• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountainburg @ Junction City - Rnd 2

Started by dragondad, November 10, 2018, 08:41:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondad

Knowing JC put 40 on PC in the first qtr at PC, and with the fact PC gave Mountainbug all they wanted for most of the game in round 1..... I feel pretty confident JC wins big in this matchup.

bigworm

Prouddragondad

Ok JC scored 40 on PC in 1 quarter and Burg scored 40 in 1 1/2 quarters on PC. No doubt we didn't play great the first half still a down from the loss to Hector but we did wake up and dominated the last 1 1/2 quarters when it matter. I know JC will be favored big and I get that but you still got to play the game.

sickwillie

Dragondad and prouddragondad.... interesting lol

Anyways, JC by however many they feel like scoring

Redzone

Junction by 35. I don't really see a contest here.

thabeast428

Hornet68

cuz

November 10, 2018, 10:21:36 am #7 Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 12:33:21 pm by cuz
They should win but their line needs to wake up. They're to inconsistent for this time of the year. JC played a terrible game last night, way too many mental mistakes. Two fumbles on the 2 yd line, 15 yd penalty in the red zone, some broke plays, if this happens against a 1 or 2 seed could lose....JC's line determines the win and by how much......

Dragon I

I don't understand why you bring in a lineman and a backup in those spots.  You have 2 stud RB's.  Let them put the game away.  It's playoff time.  The clock should have been running after half and you cut the risk of injury to your starters. 

dragondad

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 10, 2018, 08:59:54 am
Ok JC scored 40 on PC in 1 quarter and Burg scored 40 in 1 1/2 quarters on PC. No doubt we didn't play great the first half still a down from the loss to Hector but we did wake up and dominated the last 1 1/2 quarters when it matter. I know JC will be favored big and I get that but you still got to play the game.

No doubt, got to play the game.  Mountainburg did finally wake up, but in PC they began continuous clock in the first half and put backups and 9th graders in the entire second half.  Mountainburg wont be able to wait until their opponent gets tired to turn on the gas, because that wont happen.  JMO

dragonator

Quote from: cuz on November 10, 2018, 10:21:36 am
The should win but their line needs to wake up. They're to inconsistent for this time of the year. JC played a terrible game last night, way too many mental mistakes. Two fumbles on the 2 us line, 15 yd penalty in the red zone, some broke plays, if this happens against a 1 or 2 seed could lose....JC's line determines the win and by how much......
Not trying to stir up a hornets nest, but I can't lay all the blame on JC's play last night on the players. It should have been a coaching philosophy to end the game early, and decisively, so starters could be pulled and avoid needless injuries. One does not do that by putting certain players, who haven't much experience, or playing time, in critical situations (ie. goal line opportunities). The main JC backs were picking up huge chunks of yardage all night long. There is an old saying," You dance with the one that brought you". I can see using these younger players after the game is in hand, but not before.

Hornetsfan02

I'm taking JC by a lot. No disrespect but I don't feel like Burgs athletes are in the same level as JC

beach bum

I don't know who is rooting for who on this thread cause there is multiple dragondad's, dragon #1, dragonator, dragon #99, etc...... Too many dragons to keep track of lol

cuz

Quote from: beach bum on November 10, 2018, 12:57:45 pm
I don't know who is rooting for who on this thread cause there is multiple dragondad's, dragon #1, dragonator, dragon #99, etc...... Too many dragons to keep track of lol
They're all so original I love em all.....😂😂😂

dawgpound

Put your town abbreviation at the start of your post please lol

Wildcatalumni21

Having played both teams I will say JC wins by at least 4 TD's, but hope Burg puts up more of a fight than we did against JC

thabeast428

dragondad

Perhaps we should play, winner keeps the mascot.

cuz

Quote from: dragondad on November 10, 2018, 03:50:46 pm
Now that's sounds like a plan D.D....

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: dragondad on November 10, 2018, 03:50:46 pm

Yes! Losers adopt "limping lizards" for 2 weeks! Lol

godgiven999

N2DEEP

JC is talented, but  Mountainburg plays tough.

JC 42 vs Mountainburg 24

dragonpastor

Junction City comes out on top here. But we'd be foolish to think this game will be a walk in the park. Need to focus, lots of mistakes last week. Could've been a different situation if the opponent capitalizes on a those mistakes.

DnA Prostaff

Wishing the best for the Northern Dragons..   Do not envy a 5 hour drive though!   Good luck and safe travels!

Hosea18

bleudog

November 12, 2018, 06:14:22 pm #25 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:17:47 pm by bleudog

I'm not a fan of the JC Chinese dragon logo (too much like an emaciated salamander to me), but that Mountainburg dragon has been sitting at the Huddle House counter a little too long.  :o

Prouddragondad

Quote from: DnA Prostaff on November 12, 2018, 01:16:25 pm
Wishing the best for the Northern Dragons..   Do not envy a 5 hour drive though!   Good luck and safe travels!
Well Coach has decided to leave on Thursday so that should help the team be fresh. Hard to play on same day after riding on a bus for 5 hrs.

dawgpound

Prouddragondad

cuz

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 12, 2018, 07:13:19 pm
Well Coach has decided to leave on Thursday so that should help the team be fresh. Hard to play on same day after riding on a bus for 5 hrs.
Theyre several hotels right off 167 headed to Junction.....

stuck in between

Quote from: beach bum on November 10, 2018, 12:57:45 pm

+1.

bleudog

November 12, 2018, 08:30:03 pm #31 Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:31:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: thabeast428 on November 10, 2018, 09:29:46 am
The Dragons will win this one 😉😂

There are dragons and then there are DRAGONS.

cuz

bleudog

Hooties:

Mountainburg at JUNCTION CITY (33): Dragons vs. Dragons. No. 3 Junction City hammered 4-2A member Hector 48-7 Week 9, and a week later Hector took the 4-2A top seed from Mountainburg 26-22. Junction City senior Dhante Gibson has rushed for a team-high 1,065 yards (7.4 YPC) and 14 TDs. Sophomore Tanner Barnett (64 stops) and junior Kyle Kidwell (53 stops) lead JC in tackles. Mountainburg senior Austin Taylor has rushed for a team-high 1,129 yards and 16 TDs, while senior James Vanourny (102 tackles) leads 17 defenders with double-digit tackles.

http://www.hootens.com/11-12-2018/class-2a-week-12-rankings-notes--picks-/6561.html

cuz

Arkansas Varsity thoughts...
2A THOUGHTS

Foreman and Magazine should be a great game, as will Salem and Earle. I believe Junction City will roll over Mountainburg (talk about a drive for Mountainburg!). That Mountain Pine vs Des Arc game may be the Game of the Week for 2A. Hector and Mount Ida will be an intriguing match up, while Conway Christian and Fordyce should be a competitive game. Hasen and Gurdon will be a fun one to keep an eye on, while Hampton and Mineral Springs should be another barn burner.

2018 7A Football State Bracket
2018 6A Football State Bracket
2018 5A Football State Bracket
2018 4A Football State Bracket
2018 3A Football State Bracket
2018 2A Football State Bracket

1 Saturday at 10:34 AM

dragondad

Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 12, 2018, 07:13:19 pm

Didnt PC do it last week?

Prouddragondad

bleudog

Calpreps projections:

2A PLAYOFFS
Fordyce (AR) at Conway Christian (Conway, AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Conway Christian (Conway, AR) 27-22]
Leftwich (Magazine, AR) at Foreman (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Foreman (AR) 35-6]
Mineral Springs (AR) at Hampton (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Hampton (AR) 27-17]
Gurdon (AR) at Hazen (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Hazen (AR) 28-20]
Mountainburg (AR) at Junction City (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Junction City (AR) 44-21]
Mount Ida (AR) at Hector (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Mount Ida (AR) 34-17]
Des Arc (AR) at Mountain Pine (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Mountain Pine (AR) 31-28]
Earle (AR) at Salem (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Salem (AR) 35-21]

Rida4Life

Junction wins this one by as many as they want. 
JC 52
The Burg 6

cuz

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 13, 2018, 09:50:48 am
Junction wins this one by as many as they want. 
JC 52
The Burg 6
The last time they met was 11-12-10 the score was 51-3 Junction, you might just be on to something....😁😁

P.F.G.

Goodluck and safe travels for the dragons. That's a long trip. JC by 21.

bleudog

November 14, 2018, 01:16:57 pm #41 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 03:16:50 pm by bleudog
JC pre-game notes:  CLICK HERE

And, FWIW, Junction has advanced past the second round 15 of the previous 20 seasons.

bleudog

bleudog

BlueCrew4U

Purple dragons by a lot
Blue dragons haven't seen firepower like this bunch.

JC 59
Burg 8

Rida4Life

Have the blue dragons left the burg yet?

asking for a friend....

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 16, 2018, 08:04:43 am

asking for a friend....
They left yesterday

Prouddragondad

Quote from: Rida4Life on November 16, 2018, 08:04:43 am

asking for a friend....
They left yesterday afternoon and stayed in El Dorado last night. To long of a drive to make and hard to play on same day.

Prouddragondad

Can't wait to see how Burg does against JC tonight. I know no one is giving us a chance and pretty much everyone says we will get mercy ruled so based on what everyone is saying Burg should have just stayed home and forfeited tonight. Well luckily Burg decided against all that and made the trip to JC and hey never know what could happen that's why they play the game. Good luck Blue Dragons! I'll be there in the stands cheering you boys on as loud as I can like always. DRAGONSTRONG!!!

bleudog

November 16, 2018, 10:30:18 am #49 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:59:49 am by bleudog
Quote from: Prouddragondad on November 16, 2018, 10:04:27 am
Can't wait to see how Burg does against JC tonight. I know no one is giving us a chance and pretty much everyone says we will get mercy ruled so based on what everyone is saying Burg should have just stayed home and forfeited tonight. Well luckily Burg decided against all that and made the trip to JC and hey never know what could happen that's why they play the game. Good luck Blue Dragons! I'll be there in the stands cheering you boys on as loud as I can like always. DRAGONSTRONG!!!

You won't see much of the school, but you can't miss the stadium.  As you come into town there will be a grave yard on the west side of the highway and a little further south the stadium will be on the east side of the highway.  If you see the bingo parlor, you have left the state.  I've always assumed the one stop light is shared by Arkansas and Louisiana.   

Not a lot of sit down dining options in JC.  The C-store across from the stadium is named McDonald's, but don't look for any golden arches.  They do have a deli and bbq though. There's a drive up place further south.  The Mexican place you might see is still under construction.  There's a sit down BBQ place just over in LA, but the owners are related to the HC so they usually close on game day.  But the concession stand has variety and the band would appreciate the help toward their causes. 

Hope you like the facilities.  The lighting, sound system, ticket booth, restrooms, parking lot, concession stand and visitors stands have all been upgraded or replaced within the last two or three years.  There was extensive work done on the field this summer but I can't make a lot of promises on the playing surface.  L.A. (lower Arkansas) has had a lot of water recently and it should be better able to handle weather when the grass has had a full year to take root.  I can assure you the field will be in better shape crown-wise, level-wise and drainage-wise than it has been in years.

Safe travels both south and north.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas