• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback Football 2015

Started by WPWells, September 04, 2015, 08:53:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: HF on October 06, 2015, 07:39:39 pm
Quote from: bleudog on October 06, 2015, 07:33:37 pm
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on October 06, 2015, 03:14:15 pm
If we are gonna schedule UTEP and Toledo we might as well schedule ASU...

Let's not forget these schools taking up spots.

UT-Martin
Nicholls State
Samford
Jacksonville State
Missouri State
Tennessee Tech

Everyone likes expensive cupcakes right?

Actually, those cost about $350,000-$450,000, pretty cheap. The La Tech's, USM's, UAB's Toledo types cost $900,000-$1,000,000.

bleudog

October 06, 2015, 08:15:18 pm #751 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:19:20 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ricepig on October 06, 2015, 07:58:04 pm

UT-Martin
Nicholls State
Samford
Jacksonville State
Missouri State
Tennessee Tech

Actually, those cost about $350,000-$450,000, pretty cheap. The La Tech's, USM's, UAB's Toledo types cost $900,000-$1,000,000.

and stAte & UCA are priceless.  ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on October 06, 2015, 08:15:18 pm

UT-Martin
Nicholls State
Samford
Jacksonville State
Missouri State
Tennessee Tech

Irk if they'd be free...but the one time state..finally broke through they hog fan base would be in epic melt down

cuckoobird

I bet it would be a sellout with stAte. And that's what they say they want is to sell tickets but they schedule otherwise

Brian G

Turn off the A St stuff.

This is the Razorback thread.

beach bum

October 06, 2015, 09:38:30 pm #755 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:40:13 pm by beach bum
Quote from: B.G. on October 06, 2015, 09:32:58 pm
Turn off the A St stuff.

Why?.... they really should play each other like most other states partake in between "big time" and low tier programs. When Tulsa and OU play you know that is Tulsa's biggest game hands down and creates a great atmosphere out of a game that could be just another OU vs. UT Martin. Why not us play A State as opposed to UT Martin? I'd watch that. I'll watch anything before I watched that and who would pay to watch the UT-Martin game in person? I am not trying to be rude. That's a serious question I am asking.

Brian G

It's been beat to death.  Same conversations.  It's off-season fodder.

There are separate boards for the SEC for a reason.

A St is not in the SEC
A St is not playing the Hogs

Currently, we are in a season without them playing each other.

This is a Hog 2015 thread.

That is your answer.

ricepig

Quote from: beach bum on October 06, 2015, 09:38:30 pm
Quote from: B.G. on October 06, 2015, 09:32:58 pm
Turn off the A St stuff.

Why?.... they really should play each other like most other states partake in between "big time" and low tier programs. When Tulsa and OU play you know that is Tulsa's biggest game hands down and creates a great atmosphere out of a game that could be just another OU vs. UT Martin. Why not us play A State as opposed to UT Martin? I'd watch that. I'll watch anything before I watched that and who would pay to watch the UT-Martin game in person? I am not trying to be rude. That's a serious question I am asking.

Fans will watch, that's who. I'll be there, just like I've been at all of the home games. It's Homecoming, a time for alums to come back to campus.

Valleysports

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 06, 2015, 10:15:29 pm
This week is Homecoming?

Yep, at Bama, our Homecoming is UT-Martin, but I figure you're able to Google it.

Valleysports

Coach Venny Slocombe

Pretty bad if Arkansas is Bama's homecoming...are we getting paid?

WPWells

Not too confident about our chances of winning, but I feel that we should keep it close

dc24

It probably helps the Hogs that they beat Georgia so easily.  Might overlook the Razorbacks for a little while.

Legend

You imagine what would happen if Arkansas played A State and they beat the hogs... Never live it down. Not worth it!

fastdrop

Quote from: HF on October 06, 2015, 08:45:21 pm
Quote from: bleudog on October 06, 2015, 08:15:18 pm

UT-Martin
Nicholls State
Samford
Jacksonville State
Missouri State
Tennessee Tech

Irk if they'd be free...but the one time state..finally broke through they hog fan base would be in epic melt down
Hog Fans have an epic melt down every other week.

I feel like CB like Nutt loves being the under dog. This game will be better than most people think. I thought Georgia was Georgia against Bama last week. I don't feel like this is one of Bama's best teams and is beatable. Arkansas does match up with Bama better than most ...... I think =)    12th man must be affecting me in some weird way.

Legend

I loved how they made a huge deal out of that 1999 Tenn game when they won it to try and make up for the 1998 FUMBLE game. Its like winning that game was the biggest win in school history and wipped away everything to do with the 1998 game.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on October 07, 2015, 05:49:01 am
I loved how they made a huge deal out of that 1999 Tenn game when they won it to try and make up for the 1998 FUMBLE game. Its like winning that game was the biggest win in school history and wipped away everything to do with the 1998 game.

Seems like you can't turn loose of things either....almost 20 years ago

Legend

No this was last week. I seen the video all over FB leading up to the Tenn game

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on October 07, 2015, 07:13:02 am
No this was last week. I seen the video all over FB leading up to the Tenn game

Glad you "seen" it, do you expect teamsfans to put out videos of their losses? I'm sure there is a library full of "Clemsoning" out there for you to view.

Back to this weeks game, we'll need to play flawless to be in it, but that seems to be our mantra against everyone. Hopefully Bama will gift us 5 TO's like they did to Old Sis.

Legend

I just watched the game where we actually won a BCS bowl game!

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on October 07, 2015, 10:43:17 am
I just watched the game where we actually won a BCS bowl game!

There's plenty where you didn't, tell you what, go find a board that cares about them, this is a thread on Razorback Football in 2015.

Legend

Well heck... Then this thread should have been closed after week 2 when the 2015 season was over.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Legend on October 07, 2015, 10:57:04 am
Well heck... Then this thread should have been closed after week 2 when the 2015 season was over.
lmbo +1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Legend on October 07, 2015, 10:57:04 am

Our fanbase only cares when we're losing....nothing to whine about when we're winning..n

PrivateLesson

Life as we know it has become a entertainment society.     

Valleysports

October 09, 2015, 07:07:06 am #776 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 02:45:31 pm by Valleysports

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on September 24, 2015, 09:40:09 am
"Kellen Diesch said he and his parents will be attending the Arkansas-Texas A&M game. He said the main reason he committed to Arkansas was because he believes offensive line coach Sam Pittman can develop him as an offensive tackle better than anyone else. He thinks the Hogs will be competing for a national championship after seeing the talent the Hogs are adding for the future. He said defensive end McTelvin Agim and former USC quarterback Ricky Town are big additions,"

You say he's got good potential? That's wonderful!   

YC

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2015, 02:27:45 pm
"Kellen Diesch said he and his parents will be attending the Arkansas-Texas A&M game. He said the main reason he committed to Arkansas was because he believes offensive line coach Sam Pittman can develop him as an offensive tackle better than anyone else. He thinks the Hogs will be competing for a national championship after seeing the talent the Hogs are adding for the future. He said defensive end McTelvin Agim and former USC quarterback Ricky Town are big additions,"

He has already de-committed.

Valleysports

Well y'all look loaded with OL Freshmen & Red shirt Freshmen - need to give that offer to DL anyway. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2015, 02:59:56 pm
Well y'all look loaded with OL Freshmen & Red shirt Freshmen - need to give that offer to DL anyway.

Not really, you need to look at the roster, we are short OL, and long on DL, including this class of commits.

ricepig

Quote from: IofthaTiger on October 09, 2015, 02:42:33 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2015, 02:27:45 pm

He has already de-committed.
Yep, he was wanting to take visits and Arkansas didn't want him to. I know some say how can you be going after guys committed elsewhere, and then not let yours do that??

Valleysports

The commit / decommit dance is weird, to me, anyway.  Seems like a recruit should be on the market until he signs that Letter of Intent.  It don't matter anyway - they flip until the last minute!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2015, 03:34:37 pm
The commit / decommit dance is weird, to me, anyway.  Seems like a recruit should be on the market until he signs that Letter of Intent.  It don't matter anyway - they flip until the last minute!

Ha...the townes kid is a good example of this

Valleysports

I just looked Ricky Town up - didn't realize 247 had him as the #1 QB in all the land, at one time.  Sounds like he might be coming to Arkansas to get a break from his managr dad.  This kid has grown up with private QB coaches and all that stuff.  Anyhow - way to go Arkansas!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2015, 03:34:37 pm
Or......don't commit until you are 100% sure. Some kids commit to hold a place, until they get what they want, haha. I know I'd hate to have my livelihood depending on the whims of 18yr olds.

Valleysports

Alright let's talk presently.  Are we going to see some younger players getting more playing time?  They'll probably give R Williams more & more carries.  He's shown he dependable.       

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2015, 06:02:29 pm
Alright let's talk presently.  Are we going to see some younger players getting more playing time?  They'll probably give R Williams more & more carries.  He's shown he dependable.     

Probably a few more carries a game, I know they'd rather Alex only have around 20/game. As far as anyone else, I doubt it, they are going to continue redshirting the ones they presently are.

WPWells

Quote from: ebolin on October 09, 2015, 08:49:49 pm
Hi, everyone. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have! Riding to Bama right now. I'll be here all night!

Are Cardinals fans the best fans in baseball?

Valleysports

Quote from: ebolin on October 09, 2015, 08:49:49 pm
Hi, everyone. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have! Riding to Bama right now. I'll be here all night!

Do you have your drivers license with you?

Valleysports

It's just so past my bedtime - got to call it a night.  What is y'alls ETA?  Where did y'all eat supper?

WPWells

BrianfromCarlisle

Ellis has got to have 15 tackles at least

BrianfromCarlisle

There is no way he only has nine

BrianfromCarlisle

He has been in on every play pretty much

zebradynasty

It appears playing safeties 20 yards off the line scrimmage confuses the Tide QB! ??? LOL! :D

Lionbro20

That dude brooks Ellis is playing some ball (finally)

bdubyab60

I hope we can just put some more points  on the board.

Lionbro20

Gonna have to because I'm not getting my hopes up till a 2 score lead with 20 seconds to go lol

bdubyab60

Was just a matter of time before we gave up something. A blown coverage and bam. Offense has got to do something. Got to take some chances.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas