorced, good thing for women

Depends on how much duct tape it takes to lift everything up where it was when they were 25.

I've come to the conclusion, that women are better off being single, later on, rather than being a nurse to a man.  What does a women need an grouchy old man for?  Not!  Obviously they just spend all their time on FF.   :-X 

Valleysports

May 01, 2014, 11:06:11 pm #64 Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:39:28 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: ricepig on May 01, 2014, 08:34:28 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on May 01, 2014, 03:17:46 pm

Bill Beyers is the only club I know about in that area.

Byers!  ;)

AirWarren

Passing through russvegas. Cjs. Ill give my opinion soon.

Valleysports

:D  Dang - sorry I'm not there AW.

AirWarren

Ha. It was good too. We floated the mulberry. Must say I'm ready to get out of the hillbilly world!

Breitontime

I'm living at Paper Moon tonight. Surprisingly good for a Sunday. Good enough to empty me of about $500 thus far.

DogsWin7

Cabo or an exotic isolated island....I live for sunshine and warm temps.  :)

cuckoobird

I'd live somewhere beside my mother's basement if I could  :'(

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 06, 2014, 08:55:16 pm

Wouldn't that require you to have to make your own sandwich?? :)

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 06, 2014, 08:59:24 pm

true, you have an extra room? lol

DogsWin7

Quote from: cuckoobird on May 06, 2014, 09:14:46 pm

In the basement of my beach house and I make great sandwiches.:)

Kazimierz

May 07, 2014, 08:24:28 am #74 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:27:24 am by Kazimierz
Seville. I was here about a year or so ago. Bull ring, cathedral, old city, near the coast, etc.

cuckoobird

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 07, 2014, 08:22:03 am
Quote from: cuckoobird on May 06, 2014, 09:14:46 pm

In the basement of my beach house and I make great sandwiches.:)
deal

Texarkana_Piggie

i think i could also live in alaska. 

Valleysports

It is a wonderful place to live, especially summers.  Winters are fun also, until you get older and the newness of playing in snow wears off.  It is the ultimate outdoors state.  But it's like living overseas, a long way from home.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on May 07, 2014, 07:11:37 pm

I knew you liked cold weather TP :)

I would be opposite and say I could live in Hawaii.    I'm glad there are many beautiful places in the world...it would be nice to try and see as many as possible.

Kazimierz

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 08, 2014, 12:34:25 am

I would be opposite and say I could live in Hawaii.    I'm glad there are many beautiful places in the world...it would be nice to try and see as many as possible.

An old friend of mine from my early 20s just gave me a call. His wife just got a job in........

Oahu, Hawaii.  Her office is in Pearl City. This is her work location -- although this is the view from the air, it shows her work area. 

Valleysports

We used to go to Maui every winter.  Hawaii, Arkansas, and the NW, stayed on our list of places to move too.  Have coworkers who live in Hawaii.  Like Alaska's white winters (btw people don't realize places in AK reach 100 degs in summer), after the newness of living on a tropical island wears off, many people start missing 4 seasons and not being isolated.  It too is like living overseas (actually is).  If you haven't been to Hawaii, you should know Carribean Beaches are much prettier - Hawaii Beaches are made from black lava.  Magnum PI's white beaches scenes (Maui) are man made beaches in Kaanapali.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on May 08, 2014, 08:49:32 am
We used to go to Maui every winter.  Hawaii, Arkansas, and the NW, stayed on our list of places to move too.  Have coworkers who live in Hawaii.  Like Alaska's white winters (btw people don't realize places in AK reach 100 degs in summer), after the newness of living on a tropical island wears off, many people start missing 4 seasons and not being isolated.  It too is like living overseas (actually is).  If you haven't been to Hawaii, you should know Carribean Beaches are much prettier - Hawaii Beaches are made from black lava.  Magnum PI's white beaches scenes (Maui) are man made beaches in Kaanapali.

I enjoyed Maui and if I was mega rich I'd keep a house there, but I couldn't live there 365.

Valleysports

Coworker - 22 yr old single girl - bought a $500,000 house on Kaui, last year. 

Kazimierz

Quote from: Valleysports on May 08, 2014, 12:24:41 pm

What do you do....

ricepig

I'm guessing she likes a change in seasons. What does $500,000 buy you on Maui these days?

Valleysports

May 08, 2014, 12:46:09 pm #85 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:51:41 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Kazimierz on May 08, 2014, 12:36:18 pm

What do you do....

LOL - you make the payments
!  Oh I'm on assisted living, don't leave home without my EBT card.  :)

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on May 08, 2014, 12:44:47 pm

I'm guessing she likes a change in seasons. What does $500,000 buy you on Maui these days?

Well the girl just got back from a 6 weeks long trip exploring Taiwan or somewhere, she's climbed Kilimanjaro, she's always on a trip around the world.  She grew up in Fairbanks.  Lot of Alaskans, snow bird - summers Alaska / Winters Hawaii, Arizona, some Florida.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Kazimierz on May 08, 2014, 08:32:56 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 08, 2014, 12:34:25 am

An old friend of mine from my early 20s just gave me a call. His wife just got a job in........

Oahu, Hawaii.  Her office is in Pearl City. This is her work location -- although this is the view from the air, it shows her work area. 

Nice view....yes, I could live there. 

Breitontime

Exceptionally affordable, nice and quiet, secluded. I'd love it for the winter months.

Uncle Ivan

She in a lucrative line of work?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on May 08, 2014, 12:50:17 pm
Quote from: ricepig on May 08, 2014, 12:44:47 pm

Well the girl just got back from a 6 weeks long trip exploring Taiwan or somewhere, she's climbed Kilimanjaro, she's always on a trip around the world.  She grew up in Fairbanks.  Lot of Alaskans, snow bird - summers Alaska / Winters Hawaii, Arizona, some Florida.

She single? I kid I kid...

Valleysports

Yes she's single - a looker too.  Guess I could set something up, the guy who catches that one will have it made.  The catch?  She has dogs  :-\

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on May 09, 2014, 06:13:51 pm

She in a lucrative line of work?

That one flew over some heads.

Valleysports

Breitontime

Valleysports

Sorry Bre - forgot all about you.  She like Duck Dynasty , so you have a head start on that...  And you played summer ball in Fairbanks, where she grew up - it's meant to be!

Breitontime

I may have met her at the Olympic Village. All the hotties made their way out to hang with the Goldpanners.

cuckoobird

True Believer

My idea of heaven.   Just had some panfried trout today. 

Valleysports

Quote from: True Believer on May 10, 2014, 07:22:40 pm

My idea of heaven.   Just had some panfried trout today.

That's the place - must be God's Country!  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas