• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas College Showcase

Started by keybovie, March 13, 2014, 03:05:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

keybovie

March 13, 2014, 03:05:11 pm Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:00:11 pm by keybovie
Due to the overwhelming requests and the success of last fall's Arkansas College Showcase, Arkansas Xtreme is excited to announce that they will be hosting the Arkansas Summer College Showcase.  Please mark your calendar for July 19th and 20th and check back often for updates.

For additional information or to register early, please contact Jack Harmon at 501.679.1517

BIG_K

Were any kids offered scholarships as a result of this Fundraiser/Showcase, Just Curious.

SoftballMom

I know that some kids were talked to by college coaches that pulled them to the side.

BBRB

Quote from: BIG_K on March 14, 2014, 01:20:55 pm
Were any kids offered scholarships as a result of this Fundraiser/Showcase, Just Curious.
There actually were several....Not that they just walk up cold and offer but it was just a part of the get aquainted process...Whether starting a dialog or sealing a deal...And everything in between

keybovie

Quote from: BIG_K on March 14, 2014, 01:20:55 pm

Unfortunately, we have no way of following up with all of the participants to determine if this particular showcase contributed to their success.  I can tell you that players will not get "noticed" unless they are seen, either in person or on video.  This showcase simply provides an opportunity for coaches to watch a lot of talent in one weekend, in one park.  During the fall showcase (our first showcase) 14 colleges were represented, we hope to bring in many more this summer - stay tuned.

BIG_K

I guess the proof will be shown in how many coaches come back again this year. :)

superrealtor

My girls got noticed by a coach at this tournament, and ended up signing with that school a couple months later. They will be playing college softball next fall. Very good tournament

BIG_K

Good to hear, I talked to a parent of one team that played in it last year and was told no coaches were at their games. I quote "A waste of time and money". Was told coaches mostly were at the extreme games.

superrealtor

I saw coaches at all the 18u games. all day on Saturday. Sunday, not so much, but all day on Saturday. I did not see any watching 16u either day. As far as a Showcase tournament I thought it was very good if you daughter is wanting to go in state. If you are looking for out of state you might want Tulsa or Kansas City in the fall.

backatyou

Will this tournament happen again this year?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas