• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Class 3A Signees

Started by Wolfpack68, January 19, 2015, 02:26:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DeeGee

Quote from: KOJACK on February 04, 2015, 07:52:01 am
Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 04, 2015, 06:22:51 am
Won 1 braidsmaid twice.... But then again we don't pump out college football players every year
No, y'all just take the leftovers from the big schools in your surrounding area and turn your average program into a decent program...but those days are over. Y'all are back to cellar dwellars.

Easy there Kojack!  Yes they had a horrible year last yer, what team doesn't?  But by no means are my child or any other on this team a cellar dweller! You guys not liking the coach is your own issues,  but no reason at all to talk down about our boys. Especially since most of them came to support you guys in playoffs because we knew how strong you guys are. Be nice there buddy when it comes to these boys. And please don't ever refer to any child on any team as a cellar dweller. Please and thank you.

adaptedtigerfan

Why does everyone take everything on here personal?

WPWells

KOJACK never called any kid a cellar dweller. Never once in his post did he attack a kid

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 16, 2015, 07:09:25 pm
KOJACK never called any kid a cellar dweller. Never once in his post did he attack a kid

Kinda suggested they recruited bench players from the big schools though....::)

DeeGee

So tell me exactly how to take " yall are back to cellar dwellars? "
Kind insinuates that right? Anyway, my son's on that team and even if he wasn't I would call any team cellar dwellers. Maybe cause I have more respect for all teams and HS sports. They're all kids after the same dream.

WPWells

Wow. You're taking THAT personally? We usually get along but this is going out on a big limb

Wolfpack68

Quote from: DeeGoldie on February 16, 2015, 07:29:40 pm

So tell me exactly how to take " yall are back to cellar dwellars? "
Kind insinuates that right? Anyway, my son's on that team and even if he wasn't I would call any team cellar dwellers. Maybe cause I have more respect for all teams and HS sports. They're all kids after the same dream.
I'm sure he wasn't trying to PERSONALLY OFFEND any of the kids.

DeeGee

Lol no I am not taking it personally. I just don't see the point in calling any teams names. Rather it be our team or any of you all. Chill 12th Man. We friends. I was just having an opinion. It's still ok these days right? And no Wolfpack I don't think he meant it personally towards the kids. There are a few gr folks on here that act a fool and I'm I know who it was directed at.

DeeGee

Sorry guys of you took what I said as a personal attack, I didn't. I feel like I'm one of the only Glen Rose posters who stand by and up for them no matter what. I love each and every one of these boys. Sorry if yall feel I took that too hard. I know it wasn't directed at me or the team directly but as you guys do, I gotta back my boys. Have a good night all! Yall know I love my ff family!! Most days yall are my entertainment! Night all!

adaptedtigerfan

The term "cellar dweller" refers to ...... Bottom of conference.  1-9 season 0-10 season, 2-8 season....   That is all KOJACK was getting @.     

RTF

no.... the word "cellar" is bottom, the word "dweller" is consistently there.... So basically, you are usually the bottom of the conference.

KOJACK

Sorry if I offended someone. You will never see a post where I belittle a kid...ever. Glen Rose will be remarkable this year. If they don't win it all I'll be shocked ::). Admin should clean house if they don't. Maybe that is what folks wanna hear. :-\

adaptedtigerfan

How can they be "remarkable". I thought someone else in the conf already had that title.

Longfellow

I don't think there is enough room in that conference for two "remarkable" teams.

KOJACK

I don't think EC$ is claiming remarkability for next year...I could be wrong. Maybe Granpacat can help us out. I know those guys don't really venture over to these territories with basketball and all going on...I assume it's still going on, maybe I wrong about that as well.

adaptedtigerfan

February 17, 2015, 11:08:05 am #65 Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 11:11:19 am by adaptedtigerfan
Just saw where Corning's big lineman Harvey...  Will be a preferred walk-on @ UofA

DeeGee

I hope we are remarkable  and great and fabulous!  But no those are not the things I'm asking to hear. All I wish for is a better year than last year. But just like the Hog's,  I support them win or lose. Just as any fan of their team should. And for playoffs we went and supported the teams in our conference. To me it's not about Glen Rose,  it's about all the young men playing their hearts out to make it to the next level. Sorry if I offend anyone. Was not my purpose.

adaptedtigerfan

How many kids do you think play on the next level Dee?  I can tell you...   About 2%.  And several kids that can play at the next level never get looked at.  There are kids that play their heart out because they love football.  Not just to make it to the next level.    What's sad is the criteria that college coaches set such as height, weight, etc.....  They will look over a kid that can play just because he is 5'10" and not 6'1".      I don't know how I got on this.. I guess I read your post as you think every kid is trying to play so they can play on college.    Anyway good day.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on February 17, 2015, 01:27:53 pm
How many kids do you think play on the next level Dee?  I can tell you...   About 2%.  And several kids that can play at the next level never get looked at.  There are kids that play their heart out because they love football.  Not just to make it to the next level.    What's sad is the criteria that college coaches set such as height, weight, etc.....  They will look over a kid that can play just because he is 5'10" and not 6'1".      I don't know how I got on this.. I guess I read your post as you think every kid is trying to play so they can play on college.    Anyway good day.
there are also kids who could play at the next level but have no heart. i love those undersized kids who bust their but to see the field. almost every team has two players that if you could exchange hearts one would be a super star.

gameoflife

You are correct on kids getting overlooked because of the eye test.  But, think about it.  You said only about 2% go on to the next level and when you look at a 5'10" kid its pretty easy to find on that is 3 inches taller, 25 lbs heavier and faster that can do the same things.  That's why coaches often don't offer those smaller, slower kids.  It's in the precentages.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: Oldman on February 17, 2015, 01:31:07 pm
there are also kids who could play at the next level but have no heart. i love those undersized kids who bust their but to see the field. almost every team has two players that if you could exchange hearts one would be a super star.
Wise words Oldman

DeeGee

Probably not gonna have to worry about it any way. My son has made the decision to probably move to Searcy and won't be playing for Glen Rose anyway. It's not a absolute at this time but he is 18 and it is his choice. But most likely he will be be playing for Riverview or maybe Harding Academy or Searcy High School. . I'll know by the end of the week. He hasn't totally made up his mind yet. Sad day :(

gameoflife

Is your son going to be eligible to play if he moves to some other district?

DeeGee

Yes because he's moving in to a different county and not in 3A

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DeeGoldie on February 17, 2015, 07:19:58 pm
Probably not gonna have to worry about it any way. My son has made the decision to probably move to Searcy and won't be playing for Glen Rose anyway. It's not a absolute at this time but he is 18 and it is his choice. But most likely he will be be playing for Riverview or maybe Harding Academy or Searcy High School. . I'll know by the end of the week. He hasn't totally made up his mind yet. Sad day :(
sorry to hear that dee.

DeeGee

He's moving Sunday and will be playing for Riverview. Ughhh I hate this sooo bad but he feels like it's what he needs it's what he needs to do. He has already talked to Kehner and the coaches at riverview. It really breaks my heart but he wants to be  with his sister. I'm hoping he changes &its mind before 2 a days and comes back. But I'll still be on here harassing you all.

KOJACK

Quote from: DeeGoldie on February 18, 2015, 03:12:20 pm
He's moving Sunday and will be playing for Riverview. Ughhh I hate this sooo bad but he feels like it's what he needs it's what he needs to do. He has already talked to Kehner and the coaches at riverview. It really breaks my heart but he wants to be  with his sister. I'm hoping he changes &its mind before 2 a days and comes back. But I'll still be on here harassing you all.
I'm sorry to hear that Dee, but I'm sure he will at least get a chance their...unlike he did,  oh nevermind

AmSycho

Coach McCain is a great guy and a pretty good young coach. Your son will be in good hands in Riverview. Good luck to him.

Beaver Fever

The fact that he is moving to another county or conference doesn't matter one bit.  If he's not going to live with a legal guardian there he won't be eligible.  It sounds like he is moving in with his sister, better do so checking on legal transfers.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 19, 2015, 10:26:45 am
The fact that he is moving to another county or conference doesn't matter one bit.  If he's not going to live with a legal guardian there he won't be eligible.  It sounds like he is moving in with his sister, better do so checking on legal transfers.
Don't get angry that one of your players is leaving.

Beaver Fever

I'm not, i just hate hearing stupid statements like that. Check transfer rules!

Wolfpack68

Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 19, 2015, 11:33:49 am
It does say that in the 2013-2014. It isn't stupid though.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 19, 2015, 11:33:49 am
try to read between the lines a little bit without getting all up in dee's business. i'm pretty sure dee, her son, and the riverview coach know the rules. it's not that hard.

Beaver Fever

About as much as hill and bolding do.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 19, 2015, 01:09:43 pm
ok, read this REAL SLOW AND USE YOUR FINGER TO FOLLOW ALONG. lets say my wife and i got divorced. could my child leave my home and school district and move in with his mother in another school district and be eligible?

cdelaney

February 19, 2015, 03:53:21 pm #85 Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 09:57:47 pm by cdelaney
Quote from: KOJACK on February 17, 2015, 10:33:59 am
I don't think EC$ is claiming remarkability for next year...I could be wrong. Maybe Granpacat can help us out. I know those guys don't really venture over to these territories with basketball and all going on...I assume it's still going on, maybe I wrong about that as well.
We lost 13 seniors and 10 of them were on the field 90% of the time offense or defense and a few both ways. So there will be holes to fill. Freeman and Robinson will be able to keep us a playoff contender but not as remarkable as last year.
As far as Bball, it's still going on Kojo and we are hoping that IF we make it to state we won't have to face the Wolves again 1st round. Fingers crossed.

DeeGee

He's moving with his dad and sister. We have joint custody, not that that is your busines, but he is moving with a legal gaurdi6. Plus he is 18 yrs old. He could live own his own if he wanted to. We have talked to Kehner,  riverview coach and AAA. Him moving there does not make him an ineligible player. Geez. Don't be mad cause he's leaving the Beavers, it has nothing to do with anything going wrong here. It's a personal decision he made. And he knows how terrible rivervi7is. It's not like he's moving to a big winning team. Geez chill out!

jr17

Back to the thread topic, just saw where Dycus has committed to harding. Very happy for this young man. They're getting a great player

Wolfpack68

Any other rule suggestions beiberfeaver?

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on February 19, 2015, 02:19:27 pm
Quote from: Beaver Fever on February 19, 2015, 01:09:43 pm
ok, read this REAL SLOW AND USE YOUR FINGER TO FOLLOW ALONG. lets say my wife and i got divorced. could my child leave my home and school district and move in with his mother in another school district and be eligible?
Who gets the FF account in the divorce settlement is all we care about.

WPWells

cdelaney is on his game tonight

Skip Baymore

Part of me will be pulling for the Raiders just because of you Dee.  That is a pretty tough conference in 4A that he will be part of, which you prob. know.  He must gonna be living somewhere a little north or east of Searcy?  God Bless.  Skipper.

hoghelmet14

I just read this whole thread.... not what I expected..... I was pretty sure this was a thread about young men moving in with "grandma" in Charleston..... LOL

fbisgreat

Don't worry charleston has a couple players moving in.

Lineman

The "rent houses" are almost ready.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lineman on February 20, 2015, 05:09:37 pm
The "rent houses" are almost ready.

The "rent" subdivision you mean?

Lineman

DeeGee

Quote from: Skip Baymore on February 20, 2015, 12:39:59 am
Part of me will be pulling for the Raiders just because of you Dee.  That is a pretty tough conference in 4A that he will be part of, which you prob. know.  He must gonna be living somewhere a little north or east of Searcy?  God Bless.  Skipper.

Yes he's moving to Griffithville  if that's how you spell it. It's right by Kensett

DeeGee

I'll still keep you all up to date on the Beavers though. I'm gonna try and make it to all his game but if not he wants me to go watch the Beavers. He said those guys will now and for ever be his brothers and team. All of this has nothing to do with the coaches or me or anything bad. He said he's been praying about if for a while now and feels this is the path that The Lord wants him to go. Kehner and his team mates told him the hate to see him leave cause he was the second best player on the team and will probably be the best player on Riverviews  team. Lol. Cause everyone one knows Riverview isn't a good team.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: DeeGoldie on February 20, 2015, 06:47:48 pm
I'll still keep you all up to date on the Beavers though. I'm gonna try and make it to all his game but if not he wants me to go watch the Beavers. He said those guys will now and for ever be his brothers and team. All of this has nothing to do with the coaches or me or anything bad. He said he's been praying about if for a while now and feels this is the path that The Lord wants him to go. Kehner and his team mates told him the hate to see him leave cause he was the second best player on the team and will probably be the best player on Riverviews  team. Lol. Cause everyone one knows Riverview isn't a good team.
I don't know if anyone is man enough to do what your son is doing. I know I wouldn't have left the Wolves back in the day.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas