• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The “book’s” 2018 rankings.....

Started by AirWarren, June 23, 2018, 08:35:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghs21

Quote from: beach bum on June 23, 2018, 09:47:49 pm
Pea Ridge, Batesville Southside, Gosnell, and Rivercrest will not be that highly ranked by the end of the year.
well gosnell finished that high last year and they basically bring back the same team so we will see what happens

SUGARTOWN

I see that the Kickoff Classic games are at NLR high this year, that's a change.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on June 28, 2018, 01:55:44 pm
I see that the Kickoff Classic games are at NLR high this year, that's a change.

Guess UCA didn't want to host either. SAU still is hosting!

AirWarren

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on June 28, 2018, 04:22:12 pm
NLR facilities are super nice.

They are. I wonder how much NLR can hold?

ISU7

Pea Ridge, Batesville Southside, Gosnell, and Rivercrest will not be that highly ranked by the end of the year.
C"mon mannnnnnnnn   ;D

x14113

For those who enjoy picking at the book for a few whoppers, I've found a couple for you to snicker at.

From Pottsville's prologue:

QuoteThe 2017 campaign shifted Week 8 when the Apaches led Ozark 28-7 at halftime, but they failed to convert on three fourth downs in the second half of a one-point loss.

I'm pretty sure they wished they scored 28 on the Hillbillies in that game.  ;D

From Dardanelle's Quick Facts:

QuotePlayoff Record: 14-18

You can credit the Lizards with two more wins, you know.

businesstron

Quote from: AirWarren on June 24, 2018, 08:03:37 am
Regardless. Our good poster Kyle, who now lives in Baton Rouge, will be the first to tell you, that as a state we are fortunate to have a publication that will take the time to highlight every school in the state. I was on the phone with him last night and noted that it's hard to find anything dedicated to local high school football. And he has lived in both north and south Louisiana. From Springdale to hermitage, they create a cool book for our communities. And like them are not, they usually hit the bullseye or at least get close every time.

If your friend is look for a magazine in Louisiana, this is about the only one I know that is around.   The team previews are decent.  They miss little detail like the team's record the year before though.  They also don't break down the classes very well.  There are schools in there that split out to different division come playoff time because their private schools but this doesn't say anything about that.

http://lafootballmagazine.com/

Digger#23

SUGARTOWN

ARKANSASVARSITY.COM CLASS 4A PRESEASON RANKINGS
1: Warren

2: Pulaski Robinson

3: Arkadelphia

4: Stuttgart

5: Pea Ridge

6: Gosnell

7: Southside Batesville

8: Nashville

9: Ozark

10: Rivercrest

11: Ashdown

beach bum

July 27, 2018, 03:09:12 pm #60 Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 03:12:30 pm by beach bum
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on July 27, 2018, 02:41:01 pm
ARKANSASVARSITY.COM CLASS 4A PRESEASON RANKINGS
1: Warren

2: Pulaski Robinson

3: Arkadelphia

4: Stuttgart

5: Pea Ridge

6: Gosnell

7: Southside Batesville

8: Nashville

9: Ozark

10: Rivercrest

11: Ashdown

What is your opinion on Stuttgart this year Sugartown? I myself think with the right matchups the Ricebirds could make it to the semifinals so I think that #4 ranking is just fine for them. I think we all are seeing that top 3 a cut above. Then I honestly think there are about 8 to 10 teams after that all with a realistic chance to go pretty far. The 3rd or 4th semifinalist this year will have a lot to with who can get the quadrant of the playoff bracket without Robinson, Warren, or Arkadelphia. I think quarterfinals for sure should be expected this year for Stuttgart no matter what.

beach bum

Prairie Grove will be better than the 5th through 11th ranked teams on that arkansasvarsity ranking

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on July 27, 2018, 03:09:12 pm
What is your opinion on Stuttgart this year Sugartown? I myself think with the right matchups the Ricebirds could make it to the semifinals so I think that #4 ranking is just fine for them. I think we all are seeing that top 3 a cut above. Then I honestly think there are about 8 to 10 teams after that all with a realistic chance to go pretty far. The 3rd or 4th semifinalist this year will have a lot to with who can get the quadrant of the playoff bracket without Robinson, Warren, or Arkadelphia. I think quarterfinals for sure should be expected this year for Stuttgart no matter what.

I'm not sure about the Ricebirds yet. It all depends on the offensive line. It they get decent play there they can do well, if not, they may struggle early on until they get the kinks worked out. The skill positions will be good and the defense should be pretty good as well.

I think they've switched a few player's positions around on both sides of the ball and they get a couple back that didn't play last year so we'll have to see how that works out. The potential is there, we should know after game 3 how they stack up.

And yes, Warren and Robinson are a cut above, Arkadelphia has some great returning players but lost their entire offensive line, they should be in the semi-final mix by the end of the season for sure.

SUGARTOWN

The Democrat-Gazette's Super Six in 4A:

1. Warren

2. Joe T. Robinson

3. Arkadelphia

4. Pea Ridge

5. Southside

6. Stuttgart

bigchief72455

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 16, 2018, 12:24:05 pm
The Democrat-Gazette's Super Six in 4A:

1. Warren

2. Joe T. Robinson

3. Arkadelphia

4. Pea Ridge

5. Southside

6. Stuttgart
Not sure Stuttgart will be 6. Maybe 4 or 5.

bulldoghistorian

Have their picks for week 0 been released yet?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on August 17, 2018, 11:44:48 am
Have their picks for week 0 been released yet?

No. Seems like they usually release them on Monday each week.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 17, 2018, 11:56:22 am
No. Seems like they usually release them on Monday each week.
That's usually the case, but since the season starts Monday, I wasn't sure. They still may wait until Monday, though.

bulldoghistorian

Looks as though they're waiting until next week, week 1, to release their picks.

Coltfan2005

If you print out their preseason rankings, you can line the bottom of a bird cage with them.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 22, 2018, 09:49:42 pm
If you print out their preseason rankings, you can line the bottom of a bird cage with them.

Or if you don't have a bird you can use it in the bathroom.

Coltfan2005

That really depends on the bond of the paper.

polksalet

After watching Nashville the other night i still have it.

1. Warren
2. Robinson
3. Nashville
4. Arky
5. Irrelevant

Jimbo Morphis

BigGuy22

Quote from: beach bum on July 27, 2018, 03:14:06 pm
Prairie Grove will be better than the 5th through 11th ranked teams on that arkansasvarsity ranking
[/quote If they are better than the 5-11 teams, where's the win against Pea Ridge?

dirtybirdz69

Quote from: beach bum on June 23, 2018, 09:44:35 pm
When I saw that list I immediately realized the gap between the top 3 and the rest of 4A is massive if the rest of that list is 4-10..... Might as well call the rest of 4A a pillow fight compared to the top 3 teams.
are you sure about that?

footballdad2222

Quote from: polksalet on August 23, 2018, 04:54:27 pm
After watching Nashville the other night i still have it.

1. Warren
2. Robinson
3. Nashville
4. Arky
5. Irrelevant

Nashville looks awful.

Thatoneguy2

Yes sir and green forest will be the top of the rankings.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas