• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paris Coach Bryan Hutson steps down as HC after 8 seasons and will be Principal.

Started by papaeagle, January 07, 2015, 10:09:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

papaeagle

Coach Bryan Hutson yesterday decided to stay at Paris and will be Principal, starting very soon, thereby leaving his position as Head Football Coach. This places him and his wife Angie in a position of staying in the area that they love, watching their last son graduate in May and continuing their love of being in the Paris High School system where they have been since early in 2007.

Coach Hutson played sports in Paris in the 1983-86 era, lettering in Football, Basketball, Track and Tennis, the only Paris athlete to be a 4 sport letterman at the time. He returned as an assistant coach in 1991 and shortly afterwards married Angie Kremer. Coach Hutson was football OC from 1992 until 1997, helping Paris to several playoff appearances and even coached basketball for a while.  Then he became a HC in Decatur in 1998 and ended up being a Coach of the Year in OK and went 21-4 with his Colcord teams. Then he turned around McClelland and North Little Rock, and both became playoff teams over a 5 year span, going to a couple of semifinal appearances. He was an All Star Coach and seminar speaker many times.
  Coach Hutson missed Paris, and Angie, being from Scranton, also missed the area. When the opportunity arose, they decided to return and never looked back. Coach Hutson turned Paris around and helped Paris to many records: in the playoffs 5 years straight years, the first home playoff win ever, the most victories in  3 and 4 year spans, going 8-8-9-10 wins in 2009-2012, being conference Co-Champs one year and attaining Coach of the Year in the process. Overall Coach Hutson achieved over 115 wins during his 17 year span of being a HC in high school football.
    Coach Hutson has been a Paris stalward for many years, as a student athlete, a successful assistant and head coach and now continues his community dedication as Paris High School Principal, as reported today by the ARpreps website. We will miss him, his leadership, his teams with all the spirit and fight that they have exhibited for years, his never ending attempt to keep a good assistant coaching staff who all have pushed players to be the best they can be on and off the field of play, the easy going personality during even the bad times, always listening to the other person's problems and being willing to help at any time. Yes, I will miss Coach Hutson and remember one of his mottos on what counts ... FAITH, FAMILY and FOOTBALL .
     An era has ended and a new one begins. Good luck to Bryan in his new positions in the excellent Paris administration system, and let us Paris fans and parents remember his contributions to the Paris community as a whole and to the student athletes as a mentor most will never forget, even as they begin their families and their children become students and athletes in the Paris school system. We love you Coach Hutson and some of us will be conferencing with you from time to time on the administrative field of play... always knowing you will listen and respond in a concerned, helpful way.  GOD BLESS the team of Bryan and Angie Hutson at Paris High School..

beach bum

I am not familiar with Paris but he sounds like a class act. Also, you would think this job of HC will be pretty attractive to some quality assistant coaches in the 3A through 5A range looking to break through and get a head gig.

eagle-fan

I am at a loss for words to express my sadness at losing Coach Hutson as Paris' head football coach. Such a motivator of players attitudes and playing desires and a guru at allowing his coaching staff to "do their thing" and not be the "boss" and so on. Just need to collect my thoughts a bit. SO happy the Hutsons are still at Paris and being part of the teacher and administrative staffs.
     I hear that Hutson will probably be the AD also, a great move to keep continuity in the athletic department. Coach Hutson has been head football coach many, many years ( an assistant 7 years before that in the 1990s), head track and basketball coach at another school while being mainly the head football coach. As most coaches in 3A do, they all have a part as an assistant in other sports and Hutson was also an assistant in track and always on the Jr. High football sidelines. And, yes, I remember his coaching Paris' Jr.Varsity basketball back in the early 1990s and being the only Paris coach to win a State Championship, in TENNIS of all things, back in the 90s at HC of that sport..  And, Coach Hutson liked all the conference coaches and kept in touch with many of them in "off season" and was a mentor to some who asked him for advice often. He was always available to discuss ideas and share experiences with other coaches in the state, across all classifications. I am sure they will still call him, even though he is now in administration at Paris.  Good luck to "Coach".... and thank you for being there.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 08, 2015, 08:01:05 am
I am at a loss for words to express my sadness at losing Coach Hutson as Paris' head football coach. Such a motivator of players attitudes and playing desires and a guru at allowing his coaching staff to "do their thing" and not be the "boss" and so on. Just need to collect my thoughts a bit. SO happy the Hutsons are still at Paris and being part of the teacher and administrative staffs.
     I hear that Hutson will probably be the AD also, a great move to keep continuity in the athletic department. Coach Hutson has been head football coach many, many years ( an assistant 7 years before that in the 1990s), head track and basketball coach at another school while being mainly the head football coach. As most coaches in 3A do, they all have a part as an assistant in other sports and Hutson was also an assistant in track and always on the Jr. High football sidelines. And, yes, I remember his coaching Paris' Jr.Varsity basketball back in the early 1990s and being the only Paris coach to win a State Championship, in TENNIS of all things, back in the 90s at HC of that sport..  And, Coach Hutson liked all the conference coaches and kept in touch with many of them in "off season" and was a mentor to some who asked him for advice often. He was always available to discuss ideas and share experiences with other coaches in the state, across all classifications. I am sure they will still call him, even though he is now in administration at Paris.  Good luck to "Coach".... and thank you for being there.
glad to see you got over your loss for words.

Truthfully

lighten up Oldman and stick to the thread subject please. Nobody wants snide and personal 'funny' remarks. You have way too much time on your hands every morning and afternoon but seem to take off at lunch, thank God.
   We Paris fans will miss Coach Hutson and I have sent him a private email that is quite long, not to bother the likes of Oldman.  Other posters take FF as an opinion board on a subject matter and leave personal barb quotes, meant to be funny, out of the conversation. Sorry that I have veered off a bit on this post, but I do not understand some people and their "humor" attempts. Post in earnest please! Thanks.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Truthfully on January 08, 2015, 08:46:15 am
lighten up Oldman and stick to the thread subject please. Nobody wants snide and personal 'funny' remarks. You have way too much time on your hands every morning and afternoon but seem to take off at lunch, thank God.
   We Paris fans will miss Coach Hutson and I have sent him a private email that is quite long, not to bother the likes of Oldman.  Other posters take FF as an opinion board on a subject matter and leave personal barb quotes, meant to be funny, out of the conversation. Sorry that I have veered off a bit on this post, but I do not understand some people and their "humor" attempts. Post in earnest please! Thanks.
and you tell me to lighten up? i bet you're a lot of fun to hang out with.

DogsWin7

WPWells

Don't worry. Charleston played dirty against Paris this year according to Truthfully. I thought your comment was funny

adaptedtigerfan

Jack1990

adaptedtigerfan

I could be wrong but I'm gonna go out in a limb and say that Danville will be ISO a HC out of this deal.

hoghelmet14

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 08, 2015, 11:31:52 am
I could be wrong but I'm gonna go out in a limb and say that Danville will be ISO a HC out of this deal.

Wager?

hoghelmet14

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 08, 2015, 09:45:48 am
Don't worry. Charleston played dirty against Paris this year according to Truthfully. I thought your comment was funny

They Did! LOL.... was you there? ;)

adaptedtigerfan

Jack1990

adaptedtigerfan

Jack1990

He'll probably split his time between the two.  Be the first multi-divisional simultaneous state champions in the history of coaching!

hoghelmet14

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 08, 2015, 12:11:33 pm
Let me guess....... Kendrick to the Eagles will be the next thread?

You know Coack K and Coach H are good friends..... Coach K will interview.... so yall will have to give him a raise.... Its a conspiracy!

Jimbo Morphis

arthurhawgerelli

Coach Jones

Coach Hutson is a great coach that I have enjoyed getting to know the last few years.  He has always been very nice, and a great guy to coach against.  That can't be said about all coaches for sure.  I have a ton of respect for the man, and wish him the best in his new role.

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2015, 08:53:45 am
Quote from: Truthfully on January 08, 2015, 08:46:15 am
and you tell me to lighten up? i bet you're a lot of fun to hang out with.
Your problem Oldman is that your comments are actually funny and therefore easy to spot as humor, therefore offensive to some. My snark/sarcasm efforts are more lame I think and slip under their radar.

adaptedtigerfan

I think some people take my sarcasm a little to personal sometimes as well.   

Lineman

eagle-fan

adaptedtigerfan

Loyalfan1

DeeGee

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 08, 2015, 08:44:55 pm
I think some people take my sarcasm a little to personal sometimes as well.   

Nawwww! Lol
Well at least not me. I generally match your sarcasm with sarcasm. We have such a wonderful sarcastic relationship lmbo!

DogsWin7

Quote from: arthurhawgerelli on January 08, 2015, 02:17:35 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on January 08, 2015, 08:56:03 am
Where did the current principle leave too?   Thanks.

Out of education.  Too much TESS.

Ahhh yes.....Teacher Effectiveness Support System to effectively cause STRESS. lol!!

Truthfully

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 08, 2015, 11:49:14 am
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on January 08, 2015, 11:31:52 am

Wager?
Agree with you hoghelmet14 ... Crain's wife wants to stay in Danville. I know her from a Women's Organization we both are in. Anyway, I hate to see Coach Hutson go, loved his style and easy going attitude and play calling ability.... surprises on offense and good defensive schemes.

Hope I can see Paris play this coming Fall but it might be that I will not be on this earth by then. As coaching changes happen, things are as they are and life goes on. So are everyone's life decisions and outcomes, mostly unpredictable.. LOL    Carry on, hoghelmet, keep 'em stirred up during football season, better that than have them docile and getting fat and dying off from lack of FF activity. FF certainly is NOT boring..  ;D

HSFBF

Hate to see another very good coach decide to get out of coaching, for now.. He will be an excellent administrator and AD at Paris High School and fair to everyone and get the job done, TESS included. Have run across him a few times as HC at NLR and Paris and thoroughly enjoyed talking with him on any subject. The coaching community is losing a great, caring and teaching coach .... for now. You remember what Arnold Schwarzenegger said, right?  :)

fbisgreat

He might want to stay as coach .Last night he got called out by a couple of people from Chs because of the kids from Paris standing in front of people that could not see and he said  he couldn't do anything about it.

Skip Baymore

eagle-fan

Quote from: fbisgreat on January 10, 2015, 10:42:14 pm
He might want to stay as coach .Last night he got called out by a couple of people from Chs because of the kids from Paris standing in front of people that could not see and he said  he couldn't do anything about it.
I was there and almost everyone was standing at one time or another for this big game and with ALL fans going to the game from two towns 15 miles apart.. So what's new? Standing room only, always someone standing in front of someone else, OR when an important play or sequence occurs or just because of excited youngsters, there is always standing and 'adults' seated think they have the right to ask them to sit down. NO WAY, Sir.. Ever go to a U of A BB or FB game? Always some excited fan or fans standing and others saying to "sit down" but they paid for tickets and can be FANS too..  So lighten up. Some Charleston fans seems to always gripe, no matter what little thing goes on in life that they don't personally agree with.
  So, standing room only, crowded gym and you ask excited fans to sit down ??  GET REAL!!  Happens everywhere, especially at a home game. See you at Charleston in February and see how your young fans act. If they sit, then they are NOT fans!!  Next year, stay home and read in the paper the results.  :-\

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 11, 2015, 10:39:09 am
I was there and almost everyone was standing at one time or another for this big game and with ALL fans going to the game from two towns 15 miles apart.. So what's new? Standing room only, always someone standing in front of someone else, OR when an important play or sequence occurs or just because of excited youngsters, there is always standing and 'adults' seated think they have the right to ask them to sit down. NO WAY, Sir.. Ever go to a U of A BB or FB game? Always some excited fan or fans standing and others saying to "sit down" but they paid for tickets and can be FANS too..  So lighten up. Some Charleston fans seems to always gripe, no matter what little thing goes on in life that they don't personally agree with.
  So, standing room only, crowded gym and you ask excited fans to sit down ??  GET REAL!!  Happens everywhere, especially at a home game. See you at Charleston in February and see how your young fans act. If they sit, then they are NOT fans!!  Next year, stay home and read in the paper the results.  :-\

Couldn't agree more about standing at games. Part of it! Our student section stood the whole
Game. Trust me I stood right there behind them do to lack of seating. I think the issue is that we brought enough ppl to fill
The entire visitor side, yet we could because your student section and band sat on the VISITOR side. Not very smart, just asking for trouble.

Clara Allen

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 11, 2015, 11:38:20 am
In my dealings with him, doesn't surprise me...

Couldn't agree more about standing at games. Part of it! Our student section stood the whole
Game. Trust me I stood right there behind them do to lack of seating. I think the issue is that we brought enough ppl to fill
The entire visitor side, yet we could because your student section and band sat on the VISITOR side. Not very smart, just asking for trouble.

eagle-fan

Chucktown Tiger.
    Seems like someone added a sentence about your post that sounds like he is attributing an added sentence to you. Possibly need to report to the Moderator on FF...  ???  Don't see a modification by you, so just food for thought. Nobody wants any slanderous type statement on FF being put under anyone else's name as a post addition.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on January 11, 2015, 11:38:20 am

I've seen bands sit on the visitors side before(Let's be honest the visitors side is usually empty most nights), but the student section being on that side doesn't make sense at all....Do they try to do call and response cheers with the "adults" in the crowd?

eagle-fan

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2015, 05:59:38 pm
I've seen bands sit on the visitors side before(Let's be honest the visitors side is usually empty most nights), but the student section being on that side doesn't make sense at all....Do they try to do call and response cheers with the "adults" in the crowd?
My point in most of what you  say...  BUT, with a  game SO big as the game that night with two of  the best teams in all of 3A, you MUST know that the home team will fill the entire "home side" and where do the other overflow Paris fans sit? If they come early they will sit on the "visitor side". What would you do at a Charleston game under the same circumstances? First come first serve. There is NO rule against the band being there, but they assembled way too late to get there ahead of the VERY early arriving Paris fans and the visitor side is the ONLY place that they could sit and play and cheer.
    You're right, usually the visitor side is sparsely populated and the excess home crowd ALWAYS goes to the other side. It happens at EVERY game you go to.. I have attended on average 10 away Paris games each year in BB, and we face the same dilemma with 'local' fans yelling all around us...The nature of the beast is there are more home  fans there than the visitor fans.  SO, no  fan has  the right to tell a school that the band can not sit on the visitor side or that local overflow can't sit in their OWN GYM anywhere they want if standing room only.  Can't wait to see what happens at the Charleston game in next month. Stop and  think about the SITUATION in such a BIG game in the SMALL gyms that most 2A-4A schools have.  First come first serve, you gotta arrive VERY early.....
    Football is the same way, the overflow situation. BB just does not  seat as many people as football unfortunately.  At the Charleston FB game last year I had to sit on the Charleston side and found a two seats. The smaller bleachers on the visitor side were full of Paris fans.. First come first serve, again...

WPWells

Let's think about this situation. Charleston's gym seats at least twice as many as Paris'. Seating will not be an issue

HorseFeathers

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 12, 2015, 06:13:47 pm
Quote from: HF on January 12, 2015, 05:59:38 pm
My point in most of what you  say...  BUT, with a  game SO big as the game that night with two of  the best teams in all of 3A, you MUST know that the home team will fill the entire "home side" and where do the other overflow Paris fans sit? If they come early they will sit on the "visitor side". What would you do at a Charleston game under the same circumstances? First come first serve. There is NO rule against the band being there, but they assembled way too late to get there ahead of the VERY early arriving Paris fans and the visitor side is the ONLY place that they could sit and play and cheer.
    You're right, usually the visitor side is sparsely populated and the excess home crowd ALWAYS goes to the other side. It happens at EVERY game you go to.. I have attended on average 10 away Paris games each year in BB, and we face the same dilemma with 'local' fans yelling all around us...The nature of the beast is there are more home  fans there than the visitor fans.  SO, no  fan has  the right to tell a school that the band can not sit on the visitor side or that local overflow can't sit in their OWN GYM anywhere they want if standing room only.  Can't wait to see what happens at the Charleston game in next month. Stop and  think about the SITUATION in such a BIG game in the SMALL gyms that most 2A-4A schools have.  First come first serve, you gotta arrive VERY early.....
    Football is the same way, the overflow situation. BB just does not  seat as many people as football unfortunately.  At the Charleston FB game last year I had to sit on the Charleston side and found a two seats. The smaller bleachers on the visitor side were full of Paris fans.. First come first serve, again... 

I was just wondering about it as far as the Paris Student Section was concerned, never seen a student section sit on the opposite side at any game before...except at State Tournament sites that designated student sections in particular areas of the gym..

eagle-fan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on January 12, 2015, 06:16:11 pm
Let's think about this situation. Charleston's gym seats at least twice as many as Paris'. Seating will not be an issue
Sorry that we don't have the funding to have a gym as big as yours. Look at Scranton. 2 feet past each end goal and 18" from each bench is the sideline mark.. Not their fault, some gyms are old. Players get injured. Just depends on each communities situation. Maybe we all need a Jerry Jones to come along and give a school $1 million to build a new gym or field house. It is  what it is.  Thankfully C town did a lot of planning back when your new facility was built when a former Paris administrator moved to Charleston a few years ago..  Thankfully with your large gym your band will be on the home side next month?? LOL

eagle-fan

Quote from: HF on January 12, 2015, 06:22:28 pm

I was just wondering about it as far as the Paris Student Section was concerned, never seen a student section sit on the opposite side at any game before...except at State Tournament sites that designated student sections in particular areas of the gym..
I have . . .  especially if a team is SO good that the fans are always one the visitors side and students would prefer to be among themselves away from the "adults'..  Seen it a lot over the years in gyms of packed local fans..

fbisgreat

Let's get real here eagle-fan your home side wasn't full until the boy's game.And your kids have been on the vistor side the last 6-7 years so don't come on here saying overflow crowd.I was there at 5.30 had great seats a little past half court about10 rows high when the kids started during the girls game there was plenty of room on the home side.But it's all good cause if these teams play again at Paris i talked to a lot of CHS fans and were going to set on Paris side no body was standing over there.

eagle-fan

Quote from: fbisgreat on January 12, 2015, 06:46:16 pm
Let's get real here eagle-fan your home side wasn't full until the boy's game.And your kids have been on the vistor side the last 6-7 years so don't come on here saying overflow crowd.I was there at 5.30 had great seats a little past half court about10 rows high when the kids started during the girls game there was plenty of room on the home side.But it's all good cause if these teams play again at Paris i talked to a lot of CHS fans and were going to set on Paris side no body was standing over there.
You pay to get in , you darn well sit anywhere you like, in anyone's gym... Now time for  the National  football  Championship  playoffs.. Bye...

El Jefe

How bout y'all take this to the basketball forum. Nobody really cares about it. Or your coach quitting and getting in to admin...js

papaeagle

Quote from: El Jefe on January 12, 2015, 10:03:00 pm
How bout y'all take this to the basketball forum. Nobody really cares about it. Or your coach quitting and getting in to admin...js
If you don't like it that some Paris fans and coaches are paying some tribute to Coach H, then just move on to a topic you want to join in on. So, some DO care about sharing some "thank you" to their former coach or acquaintance and if you don't care, out of respect for the thread subject, buzz off. Nobody asked that this turn to a BB thread and I do agree with you that this issue should be started under its own thread subject. Anyone with a coach being around their town for decades as a player and coach would love to say a word about their "coach", and if you could care less, then I would hate to be the coach of YOUR team when you might want to say "goodbye" to him. Just click the next thread that you DO like... FF has a LOT of them to consider.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: eagle-fan on January 12, 2015, 05:58:08 pm
Chucktown Tiger.
    Seems like someone added a sentence about your post that sounds like he is attributing an added sentence to you. Possibly need to report to the Moderator on FF...  ???  Don't see a modification by you, so just food for thought. Nobody wants any slanderous type statement on FF being put under anyone else's name as a post addition.

Classic mistake!!!!! No need to go cry and tell someone!!!   Plus I like warrior

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas