• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clinton vs Charleston

Started by Yellowjacket$$$, November 04, 2018, 04:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elmerfudd

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 07, 2018, 02:10:44 am
Lamar had their "let down" game for the season against Charleston. But that's in the past and lamar is ABSLOUTLEY no comparison to Clinton. Clinton rolls in this one.
Clinton 42
Chuck 14 on the 2nd stringers

Im glad to see a little humility from you, 023. You've come a long way in a week.

That being said, Lamar is better than the team that showed up last Friday night, and I think Clinton is a bit overrated, so they're more comparable than most think. I still don't know if Chuck can pull this one off, but I think it will be closer than a lot of people expect.

FootballSpotlight

November 07, 2018, 08:15:35 am #51 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 08:18:49 am by FootballSpotlight
Guess we will all see Friday! Go Clinton😎 everyone is ignoring the fact they went so far last year and still have the same team

HeberFan

Clinton's defense REALLY clamped down the last few game of the season. Strong showing.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: CapnObvious on November 07, 2018, 07:20:22 am
You mighty Warriors have been letting down against Chuck for years 😂. We will take our shot at the top dogs and see how we fair . At the end of the season though just remember we still beat you 😃🤘🏻.

And will continue to do so for another 12 years. We'll be rooting for ya though Lamar. Always like to see little brother do well.

elmerfudd

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 07, 2018, 08:15:35 am
Guess we will all see Friday! Go Clinton😎 everyone is ignoring the fact they went so far last year and still have the same team

What everyone is NOT ignoring is last year you beat Fouke and Haskell Harmony Grove (barely 48-42) to get that far. This year you get Charleston and Prescott. And if you're lucky enough to get passed them, you most likely get Newport.

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 07, 2018, 08:58:47 am
What everyone is NOT ignoring is last year you beat Fouke and Haskell Harmony Grove (barely 48-42) to get that far. This year you get Charleston and Prescott. And if you're lucky enough to get passed them, you most likely get Newport.
If Clinton wins those games they may just win it all.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: FootballSpotlight on November 07, 2018, 08:15:35 am

clinton is 10-0 and dropping in the Hooten's polls.  weak conference has a lot to do with it.  They will be lucky to make it to 3rd round.

Jimbo Morphis

November 07, 2018, 10:26:14 am #57 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 10:27:53 am by Oldman
Quote from: HeberFan on November 07, 2018, 08:50:04 am
Clinton's defense REALLY clamped down the last few game of the season. Strong showing.
Shutting down Marshall , Strong,and Mt View has all of 3A scared.

HeberFan

Lots of smack talkers in here... sad.  Clinton is a good team, mock them at your own risk.

beach bum

Quote from: HeberFan on November 07, 2018, 10:57:13 am
Lots of smack talkers in here... sad.  Clinton is a good team, mock them at your own risk.

Oh come on now.... People that have followed enough high school football know they are not a title contender like people where saying earlier in the year on some threads. Are they a good team, yes! Should they win this game against a FIVE SEED? Yes.... The fact we are even discussing a 1 possibly losing to a 5 tells you everything we need to know. If Clinton gets past a 5 seed like they should Prescott is going to beat them in round 2.

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 07, 2018, 10:57:13 am

Good, yes. Legit?? Ehhhhh still need some convincing. Big difference between the two.

elmerfudd

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on November 07, 2018, 10:15:57 am
If Clinton wins those games they may just win it all.

Exactly. That would make them a legitimate team, for sure.

beach bum

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 07, 2018, 11:01:12 am

Good, yes. Legit?? Ehhhhh still need some convincing. Big difference between the two.

Prescott is the scariest 2 seed in the bracket.... and Clinton got so unlucky the way Prescott landed as their potential round 2 matchup. Look at Clinton's and Prescott's schedule/results and Prescott's looks so much more impressive.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on November 07, 2018, 11:00:39 am

Oh come on now.... People that have followed enough high school football know they are not a title contender like people where saying earlier in the year on some threads. Are they a good team, yes! Should they win this game against a FIVE SEED? Yes.... The fact we are even discussing a 1 possibly losing to a 5 tells you everything we need to know. If Clinton gets past a 5 seed like they should Prescott is going to beat them in round 2.
the fact that we are discussing a five-seed vs. a 1-seed means nothing with regard to the quality of the 1-seed. I has only to do with the unrealistic expectations of fans of the 5-seed based on a single upset victory at the end of an otherwise disappointing season, perhaps along with a bit of conference loyalty. The game will be won on the field not with words on FF. As one of the few commenters on this thread who has actually seen Clinton play, a can assure you that the quality of their team is not diminished by the fact that many of their wins are over less than stellar teams. That is also true of the other teams that are so highly regarded. Plus, Clinton also has a win over a 4A 2-seed.

Also with respect to comment by another poster that Clinton is dropping in Hooten's polls, they have "dropped" one whole place. It s hardly unexpected that Osceola leapfrogged over them following a convincing win over highly-ranked Newport.

Jimbo Morphis

If they beat Charleston and Prescott I'll start paying attention.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on November 07, 2018, 11:04:47 am
Prescott is the scariest 2 seed in the bracket.... and Clinton got so unlucky the way Prescott landed as their potential round 2 matchup. Look at Clinton's and Prescott's schedule/results and Prescott's looks so much more impressive.
What makes Prescott's schedule so much more impressive than Clinton's? Their win over Lafayette County, a 1-win 2A team. Or perhaps it's the win over Hope, a 5A school, but they also have only one win. Yes, they defeated Mena, like Heber Springs a 4A 2-seed. Perhaps, their conference had three good teams and 5 weak ones instead of two good teams and 6 weak ones like the 2-3A and others. But that does not rise to the kind of superior schedule that you are claiming.

It's entirely possible that Prescott is far and away the best team in 3A who had an off day against Smackover, but that has yet to be proven.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 07, 2018, 11:39:47 am
What makes Prescott's schedule so much more impressive than Clinton's? Their win over Lafayette County, a 1-win 2A team. Or perhaps it's the win over Hope, a 5A school, but they also have only one win. Yes, they defeated Mena, like Heber Springs a 4A 2-seed. Perhaps, their conference had three good teams and 5 weak ones instead of two good teams and 6 weak ones like the 2-3A and others. But that does not rise to the kind of superior schedule that you are claiming.

It's entirely possible that Prescott is far and away the best team in 3A who had an off day against Smackover, but that has yet to be proven.

Again, big difference between "good" and legit teams. Yes, the 2-3A has two "good" teams in Clinton and Harding Academy....but they are not legit teams. Legit teams don't lose to Bald Knob and Hampton, nor do they beat Melbourne by one possession.

Prescott lost to a legit Smackover team by one point, and the argument could be made for Prescott to be a legitimate title contender as well.

That's why their schedule is more impressive.

beach bum

November 07, 2018, 11:49:36 am #67 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 11:53:57 am by beach bum

Call me crazy, but I think I will trust them team that their defense only gave up 20 and 21 points as its their two highest totals (Prescott)

instead of the team that gave up 4 touchdowns or more on four separate occasions (Clinton)

Yea that team only giving up 7.4 points per game isn't very impressive  ::)

Curleywolf Fan

November 07, 2018, 11:57:32 am #68 Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 12:05:23 pm by Curleywolf Fan

We didn't have a off night we dominated the first half leading 20 to 7. What beat Prescott was Prescott with turnovers. We had a running back going in the end zone to go up 27 to 14 with a few minutes left but you guessed it we fumbled and the rest is history. It didn't help that our running quarterback had leg cramps and couldn't play the second half and Smackover didn't have a answer for how to stop him and he would have run all over them in the second half also if he could have played but that's football. I hope we get a rematch with them in the playoffs but I'm sure they are not hoping for that! 😁

Gr3yhounds

In my opinion Clinton is highly overrated. Boasting quality wins over a very down Harding academy team, and a somewhat good 4A Heber Springs. If they somehow make it past Charelston it is very unlikely that they will compare to Prescott or Newport.

HeberFan

Pretty strong talk, which is seldom a good idea.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 07, 2018, 11:57:32 am
We didn't have a off night we dominated the first half leading 20 to 7. What beat Prescott was Prescott with turnovers. We had a running back going in the end zone to go up 27 to 14 with a few minutes left but you guessed it we fumbled and the rest is history. It didn't help that our running quarterback had leg cramps and couldn't play the second half and Smackover didn't have a answer for how to stop him and he would have run all over them in the second half also if he could have played but that's football. I hope we get a rematch with them in the playoffs but I'm sure they are not hoping for that! 😁
Excessive fumbles do not constitute an off night?

HeberFan

Quote from: Gr3yhounds on November 07, 2018, 11:58:31 am
In my opinion Clinton is highly overrated. Boasting quality wins over a very down Harding academy team, and a somewhat good 4A Heber Springs. If they somehow make it past Charelston it is very unlikely that they will compare to Prescott or Newport.

Clinton players and coaches LOVE this kind of talk... keep it up.

elmerfudd

Quote from: HeberFan on November 07, 2018, 12:35:01 pm

If Clinton players and ESPECIALLY coaches are reading Fearless boards, that speaks more of them than the Clinton posters themselves haha. Maybe they ARE the Clinton posters.

Curleywolf Fan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 07, 2018, 12:32:56 pm
Excessive fumbles do not constitute an off night?
My bad. Yes it does.

BuckHead

Quote from: Curleywolf Fan on November 07, 2018, 12:59:01 pm
My bad. Yes it does.
How many of those fumbles were forced and how many were recovered by Smackover? Did Smackover fumble inside their own 20 to set Prescott up for a touchdown?

panther07

Sounds familiar.

MO3Positive

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 07, 2018, 12:43:24 pm
If Clinton players and ESPECIALLY coaches are reading Fearless boards, that speaks more of them than the Clinton posters themselves haha. Maybe they ARE the Clinton posters.

Am I missing something?  I have been keeping up here so correct me if I haven't saw it...have there been Clinton posters, players, whatever on her boasting and saying they are going to demolish everyone and claiming to be above anyone?  I haven't seen any smack talk, excessive bragging , or putting down any of the teams they have beaten.  These are a group of boys who have had a successful year, are working hard, and plan to give everything they have to succeed. But if it makes some here feel better to bash them for basically existing then whatever. I just hope they continue to not engage in mouthing and carry themselves with the character they have had all season. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MO3Positive on November 07, 2018, 04:41:56 pm
Am I missing something?  I have been keeping up here so correct me if I haven't saw it...have there been Clinton posters, players, whatever on her boasting and saying they are going to demolish everyone and claiming to be above anyone?  I haven't seen any smack talk, excessive bragging , or putting down any of the teams they have beaten.  These are a group of boys who have had a successful year, are working hard, and plan to give everything they have to succeed. But if it makes some here feel better to bash them for basically existing then whatever. I just hope they continue to not engage in mouthing and carry themselves with the character they have had all season. 
Too long, didn't read.

ChucktownTiger

elmerfudd

Quote from: MO3Positive on November 07, 2018, 04:41:56 pm

I think you missed the score predictions of Clinton by 30 and others like it. Isn't that the definition of "demolishing" someone and "claiming to be above" someone??

I don't think anyone is saying that's "smack talk" or "excessive bragging". We're just saying Clinton needs to pull the reigns back a little because they're not as great as most of the Clinton posters think they are.

Could we be wrong? Sure. But this is so similar to the Lamar situation when they thought their 8-0 record really meant something. Then they were humbled two weeks in a row. Oh, and Clinton is playing one of the teams that served them humble pie.

So let's not get all sensitive and act like we're on here to bash the boys for working hard. No one is doing that.

beach bum

Quote from: HeberFan on November 07, 2018, 12:35:01 pm

Why are their coaches looking for motivation from a bunch of bums behind a computer screen?

beach bum

All that said...

Charleston 35

Clinton 27

MO3Positive

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 07, 2018, 06:40:11 pm
I think you missed the score predictions of Clinton by 30 and others like it. Isn't that the definition of "demolishing" someone and "claiming to be above" someone??

I don't think anyone is saying that's "smack talk" or "excessive bragging". We're just saying Clinton needs to pull the reigns back a little because they're not as great as most of the Clinton posters think they are.

Could we be wrong? Sure. But this is so similar to the Lamar situation when they thought their 8-0 record really meant something. Then they were humbled two weeks in a row. Oh, and Clinton is playing one of the teams that served them humble pie.

So let's not get all sensitive and act like we're on here to bash the boys for working hard. No one is doing that.

Point taken and while I appreciate anyone's support of our boys, I think it's possible that some of the few ones predicting "Clinton by 30" May be those trying to get under charlestsons skin by saying that. I live here and am around many fans and some of the players on a daily basis and I have not heard anyone predicting anything like that.  We respect Charleston and their talent and tradition just as we respect Booneville and the other top teams this year. We didn't choose our conference either. Good luck to all the teams and ALL the players who have worked hard and deserve support and respect for being where they are.

MO3Positive

Quote from: Oldman on November 07, 2018, 05:57:14 pm
Too long, didn't read.

All good. I'm used to that my husband won't read the long texts I send either.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: MO3Positive on November 07, 2018, 07:15:39 pm
All good. I'm used to that my husband won't read the long texts I send either.
I'm just kidding. Good luck to you and your team in the playoffs.

elmerfudd

Quote from: MO3Positive on November 07, 2018, 07:11:47 pm
Point taken and while I appreciate anyone's support of our boys, I think it's possible that some of the few ones predicting "Clinton by 30" May be those trying to get under charlestsons skin by saying that. I live here and am around many fans and some of the players on a daily basis and I have not heard anyone predicting anything like that.  We respect Charleston and their talent and tradition just as we respect Booneville and the other top teams this year. We didn't choose our conference either. Good luck to all the teams and ALL the players who have worked hard and deserve support and respect for being where they are.

+1

bball14

I think everyone is talking about how overrated Clinton is, but what they are missing is other than a big win over Lamar, Charleston was a very average team this year (some may consider bad). They lost to GREENLAND 25-12... Greenland who is 5-4. They get 1 big win at the end of their season and their fans think they are the second coming on FF. Charleston is a really good 5 seed, yes, but if Clinton hopes to make some noise in the state then this should not be a game. They should take care of business and win by 3+ TD's. I predict Clinton wins by 24, and Charleston fans will be on here talking about how they had a "bad" game and how Prescott will kill Clinton. Only time will tell.

macadoshis

Charleston is extremely well coached and has alot of talent.  They showed total dominance last week at Lamar. No I haven't seen Clinton play this year but saw everything I need to last week.  Tigers roll in this one.  Mark it down. 

CapnObvious

Well b-ball this is how I see it , until Clinton starts winning some state titles then they will not be viewed as a Charleston or a Prescott and will only be talked about right up till the playoffs . Chuck may very well get beat in this game but we will not make excuses if we do it will only be that Clinton is the better team.

OLDSCHOOL82

Whats the average sizes of Clintons O and D line?

elmerfudd

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 08, 2018, 08:25:43 am
Whats the average sizes of Clintons O and D line?

You know those measurements will be inflated.

Based on film, they're big but they also move like big linemen typically do.

HeberFan

Funny when people guarantee wins. Usually comes from those who never played and don't know any better.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 08:48:15 am
Funny when people guarantee wins. Usually comes from those who never played and don't know any better.
Isn't Heber a 4 A school?  What are you doing lurking around on 3A board besides trying to save face because Clinton beat y'all?

HeberFan

I'm here because Heber has a long tradition with Clinton. Jackets have a good program and, the last few years, an outstanding team. Giving credit where it's due.

CatPride

Clinton is a good team. Other then the Lamar win, Charleston has had a very disappointing season. I have a hard time believing that "Chuck is back" after 1 quality win. With that said, I think this will be a close game, but I think Clinton wins this one.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: HeberFan on November 08, 2018, 09:35:51 am
I'm here because Heber has a long tradition with Clinton. Jackets have a good program and, the last few years, an outstanding team. Giving credit where it's due.
Excellent post. Well reasoned.

AlumniLights

Quote from: CatPride on November 08, 2018, 09:59:52 am
Clinton is a good team. Other then the Lamar win, Charleston has had a very disappointing season. I have a hard time believing that "Chuck is back" after 1 quality win. With that said, I think this will be a close game, but I think Clinton wins this one.

Charleston never left, just living in reality this year for once..to quote the great Kurt Russell, "you tell 'em im comin, and heck's comin with me, you hear?!" Come on with it!

CatPride

Quote from: AlumniLights on November 08, 2018, 12:26:54 pm
Charleston never left, just living in reality this year for once..to quote the great Kurt Russell, "you tell 'em im comin, and heck's comin with me, you hear?!" Come on with it!
Your 6-4 season disagrees with you.

HeberFan

Quote from: CatPride on November 08, 2018, 02:12:37 pm
Your 6-4 season disagrees with you.

Regular season is over. Everyone is now 0-0.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas