• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-3 conference champs?

Started by Cougar2004, July 11, 2018, 02:27:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cougar2004

Should be between Gosnell, Pokey, Crest and Westside. Who y'all got and why?

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Not Westside, but the other three will no doubt fight it out

Cougar2004

Why not Westside? I think WS and Brookland are going to surprise some people. That RB for Westside is a beast

bigchief72455

I'll believe it when I see it.

sludgefoot

are we forgetting Rivercrest is coming in?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sludgefoot on July 12, 2018, 03:01:48 pm
are we forgetting Rivercrest is coming in?
Did you read the thread?

bigchief72455

Sad when you have to point out the obvious

sludgefoot

Just got on here so maybe i missed something.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sludgefoot on July 12, 2018, 03:31:44 pm
Just got on here so maybe i missed something.
Go to the original post and read downward.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Cougar2004 on July 11, 2018, 02:40:50 pm
Why not Westside? I think WS and Brookland are going to surprise some people. That RB for Westside is a beast
Takes more than a rb to win games. No surprises. I fully expect them to be the 4th and 5th seed.

501Arkansas

MT Legend

bigchief72455

Cougar2004

We shall see. Gosnell will be tough too.

bigchief72455

Warriorfan21

Guys dont sleep on westside here. They have some good talent moved up. I dont see them winning conference but I see them taking 2nd. I truly think pocky will win conference.

Ghs21

bigchief72455

Quote from: Ghs21 on August 05, 2018, 10:55:07 pm
I heard gosnells QB moved
Hope that is just a rumor. Did you hear where?

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on August 05, 2018, 02:31:37 pm
Guys dont sleep on westside here. They have some good talent moved up. I dont see them winning conference but I see them taking 2nd. I truly think pocky will win conference.

Pokey would have to improve drastically in order to place third in the conf. Westside will slip a little.

GosnellBall

Who is Gosnells QB this year?  Lasts years graduatesd but idk who is moving into that position. 

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 06, 2018, 05:32:07 pm
Pokey would have to improve drastically in order to place third in the conf. Westside will slip a little.
Guess its a good thing they improved.

bigchief72455

The last 2 meeting between Pocahontas and Gosnell were decided by 7 points or less. Not sure on Rivercrest yet. All 3 play Paragould.

Ghs21

I'm pretty sure gosnell will start 4 sophomores on the line this year there pretty young again this year

Gray lizard

bigchief72455

Quote from: Gray lizard on August 08, 2018, 08:42:56 am
How about those Cave Men?
Not sure. They are Pocahontas' Homecoming pick if that says anything.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 08, 2018, 01:59:03 pm
Not sure. They are Pocahontas' Homecoming pick if that says anything.
not much to them then your saying

bigchief72455

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on August 09, 2018, 11:25:00 am
not much to them then your saying
I don't see them having much if any luck in conference.

bigchief72455

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 09, 2018, 02:42:11 pm
I don't see them having much if any luck in conference.
Just looked at their non conf schedule. May be another 0-10 season.

Warriorfan21

Cave city should beat trumann this yr. Not sure they will beat anyone else.

Coltfan2005

Cave City will NOT come close to beating Truman this year or for the next two years. If cave City can keep Truman from scoring 40, I guess that will be a moral victory.

Warriorfan21

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 10, 2018, 10:12:09 pm
Cave City will NOT come close to beating Truman this year or for the next two years. If cave City can keep Truman from scoring 40, I guess that will be a moral victory.
Have u seen trumann's team? They are way down. At pad camps they struggled scoring on our scout d. The new coach has his work cut out for him. Mark my words them cavemen will beat trumann. If I could bet I would and u could pay me when we play u. Trumann is down and they have a long way to go. I wish them the best of luck but dont see them winning a game in conference this yr.

Coltfan2005

Yep, Truman is down. Lost  some talent and down to about 24 players. BUT, Cave City is horrible.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 11, 2018, 12:49:17 pm
Yep, Truman is down. Lost  some talent and down to about 24 players. BUT, Cave City is horrible.
I am 100% with this statement. They're best years are behind them and are back on track to rebuilding. Cave City doesn't have any backwoods monsters that will carry them to any wins this year I feel. Trumann may only have a couple wins this year, but Cave City will be one of them

bigchief72455

Its going to be a long season for both teams. Fortunately those seasons will only last 10 games.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 11, 2018, 09:20:46 pm
Its going to be a long season for both teams. Fortunately those seasons will only last 10 games.
Lucky for them

BIGRED15

at the lowest pocahontas will be second in conference,colts however have little idea what they are stepping into this year. shut down the run? we gonna pass over you. shut the pass down thats okay dawson will pull it and take ya ten or fifteen at a time. this season gonna be a good good one in pocahontas. however gosnell gon put up the normal fight..... highland just dont even talk

redandgray

Rivercrest will be very competitive.  Depth is low...if they stay healthy, they'll be right up there towards the top. 

Coltfan2005

Quote from: BIGRED15 on August 14, 2018, 10:30:57 am
at the lowest pocahontas will be second in conference,colts however have little idea what they are stepping into this year. shut down the run? we gonna pass over you. shut the pass down thats okay dawson will pull it and take ya ten or fifteen at a time. this season gonna be a good good one in pocahontas. however gosnell gon put up the normal fight..... highland just dont even talk

Because Pokey is sooooo much better than the 3A division. Oh wait, no they aren't.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 14, 2018, 01:40:48 pm
Because Pokey is sooooo much better than the 3A division. Oh wait, no they aren't.
I ain't slamming the talent, but in 4A you gotta have more depth than 3A... It won't be a cakewalk

Paperman

The two front runners are Rivercrest and Gosnell. Pocahontas will have more depth than either of the Mississippi County schools. Westside will be competitive, as will Trumann, but both schools lost a lot of talent with last year's senior classes. Highland will be improved. I think Brookland is next and Cave City is last.
Both the Crest and Gosnell are very thin (numbers wise) both have excellent players and should vie for the top spot. However a significant injury to one or two players at either school could pave the way for Pocahontas to move ahead of either or both.
I will just pray that all of the young men and women (in some cases) all stay healthy this season.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on August 14, 2018, 07:38:37 pm
I ain't slamming the talent, but in 4A you gotta have more depth than 3A... It won't be a cakewalk

Depth does you absolutely no good without talent but talent can win without depth. Rivercrest will dress out about 36 kids this year, a big boost from the usual numbers in the 20's from a few years ago. Plus, we aren't talking about hanging with the big dogs in 4A. We are discussing the Porch Puppies in this conference. A conf dominated by 3A teams last year.

TBone70

Speaking of Depth, has anybody seen A roster yet?
HIGHLAND only with 38 as of now, after losing some to injuries so far

bigchief72455

I don't think anybody is underestimating the Colts ability to compete and win. I don't think anyone is doubting Gosnell's ability to compete and win. But I can tell you Pocahontas is not going to be a push over. This team is competitive and can win some games. I look forward to seeing these matchups. They will be some very good football games to watch.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 14, 2018, 08:10:01 pm
Depth does you absolutely no good without talent but talent can win without depth. Rivercrest will dress out about 36 kids this year, a big boost from the usual numbers in the 20's from a few years ago. Plus, we aren't talking about hanging with the big dogs in 4A. We are discussing the Porch Puppies in this conference. A conf dominated by 3A teams last year.
Depth does you a lot of good. Especially when that depth is talented as well.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: bigchief72455 on August 15, 2018, 08:07:57 am
Depth does you a lot of good. Especially when that depth is talented as well.

Pokey's depth wasn't very talented last year. Only one win against a program with a wining record.

BIGRED15

as far as comparing pocahontas to the 3a. i dont really care if they are that much better or not they dont play the 3a however i do know how they have and will compete in the 4a which is the conference they have dominated 4 of the last five seasons. this year being one of if not the best put together team in recent memory. at receiver we have depth that is close to the size of rivercrests sideline. most notable one who runs a 4.39 40 and will make any person in nea miss him he has hands like glue and the smarts  of a college player. oh and he is all state at his secondary post.and behind him is younger players who without a doubt will be all conf this year .so if we move off that and say somehow (will never happen) and you shut down our pass well then we can bring out the hb in snyder who is 6feet and over 200 pounds of pure muscle and the toughest dude around has hands the size of baseball mitts and arms the size of most 3a players legs and close to untackleable.the colts had better hope and pray and beg snyder to get sick that week. and then we have dawson chester our new qb and yeah yeah he is a sophmore which is great cuz yall gonna let a soph put up 40+ through the air and probs rush 100+ hes super quick can through  a mile through a tire and run over linemen knows where to put it before the coach does and is not afraid to lower his shoulder. so please please compare the skins this year to last year please because its not even close.  so after u beat paragould and think u have accomplished something and then trumann and ocelola give u a game and yall go down and destroy the worst team around being highland then we will come pay yall a visit and bring a lesson on what redskin football look like. ;)

hsindian

Quote from: BIGRED15 on August 15, 2018, 11:19:13 am
as far as comparing pocahontas to the 3a. i dont really care if they are that much better or not they dont play the 3a however i do know how they have and will compete in the 4a which is the conference they have dominated 4 of the last five seasons. this year being one of if not the best put together team in recent memory. at receiver we have depth that is close to the size of rivercrests sideline. most notable one who runs a 4.39 40 and will make any person in nea miss him he has hands like glue and the smarts  of a college player. oh and he is all state at his secondary post.and behind him is younger players who without a doubt will be all conf this year .so if we move off that and say somehow (will never happen) and you shut down our pass well then we can bring out the hb in snyder who is 6feet and over 200 pounds of pure muscle and the toughest dude around has hands the size of baseball mitts and arms the size of most 3a players legs and close to untackleable.the colts had better hope and pray and beg snyder to get sick that week. and then we have dawson chester our new qb and yeah yeah he is a sophmore which is great cuz yall gonna let a soph put up 40+ through the air and probs rush 100+ hes super quick can through  a mile through a tire and run over linemen knows where to put it before the coach does and is not afraid to lower his shoulder. so please please compare the skins this year to last year please because its not even close.  so after u beat paragould and think u have accomplished something and then trumann and ocelola give u a game and yall go down and destroy the worst team around being highland then we will come pay yall a visit and bring a lesson on what redskin football look like. ;)
You lost all credibility when you said 4.39 40.  You don't have anybody running that. I doubt there are 5 players in the entire state that can run a sub 4.4 40.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: hsindian on August 15, 2018, 12:24:54 pm
You lost all credibility when you said 4.39 40.  You don't have anybody running that. I doubt there are 5 players in the entire state that can run a sub 4.4 40.
He did at a U of A camp last summer. Two weeks later at an ASU camp he ran like a 4.54. One way or another, he did run it and is a speed demon regardless

cuckoobird

A speed demon for north of I-40. Southern teams can handle him

bigchief72455

Quote from: hsindian on August 15, 2018, 12:24:54 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2017/jun/03/arksansas-prospect-camp-updates/
I'll just leave this right here for you.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas