• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boys 5AA North District Tournament.....

Started by Wraith, February 09, 2006, 12:34:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraith

This is the bracket and I want everyone to talk about it and pick the games and shed some info to everyone:

Game 1 #5 Hector vs. #8 Ola
Game 2 #6 Arkansas Baptist vs. #7 Perryville

Game 3 #4 Lutheran vs. Winner of Game 1
Game 4 #3 Bigelow vs. Winner of Game 2

Game 5 #1 Episcopal vs. Winner of Game 3
Game 6 #2 Abundant Life vs. Winner of Game 4

Game 7 Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6

Wraith

Well tomorrow is the play-in games and I want any of your thoughts on these games and the matchups after this.  Later.

Game 1 Hector vs. Ola    ( Hector easily by 20)

Game 2 Perryville vs. Arkansas Baptist (This IMO is a swing game.  Could go either way.   Bigelow would fair better though if AB won.)

mudturtle

February 12, 2006, 10:56:39 pm #2 Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:59:26 pm by mudturtle
what games are what days?

I'd say Hector and Perryville

Then Hector and Bigelow moving on to the semis

Wraith

Game 1 #5 Hector vs. #8 Ola                                                      Monday's games
Game 2 #6 Arkansas Baptist vs. #7 Perryville

Game 3 #4 Lutheran vs. Winner of Game 1                                 Tuesday's Games
Game 4 #3 Bigelow vs. Winner of Game 2

Game 5 #1 Episcopal vs. Winner of Game 3                                Thursday's Games
Game 6 #2 Abundant Life vs. Winner of Game 4

Game 7 Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6                        Saturday's game

T-2000

Ola beat Hector.  Not sure of score. AB beat Perryville 45-44 when Hopkins hit 2 freethrows w/2 seconds left in the game.

Stevo50

Ballhawker

Wraith, you said "Hector by 20 - easily"!!!!!!!!!!  Ola had other plans.  Hector must have taken them lightly.  Don't predict anymore games Wraith!!!!!!!!! Just messing with you dude!!!!  Keep trying.  Go Lady Eagles!!

mossified4

superd2312

Titan Spirit

L8R_H8R

Bigelow is hosting the tournament. I dread facing them at their house. They are playing good basketball right now.

L8R_H8R

Can anyone help me out with up to date game scores?

Also, I need game times for this tournament if anyone can help. Thanks in advance.

athletic supporter

Abundant Life's girls advanced.
Lutheran beat Ola in Sr Boy's action, 54-50.
Bigelow beat Ola in Sr Girl's game in double overtime by 5 or 6 I can't remember.

Titan Spirit

athletic supporter

pup

Ola Sr. Boys played very well.  Should have beat Lutheran, too many missed shots at the end and turnovers.  Had the lead with about a minute and a half left. That would have been another good win for them.

L8R_H8R

February 15, 2006, 10:18:54 am #16 Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 11:38:43 am by L8R_H8R

Here is the FINAL bracket for the 5AA North boysDistrict Tournament. Good Luck in regionals boys!

Mark Few's pupil

That is a nice bracket.  Do you have a girls bracket?

mudturtle

Impressive balance in this conference.  Seems like everyone was beating everyone all season long.  Funny about the all privates, I expected both Bigelow and Hector to advance.

athletic supporter

Quote from: mudturtle on February 15, 2006, 10:55:11 am
Impressive balance in this conference. Seems like everyone was beating everyone all season long. Funny about the all privates, I expected both Bigelow and Hector to advance.

The funny thing is had Ola beat Lutheran last night, they would have qualified for regionals and only won 4 games all year.

Sharkey

Quote from: mudturtle on February 15, 2006, 10:55:11 am
Impressive balance in this conference. Seems like everyone was beating everyone all season long. Funny about the all privates, I expected both Bigelow and Hector to advance.

Hector probably would have advanced but I understand that they had several key players unable for play. 

L8R_H8R

Quote from: aphsports.com on February 15, 2006, 10:26:03 am
That is a nice bracket. Do you have a girls bracket?

I do have the girls bracket but not with the scores. Since this thread is for the boys, I'll start a new thread for the girls. Let me know if you have any scores for the girls and I will keep it up to date. Thanks.

Wraith

Yeah this conference is crazy but my predictions of the North sweeping the South now is gone.  Seeing Lutheran play last night, has my doubts about them.  AB is good and scrappy, but not good enough to beat AL and then play Mt. Pine or JVille.  The game last night was awesome and as I said on another thread it should be on ESPN Classic.  I met a nice man from AB last night and it was just nice visiting with someone from another team and having a decent conversation of basketball and he agreed with me on every call.  Congrats to AB and to Lutheran for making Regionals.  First time ever for Lutheran.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas