• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4AA Conference Play

Started by rattler06, January 09, 2006, 11:45:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ColonelReb

no offense, but everyone goes into the post season

GreenFro 50

yea well i think it is gonna be exciting. just we aint gonna be slipping in "OUR HOUSE" when hartford comes to town.

ColonelReb

GreenFro 50

i mean we gonna b lettin hartford come in our house and beat us.

ColonelReb

i see...my bad... i guess i "slipped up"

rattler06

Quote from: GreenFro 50 on February 02, 2006, 06:19:02 pm
i mean we gonna b lettin hartford come in our house and beat us.

they won't beat Danville.. our guys beat'em by 21 @ home.. i think Danville will inflict the same amount of damage.. if not more....

rattler06

found this at http://www.swtimes.com

thought everyone might want to read...

Lavaca, Danville Meet In Key 4AA Matchup

By Jonathan Gipson
Friday, February 3, 2006 8:43 AM CST

and Kevin Taylor

TIMES RECORD • JGIPSON@SWTIMES.COM

Lavaca hosts Danville today in what very well could be the 4AA Conference girls regular-season championship game.

Lavaca (18-4, 8-1) and Danville (16-5, 9-1) are tied for the league lead. Lavaca's only conference loss was to Danville, 52-39, while Danville's only league loss was to Charleston, 50-45.

Both teams have a two-game lead over third-place Hartford and Charleston — both are 6-3 in conference. A win by Danville would give the Lady Little Johns no less than a share of the conference title, because Danville has but one conference game remaining after today. It will be homecoming today at Lavaca, which means the senior boys will play first followed by the senior girls.

Down To The Wire

The 4AA Conference boys race looks like it could go down to the wire.

Hackett leads the league at 9-1 going into today's home game against Johnson County Westside. The Hornets, whose only loss was to Hartford, hold a one-game lead over Danville (8-2) and own the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Little Johns.

Danville has a one-game lead over third-place Magazine (6-3) but owns the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Rattlers. Magazine has a one-game lead over fourth-place Hartford (5-4) but owns the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Hustlers.

Hartford has a two-game lead over fifth-place Charleston (3-6) with three games left, including one at home against Charleston. Hartford won the first game of that series.

Scoring Duo

Senior Victor Mendoza, who led Subiaco to a big win over Ozark on Tuesday, is the team's leading scorer with 18 points a game. He's also averaging nine boards, 4.5 assists and four steals per game.

The Trojans' Mike Gaskill, a junior, is averaging 15 points and seven rebounds per game.

Subiaco travels to West Fork today and returns home Tuesday for a pair of games (Tuesday and Thursday) against Waldron and Mansfield.

On The Mend

Lavaca's Clay Ridgley suffered a concussion during Tuesday's game at Hartford. The junior was examined at a local hospital after the game and released a few hours later. Ridgley's injury occurred when he took his third charge of the game and hit his head hard while falling to the floor with 3:51 left to play.

b-ball fan

rattler06

February 03, 2006, 10:19:49 pm #208 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 10:22:47 pm by rattler06
me=in a great mood right now... :D Rattlers win big and i dont have to work 2morrow... ;D .... ALRIGHT... LISTEN UP Hackett, Danville, Magazine, and Hartford.... district is right around the corner... get ready for some shake ups... AND when we go up to Greenland for Regionals in a couple of weeks.... LET'S DOMINATE THE REGION 1 TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-AA ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!

slow_pimpin_21

February 03, 2006, 11:03:17 pm #209 Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 11:14:02 pm by slow_pimpin_21
The final four in yalls regionals.... should be Greenland, Magazine, Danville, and Hackett.. depending on how the brackets work out...

ColonelReb

that's a weird prediction for region to turn out...i dunno about that

Nash Fan

What about Eufreaka Springs?  they went undefeateed in conference play?
Also, watch out for sleepers in Charleston over hartford in the district and Lavaca over the rattlers.  Sorry guys but the only two for sures are Danville and Hackett.  they don't have to play to get in.  Good luck.  by the way, I do see Magazine getting in.

rattler06

Eufreaka? y do yall call them that.. just wonderin... lol

wonderboys

Quote from: rattler06 on February 04, 2006, 09:13:11 pm
Eufreaka? y do yall call them that.. just wonderin... lol

apparently you don't know much about the town and the school up there

rattler06

ColonelReb

and that's why you're ignorant to why we call them Eufreka...there's some pretty awesome romanian chicks though...

supermario

GOOD POINT!!!  Hey Boogaloo, didnt you get a phone # from one of those Romanian chicks??!!

wickawhat

freakishly awesome apparently.

ColonelReb

that i did...that i did!
Quote from: TheLastSamurai on February 05, 2006, 12:51:57 am
GOOD POINT!!! Hey Boogaloo, didnt you get a phone # from one of those Romanian chicks??!!

Hartford_rox

Quote from: inyourface on February 04, 2006, 01:14:35 pm
What about Eufreaka Springs? they went undefeateed in conference play?
Also, watch out for sleepers in Charleston over hartford in the district and Lavaca over the rattlers. Sorry guys but the only two for sures are Danville and Hackett. they don't have to play to get in. Good luck. by the way, I do see Magazine getting in.

Its hard to beat a decent team 3 times... Our guys last year had an easy W to make it to regionals but overlooked westside and didnt get it.. Jus like Lavaca overlooked our girls and didnt get in.. Both Hartford teams need to stay focused and not overlook anyone..

ColonelReb

that is the truth...everyone overlooks someone from time to time...and it ends up coming back to haunt them

wonderboys

Quote from: rattler06 on February 04, 2006, 10:18:56 pm
nope......

Well there are a lot of homosexuals in Eureaka Springs, they have special holidays and parades and stuff. That is why it is referred to as Eufreaka Springs. That is that.

rattler06

ic now... lol.. never been up that way... understand y yall call it that...

ColonelReb

you probably dont wanna "be up that way" that's for sure!

rattler06

Quote from: Electric Boogaloo™ on February 05, 2006, 10:11:30 pm
you probably dont wanna "be up that way" that's for sure!

haha.. ya thats 4 sure

rattler06

who all plays who 2morrow night????

Magazine @ Westside.... who else??

Hartford_rox

ColonelReb

yeah, that's about all i know of

wickawhat

The Hartford at Danville is all that matters. heheh

hornets11

yeah i wish i could go but hackett is scrimmaging scranton tonite...so good luck to boff of yalls teams. lol

wonderboys

Quote from: hornets11 on February 07, 2006, 12:08:25 pm
yeah i wish i could go but hackett is scrimmaging scranton tonite...so good luck to boff of yalls teams. lol

we play scranton on Friday, or Danville does. What do you mean "scrimmaging" is it not a real game?

ColonelReb

scrimmaging means non-real game ya know

rattler06

ColonelReb

so magazine won
danville won...anyone else?

GreenFro 50

DISTRICT TOURNEY IS AROUND THE CORNER.

ColonelReb

it's actually only like 4 days away!! or 5 whichever

rattler06

sorry... just in the mood to support our teams!!!

MaGaZiNe RaTtLeRs

ColonelReb

slow_pimpin_21

Quote from: rattler06 on February 09, 2006, 06:59:39 pm
sorry... just in the mood to support our teams!!!

MaGaZiNe RaTtLeRs

SCHOOL SPIRIT= one clap from me! ;D GO RATTLERS

ColonelReb

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas