• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Kendrick to the Scrappers

Started by SGT.HULKA, December 29, 2014, 01:20:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SGT.HULKA

I would not be surprised at all if Nashville doesn't make an offer to Coach Kendrick. He has to be looking at bettering his situation after an incredible run the past two years. I'm sure Nashville would pay him better and year after year he would have better overall talent. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

WPWells

Not happening. Do you have any sources on this?

ChucktownTiger

I don't see him going to Nashville. It's actually not even a concern. To me it's not even about the football team. It's where so u want to live and raise your family. I can assure you, knowing the Kendrick's, id be SHOCKED of they chose Nashville as the place to do that. If it comes down to Nashville or staying put, he'll be in Ctown no doubt!

Wicked Sally

nastynice

It's no doubt that Nashville is arguably the best job in 4a, 3a, and 2a. And they would be able to pay Kendrick more than Charleston could (should) offer. 

Ex: Dawson is currently making $21,000 more than Kendrick!

How many of you would like a 33% pay increase?

With that said, I still think he is waiting to go back to Gwood or Van Buren.  And that may be closer than we think, and that will keep him from going to Nashville.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: SGT.HULKA on December 29, 2014, 01:20:14 am
I would not be surprised at all if Nashville doesn't make an offer to Coach Kendrick. He has to be looking at bettering his situation after an incredible run the past two years. I'm sure Nashville would pay him better and year after year he would have better overall talent. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Ha😂

Sick Dog

Figured Nashville would go after Harbough. Nick Saban or Urban Meyer. Those are the only ones good enough to coach there

Proud Buckaroo

Sick Dog

Yea but according to Scrapper nation, Nashville is a better job

nuttinbuthogs

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$talks.  But everyone has reasons not to go somewhere.

Proud Buckaroo

Family is more important than money....

nuttinbuthogs

People have reasons to stay someplace as well, sometimes it's family.  However good families move around the country all the time and keep their family ties, happens every day.  Money is a strong motivator.

nuttinbuthogs

Seems every year I see where a coach that "would never leave town X" is packing his bags.   Coaches are competitive and often like the new challenge.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 09:01:25 am
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 29, 2014, 07:51:08 pm
Seems every year I see where a coach that "would never leave town X" is packing his bags.   Coaches are competitive and often like the new challenge.
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on December 29, 2014, 07:51:08 pm
Excellent point. Again, Coach Loughridge from Charleston of all places is the perfect example.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 09:01:25 am
And yes, inquiries have already been made. From both sides.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 29, 2014, 11:50:46 am
I don't see him going to Nashville. It's actually not even a concern. To me it's not even about the football team. It's where so u want to live and raise your family. I can assure you, knowing the Kendrick's, id be SHOCKED of they chose Nashville as the place to do that. If it comes down to Nashville or staying put, he'll be in Ctown no doubt!
if your naive enough to think its not about the football team then you indeed are naive. I'm sure Coach K has no intention to retire in Nashville but it would be a great opportunity for 3-5 years and then on to a 7A west type job. I can't imagine he would want to retire in Charleston either. Coach Loughridge didn't seem to want to retire in C'town

WPWells

People who aren't from Charleston don't understand the difference between Loughridge and Kendrick

Wolfpack68

Quote from: SGT.HULKA on December 29, 2014, 08:21:26 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 29, 2014, 11:50:46 am
if your naive enough to think its not about the football team then you indeed are naive. I'm sure Coach K has no intention to retire in Nashville but it would be a great opportunity for 3-5 years and then on to a 7A west type job. I can't imagine he would want to retire in Charleston either. Coach Loughridge didn't seem to want to retire in C'town
Are you saying family isn't more important. I know Smith had to make sure if it was ok with his family when he left and the same when Poole came. Family first, Team second.

WPWells

Everyone just take note that the guy who started this thread was the same guy who said that Prescott should just order the rings before the 2008 season. He obviously has no clue that family was the reason that Kendrick left Greenwood for Charleston in the first place

Sick Dog

Yea but he is from there isn't he? Bet Harbough didn't ask anyone to take that 48 million

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 08:54:48 pm
Everyone just take note that the guy who started this thread was the same guy who said that Prescott should just order the rings before the 2008 season. He obviously has no clue that family was the reason that Kendrick left Greenwood for Charleston in the first place
he left Greenwood to become a coordinator. And he, like every other ambitious coach knows that when a great opportunity comes along you take it. And that would be what's BEST for his family. Face it, he's not going to stay in Charleston much longer probably. Reality.

nuttinbuthogs

Going to Charleston from Greenwood would seem like a good move because more likely for the Charleston coach to move up in classification and K becomes HC than for the same thing to happen at Gwood.  So the move makes sense, get a better job title.

WPWells

Meet the man and then talk to me. You have no room to talk. If Greg Kendrick leaves Charleston to go to Nashville I will leave Fearless Friday forever

nuttinbuthogs

Oh, sorry.  I'm sure the coach is confiding in you when he considers his job opportunities.

WPWells

Oh sorry. I'm glad people who have no connections to Charleston know the man so well

Wonderdog

nuttinbuthogs

First of all, you have no idea whether I have a connection to Charleston or not.  Second, I don't need a connection to understand human nature and a tremendous job improvement and what $$$ mean for your family and how moving up and being successful can do for your career as you continue to rise.  Of course perhaps Kendrick doesn't want to go further up the ladder.  It happens once in a while, lack of ambition.

WPWells

December 29, 2014, 09:44:58 pm #27 Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 09:47:54 pm by 12th Man CHS
Kendrick came to Charleston because his wife wanted to come home and that's a fact. If you knew him you'd know that. It would have to be the absolute perfect situation for him to leave. Why did Poppa Frank never leave Barton during their run? Why has Carpenter never left Junction City? I guess that's lack of ambition too?

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 29, 2014, 09:44:58 pm
Kendrick came to Charleston because his wife wanted to come home and that's a fact. If you knew him you'd know that. It would have to be the absolute perfect situation for him to leave. Why did Poppa Frank never leave Barton during their run? Why has Carpenter never left Junction City? I guess that's lack of ambition too?
you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

nuttinbuthogs

Actually Poppa Frank did leave and then return because he found out he couldn't do the same things at the new school.

WPWells

Get back to me when he doesn't leave. I understand what you're saying, but like you said, sometimes a coach doesn't leave his school, and Kendrick is just one of those coaches. Who's your source by the way?

nuttinbuthogs

Oh no, if you give up your source you lose the trust factor.  And know this everyone has a price, it may not be money but they have a price.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hate to...but...gotta throw a little something in the conversation and then slide back out and read.  Yes, Kendrick's wife wanted back in chuck.  Was that the only reason?  Anyone else on here know what it's like working for Rick Jones?  Not that it's necessarily a bad thing working for him, just gotta add that to this valid thread.

nuttinbuthogs

Wasn't Kendrick looking to get out of coaching just prior to getting the job at Charleston?  Possibly something to do with the hours spend at another school?

nastynice

Don't get all tore up 12th man, Nashville is a big enough job that they will most likely want someone with more than 2 yrs of head coaching experience.  The way you Charleston guys talk, K's wife calls all the shots anyway! 

The Dynasty

STUNNA

Nashville will be a tough coaching gig for whoever gets it. It will take a special person that's for sure.

Clara Allen

Quote from: STUNNA on December 30, 2014, 08:55:09 pm
Nashville will be a tough coaching gig for whoever gets it. It will take a special person that's for sure.
That is a true statement.  Nashville folks take their football even more seriously than Charleston, if that is even possible. I don't envy anyone who goes to Lower Arkansad for that gig.  You don't win there you need to leave your boxes packed. And Nashville is a pretty closed town.  If you don't fit in you will hate it.  And I do know this from experience, not speculation!

nuttinbuthogs

Couple of very interesting developments in football this spring, Rville, Nville, and whatever schools HC takes the Nville job.

JohnBarleycorn

I'm going to go out on a small limb and say Kendrick stays.

hoghelmet14

My source says as of last night.... Coach K is going nowhere..... My source talked to him last night.... I trust my source!

Not that I care one way or the other....

HorseFeathers

Quote from: hoghelmet14 on January 02, 2015, 10:23:49 pm
My source says as of last night.... Coach K is going nowhere..... My source talked to him last night.... I trust my source!

Not that I care one way or the other....

Is your source 12th Man? LoL

WPWells

Wolfpack68

Sarge I just don't see Kendrick leaving, as does a lot of other people. I still don't understand why he needs to "improve his situation". There's no situation. Charleston is still a good football team. They may not be as good as they were these past 2 years but they're still Top 5 to me. He's gonna stay. Why would he move to Nashville the year after 2 in a row??

nuttinbuthogs

Perhaps a new challenge, perhaps more money, perhaps for a higher classification.  Moving up to higher levels allows him to keep moving up into higher levels if he continues to succeed.  He may wish for 7A one day.  Who knows what moves mens souls.

nuttinbuthogs

There is this thing called ego, perhaps that's all there need be.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on January 02, 2015, 11:25:06 pm
Sarge I just don't see Kendrick leaving, as does a lot of other people. I still don't understand why he needs to "improve his situation". There's no situation. Charleston is still a good football team. They may not be as good as they were these past 2 years but they're still Top 5 to me. He's gonna stay. Why would he move to Nashville the year after 2 in a row??
I understand what you're saying but I still will be real surprised if Coach Kendrick is in Charleston 3-4 years from now. He's not a small school guy originally and he will get offers every year because of the success the past two years. Not to mention the fact that he's an excellent YOUNG coach, emphasis intended. Young and innovative minds are very appealing to AD's and search committees and he is obviously both. I wish him nothing but the best wherever he eventually ends up.

nuttinbuthogs

Just curious.  What does innovative really mean in this day and age?

Lineman

In my opinion innovative means adapting your scheme to utilize the athletes you have in the program. If you can effectively run the spread, do it. If you have a couple of good backs, then its 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If your defense won't be scored on then lean on that. Doing whatever it takes to win. Which I think coach k is one of the best at doing these days.

SGT.HULKA

Quote from: Lineman on January 03, 2015, 11:16:24 pm
In my opinion innovative means adapting your scheme to utilize the athletes you have in the program. If you can effectively run the spread, do it. If you have a couple of good backs, then its 3 yards and a cloud of dust. If your defense won't be scored on then lean on that. Doing whatever it takes to win. Which I think coach k is one of the best at doing these days.
agreed

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas