• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-star game.

Started by Proud Buckaroo, December 16, 2014, 02:58:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

When does this list come out? I can't remember when I seen it last year.

nastynice

We already know some of the guys representing their conferences, the entire list should be out soon.

Sick Dog

Elmo may be in the all star game that may be why he isn't on the all state list. So another kid from Smackover could make all state. THis happened two years ago to a friend of mine's son.

nastynice

Sick Dog

If not he can move to JC and we will make sure he is all state

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2014, 08:01:55 pm
Is Elmo a senior?

Yes, Elmo is a senior. So. Hopefully he makes this list. He is very upset for not making the all-state list. He worked his butt off to shine his last year at Smackover.

Sick Dog

THen if he had that good of a year Im sure he is playing in the all star game. From looking at his highlights he is a shoe in for that.

adaptedtigerfan

How do you already know Nastynice??  Does the Booneville coaches not keep anything a secret over there?

The Dynasty

Storey and King should be in it for sure from C'town.

adaptedtigerfan

I garuntee Storey won't be in it.

The Dynasty

WPWells

He'll be nominated but won't participate

The Dynasty

neds

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 09:26:24 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2014, 09:23:49 pm

Again.... Why?

He will be long gone, graduates HS in a couple weeks and starts practicing with the big boys. No way the coaches sanction him playing in another HS game once he is on the hill.

The Dynasty

Quote from: neds on December 16, 2014, 09:29:27 pm
Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 09:26:24 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2014, 09:23:49 pm

Again.... Why?

He will be long gone, graduates HS in a couple weeks and starts practicing with the big boys. No way the coaches sanction him playing in another HS game once he is on the hill.

I could see a one series type deal. But you guys are prolly right.

nastynice

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 16, 2014, 09:06:52 pm
How do you already know Nastynice??  Does the Booneville coaches not keep anything a secret over there?
;D

Quote from: The Dynasty on December 16, 2014, 09:12:52 pm
Storey and King should be in it for sure from C'town.
Maybe King will go in Storey's place.  Someone will have to go in his place.

King HAS to be recognized for something! This kid was money.  Second best player on the best team in 3a, give him his credit! NOW!

DeeGee

King and Elmo both should be put in this game. Both have been outstanding players for their teams. By no means should they have been left out. Ridiculous in every sense of the word.

OLDSCHOOL82

Do they not send only one lineman and one back from each conference?

adaptedtigerfan

Last year it was Levi Young LT for Charleston and Chance Shelby WR for Charleston.   

nastynice

Does anyone know if they will send a replacement for Storey?  Will it go to the player that got the second most votes?

Wolfpack68

Stewart, Christopher, and Stewart should make it. Do juniors get to play?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 17, 2014, 11:13:46 am

No.  Learn a little about the all star game.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 17, 2014, 11:15:02 am

Just started this season OLDSCHOOL. Been on here for almost 3 months. Where is it played?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 17, 2014, 11:18:41 am

Just started this season OLDSCHOOL. Been on here for almost 3 months. Where is it played?

Didnt mean for that to sound harsh.  The All star game has been going on forever.

Hootie

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 17, 2014, 11:18:41 am

Fayetteville I believe.

STUNNA

KOJACK

December 17, 2014, 11:36:29 am #26 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:44:19 pm by KOJACK
I thought it was in Fayetteville.

Jack1990

Unless it has been moved, it was in Conway last year and the year before.

Clara Allen

December 17, 2014, 11:42:48 am #28 Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:45:44 am by warriorsforever2
All Star Week is in conjunction with all the coaches' clinics.  Unless they are moving it, it will be in Conway at UCA football game last year was on a Thursday night   It is a great time to see your seniors play one last time

According to the AAA calendar on their website,  All Star football game will be June 26.

nastynice

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 16, 2014, 09:06:52 pm

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2014, 07:56:17 pm
We already know some of the guys representing their conferences, the entire list should be out soon.
When I said "we", I ment 3a fans in general. Not "we" as in the Booneville fans or posters.

adaptedtigerfan

Who is your prediction nastynice

nastynice

December 18, 2014, 01:20:08 pm #31 Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 01:25:10 pm by nastynice
Hard to say. It will come down to 5 kids.
Storey
May
Shack
Posky
King

And if Storey doesn't go, then I think May or King will go.

Now choosing the lineman to represent us will be a hard one. It will be Posky or Shack for sure!

I'm going to predict Storey and Shack. And then they will send May in Storey's place.
That's just my prediction. Which I'm not very good at.

I will say that any combination of those 5 and I won't care at all. They all are worthy.
I think the Booneville and Charleston fans are winners either way!
What's your prediction?

adaptedtigerfan

nastynice

Congratulations to Shack and May!

Today's paper says that May and Shack both will be playing in the all-star game. It didn't say who else would be going, so some of you guys let us know who all else is going from other schools and conferences.

WPWells

And no one from Charleston. Something seems wrong with this picture

sevenof400

FYI: All All Star activities are in Conway for four more years as Conway won the contract to host all star games for five years starting in 2014. 

Long overdue is a rethink of the all star activities.  We've covered that elsewhere so I won't rehash it here but changing trends in college athletics (such as athletes enrolling in college in the spring of their senior years) is diminishing the talent and interest in an All Star game played in June. 

OLDSCHOOL82

12th, it was storeys spot to go.  May is in his spot.

WPWells

I understand. I just find it a shame that a 14-0 team won't have any representatives

sevenof400

Quote from: neds on December 16, 2014, 09:29:27 pm

As an aside, interesting to note that some schools prohibit their students from graduating early (they don't want to lose that state money) which would stand in the way of an athlete enrolling in the spring at a college / university.

Wolfpack68

When's the full list released?

WPWells

Because Coach Kendrkck was selected as head coach of the west, he gets to select a player to bring with him, correct?

WPWells

It appears Posky and King will both play in the all-star game per Kevin Taylor on Twitter

nastynice

That's cool. They deserve it.

Clara Allen

Hootens released the all star rosters.  Congrats to
All who were selected!

Clara Allen

Hootens released the all star rosters.  Congrats to
All who were selected!

Wolfpack68

Congrats to Khaalid Stewart and Rondarious Cone for making the West roster.

Proud Buckaroo

Yet another thing that Elmo did not make... Pretty sad for that kid. He definitely played his heart out this season...

Beaver Fever

If he is #7 I thought he was your best player

Proud Buckaroo

Yep.  That's who I'm talking about.

-Painted Fan-

Wow.
What more does he have to do to be given any respect and credit for his accomplishments?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas