• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

U of A coach

Started by cardfaninsouthark, May 05, 2015, 06:21:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pdj

Christa Williams, the lady is sharp and has been a student and player of the game for several years.  No matter who they hire, please don't let the person that hired the last two pitching coaches make the decision

500 hitter

Some times the coach has to hire who his boss tells them to. And they still get the ax for failure.

pdj

http://www.uiltexas.org/softball/playoff-brackets 

One reason so many coaches recruit Texas, a numbers game.  Numbers plus a long fastpitch tradition in the Houston and DFW metro areas. 

In Arkansas I have seen talented and dedicated players with a very supportive fan/parental base. Patience,until the fastpitch culture is more established.   

Rivalshog

Quote from: LowerAR on May 08, 2015, 08:56:39 am
On a roster of 28, Anderson has 6 girls from AR, 2 of those were red shirts. He is worse than Larabee. I know it is easier to recruit out of TX, but I thought that was why we had AR Schools. You Know to help AR kids. Why can't in state schools put out effort to go after in state kids, it is cheaper for kids and schools. Why does it seem our kids go out of state and other states kids come here? Then wonder why there are no supporters at the game. To add to that he straight out lied to us, told us on a visit that he thought that he would have a place for my DD, but could not be sure as he had to many girls on the roster and he could not make any offers until summer, then committed 3 girls from TX & OK that weekend and several more since then. All you have to say is that you don't want her or she is not at the top of your list, but don't lie. I know he came in a pretty tough spot, you know a defending GAC Championship Team, but if this is how he conducts business, we want no part. Sounds to me like Anderson is about TX girls the way Larabee was about Midwest girls. I hope that U of A officials are smarter than that.       
no you recruit the best kids you can to win no matter whatever state.  Softball is pretty weak in Arkansas

blueandwhite

Some of you sound like typical parents. Let's be realistic here, the state of Arkansas is not a hotbed for softball. There are only 5 girls from Arkansas on SEC softball rosters, and they are all on UofA. Looking at other div 1 schools, that states border Arkansas, I could only find 1 other girl playing D-I and she is at SEMO.

So quit whining about keeping home state talent home, because there is no talent here.

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: blueandwhite on May 20, 2015, 02:35:48 pm
Some of you sound like typical parents. Let's be realistic here, the state of Arkansas is not a hotbed for softball. There are only 5 girls from Arkansas on SEC softball rosters, and they are all on UofA. Looking at other div 1 schools, that states border Arkansas, I could only find 1 other girl playing D-I and she is at SEMO.

So quit whining about keeping home state talent home, because there is no talent here.

There is talent,  just not enough to compete in the SEC.  D1 in other conferences...

True Fan

There has been and there will be in-state talent. Whoever the new coach is should be able to identify it and recruit it accordingly. I don't expect UA to be all Arkansas at softball any more than I would at any other sport. Recruit and sign the kids to win. Larabee did that when he signed Beasley. But, he missed some others. That's all I ask. Don't let a good one slip through the cracks. Same goes for all of the other in-state colleges. They don't owe Arkansas girls anything. If the player is good enough and wants to go to a school, get on their radar and get yourself a chance to earn their recruitment. If they're aren't interested, get over it and move on. Find a place that needs you.

My oldest played D-2 ball. She was on a full academic ride. She picked the school and walked on. If you can play, it's amazing how easy it is to get to go to practice and show what you've got. My youngest graduates tomorrow. She has narrowed her academic choices down to two in-state schools. She also will be on a full academic scholarship. I hoping that she will walk on and I'll get a few more years chasing this crazy game.

softballjunkie1985

Lets see, there is a kid going to Alabama, Oregon, 2 to Tulsa, Louisiana Monroe, Missouri...thats the ones that I know of....guess Arkansas players suck...lol

blueandwhite

Quote from: Runfastturnleft on May 20, 2015, 03:05:06 pm

There is talent,  just not enough to compete in the SEC.  D1 in other conferences...

Where is the talent? I forgot about the other two other two D-I programs in the state (like a typical razorback fan). UCA, who went to regionals this year, only has 4 in-state players and one of them is the coaches daughter. UAPB has 5 players from the state.

Compared to Alabama, Auburn, and South Alabama who all are top 25 programs and made regionals, they have 30 in state players between the three.

My point is that there is not much div I talent here in the state. Even if you keep every recruit in the state, you will not be able to compete at the D-I level

Lionheart88

UAPB has three signed from White Hall coming in the fall.  Could be others from Arkansas schools I don't know about.

3sportkid

Quote from: softballjunkie1985 on May 20, 2015, 04:43:16 pm

And you forgot our good friend who was at Memphis and now Utah State

Lets see, there is a kid going to Alabama, Oregon, 2 to Tulsa, Louisiana Monroe, Missouri...thats the ones that I know of....guess Arkansas players suck...lol

softballjunkie1985

Absolutely, I was referring to this year and next...there are a lots of really good players around at all levels around here.

City

Softballjunkie1985 don't you even talk about the player going to Mizzou when you said she had a bad attitude. She is a good athlete and she is the top ranked student in her class. Keep your comments to yourself and leave this kid out of it bc you most likely do not even know her. Braxton has a wonderful attitude and plays with a lot of passion for this game. You need to just smile when you watch her on TV next year and you sit your fat butt behind a computer making comments nobody cares about.

softballjunkie1985

Quote from: City on May 20, 2015, 09:25:33 pm
Softballjunkie1985 don't you even talk about the player going to Mizzou when you said she had a bad attitude. She is a good athlete and she is the top ranked student in her class. Keep your comments to yourself and leave this kid out of it bc you most likely do not even know her. Braxton has a wonderful attitude and plays with a lot of passion for this game. You need to just smile when you watch her on TV next year and you sit your fat butt behind a computer making comments nobody cares about.

Learn to read dude, I said Larabee said she had a bad attitude, that is a fact as reported to me directly from several sources including d1 college coaches.

softballjunkie1985

Quote from: softballjunkie1985 on May 11, 2015, 06:35:25 pm
Quote from: Runfastturnleft on May 11, 2015, 02:36:08 pm
Quote from: LowerAR on May 11, 2015, 01:32:06 pm
Quote from: Runfastturnleft on May 11, 2015, 12:59:38 pm
Anderson isn't the answer at the U of A.   Too many red flags.   If you look you can find them.   

On the issue of Arkansas kids at Arkansas... Be rational.   Arkansas is not a hotbed of division one talent.  Look at the population.   All these other schools have a larger home state population to recruit from.   Yes,  there are some really good players in Arkansas,  but not enough to fill a d1 roster top to bottom and compete in the Sec.   Just facts...
You are right to a point, we have the talent, just not the girls with the grades and the ACT's to fill a D1 program, but like I said the seconds in TX, OK, MO and TN are not better than the top picks in AR. If you continue to take the second tier talent from other states do you think you are going to be successful. When you have a good program going then you might start to draw top talent from other states, but until then, nope. That my friend is rational thought, not thinking your going to draw the top pitcher from TX. Besides, it only takes 9.   

We can agree to disagree then.  TX and OK are top recruiting beds, not Arkansas.  If that was the case, then other schools around the country would be swooping in to take those "top tier" kids from Arkansas and fill their roster and shove it in the face of the U of A...is that happening currently?  The only ones that really come to mind are Kendrick who is going to Bama and Jill Barrett (SIC), who went to Tulsa and had a great career.  Name some other ARKANSAS kids that were recruited to go out of state and make it big...

And it takes more than nine.  Competition inside the program brings out the best in players.  You better have some back ups pushing for playing time and getting some game experience or you will be screwed when it comes to crunch time.

Jill wasnt offered by Arkansas, Andrea was offered early as a hitter then as a pitcher and hitter...Arkansas never had a chance at Kindrick her dream school was Alabama from day 1. As far as other top tier talent Braxton Burnside is going to Mizzou..Larabee didnt offer, didnt like her attitude...Madi Bishop is going to Oregon...I would say those two programs are top notch.

I quoted it for you, show me where I said she had a bad attitude??

City

You said didn't like her attitude and you were referring to Larabee. He is a has been and she wants to go to a college that can win a college world series. Braxton plays with everything she has with what she has to work with which is a lot of great athletes. Yo nu are a total moron and she laughs at your comments about her I am sure. You wish you knew her I am sure but EVERYONE KNOWS YOU DON'T SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH....

softballjunkie1985

Quote from: City on May 20, 2015, 09:58:57 pm
You said didn't like her attitude and you were referring to Larabee. He is a has been and she wants to go to a college that can win a college world series. Braxton plays with everything she has with what she has to work with which is a lot of great athletes. Yo nu are a total moron and she laughs at your comments about her I am sure. You wish you knew her I am sure but EVERYONE KNOWS YOU DON'T SO SHUT YOUR MOUTH....

I dont get you, you must be a idiot, Ii have done nothing but compliment her and infer Larabee was a idiot for not doing everything he can do to get her..you are a total freaking moron

softballjunkie1985

Quote from: City on May 20, 2015, 09:58:57 pm

Where did I say I knew her, I have seen her play,definitely big time player thats why I stated Larabee was a idiot for not getting her...freaking moron

City

Now you want to say you compliment her. Shut your mouth you idiot. She knows you said she had a bad attitude and you can't retract it so just go away and shut your fat butt up. Braxton does her talking on the field and she can be cocky because she backs it up.

softballjunkie1985

Quote from: City on May 20, 2015, 10:06:52 pm
Now you want to say you compliment her. Shut your mouth you idiot. She knows you said she had a bad attitude and you can't retract it so just go away and shut your fat butt up. Braxton does her talking on the field and she can be cocky because she backs it up.

Again Idiot, I said Larabee didnt offer because HE didnt like her attitude...I know ypu must be dumb but please learn to read..

softballjunkie1985

Quote from: City on May 20, 2015, 10:06:52 pm

You must be some dumb little 10 yr old baby brother who really hasnt learn to read, anybody that reads this board knows what I said and meant, your trying to start something thats not even there...go back in your little hole and shut up!!

Runfastturnleft

don't know the Burnside kid personally,  but watching her as a casual softball guy,  she has that confident, hyper competitive attitude about her that some great players have.   She has confidence in her game and she should.   She is  legit SEC plqyer

Heat13

For the record...I spoke with Junkie at 7A state about Arkansas situation...Arkansas kids going to Arkansas....Arkansas kids not going to Arkansas, etc....

He was nothing but complimentary about Brax

softballjunkie1985

Thanks Heat, you didn't have to do that..some people will say whatever. I would  never talk poorly about any player on here...Mike made a mistake and he probably knows that now..I like players with a little swag as you and I talked about...will see you in a couple weeks in Tulsa..be safe!

500 hitter

Lotta love out there...

blueandwhite

Quote from: softballjunkie1985 on May 20, 2015, 04:43:16 pm

Did all these girls sign this year, and will be on the respective campuses in the fall?

softballjunkie1985

The Alabama kid, the 2 Tulsa kids will be there in August..The Missouri kid and ULM are 2016 kids I believe and the Oregon kid will also be there in August.

backatyou

Panthers44

Are any of the 2015 recruits to Arkansas backing out because of coach leaving?

Runfastturnleft

Quote from: backatyou on May 30, 2015, 10:30:18 pm
Any rumors yet?

supposedly have a hire in place by early next week.   Rumor has it.   

nmyeyes

Maybe this will be a great Hire. To all the parents on here that are hoping for a D-1 scholarship, That is great but make sure your kid goes somewhere they can get a great education and be happy!!!!!!!. D-1, D-2, NAIA it doesn't matter one bit. If you win You will enjoy being where you are. I had one play NAIA and Loved Winning. If you can get 4 or 5 really good ones at the same place at one time you have a chance to win. Winning makes it fun. After 4 years of playing most are done anyway, so get the education, most of us paid enough for two or three educations traveling all over the US watching them play. D-1 is not that bing of a deal unless you Win at that level. Then it's a big deal. 

True Fan

Amen Blue. My baby is headed to the all star game in the morning. She HSS a workout scheduled at the D2 school that she decided on academically. She will walk on and play for fun. The cost is covered academically, so all of the work is purely for the love of the game.

NEASPORTSFAN

Congrats. If she's happy that's what really matters.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas