• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duck Dynasty

Started by True Believer, July 06, 2012, 08:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

cav2012

Texarkana_Piggie

never have watched it. 

Breitontime

It's hilarious.

They live close to my grandparents.

bleudog

July 06, 2012, 09:29:46 pm #4 Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 09:19:41 pm by bleudog
None of the language has to get bleeped and every show ends with a prayer as the family is gathered around the table. 

I like it.

Here's a picture from the 1970 Junction City yearbook and a link to a few more:

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=67264.msg2598889#msg2598889

Eddie Goodson

Good stuff. Good folks. They're as down to earth as you could ever expect. You can just walk right in the warehouse and they'll greet you like they've known you forever. As long as you understand the show itself is pretty much scripted, you have no problems. That is except for Si. Willie told us Thursday that Si is what he is on and off camera. He said a couple weeks back he hid a camera in the meeting room for one of their meetings just to record Si. He said the stuff is hilarious.

CHSTigersFan

I realize some of it is scripted like the episode where they buy a winery, but it is still some FUNNY stuff!!!

Baitshop

Good, clean, wholesome fun....scripted but still an accurate depiction of their lives to a great extent, IMO....

Si is like that crazy, unfiltered uncle that we all have....love him...

True Believer

Is that what your nephews and nieces say about you Bait???   :)

Kazimierz

I think a big reason that people like it is because it allows us to look into a parallel universe and see what a bunch of idiots we would all be if we were rich.

I like the show... it is funny. I wish I could be them sometimes.... but I think my wife is happy that we are not them.

She says duck season is long enough as it is....

bleudog

Now here's something you don't see every day:

CLICK HERE

bleudog

July 07, 2012, 02:13:35 pm #11 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:22:53 am by bleudog
Quote from: Kazimierz on July 07, 2012, 01:50:48 pm
I think a big reason that people like it is because it allows us to look into a parallel universe and see what a bunch of idiots we would all be if we were rich.

I like the show... it is funny. I wish I could be them sometimes.... but I think my wife is happy that we are not them.

She says duck season is long enough as it is....

Phil just lives in Phil's world and does things Phil's way.  I'd think sometimes we all wish we had that kind of freedom.  I get the impression Phil would be the same whether he had a million in the bank or just a dollar in his pocket.

CLICK HERE

The oldest son, who I've not seen on the show, is a full-time minister and looks "normal" (however that's defined). ;)

CLICK HERE

DogsWin7

I stayed up till midnight last night watching the shows..........priceless, and at least they are not afraid to pray in front of millions.

Plan on buying you a truck there bleudog?  ;D  Hope there isn't a lot of smoke, like he used to get the honey from the bee hive! jk.  True, you don't see that auctioned everyday.

True Believer

They remind me of my brothers.  :)   I was just wondering if anyone else enjoyed it as much as I do.  I know it's scripted but they do so many things that just make me smile. 

In looks they remind me of ZZ Top and the theme song just adds to that. 

I love crazy Uncle Si.  And Miss Kay!  She's a good southern woman who rules the roost and Phil knows it.  :)

Eddie Goodson

I took my 11 yo nephew down to meet them Thursday. Jase and Willie wanted to keep him for football. Kid is 11 and 6 feet tall. Wille had to razz him for wearing the Razorback shirt.

True Believer

Great picture Eddie!

Eddie Goodson

This is one of the things that makes me watch them. They have a stack of these postcards paying beside the cash register. A&E made them to promote the show. The DC guys when through the whole stack of postcards and crossed off money and wrote faith in its place.

fastdrop

Some of them graduated from Harding College.

CathywithaC

Quote from: fastdrop on July 08, 2012, 10:05:48 pm
that's surprising.  Phil graduated from LA Tech--was Terry Bradshaw's predecessor as QB there.

True Believer

These are good people on this show.  I have yet to read where they are fake.  I have read as much as I can about them because I wanted to know their background.

They aren't fake.  They are the real deal.  Some of the snotty people in this world need to realize that they don't have to look or act a certain way to be real Christians.  I would love to shake their hands and tell them how much I enjoy their show.

They are smart and they know they get to express their beliefs on the show.   Smarter than a lot of college graduates that I know.  ANd I would much rather be around the Robertson's than those that look down their nose at people just because they don't dress or act like they think people should.  Or that they are smarter than others.  They are the people that keep other's from going to church.  Who wants to be around people with a cobb stuck up their hiney??

Can't wait for the next season.

bleudog

July 09, 2012, 07:49:39 am #20 Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:07:17 pm by bleudog
Quote from: CathywithaC on July 08, 2012, 10:20:11 pm
Quote from: fastdrop on July 08, 2012, 10:05:48 pm
that's surprising.  Phil graduated from LA Tech--was Terry Bradshaw's predecessor as QB there.

Phil left the Tech football team his senior year which opened up the QB spot for Terry. (Most folks who saw both play at the time acknowledge Terry had the stronger arm and probably would have taken the spot whether Phil was there or not.)   

Phil remained at Tech and received a Bachelors in Physical Education.  He taught at Junction City for a few years and continued to take classes at Tech earning a Masters in English Education.

I'm not sure the details, but Willie has some connection to ULM (possibly still referred to as NLU if and when he attended).

FD is probably referring to Alan.  Alan is on staff and the Robertsons are active in the White's Ferry Church of Christ.

http://www.wfrchurch.org/

Valleysports

Quote from: True Believer on July 09, 2012, 05:59:15 am
I would love to shake their hands and tell them how much I enjoy their show.

Well someone needs to let you know when they come to town, they've spoke in 1/2 the churches in Arkansas.  I know they've been to Russellville at least 3 times.  Phil is a good speaker.  I'll let you know when they come back, according to my sources Mrs Kay is speaking to Christian Women's Groups concerning taking Jesus, with them, to watch Magic Mike.

True Believer

Quote from: Valleysports on July 09, 2012, 09:53:20 am
Quote from: True Believer on July 09, 2012, 05:59:15 am
I would love to shake their hands and tell them how much I enjoy their show.

Well someone needs to let you know when they come to town, they've spoke in 1/2 the churches in Arkansas.  I know they've been to Russellville at least 3 times.  Phil is a good speaker.  I'll let you know when they come back, according to my sources Mrs Kay is speaking to Christian Women's Groups concerning taking Jesus, with them, to watch Magic Mike.

So glad you are perfect.  Be sure to show everyone your nail marks in your hands and feet.

Baitshop

Quote from: True Believer on July 07, 2012, 11:21:01 am
Is that what your nephews and nieces say about you Bait???   :)

If it tells you anything.....I'm considered the refined one in my family....

True Believer

Just kidding ya!  Anyone who travels to the Big Apple has to be refined.  :)

lizard talker

Love the show , Love the Characters, would love to know the cast.

As for me and my house ; we will serve the LORD .

Valleysports

Brand new season starts sometime this week - were did I see that?  They sent me a poster, which I hung in my duck blind.  ;D

Eddie Goodson

Just got home from going down there to the warehouse to get me some more Phil's Meat Marinade. Best meat marinade I have ever used. they were all pretty bowed up getting out a big order.

AirWarren

I think it's awesome they made so much money doing something they love.

However I hate seeing all the rednecks running around with their stupid mock beards.

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: Valleysports on September 20, 2012, 02:22:10 pm
Brand new season starts sometime this week - were did I see that?  They sent me a poster, which I hung in my duck blind.  ;D
The new season starts 10 Oct. '12

bleudog

September 22, 2012, 08:16:19 am #30 Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:35:15 am by bleudog
Willie was at the Baylor-NLULM game last night for the coin flip. I believe he's an Indian/Warhawk alumnus.

True Believer

DogsWin7

It's almost here!!!!!!!

True Believer

DogsWin7

I like Uncle Si but I like Willie too! ;D    They all are crazy funny!  Love it! 

DogsWin7

Loved the new episodes. 

Makes me want to get a pink Lawnmower........ ;D

Valleysports

I saw 3 old episodes last night - twice.  The girl got the boyfriend, the Bee Hive, and the girl learning to drive through a course of decoys (hadn't seen that one before, thought I'd seen em all).  Pink Lawnmower?

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on October 11, 2012, 02:47:23 pm
I saw 3 old episodes last night - twice.  The girl got the boyfriend, the Bee Hive, and the girl learning to drive through a course of decoys (hadn't seen that one before, thought I'd seen em all).  Pink Lawnmower?

They raced jazzed up Lawnmowers on one of the new episodes.  Those things went upwards to 80 miles an hour!  It was awesome!

Lions84

Good Clean Fun but the wife can't stand them.

True Believer

fastdrop

Quote from: Lions84 on October 12, 2012, 11:08:47 am
Good Clean Fun but the wife can't stand them.
me either ... worst show on tv

True Believer

They act like you FD.  :)

CHSTigersFan

This is THE only reality show I watch, don't have to worry about beeping stuff out. I watch it every Wednesday night plus any other time I catch it one. My wife enjoys it, and I can watch it with my 5 year old son.

I wish they would come speak somewhere close to Ft. Smith I would love to meet them and hear them speak

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on November 17, 2012, 12:48:36 pm
yea but they get paid for it.... I am jealous. Hacks me off bunch of redneck goofy morons getting paid... hey... I was working in the dark in a not so good area of WM last night on an old car with a redneck brother of mine with gun shots going off around me. Get those cameras to WM and nobody would watch duck dynasty anymore.

CHSTigersFan

Quote from: fastdrop on November 22, 2012, 09:43:35 am
Quote from: True Believer on November 17, 2012, 12:48:36 pm
yea but they get paid for it.... I am jealous. Hacks me off bunch of redneck goofy morons getting paid... hey... I was working in the dark in a not so good area of WM last night on an old car with a redneck brother of mine with gun shots going off around me. Get those cameras to WM and nobody would watch duck dynasty anymore.
I try to stay away from the not so good area WalMarts lol!!

Valleysports

Word on the street (that means my DD's boyfriend) - Robinson's will be in Stuggart Saturday, for the Stuggart Duck Calling Festival..

good times

The duck commander hunts about a half mile from my house (as the crow flies) every year. If you don't like their show you are way to serious about things.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Valleysports on November 22, 2012, 08:09:35 pm
Word on the street (that means my DD's boyfriend) - Robinson's will be in Stuggart Saturday, for the Stuggart Duck Calling Festival..

I heard the same thing.   Love Duck Dynasty!!! 

True Believer

Eddie Goodson

I went to the warehouse again yesterday. I was shocked at the number of people they have had to hire. There was at least 40 cars on the lot of workers. They are so busy it is unreal.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas