• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So who has the most coming back and is the way early front runner?

Started by Topdog1, December 09, 2018, 11:23:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Topdog1 on December 09, 2018, 11:23:11 pm
Sorry.  Can't let go of football season.

Greenwood will have nothing returning.  I expect a 4, maybe 5, win season at best.

Oldbadger

I heard some of the cheerleaders may have to play. Sad situation in Greenwood!lol

Topdog1

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on December 10, 2018, 09:58:18 am
Greenwood will have nothing returning.  I expect a 4, maybe 5, win season at best.

So Greenwood has not one player returning that started or was productive from this season?

Oldbadger

Quote from: Topdog1 on December 10, 2018, 08:43:26 pm
So Greenwood has not one player returning that started or was productive from this season?
Topdog1, take these Greenwood posters with a grain of salt. The serious ones have moved on to the next sport. They are good guys but tend to pull your chain if you aren't careful! lol

Reddie20

El Do has a pretty solid sophomore group for next year, that will mix well with the senior class.  The junior class isn't very strong but they have a few guys that will be players next season.  You may see a change in QB next season, moving the Hicks kid to running back because they have a pretty solid sophomore QB for next year.  He is a proven winner throughout Jr. High and is a great athlete. They also have some very talented skill guys along with some good size upfront. 

The Future

I was impressed with Pine Bluffs sophomore QB last year in the title game. He played very well against a very very good Greenwood defense. You take him away, it's a shut out.

After the game, I went on record and said my way too early 2019 state champ would be Pine Bluff. The injury bug got them pretty good this year and I'm sure they are better than their record showed.
If everyone remains healthy, look for the Zebras to make a return to WMS.

As far as Greenwood goes, I'll have to double check the roster. But I know we are returning several receivers as well as sophomore RB. Biggest replacement will be at QB. Usually that is a bit of a problem. But Jones is incredibly good at producing QBs. 3 times he has taken a WR and moved them to QB and all 3 times they won state that year.

Pr8hd

Quote from: The Future on December 11, 2018, 10:56:11 am
I was impressed with Pine Bluffs sophomore QB last year in the title game. He played very well against a very very good Greenwood defense. You take him away, it's a shut out.

After the game, I went on record and said my way too early 2019 state champ would be Pine Bluff. The injury bug got them pretty good this year and I'm sure they are better than their record showed.

As far as Greenwood goes, I'll have to double check the roster. But I know we are returning several receivers as well as sophomore RB. Biggest replacement will be at QB. Usually that is a bit of a problem. But Jones is incredibly good at producing QBs. 3 times he has taken a WR and moved them to QB and all 3 times they won state that year.

I sort of look for ED and Benton to make some noise again in the West. ED was young and Benton will have that soph. QB back anytime you got your QB back got a good chance. Not sure who on the East, I'd look for PB to bounce back and likely WM and Jonesboro to be players there potentially as well. GW once again loses a lot on both sides of the ball including kicker as well. My gut says, it will be tough to get back there again next year, but I thought the same thing last year and look what happened. GW will always be in the mix as long as CRJ is lurking the sidelines. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Reddie20 on December 11, 2018, 10:40:54 am
El Do has a pretty solid sophomore group for next year, that will mix well with the senior class.  The junior class isn't very strong but they have a few guys that will be players next season.  You may see a change in QB next season, moving the Hicks kid to running back because they have a pretty solid sophomore QB for next year.  He is a proven winner throughout Jr. High and is a great athlete. They also have some very talented skill guys along with some good size upfront.

Is the Hicks kid related to Alvin or Calvin Hicks that played there and SAU in the mid to late 70's?

zebrafan

Quote from: The Future on December 11, 2018, 10:56:11 am

PB had a lot of younger guys play this year...we will see what they look like with Foots back healthy at QB.

zebradynasty

Quote from: zebrafan on December 12, 2018, 10:11:58 pm
PB had a lot of younger guys play this year...we will see what they look like with Foots back healthy at QB.

Gonna take me a while to figure what we have returning on both sides but we should be bigger along the OL and quicker in the backfield. I do know that the season left everyone with a bad taste in their mouths so I suspect the offseason and summer workouts to be grueling.

gatecrasher

El Dorado has a chance to win big immediately if the right hire is made at head coach.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 28, 2019, 04:04:13 pm
El Dorado has a chance to win big immediately if the right hire is made at head coach.

And it has to be the right hire for sure. The upcoming class is loaded. Hopefully a coaching change and probably an offensive scheme change won't hurt their chances.

GotInfo?

Look for PB to run the East next year. WM loses almost everyone from last year that started. 20 of 22 I think.

gatecrasher

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 28, 2019, 04:11:36 pm
And it has to be the right hire for sure. The upcoming class is loaded. Hopefully a coaching change and probably an offensive scheme change won't hurt their chances.
They have found their man. Announcement tomorrow. Let's just say folks in extreme southern Union County are gonna probably be upset.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 28, 2019, 06:23:33 pm
They have found their man. Announcement tomorrow. Let's just say folks in extreme southern Union County are gonna probably be upset.

Will Eldo transportation superintendent be running a bus to North Louisiana now to pick up players?

gatecrasher

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 28, 2019, 06:41:23 pm
Will Eldo transportation superintendent be running a bus to North Louisiana now to pick up players?
I just spit water across my living room 😁😁😁😁

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas