• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs Danville

Started by imtie, November 09, 2018, 10:11:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flow51

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 13, 2018, 01:15:27 pm
If Osceola and smackover wins Friday, what is the weather looking like for next week in smackover and El Dorado? And if you guys know, will the game be played in El Dorado? Just curious

As a safety concern... they should! But I can promise you that they don't want to play Osceola on turf. This has been the wettest November in 3 years for south Arkansas. Who knows what next week brings but I'll go out on a limb and say that the Smackover field will still be horrendous.

WHITEchicken

Horse Shoe

November 13, 2018, 02:21:38 pm #52 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:27:39 pm by Horse Shoe
Quote from: flow51 on November 13, 2018, 10:51:38 am
With this game being moved... we ALL know that the field won't be any "SAFER" the next week against Osceola. We shall see...
My original response was to this post Mr. Breeze. I don't count chickens.

sax2play8

My question why move it to El Dorado when there is a nice unused field in norphlet?

Linebacker

Why have home field advantage if you are gonna play on another teams field?

flow51

Quote from: Linebacker on November 13, 2018, 07:03:12 pm
Why have home field advantage if you are gonna play on another teams field?

Because someone thought they needed a indoor facility more than addressing the field issues...

WHITEchicken

Sick Dog

I bet they don't move next week's game to El Dorado playing against Osceola. IF so then they will wish they hadn't. They have a field at Norphlet that hasn't been used so why not use it? Because they want to be on a field where they can out run people. Maybe Danville will keep it close to halftime and make some halftime adjustments and move game back to smackover.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 13, 2018, 08:41:18 pm
I bet they don't move next week's game to El Dorado playing against Osceola. IF so then they will wish they hadn't. They have a field at Norphlet that hasn't been used so why not use it? Because they want to be on a field where they can out run people. Maybe Danville will keep it close to halftime and make some halftime adjustments and move game back to smackover.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 13, 2018, 08:41:18 pm
+1 bet not play Osceola in El Dorado. If Osceola beats Mansfield which shouldn't be a problem

Horse Shoe

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 13, 2018, 11:38:21 pm
+1 bet not play Osceola in El Dorado. If Osceola beats Mansfield which shouldn't be a problem
We'd rather not play Osceola at all.  If we both win Friday, I'd ask kindly if you could convince them to forfeit the following week.  It will be much appreciated.

JeffSavagIV

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 13, 2018, 02:21:38 pm
My original response was to this post Mr. Breeze. I don't count chickens.
Then why did your post show the following quote "better focus on Danville before you worry about Osceola" before your response?

Horse Shoe

November 14, 2018, 12:21:41 pm #63 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:23:42 pm by Horse Shoe
Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 14, 2018, 12:14:11 pm
Then why did your post show the following quote "better focus on Danville before you worry about Osceola" before your response?
Original response.
I.  Don't.  Count.  Chickens.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 12:21:41 pm
Original response.
I.  Don't.  Count.  Chickens.
Like trying to herd chickens.

CoolBreeze

WHITEchicken

Kevin

Kevin

Kevin

Kevin

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2018, 08:10:44 am
No smackover gonna smackover Danville
No it's just gonna be a tie

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2018, 08:11:10 am
No it's just gonna be a tie
Out of fear that they may have to face Osceola if they win.  The Bucks decided to just forfeit to Danville.  They are just gonna stay home and make mud pies.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2018, 08:33:27 pm
Makes no sense.
Have you ever tried to herd owls? I don't think you'd have a lot of success.

Smackover Fan

Smackover wins this one. Little John's get frustrated at Smackovers defensive speed.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Smackover Fan on November 15, 2018, 03:39:45 pm
Smackover wins this one. Little John's get frustrated at Smackovers defensive speed.

I think this game will be closer than most think.  Danville has a pretty good defense and can move the ball very well.  I f they can fix their turnover and sill mistakes this could be a game.  If the game was in the mud I would take Danville but on truf advantage goes to Smackover.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 15, 2018, 04:00:24 pm
I think this game will be closer than most think.  Danville has a pretty good defense and can move the ball very well.  I f they can fix their turnover and sill mistakes this could be a game.  If the game was in the mud I would take Danville but on truf advantage goes to Smackover.
I'm surprised to see anyone from the 1-3A pick a team from that conference to lose. Most of your posters picked Charleston over Clinton. Many by a lot.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 15, 2018, 05:25:29 pm
I'm surprised to see anyone from the 1-3A pick a team from that conference to lose. Most of your posters picked Charleston over Clinton. Many by a lot.

I'm a realist

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 15, 2018, 04:00:24 pm

To elaborate on my prediction. I don't think Smackover will run them up and down the field early, I just think over time it will get frustrating. I'm excited, because tomorrow night has the potential to be a good showing of skill players.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Smackover Fan on November 15, 2018, 06:23:21 pm
To elaborate on my prediction. I don't think Smackover will run them up and down the field early, I just think over time it will get frustrating. I'm excited, because tomorrow night has the potential to be a good showing of skill players.
I would have to agree with that statement.   I think your spot on

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Smackover Fan on November 15, 2018, 06:23:21 pm
+1  When it gets down to the playoffs, most of the teams are comparable when it comes to speed and skill players.  You just don't see a glaring difference between teams like you do during the regular season.  I have learned over the years to never "chalk one up" after the first round.

WHITEchicken

Headhunter15

seeya

Headhunter15

Quote from: seeya on November 16, 2018, 10:17:14 am
Danville 27 Smackover 21

I like feedback a lot so how do you see Danville pulling this one off? No bs I really want to see your view and reasoning on how Smackover gets upset. What does Danville have to do ?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 16, 2018, 11:18:48 am

I like feedback a lot so how do you see Danville pulling this one off? No bs I really want to see your view and reasoning on how Smackover gets upset. What does Danville have to do ?
Score at least one more point than the Bucks.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 16, 2018, 11:18:48 am

Danville is a really good team their only problem this year is they have made a lot of silly mistakes and turned the ball over.  If they clean that up they will have a chance against most teams.

Headhunter15

I'd really like for Smackover to up the tempo. Cramps haven't been a problem this season so why not

seeya

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 16, 2018, 11:30:43 am
Danville is a really good team their only problem this year is they have made a lot of silly mistakes and turned the ball over.  If they clean that up they will have a chance against most teams.
Agreed! If they can also limit the big plays. Danville is a well rounded team with about 23 seniors and a good group of coaches. Smackover has more speed, but I just think Danville is a more rounded team. We shall see!

LJ1985

For me, Danville is going have to give their QB some time to throw the ball.  They have a good group of 4 or 5 receivers so it is hard to cover all of them.   I also think that Danville will need to hold their own in the trenches.   With injuries they will be starting two sophomores on the line.   On defense, I think they will have to contain the Smackover speed.   They also need to find a way to create a couple of turnovers on defense and limit the stupid penalties on both sides of the ball.  Last week against Yellville we had 13 penalties for 120 yards while they only had one. 

If they can do these things, they have a chance to be in the game.  If not, could be a very long night.

Horse Shoe

Finally game day.  This has been a long two weeks.  The couple of off weeks we had earlier in the season seemed to have little to no effect on the teams performance.  I look for the Bucks to be ready to go.  Don't know a whole lot about Danville other than what I've seen on paper.  I think this one stays close in the first half.  Bucks take over after halftime.

Bucks 44
Little Johns  20

JeffSavagIV

Quote from: seeya on November 16, 2018, 12:06:50 pm
Agreed! If they can also limit the big plays. Danville is a well rounded team with about 23 seniors and a good group of coaches. Smackover has more speed, but I just think Danville is a more rounded team. We shall see!
Sorry in advance because I don't want to come off as a jerk or anything but I'm generally curious by your definition of more well rounded?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 16, 2018, 12:50:20 pm
Finally game day.  This has been a long two weeks.  The couple of off weeks we had earlier in the season seemed to have little to no effect on the teams performance.  I look for the Bucks to be ready to go.  Don’t know a whole lot about Danville other than what I’ve seen on paper.  I think this one stays close in the first half.  Bucks take over after halftime.

Bucks 44
Little Johns  20
I'm betting that open date didn't hurt at all getting ready to face CenterPoint and Horatio.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Oldman on November 16, 2018, 01:14:22 pm
I'm betting that open date didn't hurt at all getting ready to face CenterPoint and Horatio.
It's not about who was up next.  We looked sharp.  We never had that knock the rust off first quarter.

Headhunter15

Is there any way to watch this game tonight ?

Horse Shoe

Horse Shoe

xadboy

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 15, 2018, 05:25:29 pm
Not sure what you mean by that conference, Danville isn't in the 1-3A. That being said Smackover by 28.

dc3

Smackover Fan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas