• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG @ Glen Rose

Started by Hgalum50, November 09, 2018, 11:03:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnObvious

It's a great night ! Glen Rose goes down and Booneville wins !! Congrats to CHG , we will see ya in Logan County next week .

CoolBreeze

Quote from: jay nelvin on November 16, 2018, 10:05:02 pm
5-3A made some noise tonight!
I'd say they did. Three for three ain't bad.

SR30

Great game tonight CHG.. you guys played awesome!!! Good luck next week.

Hawg N GA

Wtg CHG !  Congrats from a Curley Wolf fan.

Hgalum50

I wasn't able to be there, but I'm dang proud of the fight in those Hornets. I also have alot of respect for Glen Rose. They are always a tough team to play. Congrats to my Hornets, and Congrats to Glen Rose on a great season.

HG Hornet

Quote from: SR30 on November 16, 2018, 10:19:54 pm
Great game tonight CHG.. you guys played awesome!!! Good luck next week.
Thank you, SR30.  Tonight's game was the best that I've seen the Hornets play all year....and that's with two turnovers and a dropped/fumbled reception that would have been a walk in touchdown.  Enjoyed visiting with you.  Congrats to your son on a fine high school football career and good luck in the future.  Much respect for you guys. 

DeeGee

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 09:57:44 pm
The Hornets not only played the Beavers tough tonight, they got the W. Congrats and best wishes for a good game next week at Booneville.

They will not beat Bonneville. Even if they were to, up next would be Prescott. They will lose to one of these to teams. They do not have the dynasty these two teams have. The first couple of rounds of playoffs gets the inadequate out of the way. Then you start thinking of real numbers and stats. Imo.

Hgalum50

Quote from: DeeGoldie on November 17, 2018, 12:38:03 am
They will not beat Bonneville. Even if they were to, up next would be Prescott. They will lose to one of these to teams. They do not have the dynasty these two teams have. The first couple of rounds of playoffs gets the inadequate out of the way. Then you start thinking of real numbers and stats. Imo.
Hmmm..good observation of both Prescott and Booneville having a dynasty! Since when has a dynasty had anything to do with winning a ball game. Barton had a dynasty at one point, heck there are alot of teams that have been good for really long periods. I ain't saying we beat Booneville, but the win totals haves nothing to do with the next game.

1wildcat

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 17, 2018, 12:47:47 am
Hmmm..good observation of both Prescott and Booneville having a dynasty! Since when has a dynasty had anything to do with winning a ball game. Barton had a dynasty at one point, heck there are alot of teams that have been good for really long periods. I ain't saying we beat Booneville, but the win totals haves nothing to do with the next game.
Sorry but that's just not true. And comparing a down Barton team doesn't apply here. Everybody has down years from time to time. But when you get this deep in the playoffs just look around at all the teams involved and try to understand that the ones with the deep winning tradition got that status by winning these type games more times than not. They have a habit of winning these games when they field a competitive team. That's how they got that winning tradition and it's why some teams don't have much of one. Every team also fields competitive teams from time to time, the reason they don't have a lengthy winning tradition is because when do make it this far they have a habit of losing. if you always bet on the one with the long winning tradition you will win more than you'll lose.

Hgalum50

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 17, 2018, 01:07:51 am
Sorry but that's just not true. And comparing a down Barton team doesn't apply here. Everybody has down years from time to time. But when you get this deep in the playoffs just look around at all the teams involved and try to understand that the ones with the deep winning tradition got that status by winning these type games more times than not. They have a habit of winning these games when they field a competitive team. That's how they got that winning tradition and it's why some teams don't have much of one. Every team also fields competitive teams from time to time, the reason they don't have a lengthy winning tradition is because when do make it this far they have a habit of losing. if you always bet on the one with the long winning tradition you will win more than you'll lose.
I was just making a point! I understand all that, but he was acting like HG hasn't had a winning tradition for a while now. Of course no state titles, but yes we are competitive year in and year out. We have beaten the Risons the Junction Citys the Glen Roses, and have hung in there with a powerful Rivercrest team and lost by 1. So if we are going by winning tradition then there you go.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 17, 2018, 01:07:51 am
This guy is from Traditionville Rison...we should all listen to him. Grove stands no chance next week. Put your money on Booneville! No team will ever be able to start a winning tradition. The teams that are already there have already monopolized that market. Just be happy with your quarter final appearances when you get those chances.
Get out of here clown. The games are played on the field not the existing trophy case. Will Harmony Grove beat Booneville next week? No clue! But the results of hat game will 100% be dependent upon the infield product and not games that their daddy's won back in the late 80's.
All hail Traditionville...where they take home field advantage to another level.

HGaluminTN

quicksand

Did GR's #74 play last night?

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 17, 2018, 06:48:21 am
This guy is from Traditionville Rison...we should all listen to him. Grove stands no chance next week. Put your money on Booneville! No team will ever be able to start a winning tradition. The teams that are already there have already monopolized that market. Just be happy with your quarter final appearances when you get those chances.
Get out of here clown. The games are played on the field not the existing trophy case. Will Harmony Grove beat Booneville next week? No clue! But the results of hat game will 100% be dependent upon the infield product and not games that their daddy's won back in the late 80's.
All hail Traditionville...where they take home field advantage to another level.
Just ignore this guy. I don't know where all these new "Rison" posters come from but most of them are awful. In all seriousness, congrats to The Grove on a big win from a true former mate.

ISU7

Quote from: DeeGoldie on November 17, 2018, 12:38:03 am
They do get the chance to play Booneville right?

HG Hornet

Quote from: quicksand on November 17, 2018, 07:18:46 am
Did GR's #74 play last night?
Yes he did.  Impressive looking kid. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: ISU7 on November 17, 2018, 08:13:37 am
They do get the chance to play Booneville right?
Might as well just forfeit and stay home and deer hunt, I guess.

quicksand

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 17, 2018, 08:14:35 am
Yes he did.  Impressive looking kid.
Glad to see GR was at full strength.

HG Hornet

November 17, 2018, 08:37:10 am #68 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:31:41 pm by CHG Hornet
Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 17, 2018, 07:30:43 am
In all seriousness, congrats to The Grove on a big win from a true former mate.
Thank you.  Our kids are trying to build something good......making it to round 4 the last two years and now beating a very good Glen Rose team on the road to make it to round 3, but then you get told "you can't win the big one because you've never done it before."  All the tradition rich teams had to win it the first time before they could win it the second time, and so on.  CHG has never been what you would call a perineal loser, but we've never played for a championship either so I guess we are not "tradition rich."  We've got a lot of young talent coming up behind this team, so we're working on building a winning tradition. 

Yes, Booneville will be heavily favored and yes, Prescott kicked our tails a few weeks back, but we're here and we're gonna make the trip and play the game.  This will be the third year in a row for us to be playing the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I think that says a lot about our team.

AmSycho

Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2018, 12:07:08 pm
Dads in lettermen's jackets 27 This years team complaining about Glen Rose 13

The Letterman jacket gets retired for another year.

HG Hornet

November 17, 2018, 09:02:12 am #70 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:14:04 am by CHG Hornet
Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 17, 2018, 08:37:10 am
Thank you.  Our kids are trying to build something good......making it to round 4 the last two years and now beating a very good Glen Rose team on the road to make it to round 3, but then you get told "you can't win the big one because you've never done it before."  All the tradition rich teams had to win it the first time before they could win it the second time, and so on.  CHG has never been what you would call a perineal loser, but we've never played for a championship either so I guess we are not "tradition rich."  We've got a lot of young talent coming up behind this team, so we're working on building a winning tradition. 

Yes, Booneville will be heavily favored and yes, Prescott kicked out tails a few weeks back, but we're here and we're gonna make the trip and play the game.  This will be the third year in a row for us to be playing the Friday after Thanksgiving.  I think that says a lot about our team.
I checked 3A (and 2A since that's where we were the past two years) and THE ONLY other team who can say they've played football three years in a row after Thanksgiving is Mt. Ida.  No, we haven't won it all, but we are building a tradition of winning in November.

I'm not thumping my chest, just trying to get others see what the Hornets have done since going 3-8 in 2014.  The Hornets' combined record from 2015-now is 34-16.  Not dominating by any means, but pretty good over a four year span I think.

Jimbo Morphis

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Hgalum50 on November 17, 2018, 12:47:47 am
Didn't help Charleston much.

CoolBreeze

beach bum

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 17, 2018, 09:52:04 am
So was Glen Rose.

Except Booneville is not Glen Rose..... Glen Rose would compare more to Clinton.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on November 17, 2018, 09:59:54 am
Except Booneville is not Glen Rose..... Glen Rose would compare more to Clinton.
Perhaps, Booneville would compare more to Clinton. After all, they haven't faced Prescott, yet.

1wildcat

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on November 17, 2018, 06:48:21 am
So sorry to hurt your feeling's. I didn't say the team with the lesser tradition has no chance. I said the odds are against it. CHG does have a good team this year, no doubting that. If you go back and look you will see that I picked CHG to eliminate GR. CHG has had a good run this year but in the past this is about where the best years have come to an end. Yes they have beaten Rison  before. But look at the all time record and you will see that it doesn't happen very often, so the odds are against it.
As far as this match up goes, even though CHG does have a chance of upsetting Booneville it's not much of one. Booneville will more than likely quit scoring when their coach decides to.

1wildcat

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 17, 2018, 07:30:43 am
Just ignore this guy. I don't know where all these new "Rison" posters come from but most of them are awful. In all seriousness, congrats to The Grove on a big win from a true former mate.
Jeez, where did all these weak minded and sensitive Rison poster's come from. Get over yourself, I never asked your approval.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 17, 2018, 10:31:22 am
Jeez, where did all these weak minded and sensitive Rison poster's come from. Get over yourself, I never asked your approval.
All you did was prove my point.

1wildcat

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 17, 2018, 12:14:55 pm
All you did was prove my point.
Really? If you even had a point it would have been as weak as it was wrong.

Fang

Quote from: beach bum on November 17, 2018, 09:59:54 am
glen rose can't hold Clinton's jock strap.

SR30

Apparently Clinton couldn't keep up with Prescott's jock strap last night. Seems it kept finding the end zone. And before you try and blast GR for losing yea we did. Camden HG whipped us last night. Difference is nobody from GR got on FF acting clowns because nobody "respected" us. We never ask for it but this past week Clinton demanded it, only to be embarrassed by a team from the south yet again. You are quickly taking over the most disrespected title from Glen Rose.

flow51

Quote from: SR30 on November 17, 2018, 03:15:51 pm
Apparently Clinton couldn't keep up with Prescott's jock strap last night. Seems it kept finding the end zone. And before you try and blast GR for losing yea we did. Camden HG whipped us last night. Difference is nobody from GR got on FF acting clowns because nobody "respected" us. We never ask for it but this past week Clinton demanded it, only to be embarrassed by a team from the south yet again. You are quickly taking over the most disrespected title from Glen Rose.
[/b]

I wouldn't go that far...

Fang

I'm not from Clinton. As far as another team taking your "most disrespected team" title away from you, (glen rose), that will never happen. Your team is a reflection of your coach.

Risonwildcat212

November 17, 2018, 07:06:51 pm #84 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:20:19 pm by Risonwildcat212
 Glen Rose is the only place I've been on an away game where they threw rocks at our team, band, and cheerleader buses. Also the only place where they proudly screamed the n word at our team. Disrespected? Maybe there's a reason for that.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 17, 2018, 07:06:51 pm
Glen Rose is the only place I've been on an away game where they threw rocks at our team, band, and cheerleader buses. Also the only place where they proudly screamed the n word at our team. Disrespected? Maybe there's a reason for that.
We've been to GR two years in a row and saw absolutely none of that either time. 

Hgalum50

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 17, 2018, 08:13:36 pm
We've been to GR two years in a row and saw absolutely none of that either time.
I guess that is what happens when you play them like 4 years in a row.

HG Hornet

beaverfan007

Congrats on the win and good luck next week

ROULETTE

Quote from: quicksand on November 17, 2018, 08:32:10 am
Glad to see GR was at full strength.

GR was no where near full strength. RB, QB were both banged up with quad injuries.  Starting RB played one series. QB was probably 50% full health.  Regardless of full strength or not, CHG won the big play battle and ultimately the game.  Hats off to them

flow51

Quote from: ROULETTE on November 19, 2018, 06:12:30 pm
GR was no where near full strength. RB, QB were both banged up with quad injuries.  Starting RB played one series. QB was probably 50% full health.  Regardless of full strength or not, CHG won the big play battle and ultimately the game.  Hats off to them

How did I know this was coming?? Is there any team at this point of the season at full strength??? The answer in NO!

beaverfan007

If chg plays like they did Friday night they I'll beat booneville it will be a close game

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ROULETTE on November 19, 2018, 06:12:30 pm
And the dog ate my homework.

SR30

November 20, 2018, 11:44:25 am #94 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:18:35 pm by SR30
So glad my son is finished with high school football. Now we can leave all you bored FF trolls who think a parent should not support and brag about their kid. First let me clear some things up.

1. To the clowns who say the team and it's players are a direct reflection of the coach I applaud you. If this is true then my son is a upstanding young man who shows great sportsmanship and gives 100% effort every play because of the coaching staff. In fact this entire senior class is a reflection of that coach.

2nd-nobody from GR has made excuses for not winning Friday night. CHG beat us straight up. No we were not 100% but no team ever is.

And 3rd- I guess you guys and your lettermen jacket jokes think you are funny. When in fact you are sad people who have nothing or nobody to be proud of. I will continue to support my son next season as he has been offered a chance to play on a D1 FBS team this last weekend.

So with that said, I hope you people that get your rocks off by bashing others have a great future here on FF. Maybe one day you will make it out of your moms basement.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: SR30 on November 20, 2018, 11:44:25 am
So glad my son is finished with high school football. Now we can leave all you bored FF trolls who think a parent should not support and brag about their kid behind. First let me clear some things up.

1. To the clowns who say the team and it's players are a direct reflection of the coach I applaud you. If this is true then my son is a upstanding young man who shows great sportsmanship and gives 100% effort every play because of the coaching staff. In fact this entire senior class is a reflection of that coach.

2nd-nobody from GR has made excuses for not winning Friday night. CHG beat us straight up. No we were not 100% but no team ever is.

And 3rd- I guess you guys and your lettermen jacket jokes think you are funny. When in fact you are sad people who have nothing or nobody to be proud of. I will continue to support my son next season as he has been offered a chance to play on a D1 FBS team this last weekend.

So with that said, I hope you people that get your rocks off by bashing others have a great future here on FF. Maybe one day you will make it out of your moms basement.
You can brag about your kids behind all you want.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on November 20, 2018, 11:44:25 am
So glad my son is finished with high school football. Now we can leave all you bored FF trolls who think a parent should not support and brag about their kid behind. First let me clear some things up.

Counseling could help with you anger issues.

SR30

Oldman you are the prime example of a poor deranged person who gets his kicks hiding behind the keyboard. It makes me sad to know you were bullied so bad in school that your mom had to walk you to class and hold your hand until you graduated.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SR30 on November 20, 2018, 12:16:57 pm
Oldman you are the prime example of a poor deranged person who gets his kicks hiding behind the keyboard. It makes me sad to know you were bullied so bad in school that your mom had to walk you to class and hold your hand until you graduated.
Who said I graduated and many people know me on here. I'm not good at hiding.

SR30

I've never found you important enough to know so I guess that is my fault.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas