• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HA @ Lamar

Started by Warriors023, November 09, 2018, 09:45:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriors023

Harding travels to Lamar to face the warriors in round 2.

CoolBreeze

Two good teams, but both have had issues with consistency. So, it depends on who shows up.

Clara Allen

I know very little about HA, but historically they are a very well coached and usually talented team.  I do know the Warriors.  A second round home game is few and far between for us.  If they come out and play like the Warriors against Greenland and Mansfield, then it will be a good day for us.  If they come out flat and stay flat, then it will be a long night.
Last night's game was a lot better than the last two weeks.  High emotion on the field and the sideline.  We have played almost the entire season without two of our better linemen.  Both of them went down with injuries early on.  We have adjusted to this and played to the best we could.
We scratched and clawed last night when we lost the lead.    We played hard. 
I have faith in my team.  Close game and I am hoping for another game

CoolBreeze

Harding Academy has a more balanced offense than in recent years averaging 231 yards per game through the air and 182 on the ground, per MaxPreps. From my perspective, their Achilles heel has been stopping a power rushing game.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2018, 08:35:00 am
Harding Academy has a more balanced offense than in recent years averaging 231 yards per game through the air and 182 on the ground, per MaxPreps. From my perspective, their Achilles heel has been stopping a power rushing game.

I would think that's fair. But Clinton was too much for HA size wise. Hampton ran away from us. I think HA can handle it fine when they can come close to matching up size and speed wise. Lamar allows that. Should be a good one. I think if HA plays well, they'll win. But they'll need to play well for sure.

AllBarkNoBite

Pulling for HA in this one. The coaches at HA have done a great job with this team that isn't as talented as past teams.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on November 10, 2018, 08:48:18 am
I would think that's fair. But Clinton was too much for HA size wise. Hampton ran away from us. I think HA can handle it fine when they can come close to matching up size and speed wise. Lamar allows that. Should be a good one. I think if HA plays well, they'll win. But they'll need to play well for sure.
The Hampton backs also fought hard for the extra yard after contact.

Hitman Warrior23

November 10, 2018, 09:24:27 pm #7 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:09:45 pm by Hitman Warrior23
I worry about HA passing attack honestly. If the Warriors can get down to business in the secondary I believe they can pull it out.  (Just going off of what I've seen on stats)  at this stage of the game you can't afford an "off night" that will be the factor, the that shows up will win.   (As corny as that sounds)

blackandoldgold

Both teams about evenly matched. Going with Lamar to edge Harding Academy.

Skip Baymore

On paper, this should be a great second round match up.  Two real good teams who can be very good sometimes and average at others.  HA has a higher ceiling than Lamar, IMO, but will need to play a cleaner game than against Greenland to beat the Warriors on the road (3 or 4 T.O.s against Greenland).  Should be a good one.   And congrats. to HA for 15 consecutive appearances in at least the 2nd round.  Something to be said for that. 

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Skip Baymore on November 10, 2018, 11:15:04 pm
On paper, this should be a great second round match up.  Two real good teams who can be very good sometimes and average at others.  HA has a higher ceiling than Lamar, IMO, but will need to play a cleaner game than against Greenland to beat the Warriors on the road (3 or 4 T.O.s against Greenland).  Should be a good one.   And congrats. to HA for 15 consecutive appearances in at least the 2nd round.  Something to be said for that.
+1

TheTruth2010

I can see this game going similar to last weeks game. Lamar by one score

Coach Saban

Lamar getting matched up with bad teams. Won't survive this week. HA by 14.

Warriors023

The travel time for Harding may play a small factory in this one, but I believe Harding will have trouble stopping Lamar's power run game. Jones will HAVE to play keep away with Hardings offense to take out the win. I'll take Lamar in a nail biter, 28-21

panther07

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 13, 2018, 01:11:32 am
The travel time for Harding may play a small factory in this one, but I believe Harding will have trouble stopping Lamar's power run game. Jones will HAVE to play keep away with Hardings offense to take out the win. I'll take Lamar in a nail biter, 28-21

That doesn't seem like you.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 13, 2018, 01:11:32 am
If Lamar has a running attack comparable to Clinton or Hampton, they will give the Wildcats trouble. But if HA's aerial attack is clicking, they can put up enough points to outscore most anyone.

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 13, 2018, 10:23:20 am
If Lamar has a running attack comparable to Clinton or Hampton, they will give the Wildcats trouble. But if HA's aerial attack is clicking, they can put up enough points to outscore most anyone.

They'd get run off the field by Clinton. 100%. They aren't anywhere near that caliber.

panther07

MICHAELSPAPPY

I would love to see the Warriors have one solid, complete game of defense against a passing team when it all came together. This would be a nice time for it to happen.

panther07

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on November 14, 2018, 02:33:07 pm
I would love to see the Warriors have one solid, complete game of defense against a passing team when it all came together. This would be a nice time for it to happen.

Oh but don't Be so fooled. There's 1800 yards in the backfield.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on November 14, 2018, 02:39:31 pm
Oh but don't Be so fooled. There's 1800 yards in the backfield.
And 1665 of that is two guys.

Warriors023

Parmenter and James would have that many yards in that conference. Not saying much.

panther07

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 14, 2018, 04:22:33 pm
Parmenter and James would have that many yards in that conference. Not saying much.

Congrats. You run the double wing. Your failure to see the difference in the two is very telling.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Interestingly, MaxPreps and Hootens both rank HA one notch ahead of Lamar, so it ought to be a barnburner on paper.

Warriors023

Quote from: panther07 on November 14, 2018, 04:43:02 pm
Congrats. You run the double wing. Your failure to see the difference in the two is very telling.
Difference in what? The offenses?? Harding CAN NOT stop a decent downhill running game. It's been proven against Clinton and bald knob, and it will be proven again Friday night.

panther07

November 14, 2018, 10:47:37 pm #25 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 10:54:04 pm by panther07
Quote from: Warriors023 on November 14, 2018, 10:45:52 pm
Difference in what? The offenses?? Harding CAN NOT stop a decent downhill running game. It's been proven against Clinton and bald knob, and it will be proven again Friday night.

Comparing yourself to Clinton is so laughable. The week after Charleston skull drug you guys, they got beat by Clinton 49-0... FOURTY NINE TO ZERO. You goobers over there really thought Charleston was going to win. You guys have blinders on on that side of the state about the quality of football being played.

also, bald knob had less than 100 yards rushing. What else you got?

1wildcat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 10, 2018, 08:35:00 am
I think HA pulls this one out. But my goodness, they better get that rushing defense together if they have to face Rison.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: panther07 on November 14, 2018, 10:47:37 pm
Comparing yourself to Clinton is so laughable. The week after Charleston skull drug you guys, they got beat by Clinton 49-0... FOURTY NINE TO ZERO. You goobers over there really thought Charleston was going to win. You guys have blinders on on that side of the state about the quality of football being played.

Yeah your right we don't know anything about quality football on this side of the state.  ;D 8) ;D

panther07

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 15, 2018, 08:08:09 am
Yeah your right we don't know anything about quality football on this side of the state.  ;D 8) ;D

Well. You guys thought Charleston was good last week. That'll always be on your resume.

Kevin

Not sure who to pick.. Should be a close one

MICHAELSPAPPY

Weather ought to be ideal. Temp in the 40s, clear, little wind.

Wonderdog

November 15, 2018, 10:01:20 am #31 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 01:25:24 pm by Wonderdog
Lamar Weaknesses: Pass defense, If they end up having to play catch up it will be unfavorable

Harding Weaknesses: Run defense, QB is good but will throw it up for grabs occasionally

Lamar Strengths: Home field, run defense, strong nose and middle linebacker play, not very fast overall, #5

Harding Strengths: Does not allow much pressure on QB, QB gets rid of the ball quickly, Effective short passing game, exceptional tacklers, #44

Overall: This should be a pretty competitive game. I think Harding pulls it our by no more than two TD's.

panther07

Quote from: Wonderdog on November 15, 2018, 10:01:20 am
Lamar Weaknesses: Pass defense, If they end up having to play catch up it will be unfavorable

Harding Weaknesses: Run defense, QB is good but will throw it up for grabs occasionally

Lamar Strengths: Home field, run defense, strong nose and middle linebacker play, not very fast overall, #5

Harding Strengths: Does not allow much pressure on QB, QB gets rid of the ball quickly, Effective short passing game, exceptional tacklers, #41

Overall: This should be a pretty competitive game. I think Harding pulls it our by no more than two TD's.

I think we got #5 and #41 mixed on the teams.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: panther07 on November 15, 2018, 08:16:44 am
Well. You guys thought Charleston was good last week. That'll always be on your resume.
Nope not good just supporting our conference.  Looking forward to our match up if both teams keep winning and maybe we will see what good football is all about.  ;D

panther07

November 15, 2018, 10:14:08 am #34 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:15:41 am by panther07
Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 15, 2018, 10:09:01 am
Nope not good just supporting our conference.  Looking forward to our match up if both teams keep winning and maybe we will see what good football is all about.  ;D

You chant "SEC! SEC!" Too don't you?

And I'd be surprised if we got there. I don't think HA is a world beater right now. Just think we're better than everybody in that league you guys think is so strong besides Booneville.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: panther07 on November 15, 2018, 10:14:08 am
You chant "SEC! SEC!" Too don't you?

And I'd be surprised if we got there. I don't think HA is a world beater right now. Just think we're better than everybody in that league you guys think is so strong besides Booneville.
No don't really care for the SEC to be honest.  I can assure you we know what quality football is in Booneville tho!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on November 14, 2018, 10:47:37 pm

Several predicted at blowout Charleston victory.

Wonderdog

Quote from: panther07 on November 15, 2018, 10:05:48 am
I think we got #5 and #41 mixed on the teams.
Close, I meant #44 for Harding. #5 for Lamar is their guy. #5 for Harding wasn't bad either, but they have a higher abundance of offensive weapons than Lamar in my opinion.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Wonderdog on November 15, 2018, 01:25:08 pm
Close, I meant #44 for Harding. #5 for Lamar is their guy. #5 for Harding wasn't bad either, but they have a higher abundance of offensive weapons than Lamar in my opinion.
With over 1600 all-purpose yards, I'd say Harding's No. 5 had a pretty fair year for a running back in a pass-oriented offense. And he's a junior.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Well, I am going to say that finally Lamar's pass defense works and the running game works like it ought to, and everything comes together, and the Warriors go to the quarterfinals for the first time since 2015.

xadboy

Warriors take care business. 30 to 28

Wonderdog

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 15, 2018, 03:26:32 pm
With over 1600 all-purpose yards, I'd say Harding's No. 5 had a pretty fair year for a running back in a pass-oriented offense. And he's a junior.
I completely agree with you. Harding also has several options besides #5 to help them get the job done in this game. If #5 for Harding is held in check tonight, they are capable of winning this game through other players. Lamar on the other hand depends on their #5 a lot more to seal up the win.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Will the video streaming of the game be available.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Wonderdog on November 16, 2018, 11:12:14 am
I completely agree with you. Harding also has several options besides #5 to help them get the job done in this game. If #5 for Harding is held in check tonight, they are capable of winning this game through other players. Lamar on the other hand depends on their #5 a lot more to seal up the win.
Not really, #2 puts in work and will run you over. Tough yards every time he gets the ball.

Warriors023

10:02 in 2nd
Lamar 12
HA 0
#3 for Lamar is doing as he wishes.

WilderKat

Warriors023

HALF
LAMAR 12
HARDING ACADEMY 0

MICHAELSPAPPY

So far Warriors' pass defense is much improved. Good pressure from the line.

Warriors023

8:56 in 3rd
Lamar 26
HA 7
Warriors driving
On HA 36

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas