• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City vs Booneville

Started by CounterPunch, September 08, 2012, 02:04:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fan

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 09:57:28 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on September 10, 2012, 09:55:51 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 09:51:47 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on September 10, 2012, 09:49:31 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 09:43:51 pm
This is a football message board. I'm on a 2 inch wide cell phone, and grammar is the least of my concerns. How is your team doing?
Then why bring up a phantom masters degree?
It's not phantom, and I did not bring it up. Someone else started that when they asked why I was not on the board in a while. At that point I said I was in school, and when asked "for what?" I simply said working on a masters.
Not the way I remember it originally coming up.
Well that is how it started. I don't just say I had a masters one day for the fun of it.
Well you did, but it goes back to last year when you talked a lot of sheet.  I'm sure others remember.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Big Fan on September 10, 2012, 10:02:36 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 09:57:28 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on September 10, 2012, 09:55:51 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 09:51:47 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on September 10, 2012, 09:49:31 pm
Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 09:43:51 pm
This is a football message board. I'm on a 2 inch wide cell phone, and grammar is the least of my concerns. How is your team doing?
Then why bring up a phantom masters degree?
It's not phantom, and I did not bring it up. Someone else started that when they asked why I was not on the board in a while. At that point I said I was in school, and when asked "for what?" I simply said working on a masters.
Not the way I remember it originally coming up.
Well that is how it started. I don't just say I had a masters one day for the fun of it.
Well you did, but it goes back to last year when you talked a lot of sheet.  I'm sure others remember.
And I'll still talk it. So bring your goats and come get some son.

AirWarren

CounterPunch

September 10, 2012, 10:20:45 pm #53 Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 10:42:47 pm by CounterPunch
Quote from: AW on September 10, 2012, 10:19:39 pm
This is getting good  ;D
He's bringing out Scrambler, AW

AirWarren

Well that's ok. That nimrod PA fan brought out the REAL AIRWARREN tonight. And when conference starts out, he will be out more himself.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AW on September 10, 2012, 10:41:32 pm
Well that's ok. That nimrod PA fan brought out the REAL AIRWARREN tonight. And when conference starts out, he will be out more himself.

Are you thanking me for the awakening?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 10:20:45 pm
Quote from: AW on September 10, 2012, 10:19:39 pm
This is getting good  ;D
He's bringing out Scrambler, AW
go take the medication and go to your happy place. bigfan is always starting stuff. there is no place for that on a football message board.

Jimbo Morphis

i can use stuff. i don't have a masters.

phdefense

Do you all remember when there used to be Booneville posters on here?

LJ06

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 10, 2012, 07:38:53 pm
Can anyone tell me anything about Booneville? I guess ill be going into the dark for this one. I know we have a pretty salty team but i have no clue about them. They beat Gravette pretty easily, but what does that say? HELP!

Young, talented team that relies on several Sophomore's like Star City.  They run the T offense and are completely smashmouth.  They can have the fumblitis at times.  If they hang on to the football you can expect a close ball game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: phdefense on September 11, 2012, 10:40:12 am
there was one really funny one.

your name here

He graduated, now works at Tyson he can't type because his fingers are sore from cutting up chickens.

Jimbo Morphis

i lke chicken. tried chicken farming but they all died. tried planting them feet first and head first. neither worked. i think i needed more lime in my soil.

toobad4u993

You used the chicken? I tried planting eggs. I just blamed it on the drought.

DogsWin7

I wouldn't recommend planting a pig...........cause if it dies Bama is just going to roast it Saturday..........

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 11, 2012, 11:40:52 am
I wouldn't recommend planting a pig...........cause if it dies Bama is just going to roast it Saturday..........
i set my tv to record the biggest loser and it recorded the john l smith show.

DogsWin7

September 11, 2012, 01:33:20 pm #66 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:37:40 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: Oldman on September 11, 2012, 01:24:40 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 11, 2012, 11:40:52 am
i set my tv to record the biggest loser and it recorded the john l smith show.

that is hilarious! 

Purple and Gold Bearcat82

Booneville by 14. ready to listen to the game should be a very good game. GO CATS!!

apache_alum_90

Quote from: Oldman on September 11, 2012, 10:51:33 am
Ya what ever happened to him?

Romeo

I believe this is the first meeting since that memorable overtime playoff game in 99. I have Booneville by 4.

CounterPunch

September 11, 2012, 09:52:26 pm #70 Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:05:44 pm by CounterPunch
Quote from: Romeo on September 11, 2012, 08:53:02 pm
I believe this is the first meeting since that memorable overtime playoff game in 99. I have Booneville by 4.
I was at that game and remember the ole fullback they called "gator". They beat us in overtime. Star City's current offensive coordinator was the starting QB in that game.

Big Fan

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 11, 2012, 09:52:26 pm
I was at that game and remember the ole fullback they alled "gator". They beat us in overtime. Star City's current offensive coordinator was the starting QB in that game.
That is interesting.

Romeo

I was at that game and remember the ole fullback they called "gator". They beat us in overtime. Star City's current offensive coordinator was the starting QB in that game.

Yeah, I remember Jett Furneaux from my playing days. One of the best quarterbacks Ive ever seen. He was so tough to tackle. At the time, Michael Vick was gaining popularity as a freshman at Virginia Tech and Furneaux was drawing a lot of comparisions. I think his height kept him from getting major division I offers.

Big Fan

Quote from: Romeo on September 11, 2012, 10:37:01 pm

Yeah, I remember Jett Furneaux from my playing days. One of the best quarterbacks Ive ever seen. He was so tough to tackle. At the time, Michael Vick was gaining popularity as a freshman at Virginia Tech and Furneaux was drawing a lot of comparisions. I think his height kept him from getting major division I offers.
As good as Jett was, his Dad was probably better. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 11, 2012, 08:47:26 pm
Quote from: Oldman on September 11, 2012, 10:51:33 am
Ya what ever happened to him?
it was sam and i have no idea.

Catgrad79

Quote from: whippersnapper on September 08, 2012, 02:07:39 pm
Booneville is a young talented group. They run a smash mouth offense and a 3-4 defense. They are very well coached. Booneville by 3

Well Coached, if you say so Whipper

CounterPunch

Quote from: Big Fan on September 11, 2012, 10:50:38 pm

I personally think they are both just some chumps. :)

BearcatFan4Ever

Gator's little brother is a sophmore on the team

Big Fan

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 12, 2012, 04:07:59 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on September 11, 2012, 10:50:38 pm

I personally think they are both just some chumps. :)
I'm not speaking to their character....don't have a clue about that.

BearcatFan4Ever

sam is a hall of famer.The thread on Booneville being sponsored by Dollar General is a classic!

mossflyer

As soon as I saw Star City would be playing Booneville, I've been looking forward to it.  Booneville's always solid...even if they are young.  I'm glad SC is getting them early because I think they will get stronger as the season goes on and their youth gains more game experience.  SC's diversity on offense will prove to be too much for the Cats this time around.  SC 34 Booneville 21. 

Valleysports

My roommate (Alaska) has a nephew playing down there for Star City.  Think he might be a running back?  Gardner  Is he doing pretty good?  If he sucks, PM please - haha  I'm thinking about showing him FF next week when he gets back to work.....

CounterPunch

Quote from: Valleysports on September 12, 2012, 06:51:58 pm
My roommate (Alaska) has a nephew playing down there for Star City.  Think he might be a running back?  Gardner  Is he doing pretty good?  If he sucks, PM please - haha  I'm thinking about showing him FF next week when he gets back to work.....
Gardner is our starting running back/receiver.

Valleysports

Thanks Counterpunch, I know he'd love it if we found some way to listen to a radio station, broadcasting the game, next week.  We'll be paying attention - thanks again.

CounterPunch

Quote from: Valleysports on September 12, 2012, 10:34:02 pm
Thanks Counterpunch, I know he'd love it if we found some way to listen to a radio station, broadcasting the game, next week.  We'll be paying attention - thanks again.
No problem. 99.9 fm southeast Arkansas. Don't know about anywhere else.

bulldoggfan23

Know nothing about booneville so no prediction. Should be a fun one though.

DogsWin7

I keep waivering in this game for some odd reason.   I know Oldman said Star City is good this year and usually 9 times out of 10 he is right on the money but I have seen Booneville play in years past and there is something about the history of those bearcats that they just are tough to beat and pull out a win.

Good Luck to both teams!  If Booneville is running the ball in the rain, I'd almost go with the bearcats....

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 13, 2012, 08:28:29 am
I keep waivering in this game for some odd reason.   I know Oldman said Star City is good this year and usually 9 times out of 10 he is right on the money but I have seen Booneville play in years past and there is something about the history of those bearcats that they just are tough to beat and pull out a win.

Good Luck to both teams!  If Booneville is running the ball in the rain, I'd almost go with the bearcats....
i never say star city is good.  i said if they can stop the run they win.

sam

Quote from: apache_alum_90 on September 09, 2012, 02:45:08 pm
Star City by 17

Looks like we are getting no faith from our Native American fans.  Is it still about the whole "taking your land" incident?  Get over it.

Or you might be from Pottsville. Just throwing that out because there are so many Apaches in Arkansas. 

And if you're from Pottsville you need to know you're walking on thin ice. 

It's nothing for me to slap yall's head coach around. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sam on September 13, 2012, 10:58:36 am
Star City by 17

Looks like we are getting no faith from our Native American fans.  Is it still about the whole "taking your land" incident?  Get over it.

Or you might be from Pottsville. Just throwing that out because there are so many Apaches in Arkansas. 

good to see ya back sam.

sam

Quote from: CounterPunch on September 09, 2012, 05:47:02 pm
Star City by 17
Can you tell me about Boonville? Have you seen them play? I see you have SC by a pretty large margin. Why?

They're so tough they can beat y'all even short a vowel!!!

Boonville by 12 over Str Cty!!!!!!

Dragline

Just wondering how the Bulldog faithful react the first time the Booneville Hillbilly fires off the musket after they score.

Dragline

Just wondering how the Bulldog faithful react the first time the Booneville Hillbilly fires off the musket after they score.

(post so nice I did it twice)

sam

We are being way too civil in here for my taste. 

sam

Quote from: Dragline on September 13, 2012, 11:05:35 am

(post so nice I did it twice)

Their mascot goes and pees on the white hat's leg.

Dragline

You misspelled Thier...should have been theyr'e

What an indiot

sam

You've been around a long time if you remember me being called an indiot.  That's been at least 5 or 6 years ago.

sam

Quote from: Oldman on September 13, 2012, 11:01:04 am
Quote from: sam on September 13, 2012, 10:58:36 am
Star City by 17

good to see ya back sam.

Well thanks. 

There's been a new fad around my place of employment here lately.  They call it work.  I decided to give it a try. 

doggieskoot2

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on September 13, 2012, 08:28:29 am

Booneville is traditionally poor in the wet/rain.  I'll take Booneville on a dry field and SC on a wet one.  I know it sounds funny running game struggling in the rain, but Booneville is usually smaller and quicker and rain messes that up.

Rattlerfan2004

For the people that know nothing about Booneville, here is all you need to know......They have tradition.  Run it down your throat, smash mouth football.  They might be young this year, but you better guarantee they are well coached and can still win.  Never count them out.

I'm not even a Booneville alum and I'll tell you that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas