• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Charleston have a track?

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, October 19, 2016, 01:02:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

beach bum

Wow, that's crazy. I did not know that.... Just more time to throw the pig skin around I guess haha

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on October 19, 2016, 02:02:13 pm
Wow, that's crazy. I did not know that.... Just more time to throw the pig skin around I guess haha

It's amazing that they would spend that much money on that stadium and not put a track on it. But, to each his own.

YC

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 19, 2016, 04:06:06 pm
It's amazing that they would spend that much money on that stadium and not put a track on it. But, to each his own.

I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I love a stadium without a track. I particularly like Charleston's because the bleachers are very close to the action on the field. It makes for a great atmosphere. Some stadiums with a track the bleachers set so far back from the action I have difficultly reading the numbers or keeping up with the ball. At home I have no problem reading the numbers of the jersey's of the Jr. high team but haven't been able to read the numbers of the home jersey's of the Sr. high team for three years now. I just have to learn the body language of the players. I shudder to think how bad it would be if the bleachers set back enough in order to accommodate a track.

beach bum

October 19, 2016, 07:33:20 pm #5 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 07:38:58 pm by beach bum
Quote from: IofthaTiger on October 19, 2016, 05:02:46 pm
I guess it's all a matter of opinion. I love a stadium without a track. I particularly like Charleston's because the bleachers are very close to the action on the field. It makes for a great atmosphere. Some stadiums with a track the bleachers set so far back from the action I have difficultly reading the numbers or keeping up with the ball. At home I have no problem reading the numbers of the jersey's of the Jr. high team but haven't been able to read the numbers of the home jersey's of the Sr. high team for three years now. I just have to learn the body language of the players. I shudder to think how bad it would be if the bleachers set back enough in order to accommodate a track.

In Mansfield I swear you're sitting in the nose bleeds if you are a visiting fan because of that track then the hill side beyond the track. Then finally you get up to the bleachers. I know some of know what I am talking about that have been to a game there. All in all they have really nice athletic facilities and school buildings as well though. So I know what you mean with liking no track around the field. Same goes for Prairie Grove where I am familiar with that it really feels you are on top of the field watching the game in the home bleachers. It's great for big games and playoff games cause it actually gets loud being so many people that close to the field.

nastynice

Nice for the fans but not so nice for the program. I think they just recently started playing volleyball.

AT

I don't remember Charleston even fielding a team for a few years now...might be wrong.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 20, 2016, 01:59:50 pm #8 Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 02:02:19 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Quote from: Almatrackster on October 19, 2016, 10:01:08 pm
I don't remember Charleston even fielding a team for a few years now...might be wrong.

That is a shame. Charleston used to have some really good track athletes back in the good ol' days. Greg Luther and I had a great battle in the mile in the 1971 District Meet, and he went on to win state in the 880 that year. The Ferguson brothers were good runners. I think there was a Shelby kid who threw the shot pretty well a little later on.

OLDSCHOOL82

Chuck still participates in track.  Just not super serious.  I prefer a football stadium without a track for the same reasons IofThaTiger spoke of.  It creates a better atmosphere and everyone is close to the action.  Nothing worse than a field that has the stands set to far back.  I can think of several.

RTF

I agree with IofThaTiger on the stadium. But, I loved track and believe they are missing out.

PrivateLesson

They don't have track uniforms.....they run around in Basketball uniforms;) lol :)

RATTLER43

Fenner brought some teammates to one of our invitational cross country meets this year.  They had a female exchange student who was a thrower last year.  Before that you have to go back to Brothers or Brotherton, Holley, and the like about 10-15 years back. Holley was a good thrower and the other kid a distance runner. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas