• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What the playoffs should be

Started by beach bum, November 05, 2018, 09:49:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

November 05, 2018, 09:49:54 pm Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:39:27 pm by beach bum
- This is if the AAA cared about competition and not $$$$
- Top 2 seeds in each conference get in
- 4 "wildcards" or also referred to as at large elections
-you could mix the 1 vs 2, 1 vs WC, 2 vs 2 matchups however you liked, I just did it this way
-I tried to not make conference foes play until the semifinals
-look at how much more competive games are right away, solves mostly blowouts in round 1
- also I hate byes so that's what I did the 4 WC's, plus we all know some 3 or 4 seeds in strong conference can be just as good as a 2 in a weak one

1st 1 Booneville
WC #1 Camden HG

1st 2 Clinton
2nd 6 Mcgehee

1st 4 Glen Rose
WC #2 Charleston

2nd 3 Newport
2nd 5 Prescott

1st 6 Rison
WC #3 Danville

1st 3 Osecola
2nd 2 Harding Academy

1st 5 Smackover
WC #4 Walnut Ridge

2nd 4 Mayflower
2nd 1 Lamar

beach bum

November 05, 2018, 09:57:33 pm #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:07:11 pm by beach bum
I think the one team that is shocking on there to most that read this that I put making the playoffs as a wildcard is Charleston and the biggest snub wildcard would be Atkins for sure. So if Atkins was put in Charleston's place no big deal I'd say. They probably deserve a spot too and I understand the knock on Charleston's season. Why I chose Charleston as the last wildcard is the SOS and quality wins over Ozark, Lamar, & Melbourne(Melbourne could be classified as a slight snub I guess). I know that Mansfield and Greenland beat Charleston, but I am sorry Charleston just has more quality wins than those two teams do. Mansfield only lost out on the final WC in this bracket with their late loss to Cedarville or I would have them as one if they finished 8-2 instead of 7-3 with that loss. Melbourne I can't put in cause their conference is quite weak. No one get angry about a snub cause this is just hypothetical  ;D .... I may do this for 2A and 4A too cause this did not take me but a few minutes to scrap up. Also, I did not do the wild cards in any order. I just simply tried to space them out to not possibly play other conference opponents too early on.

1wildcat

Looks great to me. I agree Charleston would deserve a wildcard spot.

doggieskoot2

Yes Ol Chuck had some quality wins, but it is a stretch to finish 5th in your own conference and feel the need to be in any playoff.    I do think they have a chance vs Clinton and most defiantly the best 5 seed maybe ever. 

5 SEED!!!!!

Sportswindbag

First off, I love this idea.  But my tweak would be that the wildcards could only be drawn from the # 3 seeds.  2 conferences will be left out but it goes back to the old saying "you should have won more games"
This year the wildcards should be Camden Harmony Grove, Walnut Ridge, Danville and then pick one from Mansfield, Melbourne and Lake Village. Probably Melbourne because of one fewer loss in conference but then you get into conference strength and that they didn't play the same amount of conference games. 
Interesting idea though

blackandoldgold

I've always thought that the state football championship brackets in all classifications should be seeded similar to the NCAA basketball tournament.

Tired of seeing "potential" state championship finals played in the quarterfinals, while two other weaker teams draw each other.

Hootens has a poll. 42 Sports Class 3A Super 16 has a poll. Calpreps has a poll. The media certainly could come up with a poll as well as the coaches. A points system using these polls could be established to determine the seeding.

Let the fun begin!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: doggieskoot2 on November 06, 2018, 10:44:14 am
Yes Ol Chuck had some quality wins, but it is a stretch to finish 5th in your own conference and feel the need to be in any playoff.    I do think they have a chance vs Clinton and most defiantly the best 5 seed maybe ever. 

5 SEED!!!!!
Except perhaps for Newport who actually did beat 1-seed Glen Rose last year.

Warriors023

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 07, 2018, 04:44:59 pm
I've always thought that the state football championship brackets in all classifications should be seeded similar to the NCAA basketball tournament.

Tired of seeing "potential" state championship finals played in the quarterfinals, while two other weaker teams draw each other.

Hootens has a poll. 42 Sports Class 3A Super 16 has a poll. Calpreps has a poll. The media certainly could come up with a poll as well as the coaches. A points system using these polls could be established to determine the seeding.

Let the fun begin!

You'll see people picking favorites and voting to where they try and get the bracket in their favor. Would be a huge crap show.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas