• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs Danville

Started by imtie, November 09, 2018, 10:11:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

imtie

Smackover coming off a bye with the field still mud I say 28-14 half 45-21 final. Smackover will be just to much for the little johns

LJ1985

It could indeed be a long night for the Johns if they don't play any better than they did tonight.  Yellville had nine, that's right, nine turnovers.  Can't see Smackover turning it over that much.  Danville will need much better defensive effort.  Way too many yards given up tonight.

1wildcat

Danville should just sit this one out.

Horse Shoe

November 10, 2018, 07:22:56 am #3 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 07:34:00 am by Horse Shoe
Danville needs to find a muddy field to practice on this week.  Because, they will be playing on one Friday night.

knownothingboutfallball

Danville may just shock the state

imtie

flow51

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 10, 2018, 07:22:56 am
Danville needs to find a muddy field to practice on this week.  Because, they will be playing on one Friday night.
Naw... proud buckaroo said it would have plenty of time to dry out... ???
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on November 03, 2018, 09:50:49 am
Field has two weeks to dry. Nice try though.

Allen T

For Danville to even have a chance they HAVE to do a better job with all their mistakes. Each and every week for the past several years it been: Block in the back/offsides-you name it, the Little Johns have done it. Friday night was no difference. I can understand if it was early in the season but for this many mistakes in a playoff game! I hate to say it but this falls on the coaching staff. You cannot win against a good team like Smackover and have 10 to 12 pentalties  like last friday night.

shiloh forever

blackandoldgold

Think Smackover has too much for Danville in this game.

Jimbo Morphis

Horse Shoe

Quote from: flow51 on November 10, 2018, 05:37:35 pm
Naw... proud buckaroo said it would have plenty of time to dry out... ???
Don't think so. It has rained quite a bit this week, and supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.  With the condition the field is in right now, it would take ten dry days for it to get right.  Gonna be muddy if we host a third round game too.

ISU7

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 11, 2018, 01:33:28 pm
Don't think so. It has rained quite a bit this week, and supposed to rain tonight and tomorrow.  With the condition the field is in right now, it would take ten dry days for it to get right.  Gonna be muddy if we host a third round game too.
The muddy field may save yall against Osceola one of their fans told me today that the Noles are 20 points better than Smackover at Smackover. 🤔WOW!!!!!!

imtie

Quote from: ISU7 on November 11, 2018, 11:03:15 pm
The muddy field may save yall against Osceola one of their fans told me today that the Noles are 20 points better than Smackover at Smackover. 🤔WOW!!!!!!

Did you tell them to get their head checked?

ISU7

Quote from: imtie on November 11, 2018, 11:05:46 pm
Did you tell them to get their head checked?
The person that said it definitely need his head checked lol.

501Arkansas

Idk about Osceola being 20 points better but if both teams win this week, we all will find out who is the better team

Skip Baymore

November 11, 2018, 11:58:06 pm #16 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 12:05:20 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Oldman on November 11, 2018, 12:12:19 pm
Speed kills. That is all

A concise and accurate analysis in this one IMO.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 11, 2018, 11:51:04 pm
Idk about Osceola being 20 points better but if both teams win this week, we all will find out who is the better team
We'll stick to dealing with Danville for now.  If the Bucks and Noles both win this week, I'm sure the game of the week will be in Smackover next week.

Coach Saban

Danville is about to get smacked. 48-14

Mr. Neutral

Danville by 40, Greg gonna get them ankles broke

seeya

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Mr. Neutral on November 12, 2018, 01:14:07 pm
Danville by 40, Greg gonna get them ankles broke
You're gonna have to break way more than two ankles to win by 40 at the pit.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 12, 2018, 02:30:22 pm
You're gonna have to break way more than two ankles to win by 40 at the pit.
Hard to score 40 points when you have to wear hip boots.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 12, 2018, 05:15:07 pm
Hard to score 40 points when you have to wear hip boots.
Might need waders after today.

WHITEchicken

The last team to say they were gonna break his ankles watched him run for over 200 yards and some TDs

dc3

The game has been moved to El Dorado's Memorial Stadium

HeadBussa08

last time that happened I believe ISU and his boys from Rivercrest won a semi final game. not a good sign for smack lol

Jimbo Morphis

I know some of the Smackover people won't like this but it is a good move for Smackover's speed.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HeadBussa08 on November 13, 2018, 09:22:23 am
last time that happened I believe ISU and his boys from Rivercrest won a semi final game. not a good sign for smack lol

Yes, this surprises me. But this time the field is REALLY bad. You all seen what it looked like against CHG. There hasn't been much slack in the rain this week. It's a lot worse now. Not sure if this is just for this week or not.

Coach Jones

The Danville defense is actually pretty darn good.  I really don't see 40 scored on them, even though I do figure Smackover is the superior team.  I have witnessed the destructive power of Smackover a couple of times in the playoffs the last few years, and it wasn't fun.

This year Mayflower put up 40 on Danville and Glen Rose 34. 

Smackover 34-14

WHITEchicken

I don't understand what speed has to do with the turf equation. If you look at the field it has to do with safety. The field is in the worst shape I have seen it in recent memory.. I know when we changed the rivercrest game to Eldo people said we were trying to take advantage of our speed. Not the case and the field is even worse now.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 13, 2018, 10:06:05 am
I don't understand what speed has to do with the turf equation. If you look at the field it has to do with safety. The field is in the worst shape I have seen it in recent memory.. I know when we changed the rivercrest game to Eldo people said we were trying to take advantage of our speed. Not the case and the field is even worse now.
Mud neutralizes speed, you ever ran and cut in mud? Talent can be upset on a muddy field.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 13, 2018, 10:06:05 am
I don’t understand what speed has to do with the turf equation. If you look at the field it has to do with safety. The field is in the worst shape I have seen it in recent memory.. I know when we changed the rivercrest game to Eldo people said we were trying to take advantage of our speed. Not the case and the field is even worse now.
Rivercrest has speed also.

Horse Shoe

When the Rivercrest game was moved, our coach flat out said the move was to be able to take advantage of our speed.  He then proceeded to get out coached and out smarted by the Colts staff.  I believe this move is strictly based on the safety of Both teams.

LJ1985

We have been told the Danville/Smackover game has been moved to Memorial Stadium in El Dorado for Friday night.

Coach Jones

Last year Smackover ran over Lamar in the first round speed had little to do with it.   
And yes it was at Smackover and the field was pretty rough.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: LJ1985 on November 13, 2018, 10:41:22 am
We have been told the Danville/Smackover game has been moved to Memorial Stadium in El Dorado for Friday night.
The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Oldman on November 13, 2018, 10:40:10 am
Rivercrest has speed also.
I think we had more playmakers than the Colts did that year. We just failed to use our weapons properly. Of course, I am a little biased.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 13, 2018, 10:38:57 am
Mud neutralizes speed, you ever ran and cut in mud? Talent can be upset on a muddy field.
Like last week at McGehee?

flow51

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 13, 2018, 10:40:47 am
When the Rivercrest game was moved, our coach flat out said the move was to be able to take advantage of our speed.  He then proceeded to get out coached and out smarted by the Colts staff.  I believe this move is strictly based on the safety of Both teams.

With this game being moved... we ALL know that the field won't be any "SAFER" the next week against Osceola. We shall see...

Wrestlingbeaver13

Quote from: Coach Jones on November 13, 2018, 09:41:43 am
The Danville defense is actually pretty darn good.  I really don't see 40 scored on them, even though I do figure Smackover is the superior team.  I have witnessed the destructive power of Smackover a couple of times in the playoffs the last few years, and it wasn't fun.

Smackover 34-14

???????

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coach Jones on November 13, 2018, 09:41:43 am

Smackover 34-14
Maybe he means that Smackover is the equal of Glen Rose but not Mayflower.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 13, 2018, 10:59:14 am
Maybe he means that Smackover is the equal of Glen Rose but not Mayflower.

We will see......  8) 8) 8) 8)

Wrestlingbeaver13

Idk coolbreeze.. I do know that Mayflower only scored 14 against Glen Rose. 40-14 was the final.

Bearcatdad

Danville stood a chance with the muddy field but turf will hurt the Little Johns.  Will Smackover play next week in the mud or on turf, that will be the real question??

Horse Shoe

Quote from: flow51 on November 13, 2018, 10:51:38 am
With this game being moved... we ALL know that the field won't be any "SAFER" the next week against Osceola. We shall see...
I don't like the idea of facing Osceola on turf, but that's not my call. I would hate to see players get injured on either side for the sake of a perceived advantage.

seeya

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 13, 2018, 11:13:45 am
I don't like the idea of facing Osceola on turf, but that's not my call. I would hate to see players get injured on either side for the sake of a perceived advantage.
better focus on Danville before you worry about Osceola.

Horse Shoe

November 13, 2018, 12:04:08 pm #47 Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:06:10 pm by Horse Shoe
Quote from: seeya on November 13, 2018, 11:31:40 am
better focus on Danville before you worry about Osceola.
I'm just a fan.  I'll leave that up to the coaches and players. 

501Arkansas

If Osceola and smackover wins Friday, what is the weather looking like for next week in smackover and El Dorado? And if you guys know, will the game be played in El Dorado? Just curious

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 13, 2018, 12:04:08 pm
I'm just a fan.  I'll leave that up to the coaches and players.
I think the point was "don't count your chickens..."

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas