• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What kind of skill players and depth does Wynne have in the secondary?

Started by Little Bear, November 28, 2016, 08:42:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Little Bear

I figure they have size in the DL and good LB's.   Does Wynne have not only the athletes but the football knowledge in  the secondary to minimize PA's routes.   Every passing play for PA some kid gets open because the secondary is out of position, too slow or confused.

wynnefootballfan

I'll be able to answer this more accurately about 2:30pm on Saturday.

Rick Swines

Wynne's secondary played lights out versus Batesville.  Not sure if they had injuries or what happened vs Watson Chapel but I figure the big defensive end getting hurt probably gave the QB more time to throw. 

Jacketalum07

I have been to every wynne game except for two this year. In my opinion, wynne has one weak side cornerback that will be picked apart by any decent passing team. With that being said, there are adjustments made during halftime or sooner where he is used for covering less targeted receivers. The rest of the secondary has looked decent to good all year and I expect them to do well against PA. Two outside linebackers are juniors the safety is a senior and the corners are juniors. The safety, devontae pounds was supposedly clocked at a 4.2 40 yd dash at a combine in Memphis last summer and is also a slot back.

walkingguy72396

If I was Wynnes Defensive guy Id Tell My line man opposite of the roll out to not chase and make the d line man hold me to keep out of the QBs circle back route.  That is a designed play.  Dont fall for it.

Iknewthemwhen

FD4

Our Red Zone D is pretty good.  Even against the pass.  However, there comes a point in time when you have make the QB aware he cant just sit back and choose his target at leisure.  Wynne will do that at some point in the game.  The bigger question is, will Kelley punt against us.  According to his philosophy he wont.  That mind set thing he was talking about somewhere.  PA will not stop our run game, end of argument.  If they figure a way to clog up the run, we will burn that tail with the pass.  Pounds in the open field is lights out the fastest receiver I have ever seen. Just one step and he is gone.  But, it's two of the best teams in the state trying to find that one little chink that will pull it out.  Good luck to both of these well coached and talented teams.  May the best team win on Saturday. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas